Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1501637974928199680

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1501636375493459969

Caron Wentz snap counter continues again

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Kalli posted:

Colts thought they had a roster that just needed a QB and gambled like the Panthers did. They guessed wrong, but they're smartly cutting their losses.

Needling post that I don't even believe: as opposed to say, starting Baker again. :v:

Still laughing at somehow winning a trade by getting 3rds for a 1st. Goons roasted the Panthers for giving up a 2 and then some but the Colts are somehow masterminds.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

hahahaha, Colts are doing the same thing that was done to them.

And poo poo, the Football team is probably dumb enough to fall for it too.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Professor Funk posted:

I bet they trade for Jimmy G or draft Pickett--I saw some Twitter scuttlebutt that they liked him at the Combine (but see disclaimer about Combine rumors above). Or maybe they'll do both.

I kind of enjoy the annual tradition of the Colts scrambling to find a replacement level veteran QB TBQH. Luck --> Brissett --> Rivers --> Wentz --> ?????

I legit forgot Rivers was on the Colts.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah, nobody's saying that the Colts ultimately won anything with the Wentz deal. It's just that they managed to get something back for him at all which is impressive.

I don't think they go after Jimmy G, but really everything is probably on the table as far as QB goes.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
:lol: Washington

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Diva Cupcake posted:

I would legit rather have FitzMagic starting than Carson Wentz.

I was legit a bit worried for the Cowboys that Fitzmagic would have a crazy bounce back from injury season and make Washington a threat for the division.

Now I’m looking forward to Diggs getting a couple hilarious Pick Sixes off Wentz next season while his teammates are shooting death glares from the sidelines and when the Eagles play them they’re all “we told y’all”.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I can't handle all this NFL news please slow your roll on quarterback trades.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Professor Funk posted:

I bet they trade for Jimmy G or draft Pickett--I saw some Twitter scuttlebutt that they liked him at the Combine (but see disclaimer about Combine rumors above). Or maybe they'll do both.

I kind of enjoy the annual tradition of the Colts scrambling to find a replacement level veteran QB TBQH. Luck --> Brissett --> Rivers --> Wentz --> ?????

Don't they lack a first round pick this year, from that exact Wentz trade? Pickett is probably going in the first round, at least it seems that way to me, so either they don't get him or they pay a king's ransom to.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Wait, the Colts gave up a 2nd rounder

:lol:

Oh, it was a swap of 2nds

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Brutal.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

The Glumslinger posted:

Oh, it was a swap of 2nds

They swapped second rounders

Play
Apr 25, 2006

The Glumslinger posted:

Well it was an exchange of second round picks actually, so in essence it was two thirds in consecutive years for Wentz.

Little confusing on that since it's from the same year, I assume somehow the 2nd rounder the Colts gave up is ahead of Washington's? Or was Washington's ahead and that's yet more value for the Colts?

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Washington is absolutely insane lmao

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Washington's second rounder is indeed before the Colts'. So two thirds this year and next, plus jumping up five spots in the second round.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The Colts winning this trade is some serious copium because they're getting dick all back for their 1st. The returns are hilariously bad. Nobody won but the eagles

The Colts won this trade because they somehow got something for Carson Wentz and don’t have to pay him or start him. They lost the Eagles trade but that already happened, it’s a sunk cost.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I don't think teams who usually get good QB play understand how hard it is to get off the treadmill of mediocrity at the position. You miss once or twice and it's like 10 years before you sniff the playoffs again. Or you break the generational QB that you lucked into and then this...
https://twitter.com/dsleon45/status/1501638221561835524

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Colts made a bad gamble but at least managed to salvage their mistake.

