Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

ronya posted:

https://twitter.com/shashj/status/1501860500224847873

That message makes sense to Indian audiences, has to be said

Much of the non-West world is baffled that Europe does not consider Ukraine as a skirmish outside Europe but instead seems to feel that Ukrainians are integrally Europeans and that Russia is attacking Europe (and therefore that France and Germany are not champing at the bit to mark their independence from Anglo-American policy)

In early Feb it would have been plausible in Beijing to forecast that a quick Ukraine annexation would give China a chance to peel France and Germany out of the US-led sphere and into a Russia-dominated European one

I agree, and am increasingly convinced that Russia was operating on the assumption (maybe even actively counting on) that France and Germany would intervene during the run-up to the invasion and force Ukraine into accepting a pro-Russian settlement, in a glorious triumph of EU diplomacy that drives another wedge between them and the perfidious Angloids.

Germany because of gas dependency, pacifism, 'Russia-understanding', and a desire to demonstrate an EU-led response given damage done by Trump and Brexit.

France because of desire to see France as a renewed great power leading a European response, plus Macron egotistically wanting to be seen as a great statesman who led France in preventing a war (with upcoming Presidential elections in mind).

I also pick up on the same confusion from external commentators about EU/US ties. There really does seem to be an assumption amongst many Indian and Chinese foreign policy commentators that France/Germany (and so by extension the EU) naturally 'belong' with Russia and should be aligned with them - especially with respect to security relationships (almost hinting at times that Russia should be their security guarantor) - against the Angloid menace.

Whilst there are obviously a heck of a lot transatlantic tensions (Trump, Iraq, Afghanistan, the list goes on and on) I find it hard to understand why they feel this way, as it seems to me that EU countries have very strong alignment of underlying interests and values (commitment to Western 'rules-based' order, maintaining stability of overseas trade lanes, benefits of NATO standardisation, Western identities/culture, democracy, human rights/LBTQ+, etc) versus the increasing divergence of interests/values with rsepect to Russia.

Really feels like there is some wishful thinking going on. I guess that's not uncommon from Western commentators either though. Plenty of trash wishful thinking articles about India/China etc that completely ignore local context/perspectives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

CeeJee posted:

This bit from Alexander Nevzorov a year ago is eerily prescient, the image of someone pretending to be a piano virtuoso and everyone buying into it until an actual piano is put under his fingers is striking.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/taood7/uncanny_predictions_of_ukraines_war_from_april/
This was a truly great watch.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Possibly, but that just looks like someone did a google maps search for "apartments crimea" and posted the results.

Just checked https://kvadom.com/en/apartments-for-sale-republic-of-crimea and they had 588 results. Basically could of stuck a pin anywhere in the map would of found something for sale apparently. But yeah unless the FSB use Linkedin, and that includes home addresses seems like it's impossible for anyone to check. The fact that, that map doesn't even show everything for sale, and doesn't really back up what she's saying anyway, makes it seem very suss.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

ronya posted:

ik edit: :nws: drone bombing tank convoy
https://twitter.com/DAlperovitch/status/1501836288319762436

Appears to be right here: 50.58503875014653, 30.83814169749679

A whole convoy of tanks just rolling up into a suburban village. The first few get blown up and the rest have to backtrack

Looking at the map, one doubts that the Russians are patrolling every suburb they're passing by either - there's a lot of neighbourhoods ~500m off the main highway

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:lmao: just some tanks on a trip, until suddenly explosions

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Chalks posted:

Yeah, it's the point where he goes from talking about the current situation to making wild predictions about what the consequences will be where it goes a bit wild. He clearly had an extremely good idea about the state of the Russian military and their approach to this war.

His description of the current situation was considered a wild prediction back in April 2021. Most people assumed Putin was just grandstanding and blustering, for annexation of Donetsk and Luhansk and international appeasement, but ultimately unwilling to destroy the status quo.

All bets are off now, there's too many variables in play. Unfortunately we are living in interesting times.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

A tale of two post-meeting press conferences

Thread for Russian Foreign Minister
https://twitter.com/EvaHartog/status/1501863499546382340?t=bMyhwm6MbBtQM0VbXnMEfA&s=19
Thread for Ukrainian Foreign Minister
https://twitter.com/ChristopherJM/status/1501861898953891840?t=fZ7UYYt_lFT5SRkMvTvmHQ&s=19

Seems to be consensus among the media that Lavrov never had any power to make agreements during this meeting.

