Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Gonna laugh so hard when Rodgers gets his contract officially announced and it’s exactly the same as the fake one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Maybe this is all a prelude to trading for Watson, hah.

Chaos options: Cam Newton or Jameis Winston.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Woozie66 posted:

This...makes no sense??? YOU TRADED HIM dummies.

Intern who runs the account see's what's in store for him in the near future, says gently caress it they can't make my life worse.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

I'm glad for this because now I know how garish Wilson's house is:

Mahomes by far has the best QB house I've seen. It's a sweet restored mid century modern.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Play posted:

Oh I either never heard about that or forgot it (which wouldn't be that surprising).

Unless I'm forgetting something DUI+reckless driving+speeding for Geno with some other charges for not cooperating with officers.

It's bad, it's also...not bad enough to cost him his job by itself probably since no one got hurt. Being Geno Smith the football player is the bigger hurdle here it seems to me.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
lol

lmao

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Mahomes by far has the best QB house I've seen. It's a sweet restored mid century modern.

drat that's a sweet house

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Watching 2 1/2 games of Geno Smith, he was just so... bland, nothing exciting, no great plays (his one good game was against the Urban-led Jags).

Anyway, he's probably not playing again considering he just decided to go driving drunk at the end of the season and that's the sort of thing that jeopardizes your career if you're a bubble player.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

seiferguy posted:

Seattle was still a top 10 team in DVOA (insert "DVOA is bullshit" arguments) last year, so I'm guessing the FO convinced themselves if they can get a stopgap QB and replace a few other spots, they'll still be competitive.

That probably won't happen, but that's the thought process!

lotta good that DVOA did for them

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

That's fantastic. Way to be a good-taste-haver.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kalli posted:

I hate that I immediately recognized the balcony (on the right) from that one video he posted.

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Failson posted:

That's fantastic. Way to be a good-taste-haver.

The refrigerator door in the background is full of ketchup.

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow
QB with the nickname "Chef" is heading to the Broncos.

The South Park guys love the Broncos.

South Park had a long-running character named "Chef".

...No idea how they'd work it, but I think there's a SP episode in there.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I really hope this blows up in the Broncos' face since it's pretty annoying that they fell backward into a franchise QB for a low haul for the second time in a few years

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

AndrewP posted:

Teddy
Andey
Fitz
Cam
Jameis
Tyrod
Jacoby Brissett
Mariota
Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco
Mitch
Gabbert
Henne
Glennon
Geno Smith
Josh Johnson
Colt McCoy

The list gets very sad from here

Quarterbacks that have played in and won a playoff game:

Cam
Mariota
Flacco
Henne technically

Flacco and Gabbert do have rings, so clearly the correct answer is trade for Nick Foles Joe Flacco.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mega64 posted:

Quarterbacks that have played in and won a playoff game:

Henne technically

Hey now the Hennewagon really did make a hell of a couple of plays to win a playoff game though. It's still technically, but it's the good type of technically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPow6Mm9F70

Um aside from that....I'd probably rather have Drew Lock if I were down to picking between the two of them in 2022 since we were just talking about him. Or Teddy. Or *insert random name*

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Fire Safety Doug posted:

Real curious to see what the trade package is because what the hell do the Seahawks have without Wilson?

um Drew Lock? duh

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

I have ever played!
reminder that Denver could have selected Russell Wilson for a 3rd round pick ten years ago but they went with Brock Osweiler instead lmao

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

mcmagic posted:

I really hope this blows up in the Broncos' face since it's pretty annoying that they fell backward into a franchise QB for a low haul for the second time in a few years

I don't think it will blow up but this doesn't put them even close to KC, maybe they can finish 2nd place though because it's not like the Chargers are into the playoffs.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Well, I guess I need a new avatar now.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

mcmagic posted:

It easily could. Especially when you consider that 'blow up in their face' is probably every result except winning a super bowl. And I don't find them winning a super bowl extremely likely.

Russ isn't the same player he once was, that's clear to me. He still has a lot of good qualities, but does he instantly make the Broncos super bowl prospects like Stafford did for the Rams? To me, the answer is no. Even though I think they will clearly be better of course.

