Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the strongest bug?
This poll is closed.
Praying mantis 91 21.06%
🐜 71 16.44%
🦂 56 12.96%
🕷 46 10.65%
🦎 101 23.38%
Centipede 67 15.51%
Total: 432 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

too many posts to quote just lol at everything

edit, this is the worst page snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I will take the fight to the bio lab nazis

drat bio lab nazis got hands

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Think Less posted:

i don't know know anything about this dude or nuclear war, but it seems well sourced and plausible. tldr: its real loving bad but not as bad as the popular conception

http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/nuclear/nuclearwar1.html
i dunno, it seems about as bad as the ending of Threads, except in the last paragraph he jumps ahead 50 years and says 'there has been some recovery in some areas'

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Calibanibal posted:

Freaking out at the rumor that these Biolabs were being used to breed super Nazis

Overlord was a documentary

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

wait, seriously? gorbachev is still alive? what's he up to these days?

on the other hand i dunno if yeltsin is still alive, but if he is i know he's drinking

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

yeltisn is definitely dead

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Calibanibal posted:

Freaking out at the rumor that these Biolabs were being used to breed super Nazis

the black sun that nato retweeted originates from the castle that inspired wolfenstein

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

"A 'Z' is just as bad as an SS symbol" ~ a person with the tag for donating to actual neo nazis who support the glorification of the SS

Z for Bandera: you can’t kill an idea

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1501313109520175104

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Gresh posted:

what kind of research?

In reality it's probably research on fungus resistance in corn varieties. But the implication from Russia Today is that the US is collaborating with Ukraine on building a T-virus to test out on innocent Russian civilians.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

yunichel posted:

I don't know the full context of this clip but here's Victoria Nuland talking about US biolabs in Ukraine

https://twitter.com/shehzadyounis/status/1501300844649615362

yunichel
Apr 27, 2010
It's the Russians, pinky promise

yunichel has issued a correction as of 22:56 on Mar 8, 2022

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
So in the picture that NATO shared in their tweet:

everyone is pointing out the black sun, but there's another patch below it that i've not personally seen before

it took me about a while to figure out what that was but enough of the word is visible and it's an ak-47 so i was able to find it:

google translate of the product description:

quote:

The R3ich brand’s "AK47 HATE V2" sleeve patch is made of high-quality material, due to 3D technology, the patch is 3D with a clear image.

The patch with the inscription "Hate" and the image of the AK74 assault rifle with a grenade launcher speaks for itself. The owner of such a patch most likely hates the enemies and is ready to stand up to the end for the honor of his family and his homeland.
gotta add a little extra nazi-themed flair to your uniform. i wonder what the patch is hidden by the strap.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

yunichel posted:

I don't know the full context of this clip but here's Victoria Nuland talking about US biolabs in Ukraine

https://twitter.com/shehzadyounis/status/1501300844649615362

lmao if Russia finds evidence that the US made covid as a weapon

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

I can't believe this... sunflower-Nazi hybrid... powered by solar rays... able to turn invisible and fly through the air...

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Last Chance posted:

How is the war going?

The Ukrainian Air Force continues to contest the skies, especially during the day.

The Southern Russian offensive appears blunted; they appear to have finally secured Kherson for reals after the 4th try but seem to be having trouble finding a viable bypass around Mykolaiv (and bypassing a city of that size might be a bad idea), while Mariupol continues to refuse to fall (though it could happen at any moment), tying up the forces committed to its encirclement. Still, lots of Russian combat potential down there, and these are the best supplied forces in the theatre, so any breakthroughs would be very dangerous.

On the Northern front, the last of the uncommitted Russian reserves did a hard Westward push towards Kyiv in a way that looks to have pocketed several points of Ukrainian resistance, however they didn't seem to detach elements to fix or contain said points, leaving their operational rear open to Ukrainian maneuvering and supply raiding. Maneuver warfare is all well and good to bypass enemy formations, but I think they're underestimating the effectiveness of modern insurgencies by just outright ignoring urban areas like that. Otherwise Russian forces are engaging in a number of slow grinder offensives in the NW, though so far Kharkiv and Sumy have repelled attempts at direct encirclement, and in turn continue to hamper Russian logistical efforts through their areas.

Speaking of encirclement, Chernihiv getting pocketed is probably the biggest threat to the Ukrainian Northern efforts, but the aforementioned Westward Russian push seems part of a command-level focus on Kyiv.

As for Kyiv, the Russians look to be hedging their bets on a big push and at least partial encirclement with their flanking reserves, though what form this will take isn't clear at this time. In any case, we can probably expect heavy fighting there in the next 24-48 hours. Incidentally, the next round of Ukrainian/Russian negotiations is on Thursday.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Greenwald you complete wad.

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1501313747754881031

yunichel
Apr 27, 2010

Calibanibal posted:

I can't believe this... sunflower-Nazi hybrid... powered by solar rays... able to turn invisible and fly through the air...

The black sunflower... the real Ghost of Kyev?

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
I thought powerful modern air forces like Russia's were, since like the 80s, able to detect and shoot down enemy planes from hundreds of miles away

how are there any ukrainian planes still in the air?