Really we should all focus on why Washington decided to go for Carson loving Wentz. That is just loving baffling on so many levels.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Commander Carson

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Tired: Colts are going to sign Handsome Jimmy

Wired: Andrew Luck is coming out of retirement armed with several picks

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Let's not also forget that the Eagles traded a bunch of picks to the Browns to draft Wentz in the first place, so if anything the Browns are the ones winning from all this.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Getting two thirds out of Carson Wentz is an incredible steal on its own, the fact that one of those can become a second is absurd. Lmao Commanders

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Mega64 posted:

Let's not also forget that the Eagles traded a bunch of picks to the Browns to draft Wentz in the first place, so if anything the Browns are the ones winning from all this.

Another victory for analytics

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Trading anything above a 6th rounder for Carson Wentz in 2022 stinks of desperation

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
lol wft

All the joy has been killed in her heart, now only hatred remains.

That's my wife :allears:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Tim Whatley posted:

Tired: Colts are going to sign Handsome Jimmy

Wired: Andrew Luck is coming out of retirement armed with several picks

How much money would the Colts throw at Luck to bulk back up and unretire?

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
INT - COMMANDERS STADIUM - DAY

RON RIVERA sits at his desk and looks concerned as he scrolls on his phone. Onscreen we see headlines: RODGERS STAYS WITH PACKERS, WILSON TO BRONCOS.

The phone RINGS and Ron Rivera is so startled he almost drops it.

On the screen it says DAN S. CALLING.

A solitary drop of sweat runs down Ron Rivera’s forehead as he stares at the screen, finger hovering over green phone icon. The phone continues to ring.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Silly Burrito posted:

How much money would the Colts throw at Luck to bulk back up and unretire?

Well they're about to have $71mil in cap space, so....

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Fire Safety Doug posted:

INT - COMMANDERS STADIUM - DAY

RON RIVERA sits at his desk and looks concerned as he scrolls on his phone. Onscreen we see headlines: RODGERS STAYS WITH PACKERS, WILSON TO BRONCOS.

The phone RINGS and Ron Rivera is so startled he almost drops it.

On the screen it says DAN S. CALLING.

A solitary drop of sweat runs down Ron Rivera’s forehead as he stares at the screen, finger hovering over green phone icon. The phone continues to ring.

“Good news, I got you a Super Bowl winning quarterback!”

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Diva Cupcake posted:

I don't think teams who usually get good QB play understand how hard it is to get off the treadmill of mediocrity at the position. You miss once or twice and it's like 10 years before you sniff the playoffs again. Or you break the generational QB that you lucked into and then this...
https://twitter.com/dsleon45/status/1501638221561835524

A small, but not insignificant, chunk of Seahawks redditors are completely fine with trading Russ because the team can “just get another franchise qb this draft”.

Bing bong so simple

Fan bases get warped perspectives when they only follow their team.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Love wentz going to an immune compromised head coach.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Ornery and Hornery posted:

A small, but not insignificant, chunk of Seahawks redditors are completely fine with trading Russ because the team can “just get another franchise qb this draft”.

Bing bong so simple

Fan bases get warped perspectives when they only follow their team.

It's a minority but I don't think it is small. Lots of people saying "Thank god we don't need to watch Russ hold the ball for too long anymore!" not realizing that they will be watching regular interceptions instead.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

Love wentz going to an immune compromised head coach.

Washington is already one of the least vaxxed teams. Nobody would've blamed Rivera for walking out to begin with

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'm genuinely curious how much influence Rivera had in this trade for Wentz.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Cowherd on the radio for the last hour harping that Wentz is a franchise QB and Washington made a good trade :laffo: the dude just won’t admit he was wrong on the guy.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
What a disaster for the colts in literally every aspect.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Not really?

The initial trade was a disaster but after that it went about as well as you could hope

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

mcmagic posted:

What a disaster for the colts in literally every aspect.

No, if they cut him and got nothing that's a disaster. Getting someone to take his entire salary and give them picks is an okay salvage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Codependent Poster posted:

No, if they cut him and got nothing that's a disaster. Getting someone to take his entire salary and give them picks is an okay salvage.

You're right I misread the original tweet but they did end up giving up a first for him and getting rewarded with one of the worst collapses ever. I guess 2 3s is something and they did clear his dollars.