Also it seems like I'm the only guy in the world who kinda likes Drew Lock? Or at least wants to give him a chance? I think it would be cool if he can start an actual season and develop. And I don't think the Seahawks were going to the super bowl again with Russ, ever. So why not make a bold change, especially when Russ himself clearly wanted out?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Two drafts and Noah Fant still on his rookie contract for a 33 year old isn't really a "low haul". Manning was vastly cheaper

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

I have ever played!

Play posted:

Also it seems like I'm the only guy in the world who kinda likes Drew Lock? Or at least wants to give him a chance? I think it would be cool if he can start an actual season and develop. And I don't think the Seahawks were going to the super bowl again with Russ, ever. So why not make a bold change, especially when Russ himself clearly wanted out?

enjoy low-rent Jay Cutler 2.0 without the talent

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

drat

https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1501318677299224585

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Homestar Runner posted:

enjoy low-rent Jay Cutler 2.0 without the talent

well I'm not a Seahawks fan. So no matter what happens I get to enjoy it :devil:

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Kalli posted:

Honestly compared to a lot of horrible college football coaches houses this is a modern art masterpiece.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

ChocolatePancake posted:

Well, I guess I need a new avatar now.

I'm just glad you're sticking with the team instead of following the star QB to his next destination, like those dang Pats fans did

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
I'll always root for Drew Lock to succeed, but I'm a Broncos fan first and foremost.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Play posted:

And I don't think the Seahawks were going to the super bowl again with Russ, ever. So why not make a bold change, especially when Russ himself clearly wanted out?

The Seahawks are never making a Super Bowl again with their current coaching staff and front office and they were much bigger inhibitors than Russ. Moving Russ to keep past-his-expiration Pete Carroll and John Schneider makes no sense whatsoever.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The Seahawks are never making a Super Bowl again with their current coaching staff and front office and they were much bigger inhibitors than Russ. Moving Russ to keep past-his-expiration Pete Carroll and John Schneider makes no sense whatsoever.

I don't disagree with that, I think it's a good time to clean house and start over. My main point is that trying to force Russ to play another doomed season when he wants to be traded would've been foolish, and pointless.

But yeah, I would think Carroll isn't long for the Seahawks and it would be a weird move indeed to start this rebuild/reset with him. I'm surprised he even wants to.

I bet they draft some QB this year, someone Pete likes, that QB ends up sucking and then Pete goes gently caress this and retires.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lol she’s just posting through it I love it

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah I think that's an okay deal for the Hawks so long as they clean out everyone else, too.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Play posted:

Also it seems like I'm the only guy in the world who kinda likes Drew Lock? Or at least wants to give him a chance? wanted out?

drew lock couldnt beat out teddy bridgewater and while i like teddy bridgewater he loving sucks

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Play posted:

I don't disagree with that, I think it's a good time to clean house and start over. My main point is that trying to force Russ to play another doomed season when he wants to be traded would've been foolish, and pointless.

I think he’d have stayed if they’d fired Carroll and brought in an offensive minded head coach. I think they picked Carroll and Schneider over Wilson and that’s insane.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I'm just glad you're sticking with the team instead of following the star QB to his next destination, like those dang Pats fans did

So tell me about bronco jersey colors with the number 3 on them…

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I think he’d have stayed if they’d fired Carroll and brought in an offensive minded head coach. I think they picked Carroll and Schneider over Wilson and that’s insane.

Let's be honest you probably would have hated what the Seahawks did either way

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Probably but he's right in this case.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

sirtommygunn posted:

Probably but he's right in this case.

Agreed, but who knows what their options really were. Bleh.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
God regardless of what players we get in the draft or how Russ performs if you have a QB of Russ’ talent and career to date of you trade him it’s an organizational failure that it got to this place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Dubious posted:

drew lock couldnt beat out teddy bridgewater and while i like teddy bridgewater he loving sucks

welll.... maybe vic fangio is just an idiot!!! or probably drew lock accidentally farted in his office and thats why he got put in the doghouse. every think of that!? :colbert: