Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

the funny bit is that the savathun memory things make you use hive glyphs a ton in a solo context but the only thing they're useful for now is running pit and more savathun memory weeklies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

DarkHorse posted:

Aww thank you! I'm glad to know it helped (and to Bust Rodd for giving me credit!), feel free to give suggestions for how I could make it better for newbies (says the guy that's only been playing since September)

Would a detailed guide on using DIM be useful? If so I can try to write one up

A guide would be very appreciated. Though re-reading the OP now I do see there is a part on item management that mentions DIM and Light.gg. I definitely overlooked it and did not realized how much they can do.

As for the newbie guide, the two things I found a little confusing is that in the section where you're explaining how light level and its caps work, there's a mention of eight vendor bounties, but doesn't really talk about who they are, and then the list of places to get bounties lists more than eight, so I sort of assume it means the 8 in the Tower? And then there's mentioning that only Pinnacle activities will raise your light level after a certain point, but ctrl+f doesn't show any other mentions fo Pinnacle and I'm not really sure what those are.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
holy poo poo they fixed the 'all your armour flashes' bug

best weekly reset ever

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Potsticker posted:

A guide would be very appreciated. Though re-reading the OP now I do see there is a part on item management that mentions DIM and Light.gg. I definitely overlooked it and did not realized how much they can do.

As for the newbie guide, the two things I found a little confusing is that in the section where you're explaining how light level and its caps work, there's a mention of eight vendor bounties, but doesn't really talk about who they are, and then the list of places to get bounties lists more than eight, so I sort of assume it means the 8 in the Tower? And then there's mentioning that only Pinnacle activities will raise your light level after a certain point, but ctrl+f doesn't show any other mentions fo Pinnacle and I'm not really sure what those are.

https://twitter.com/lowlines/status/1326722195431649281?s=20&t=_v1Wv05OmoTxtW2I3lvvIA

this is the hierarchy, just adapt the light levels.

If any PHOTOSHOP MASTAHS could update this image to make it evergreen I would love to have it in the OP

ALSO just for me, but if any of the Xbox destiny players have any of the funny meme gifs from console thread please post them because some of them are so funny i laugh until i barf.

currently Zavala, Drifter, Bansee-44, and Shaxx are the 4 NPCs in the tower you can do 8 weekly bounties for. The War Table and Fynch each grant weekly powerfuls but their conditions aren't just tied to bounties. Hawthorne gives you loot for being in a clan and contributing clan XP. I don't think the Moon, Europa, or Dreaming City offer powerful rewards currently.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Mar 8, 2022

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Bust Rodd posted:

https://twitter.com/lowlines/status/1326722195431649281?s=20&t=_v1Wv05OmoTxtW2I3lvvIA

If any PHOTOSHOP MASTAHS could update this image to make it evergreen I would love to have it in the OP

ALSO just for me, but if any of the Xbox destiny players have any of the funny meme gifs from console thread please post them because some of them are so funny i laugh until i barf.

currently Zavala, Drifter, Bansee-44, and Shaxx are the 4 NPCs in the tower you can do 8 weekly bounties for. The War Table and Fynch each grant weekly powerfuls but their conditions aren't just tied to bounties. Hawthorne gives you loot for being in a clan and contributing clan XP. I don't think the Moon, Europa, or Dreaming City offer powerful rewards currently.

The console thread and its majestic OP can still be seen here https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3899668

Hawthorne also gives powerfuls when your other clanmates do Crucible, Gambit, Nightfalls and Raids together (one each per weekly reset) though off the top of my head I don’t know what tier.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
thanks i barfed

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

well one run of master vox will almost certainly complete the pinnacle :shepface:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

I feel like I may not still be understanding, because this doesn't seem to say what Pinnacle activities are? That appears to me to just the place that pinnacle items are in the tier list?

edit: I'm at 1505 light rn so like last week was when I was first earning powerful rewards.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Certain activities, such as Grasp of Avarice or Vix Obscura, offer Pinnacle Rewards, which are the highest tier reward available compared to your current light and they are the only way to upgrade your light past a certain point.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Potsticker posted:

I feel like I may not still be understanding, because this doesn't seem to say what Pinnacle activities are? That appears to me to just the place that pinnacle items are in the tier list?

edit: I'm at 1505 light rn so like last week was when I was first earning powerful rewards.

clarification: there are four vendors who each offer a powerful drop for doing 8 bounties for each of them. Gunsmith, zavala, shaxx, drifter. So like you do 8 strike bounties from Zavala, he gives you a reward (a powerful drop and some bright dust for buying cosmetics). You do 8 crucible bounties for shaxx, he'll give you a reward, and so on.