Meanwhile France and Germany still trying with Putin
https://twitter.com/PedderSophie/status/1501881974285295621?t=EDUfs65ptMu8E680w9fj6g&s=19
Fruitlessly

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat

dr_rat posted:

Just checked https://kvadom.com/en/apartments-for-sale-republic-of-crimea and they had 588 results. Basically could of stuck a pin anywhere in the map would of found something for sale apparently. But yeah unless the FSB use Linkedin, and that includes home addresses seems like it's impossible for anyone to check. The fact that, that map doesn't even show everything for sale, and doesn't really back up what she's saying anyway, makes it seem very suss.

I'm reasonably sure I saw the same exact map in an Ukrainian tweet yesterday, which did not make the FSB claim, but, instead, referred to Russians as goats (which is why I remember the tweet in the first place).

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

I wonder if Putin interprets these calls as signs he's moments from total victory. Like, "They're asking for peace! We're winning! Push on!".

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Tigey posted:

Really feels like there is some wishful thinking going on. I guess that's not uncommon from Western commentators either though. Plenty of trash wishful thinking articles about India/China etc that completely ignore local context/perspectives.

Yeah, I suspect like there's a fundamental split that Ukraine is on one side of, and Russia is on the other, that's very obvious to Americans and Europeans but not obvious at all to Russia.

One theory is that it's racial (Putin sees Ukrainians as a minority; Europe sees them as just more white people), another is that it's economic (the Ukrainian economy has been really strongly integrated with the west over the past decade), other theories too.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Xarn posted:

:lmao: just some tanks on a trip, until suddenly explosions

How can you line up like this in a war zone? It's like shooting fish in a barrel. Insane incompetence.

There's a translation of a communication intercept here. The regiment's commanding officer was taken out, but there's still no excuse for that dreadful performance.

:nms: :siren: Tanks exploding
https://mobile.twitter.com/DAlperovitch/status/1501836288319762436

Charlz Guybon fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Mar 10, 2022

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

Such a tragedy that the Belarussian coup happened. Outside of the tragedy of a regime change for the sake of Belarus itself, If Lukashenko had not been in power, Russia would've had to invade Belarus first, or invade on a much narrower front, without the ability to flank Kyiv. Another lesson from this invasion should be that simply shrugging off coups and the establishment of vassal states, is not a good idea. I really hope Belarus gets out of this as an independent nation somehow.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Tigey posted:

I agree, and am increasingly convinced that Russia was operating on the assumption (maybe even actively counting on) that France and Germany would intervene during the run-up to the invasion and force Ukraine into accepting a pro-Russian settlement, in a glorious triumph of EU diplomacy that drives another wedge between them and the perfidious Angloids.

Germany because of gas dependency, pacifism, 'Russia-understanding', and a desire to demonstrate an EU-led response given damage done by Trump and Brexit.

France because of desire to see France as a renewed great power leading a European response, plus Macron egotistically wanting to be seen as a great statesman who led France in preventing a war (with upcoming Presidential elections in mind).

I also pick up on the same confusion from external commentators about EU/US ties. There really does seem to be an assumption amongst many Indian and Chinese foreign policy commentators that France/Germany (and so by extension the EU) naturally 'belong' with Russia and should be aligned with them - especially with respect to security relationships (almost hinting at times that Russia should be their security guarantor) - against the Angloid menace.

Whilst there are obviously a heck of a lot transatlantic tensions (Trump, Iraq, Afghanistan, the list goes on and on) I find it hard to understand why they feel this way, as it seems to me that EU countries have very strong alignment of underlying interests and values (commitment to Western 'rules-based' order, maintaining stability of overseas trade lanes, benefits of NATO standardisation, Western identities/culture, democracy, human rights/LBTQ+, etc) versus the increasing divergence of interests/values with rsepect to Russia.

The idea that Germany and France should be in some kind of 19th century Russian imperial sphere is absolutely hilarious and demonstrates a total lack of understanding of modern European realities. France and Germany together have the same population as Russia, but also much larger economies, functioning and stable states, functioning, healthy and stable societies, etc. Might as well talk about Nigerian or Indonesian hegemony over Japan or something. Completely decoupled from reality.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
It is funny to see Eastern media and commentators think language trumps values. I have no doubt as soon as they saw the west rally together the way they did, they all poo poo their pants. Taiwan certainly can sleep a little easier.

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

GABA ghoul posted:

The idea that Germany and France should be in some kind of 19th century Russian imperial sphere is absolutely hilarious and demonstrates a total lack of understanding of modern European realities. France and Germany together have the same population as Russia, but also much larger economies, functioning and stable states, functioning, healthy and stable societies, etc. Might as well talk about Nigerian or Indonesian hegemony over Japan or something. Completely decoupled from reality.