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Livejournal Update - Just Donbass this time around:

Donbass - 21:00 8/3/22

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
if its an american lab it obviously is producing weapons. america is an innocent consumer of medicines and other life-saving drugs and they are feeling the pinch charged by those pharmaceutical companies just like you and me. anyway - like I was saying vote

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Lmao the kooks were right about the biolabs

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Calibanibal posted:

Wolfenstein is real?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Calibanibal posted:

good thing the Russians got blocked out of r/forcedbreeding

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Crusader posted:

the black sun that nato retweeted originates from the castle that inspired wolfenstein

quoting for the "real sentences in tyool 2022" thread

Lenin Stimpy
Sep 9, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gresh posted:

lol ok this might have been covered in the 1100 posts I didn't go through since last night but seriously every single photo of Ukrainian soldiers I've seen seems to have some Nazis in it

this invasion is the greatest gift to Ukrainian fascists, funny how dumb dumbs dont get that

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Ramzan Kadyrov responded to Japan on Telegram:

:blessed:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Crusader posted:

lmfao

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Maximo Roboto posted:

Winning hearts and minds with the local Chinese citizens

you're with china or you're toast

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Sherbert Hoover posted:

I thought powerful modern air forces like Russia's were, since like the 80s, able to detect and shoot down enemy planes from hundreds of miles away

they’re not

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Calibanibal posted:

antifa supersoldiers (anarchists who fight with the nazis)

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Nothus posted:

Wolfenstein is real?

all videogames are

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Conspiratiorist posted:

The Ukrainian Air Force continues to contest the skies, especially during the day.

The Southern Russian offensive appears blunted; they appear to have finally secured Kherson for reals after the 4th try but seem to be having trouble finding a viable bypass around Mykolaiv (and bypassing a city of that size might be a bad idea), while Mariupol continues to refuse to fall (though it could happen at any moment), tying up the forces committed to its encirclement. Still, lots of Russian combat potential down there, and these are the best supplied forces in the theatre, so any breakthroughs would be very dangerous.

On the Northern front, the last of the uncommitted Russian reserves did a hard Westward push towards Kyiv in a way that looks to have pocketed several points of Ukrainian resistance, however they didn't seem to detach elements to fix or contain said points, leaving their operational rear open to Ukrainian maneuvering and supply raiding. Maneuver warfare is all well and good to bypass enemy formations, but I think they're underestimating the effectiveness of modern insurgencies by just outright ignoring urban areas like that. Otherwise Russian forces are engaging in a number of slow grinder offensives in the NW, though so far Kharkiv and Sumy have repelled attempts at direct encirclement, and in turn continue to hamper Russian logistical efforts through their areas.

Speaking of encirclement, Chernihiv getting pocketed is probably the biggest threat to the Ukrainian Northern efforts, but the aforementioned Westward Russian push seems part of a command-level focus on Kyiv.

As for Kyiv, the Russians look to be hedging their bets on a big push and at least partial encirclement with their flanking reserves, though what form this will take isn't clear at this time. In any case, we can probably expect heavy fighting there in the next 24-48 hours. Incidentally, the next round of Ukrainian/Russian negotiations is on Thursday.

from every map i've seen chernihiv's supply line has been exposed for a few days. there's been one possible road which doesn't take a convoy through russian-claimed territory, and that road looks from google maps to be clearly visible from at least one stretch of russian-claimed road. i have no idea who's holding chernihiv but i doubt they're quite as gung-ho as the guys in mariupol. though, as you've noted, the ukrainians seem to be raiding russian supplies in that sector - but i wouldn't be shocked if chernihiv surrendered before mariupol, they were likely less prepared for a siege and have been fighting at a fair intensity with low supply.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

indigi posted:

they’re not

but all my childhood plane books...

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Marx Headroom posted:

also interesting are the manuals they used to print about constructing an improvised fallout shelter

https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=mdp.39015041763437&view=1up&seq=7&skin=2021

tldr the vast majority of homes provide basically no protection but you could feasibly survive by stacking furniture in a corner and stretching out agaInst the wall for *checks notes* two weeks

working hard! thank you!

I'm not doing any of that, this nuclear fallout thing is all just a big hoax :smug:

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol at the fact that Zelensky shoved god knows how many Ukrainians into the frontlines to their deaths for two weeks only to sign a peace treaty that recognizes Minsk 2 on worse terms.

All he had to do was respect a single treaty and not threaten to grab nuclear weapons or publicly declare Ukraine as part of NATO.

But maybe he will be able to flee the country fast enough to become a millionaire celebrity in the US before he gets capped by a nazi.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1501175919721000968?s=20&t=muqP2xA59tBKbT0Rc9rkjg

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016

Apraxin posted:

i dunno, it seems about as bad as the ending of Threads, except in the last paragraph he jumps ahead 50 years and says 'there has been some recovery in some areas'

jpmeyer
Jan 17, 2012

parody image of che

fermun posted:

So in the picture that NATO shared in their tweet:

everyone is pointing out the black sun, but there's another patch below it that i've not personally seen before

it took me about a while to figure out what that was but enough of the word is visible and it's an ak-47 so i was able to find it:

google translate of the product description:

gotta add a little extra nazi-themed flair to your uniform. i wonder what the patch is hidden by the strap.

lol nato deleted their tweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

jpmeyer posted:

lol nato deleted their tweet

Lol.

Lmao