Anyway, look around the destinations map- yellow stars are powerful/pinnacle drops. You can then mouse over the activity/vendor in question to see exactly what drop it is and what you need to do.

Drops come in 4 tiers (1, 2, 3, pinnacle), where each tier drops at a higher level. In the same way that once you reached the 'soft' cap, which this season is 1500, you started needing powerful drops to level and blues no longer works, there's a 'pinnacle cap', which this season is 1550. At that point powerful tiers 1/2/3 no longer level you, and you need pinnacle drops.

Again, you can mouse over the various activities with yellow stars and it'll say what sort of drop it gives.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Mazerunner posted:

clarification: there are four vendors who each offer a powerful drop for doing 8 bounties for each of them. Gunsmith, zavala, shaxx, drifter.

Anyway, look around the destinations map- yellow stars are powerful/pinnacle drops. You can then mouse over the activity/vendor in question to see exactly what drop it is and what you need to do.

Drops come in 4 tiers (1, 2, 3, pinnacle), where each tier drops at a higher level. In the same way that once you reached the 'soft' cap, which this season is 1500, you started needing powerful drops to level and blues no longer works, there's a 'pinnacle cap', which this season is 1550. At that point powerful tiers 1/2/3 no longer level you, and you need pinnacle drops.

Again, you can mouse over the various activities with yellow stars and it'll say what sort of drop it gives.

Oh, that's very clear now! Thank you very much.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It’s part of the tiered progression system.

When you start out at 1350, every drop you get from any source will be at a higher power level. This continues until stuff is dropping at 1500

At 1500, now only powerful drops will be at a higher level. Powerful drops are labeled as such in activity descriptions on the map (mouse over it and see if it rewards “powerful gear” at the bottom). Prime engrams you decrypt at the guy in the tower also count as powerful. This continues until powerfuls are dropping at 1550

At 1550, now only pinnacle drops will be at a higher level. Pinnacle drops are also labeled, but tend to be concentrated on more hardcore endgame activities- raids, dungeons, more demanding PVP. There are some pinnacles that don’t require that level of effort, but you’ll be powering up much slower if you don’t do them. This continues until pinnacles are dropping at 1560

At 1560 you have maxed out your gear level for the season, you can’t get drops higher than this

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

haveblue posted:

It’s part of the tiered progression system.

All of the mechanics of this was clear, though the specific message on activities calling out the gear type by those names I'd only recently seen (which makes sense given that I only recently broke through to being able to see the powerful gear message. The yellow star markers and the fact that it's four vendors that you do eight bounties for (And who they are) was not clear. The part in the OP that talks about the light caps mentions "eight vendor bounties" which parsed to me as eight vendors who you do bounties for.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
There are two kinds of Pinnacles, btw, and they aren't labeled anywhere.

The 3 strike/3 crucible/3 gambit and the Hawthorne Clan XP pinnacles are based on +1 your max, while all other pinnacles are +2

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The engram coloring system is stupid and bad. They should delete greens and blues entirely, and shuffle all engrams down to fill that gap. So greens are just world drop purple engrams, and go up from there.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

There are two kinds of Pinnacles, btw, and they aren't labeled anywhere.

The 3 strike/3 crucible/3 gambit and the Hawthorne Clan XP pinnacles are based on +1 your max, while all other pinnacles are +2

well that's for when you've reached 1550, before that pinnacles give huge jump, like +7, though I'm sure there's still the distinction between the two types you mentioned

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

xzzy posted:

The engram coloring system is stupid and bad. They should delete greens and blues entirely, and shuffle all engrams down to fill that gap. So greens are just world drop purple engrams, and go up from there.

I’d be happy enough if legendary and prime engrams could just not be slightly different shades of purple.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
API updated to show raid loot.

Also they added Adept weapons, so that answers that mystery!

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

hi the callouts that my team made up during our world first are significantly better than the actual callouts and now they are in infographic form

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2022/03/08/how-to-get-destiny-2s-secret-rhulk-raid-chest-for-guaranteed-red-weapons/

Hmm, I'm glad the opportunity exists, but I can't help but fear this will make people less interested in taking Newbies through, thus jeopardizing the extra loot for a full run

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Kith posted:

hi the callouts that my team made up during our world first are significantly better than the actual callouts and now they are in infographic form

I like these. My group called Garden "Bulgarian Flag" and we called Drip "Assassin's Creed Logo"

The traveler over the earth looks just like the finisher indicator, and as soon as I typed that out I wondered if that's what the Darkness sees too...