Indeed - and the combined population and economy of the EU/EEC makes the idea even more absurd. Benelux, Scandinavia, Southern Europe, etc. - these combined have larger economies than Russia. The former Warsaw Pact members now in EU/EEC are likely a combined greater force than Russia on their own.

The Kremlin elite is really living in a weird revanchist place of magical thinking. Dugin's book talks about Russia needing to dismantle China (!) and annex Tibet plus Mongolia. That's a completely bizarre notion. It would be like Quebec planning to dismantle the US.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

I wonder what the gently caress do you even talk about at these summits. After asking for your conditions and getting told to bugger off, what is there to do?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Xerxes17 posted:

I wonder what the gently caress do you even talk about at these summits. After asking for your conditions and getting told to bugger off, what is there to do?

Well, the Ukranians kinda have to show up to them, but it seems Lavrov is just pushing the usual surrender line. Seems they wanted to talk about humanitarian things and Lavrov was just on his usual poo poo.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Captain Kosmos posted:

They are still moving around like they are in a parade or some poo poo. If Ukrainians had artillery available and the tanks haven't been in the middle of the town they would have completely destroyed that convoy. Just incredible

Narrator alleges that the the albums had UA tanks, artillery, and drones all firing at them. Not entirely clear where that happened going by the video, though.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

Panzeh posted:

Well, the Ukranians kinda have to show up to them, but it seems Lavrov is just pushing the usual surrender line. Seems they wanted to talk about humanitarian things and Lavrov was just on his usual poo poo.

Sure I can understand showing up, but after sitting down and asking "Are you willing to stop this madness yet?" and getting told no, what can you possibly talk about? As you say the Ukrainians were talking about humanitarian things, but I'm just picturing them having two parallel conversations because the Russian contingent is in fantasy land.

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

ronya posted:

ik edit: :nws: drone bombing tank convoy
https://twitter.com/DAlperovitch/status/1501836288319762436

Appears to be right here: 50.58503875014653, 30.83814169749679

A whole convoy of tanks just rolling up into a suburban village. The first few get blown up and the rest have to backtrack

Looking at the map, one doubts that the Russians are patrolling every suburb they're passing by either - there's a lot of neighbourhoods ~500m off the main highway

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The thing that sticks out to me at 0:22 was the very obvious TOS-1 there. I'm surprised that wasn't Target number one for a TB-2 or something, even if they waited for it to drive out of the civvie area first.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

GABA ghoul posted:

That, and the Franco-German alliance would quite prefer to have its own power bloc. Neither nation is particularly shy about that.

I guess from an outsider's perspective it's hard to see how much EU countries have been using the EU as a vehicle to creep their influence around the world, since it's much more subtle. There aren't Eurofighters bombing the middle east every day, but if Germany pulls out of a country factories slowly stop working…

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Xerxes17 posted:

Sure I can understand showing up, but after sitting down and asking "Are you willing to stop this madness yet?" and getting told no, what can you possibly talk about? As you say the Ukrainians were talking about humanitarian things, but I'm just picturing them having two parallel conversations because the Russian contingent is in fantasy land.

The negotiations aren't the point of this conference - its all theatre at this stage. As you say, no negotiating is going on, its just publically restating positions.

Visibly having a conference is the point of the conference. Both sides want to show they are interested in a peaceful resolution and are totally reasonable.

Being unwilling to meet/discuss makes you look bad/unreasonable, and taking part in farcical meetings is a very low cost to pay to mitigate it (compared to say, not shelling kindergartens and hospitals).

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Big kaboom in Kyiv oblast
https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1501880218348404744?t=shRWlPvlwIvc8dVhVycsrg&s=19
Not sure what it was yet, though there is footage of a Bayraktar blowing up an antiair SAM launcher, or could have been one of the TOS systems

Also reportedly Ukraine destroyed an Iskanser launcher
https://twitter.com/sumlenny/status/1501881432179945475?t=xG0GHIiinjxvgE61m0zGqg&s=19
Good.

Edited for accuracy

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

evilweasel posted:

Stalin managed to fix it. But he also had a war to keep the competent generals busy and then quickly exiled them when the war was over.
This is worth highlighting. After the summer of 1941 Stalin listened to his generals and started letting them run the operational aspects of the war. He kept very close eye on things--STAVKA was basically down the hall from him the entire war--but he mostly contented himself with firing generals who weren't winning, and promoting those who were. Putin could yet do the same, and then we may see better Russian operational performance.

unknown posted:

Canadian military is known as the logistics experts in the world and is in high demand because of it.
I didn't realize that was a particular expertise of Canada's military, but it makes sense. Thanks for sharing that!

