Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Drew Lock is garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Maybe Drew will make another funny gif of himself rapping during a game :smith:

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Its Rinaldo posted:

God regardless of what players we get in the draft or how Russ performs if you have a QB of Russ’ talent and career to date of you trade him it’s an organizational failure that it got to this place

Hey 10 years is not enough time to build a functional offensive line

Edit: oh Lock is #3 too so I can just print out LOCK and tape it over the WILSON on my jersey

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Mar 9, 2022

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
why are you all so cruel to my large adult son drew

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I think he’d have stayed if they’d fired Carroll and brought in an offensive minded head coach. I think they picked Carroll and Schneider over Wilson and that’s insane.

I dunno man. I am pretty sure "they" meaning the Seahawks ARE Carroll and Schneider.

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow
This is the bit my dumb arse can't understand. Who other than Carroll and Schneider could have formulated, negotiated, and pushed through such a deal? The ghost of Paul Allen? Carroll and Schneider are doing this to themselves with clear and open eyes. I dunt get it.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

shirts and skins posted:

Let's be honest you probably would have hated what the Seahawks did either way

I’d have laughed and talked poo poo either way but my real honest opinion is that Russ, even in his recent and seemingly diminished form, is way more important to the teams success than Carroll or Schneider.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Its Rinaldo posted:

God regardless of what players we get in the draft or how Russ performs if you have a QB of Russ’ talent and career to date of you trade him it’s an organizational failure that it got to this place

To be fair, what notable QB in the last 20 years has remained with his drafted team lately all the way to retirement?

Aaron Rodgers
Ben Rothelisberger
Matt Ryan
Tony Romo
um I'm sure there are more um

Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, all had new teams. Joe Montana, traded. Even Eli Manning was traded technically on draft day.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Chargers legend Eli Manning

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

To be fair, what notable QB in the last 20 years has remained with his drafted team lately all the way to retirement?

Playing your entire career on one team would seem to indicate a distinct lack of imagination.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

a neat cape posted:

Drew Lock is garbage

I hope he becomes a cheaper Jared Goff. A wandering Tank Commander.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Chucktesla posted:

Chargers legend Eli Manning

I get that one is a stretch on a technicality, but it really is hard to think of a lot of recent notable QBs (not 1-2 year guys) who remained with their drafted team until retirement.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
you are closer to lord jesus in Denver

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Silly Burrito posted:

Aaron Rodgers
Ben Rothelisberger
Matt Ryan
Tony Romo

Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, all had new teams. Joe Montana, traded. Even Eli Manning was traded technically on draft day.

Peyton and Drew both had huge injury concerns and Brady was 41. Wilson is 33 and healthy and he’s only missed the playoffs twice, including last year when he missed games due to injury.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

I don't really follow the Broncos. How bad is Drew Lock? Any chance it's a question of the Broncos using the wrong scheme for his skillset, something like that?

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Bob Socko posted:

I don't really follow the Broncos. How bad is Drew Lock? Any chance it's a question of the Broncos using the wrong scheme for his skillset, something like that?

He's absolute poo poo.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Forrest on Fire posted:

He's absolute poo poo.

Cool, cool. On a scale from 1 to Geno Smith, where does he rank?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

Aaron Rodgers
Ben Rothelisberger
Matt Ryan
Tony Romo

Andrew Luck!

:smith:

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/jason_otc/status/1501324494786502663?s=21

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/BenStandig/status/1501342833650765828?t=TLxrJoN6LZyvQfX63T5Pqg&s=19

I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if Russ is the one who scuppered this deal

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/spotrac/status/1501294168341200903?t=wc4nQv29KcePkVsl1zLD6g&s=19

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

drew lock has an ace up his sleeve. he's an andey deep down, and he needs to unleash it

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Dandy Lockton

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I think they picked Carroll and Schneider over Wilson and that’s insane.

sticking with schneider is the much more egregious part of it

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
Late to the party but this is really terrible news. Seattle hasn't been able to utilize draft picks well for years.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

razorscooter posted:

sticking with schneider is the much more egregious part of it
How long has he been flailing around without McLoughlin whispering in his ear?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bob Socko posted:

He's got a cannon but the barrel on the thing isn't rifled so who knows where the ball will end up. He's super toolsy, very inaccurate on intermediate routes, and also pretty dumb. He'll probably hit DK Metcalf on some ridiculously amazing looking play at some point if he plays all season but most of the time he'll be throwing it three yards behind someone or throwing it directly to an opposing linebacker.

You can imagine a good quarterback somewhere in there and the Hawks might think they can coach him up (lol), but he just isn't very good unfortunately. Until proven otherwise that is, I get to cheer for him again now that he's gone from Denver. He's gonna take the league by storm I tell you!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Paul Andrew "Drew" Lock is worse than Daniel Jones (Except at fumbling constantly, where Danny Dimes is the best).

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

THIS_IS_FINE posted:

Late to the party but this is really terrible news. Seattle hasn't been able to utilize draft picks well for years.

Rashaad Penny might actually be good! Was a bad use of a first round pick but…

Watch them draft or sign yet another tight end because you can never have too many even if you never throw to them

The Seahawks have a good punter and uhhhhh…

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

shirts and skins posted:

https://twitter.com/BenStandig/status/1501342833650765828?t=TLxrJoN6LZyvQfX63T5Pqg&s=19

If Seattle was adamant about shipping Russ to the AFC no matter what, can't get too mad about the Eagles not getting Russ

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Bob Socko posted:

Likes throwing to dudes but the dudes don’t have to be on his team

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Cat Hassler posted:

He just likes to share. He’s a friendly guy!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

shirts and skins posted:

They should've traded him there. Who cares if he goes to the NFC East.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

russ vetoed the trade to washington

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

mcmagic posted:

They should've traded him there. Who cares if he goes to the NFC East.

We didn't want to shift the near guaranteed trip to the wildcard round and then face planting in the divisional against us.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Idk why y’all are harshing on Pete Carrol. I think he’s a good coach who calls plays that are fun to watch, and goes for it on 4th when lots of lesser, worse coaches wouldn’t. He successfully did a fake punt last year! I’ve never heard anyone complain about him screwing up time management or flubbing time outs like I hear about half the other coaches. Also I appreciate that he always seems to have a sunny, energetic disposition on the sideline, not dispassionate or grouchy like other coaches.

I think if we got rid of Pete, we would likely get a more boring coach.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Cat Hassler posted:

okay i am downgrading the 'farted in vic fangios office' theory and upgrading the 'is super accurate but also colorblind and cannot distinguish between uniforms' theory

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I mean Marv Levy is still proof age ain't everything.

Cavauro posted:

russ vetoed the trade to washington

The Commanders couldn't attract flies.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Play posted:

okay i am downgrading the 'farted in vic fangios office' theory and upgrading the 'is super accurate but also colorblind and cannot distinguish between uniforms' theory

Drew Lock just needs to be in the same system at least 2 years in a row. imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

FAT BATMAN posted:

Idk why y’all are harshing on Pete Carrol. I think he’s a good coach who calls plays that are fun to watch, and goes for it on 4th when lots of lesser, worse coaches wouldn’t. He successfully did a fake punt last year! I’ve never heard anyone complain about him screwing up time management or flubbing time outs like I hear about half the other coaches. Also I appreciate that he always seems to have a sunny, energetic disposition on the sideline, not dispassionate or grouchy like other coaches.

I think if we got rid of Pete, we would likely get a more boring coach.

The Seahawks were literally last in the league in 4th down attempts last year.