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Ballstab and Two Guys come close to toppling my favorite names 69 fish and stripper dragon

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Heh. I like these custom names, but I'm also getting a laugh out of the callouts finally having formal, in-game names.... and still we manage to fracture the population with group-specific naming conventions

LFG must always be messy!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
There’s no reason to use anything other than the official names

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

haveblue posted:

except that at least half of them suck

also we didn't know that they had official names because the whole "aim to read them" thing has never been done in any other content, ever

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Kith posted:

except that at least half of them suck

also we didn't know that they had official names because the whole "aim to read them" thing has never been done in any other content, ever

Also you can only see the names while ADSing in the one room that everyone just sprinted through

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Still can't get a new Ascendancy mat from Rahool, but I haven't logged in for the new reset. It's been over a week now and my Striga is cata-listless.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

harrygomm fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jun 22, 2022

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

You don't need to ADS to see names in the lore room, also because the raid was a bit buggy the door forward didn't open for us so we turned back and hosed around there for like 15min before someone noticed the door had eventually openned which prob helped notice them all :v:

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

J.A.B.C. posted:

Still can't get a new Ascendancy mat from Rahool, but I haven't logged in for the new reset. It's been over a week now and my Striga is cata-listless.

Just run the weekly campaign mission a few times, you'll get one eventually.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

haveblue posted:

:reject:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
My clan pronounces worship warship and I always think they mean fleet and they do it on purpose and I hate those jerks

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Just discovered Kinetic Siphon apparently does not work with a Stasis gun in the kinetic slot. So my crafted stasis Syncopation-53 is useless for making orbs with it.

This also applies to perks like Osmosis, and Firefly on Ace of Spades.

Roman fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Mar 9, 2022

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

haveblue posted:

yes, because "Enter" and "Kill" are things that are uniquely said only in the context of calling out symbols. "Black Garden" and "Black Heart" are easy to distinguish. "Gift" and "Love" are certainly the first thing I thought of when I saw those symbols...

Most of the official names are butts. Odds are everyone will standardize on them, but they wont be naturally fitting. You just have to learn them and memorize them, which is just a burden on teaching the raid.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

A question for clarification because I thought I understood but after googling I'm not sure I do. Should I be keeping the highest light level item for every slot, or just one item that's the highest? Like if I have 1501 pants and a 1501 hat and a 1506 primary weapon (and they're all blue let's say for the sake of this example) can I safely disassemble the pants and hat because they're not my highest light level, or do I need to keep them because they are the highest light level I have for the slot? My impression was that I just needed to keep the highest light level item, but now I'm not so sure and googling for the answer has only made me more confused.

RecoomesSexyRear
Jul 18, 2003

Keep the highest light level item for each slot.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

RecoomesSexyRear posted:

Keep the highest light level item for each slot.

Thank you. This part in the OP is what had me thinking it was the other way:
Item drops will vary +/- a few points of the highest Light level item you own. Note this item doesn't need to be equipped or even on your person, it can be in the Vault (storage) and it will still count for the calculation.

Because that sounds like you only need one single highest light item, but then the next sentence is:
So save your highest-Light level items until you're to a higher light level.

which uses "items" plural which is where I started to second guess myself.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Roman posted:

Just discovered Kinetic Siphon apparently does not work with a Stasis gun in the kinetic slot. So my crafted stasis Syncopation-53 is useless for making orbs with it.

This also applies to perks like Osmosis, and Firefly on Ace of Spades.

yeah cause you need the stasis siphon mod. for osmosis you need the mod of whatever element you're turning the gun into.

firefly might actually be solar damage so you'd need a solar mod but that's really beyond the pale

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Potsticker posted:

Thank you. This part in the OP is what had me thinking it was the other way:

https://destinyrecipes.com/power
or
https://destiny-power-bars.corke.dev/

If you have trouble keeping track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Oxyclean posted:

Matchmade raids would be bad with how Destiny is right now, I don't think anyone is arguing that.

But FFXIV has engaging matchmade raid content, so Bungie has room to up their game.

Also, put the fireteam finder in game FFS.

There is nothing at all engaging about FFXIV matchmade raid content lol