Gort posted:

Presumably a bunch of Javelin users get shot, hit by artillery, air strikes and so on.

85% of missiles fired might be kills, but I bet a bunch of Javelins get lost before getting to the point of firing.
Ukraine has more infantry than they have Javelin launchers, so someone else in the squad has a decent chance at grabbing the launcher for another fight. Do some get damaged or destroyed? Of course. The overall point remains, though: Russia is losing heavy armor so fast that if this goes on for another few weeks, they won't have any combat-effective armored formations at the operational level. That doesn't stop Russia by any means--artillery can do a lot of heavy lifting--but it takes a lot of options off the table for Russian commanders.

As a former tanker/cav guy, that Twitter post purporting to show the Russian 6th Tank Regiment getting ambushed is just depressing. They're all clustered up, no infantry out, heck, even turrets aren't looking in different directions to pull security. It's just loving amateur hour. I'm glad for :ukraine: sake, of course. But seriously: gently caress Putin for sending a bunch of untrained kids to their deaths for no good reason.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Ynglaur posted:

This is worth highlighting. After the summer of 1941 Stalin listened to his generals and started letting them run the operational aspects of the war. He kept very close eye on things--STAVKA was basically down the hall from him the entire war--but he mostly contented himself with firing generals who weren't winning, and promoting those who were. Putin could yet do the same, and then we may see better Russian operational performance.

It was more like "late autumn 1942". Up until Operation Uranus it was pretty common for Stalin to say "we need to strike NOW", STAVKA would look at the maps, say that units that were ment to be used in the attack are not completely deployed or organized yet, and would get "Red Army officers are cowards, and that's why foreign occupiers are still in our land, attack now". And that's how you end up with 4 Kotluban offensives...

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

PederP posted:

Indeed - and the combined population and economy of the EU/EEC makes the idea even more absurd. Benelux, Scandinavia, Southern Europe, etc. - these combined have larger economies than Russia. The former Warsaw Pact members now in EU/EEC are likely a combined greater force than Russia on their own.

The Kremlin elite is really living in a weird revanchist place of magical thinking. Dugin's book talks about Russia needing to dismantle China (!) and annex Tibet plus Mongolia. That's a completely bizarre notion. It would be like Quebec planning to dismantle the US.

A lot of it seems to just generally come down to classic magical thinking about ‘Will’ and ‘national ethnic superiority’ when you dig into it.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

GABA ghoul posted:

I don't think Putin has this idea. From reading about the issue, Putin views the West as Russia's rival and that rivalry as the natural state of the world. While he rejects communism, he was personally very wounded by the end of the Cold War and what it meant for the Russian state (vassalage to the West). To Putin, the EU/NATO is just an extension of American hegemony. He can't accept a world where Russia doesn't have a buffer of puppet states with increasingly imaginary cultural ties to Russia.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

CeeJee posted:

This bit from Alexander Nevzorov a year ago is eerily prescient, the image of someone pretending to be a piano virtuoso and everyone buying into it until an actual piano is put under his fingers is striking.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/taood7/uncanny_predictions_of_ukraines_war_from_april/

I like Nevzorov, he has a sharp mind and sharp tongue. I am also biased because ever since 2020 he ended his every radio speech with Жыве Беларусь

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Sodomy Hussein posted:

I don't think Putin has this idea. From reading about the issue, Putin views the West as Russia's rival and that rivalry as the natural state of the world. While he rejects communism, he was personally very wounded by the end of the Cold War and what it meant for the Russian state (vassalage to the West). To Putin, the EU/NATO is just an extension of American hegemony. He can't accept a world where Russia doesn't have a buffer of puppet states with increasingly imaginary cultural ties to Russia.

They are talking about Asian pundits.

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

Ynglaur posted:

Putin could yet do the same, and then we may see better Russian operational performance.

Does this matter if the idiots in charge before you have spunked all the good gear and trained men up the wall and now your economy is in the shitter and you aren't getting any more fancy tanks?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

gay picnic defence posted:

What the gently caress do they expect to gain from dribbling so much bullshit? Do they even believe it themselves?

They are going the Ribbentrop/Goebbels propaganda route.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
I remember that Z on every vehicle from a comic strip from In 1961.
a mad professor who claims ownership of all the planets in the solar system.
To realize his plans, he has invented a ray that hypnotizes everyone.

At the end, he launches a whole battery of rockets to the moon to draw a Z on the moon or something. But it goes wrong and writes coca cola.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

evilweasel posted:

Stalin managed to fix it. But he also had a war to keep the competent generals busy and then quickly exiled them when the war was over.

The difference here may be one of time. How long did it take Stalin to turn the war around?

How long does Putin have at this rate to turn this war around, before he runs out of army to be turned around, or his nation gets absolutely paralyzed by sanctions? A month? Two at the outside?

There's no lend-lease coming to give Putin the time and materiel he needs to turn this poo poo around.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Somaen posted:

https://twitter.com/antontroian/status/1501864565868535815

*In idiot american politics opinions guy voice*: ukrainians should negotiate with these good faith folks who just have some security concerns about NATO on their borders and surrender since the west isn't going to do anything

Saying "we won't attack other countries, and we didn't attack Ukraine" is kind of ballsy double speak. I think I would have followed up with, "do you plan on not attacking other countries in same way you didn't attack Ukraine?"

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

ZombieLenin posted:

Saying "we won't attack other countries, and we didn't attack Ukraine" is kind of ballsy double speak. I think I would have followed up with, "do you plan on not attacking other countries in same way you didn't attack Ukraine?"

Its even funnier as he is saying that to the country selling Ukraine the UAVs currently wiping out their armor.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Interesting choice of number for country definitely not joining NATO, to avoid disturbing the “fragile situation”.

https://twitter.com/nicrolander/status/1501851109861826562

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

The difference here may be one of time. How long did it take Stalin to turn the war around?

How long does Putin have at this rate to turn this war around, before he runs out of army to be turned around, or his nation gets absolutely paralyzed by sanctions? A month? Two at the outside?

There's no lend-lease coming to give Putin the time and materiel he needs to turn this poo poo around.

Putin has vast quantities of equipment. What condition it’s in or if it can even be moved to the front in a reasonable time frame are different questions.

He doesn’t need lend lease. He needs train tables and maintenance crews.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

mrfart posted:

I remember that Z on every vehicle from a comic strip from In 1961.
a mad professor who claims ownership of all the planets in the solar system.
To realize his plans, he has invented a ray that hypnotizes everyone.

At the end, he launches a whole battery of rockets to the moon to draw a Z on the moon or something. But it goes wrong and writes coca cola.

This comic ruled. Favorite episodes was always those with Zafir... apparently Zorglub in english and french too. I remember it as the plan was to write coca cola on the moon though, but since his henchmen write and talk backwards the coca cola logo was mirrored or something.

edit:

His Divine Shadow fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Mar 10, 2022

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/vesti_news/status/1501839572455641090

:laffo: Russian propaganda is going for “bat coronavirus” experiments set up by America in Ukraine.

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

Looking a bit at social media in Kazakhstan, they're (in a positive way) surprisingly pro-Ukraine. I think that this invasion dragging on and the war crimes piling up, isn't just hurting the Russian economy, military and ability to even co-exist peacefully with Ukraine and western neighbors - it's also turning public opinion against them across Central Asia. The sanctions are also sending waves of economic refugees from Russia into Kazakhstan, and I imagine the government there is working 24/7 on figuring out how to avoid Russia trying to use them as an economic proxy towards the West (as this was cause sanctions to hit them as well), while also making the most of the current situation.

While China is obviously poised to profit from Russian economic ties/dependency, Kazakhstan is also uniquely positioning to gain from this. And I'm pretty sure they do not want the Russians to just annex them once they're either booted from Ukraine or manage to annex the ashes. So the clock Putin is on, isn't just about the internal economy and the invasion becoming unsustainable to supply/reinforce, it's also about not pushing away the Central Asian republics. They were pretty ok with being in the Russian sphere of influence through military and economic dependence, but they quite likely did not expect their patron to turn from Kleptocracy into Fascism. Being a Fascist satellite is a very different thing than being a junior partner to Oligarch Russia. At some point Kazakhstan (and others) will start seeking assurances elsewhere if this goes on. Especially if Russia looks to come out of this with a completely demolish military, but with the imperial ambitions intact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

cinci zoo sniper posted:

https://twitter.com/vesti_news/status/1501839572455641090

:laffo: Russian propaganda is going for “bat coronavirus” experiments set up by America in Ukraine.

I think the lies are bad on purpose as a kind of bullying tactic. Like reality is what they say it is, no matter how stupid, and also gently caress you.