Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I honestly didn't want them to be running it when I found out people brought their children and they were getting kicked in the face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Orange Carlisle posted:

so aew didn't want him, he's making that obvious lol

At the start of the pandemic, he openly shat on Evil Uno for telling fans to support indie workers who couldn't work because of there being no shows, so of course he isn't going to be welcomed into AEW.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
All these guys have the energy of a teenager who decides he doesn't believe in God but is too scared to tell his parents he doesn't want to go to church anymore

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
At first I thought it was smart when Adam Scherr was charging such a big appearance fee, but it's clear now that he vastly overestimated the appetite there was for him on the indies. Braun Strowman seemed like a big star to me when he was fired, but it's clear his value did not carry outside the WWE.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

children were getting kicked in the face.

"we actually fight"

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Benne posted:

All these guys have the energy of a teenager who decides he doesn't believe in God but is too scared to tell his parents he doesn't want to go to church anymore

sounds like somebody is in the spicy pockets of Big Seasoning

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

so called nobodys

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Have they said who's on the card for the 31st? I remember seeing some rumor that Cardona was on the card, I think Broski will wrestle anywhere for a check, but I can't find any details about the card and it's probably fake. Since I'm only seeing Adam Scherr, EC3, and Killer Kross on the card so far, I'm just imagining it's going to be Alphacon Dallas where they tell the attendees that chairs are for beta cucks to sit in while they watch their wives get banged by alphas. Men who control their narratives stand tall and pay $25 for the honor.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Lumbermouth posted:

This is twice as funny knowing that it’s MLW big leaguing them.

oh my god this is beautiful lol

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The play fighting stuff is especially funny given it's a guy who was getting slimed with Nickelodeon Gak by Shane McMahon last year and has spent most of his career in goofy swamp child tag champ choo choo train territory

Also shows that being a featured attraction in WWE and winning at multiple Wrestlemanias means absolutely nothing for being able to draw as an independent wrestler if you have no actual fanbase.

The only one of the three that has ever been entertaining is ECIII and only as Derrick Bateman. lol that Scarlett Bordeaux is staying far away from being associated with this even with Kross in it

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Allowing yourself to be big timed by MLW indicates you can't even tweak the narrative much less control it

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I've heard the Koch brothers are the money marks for CYN

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Malcolm Excellent posted:

That money didn't stretch far after one Koch died

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Wyatt Koch hasn't had the best taste so I buy it

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

I just remembered that Braun once tagged WITH A CHILD!

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
It’s important to control your narrative whether you’re in the boardroom or the discotheque

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
strowman’s career is pretty sad. In a competently booked WWE he would probably have a job for life.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

This went from entertainingly insane to just the regular kind of right-wing grifter insane pretty quickly.

Double lol at Strowman very carefully avoiding criticizing WWE, though. Gotta keep that Rumble nostalgia spot dream alive.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

Have they said who's on the card for the 31st? I remember seeing some rumor that Cardona was on the card, I think Broski will wrestle anywhere for a check, but I can't find any details about the card and it's probably fake. Since I'm only seeing Adam Scherr, EC3, and Killer Kross on the card so far, I'm just imagining it's going to be Alphacon Dallas where they tell the attendees that chairs are for beta cucks to sit in while they watch their wives get banged by alphas. Men who control their narratives stand tall and pay $25 for the honor.

Cardona did the first version of whatever this is so he’s not averse to working with EC3 at least.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Manwithastick posted:

I just remembered that Braun once tagged WITH A CHILD!

they shoulda done that poo poo over summer vacation so nicholas could've enjoyed a reign of a few months

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

DarkstarIV posted:

( unless you wanna watch a bunch or dorks choreograph dance with each other for no reason at all cause we don’t do that garbage in the Narrative cause we actually fight)
Wow, Braun taking shots at Natural Vibes for no reason.

projecthalaxy posted:

Allowing yourself to be big timed by MLW indicates you can't even tweak the narrative much less control it
Is CYN's big sponsorship investment a local personal injury lawyer? Yeah, didn't think so. :smuggo:

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Broman used to be on World's Strongest Man, which is pretty cool. I might be thinking of The Mountain from Game of Thrones

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Braun's just doing all he can to delay the next phase of his life, which is consistently getting thrown out at first in whatever rec softball league his dad runs

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Trying posted:

Broman used to be on World's Strongest Man, which is pretty cool. I might be thinking of The Mountain from Game of Thrones

I think both have been in them.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

El Generico posted:

At first I thought it was smart when Adam Scherr was charging such a big appearance fee, but it's clear now that he vastly overestimated the appetite there was for him on the indies. Braun Strowman seemed like a big star to me when he was fired, but it's clear his value did not carry outside the WWE.

This was clear the moment he was released when immediate emotional reaction was he'd be an ok pick up for Impact. That was the ceiling we had for him.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I wouldn't have minded Braun on Dark teaming with Ryzin

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i can't find a source on this but i am 100% believing it. if it's fake don't tell me

quote:

Braun Strowman was really close to signing with Impact, to the point that he had been sent a contract. It looked like a done deal until he demanded creative control over his booking to be added to the contract, and when negotiating this with Anthem, revealed that he wanted the Impact title in his debut match, or he wouldn't sign. He also had a list of people he would not lose to, including people like Kenny Omega who were long no longer part of the company, as well as Moose, Josh Alexander, Christian Cage, or ANYONE formerly employed by WWE. Impact wouldn't give him this, and the offer was rescinded. He is making much much less in CYN, but wants to continue his mainstream acting career also (he was in one movie).

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The Freight Train doesn't lay down for any of those vanilla cabooses, brother

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Braun tried to big league Impact and then joined a company that got big leagued by MLW. :laugh:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

every part of that is believable, strowman has taken too many punches from brock in the head and now thinks his wwe character is real

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Orange Carlisle posted:

every part of that is believable, strowman has taken too many punches from brock in the head and now thinks his wwe character is real

He also only ever existed in WWE and was treated as a big deal basically the entire time he was there so he's got a big head because of that, too. Just an overall dope!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Ganso Bomb posted:

He also only ever existed in WWE and was treated as a big deal basically the entire time he was there so he's got a big head because of that, too. Just an overall dope!

Everyone figured out the Braun matches were mostly smoke and mirrors too.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

zetamind2000 posted:

The Freight Train doesn't lay down for any of those vanilla cabooses, brother

https://i.imgur.com/oOXGQpg.mp4
sound on

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Not to say Braun isn't insane but Moose was probably the only item they wouldn't sign off on considering the state of things.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
hosed up that WWE never did The Freight Train vs A-Train with Diesel as guest ref

bartok
May 10, 2006

Braun would have been okay in the same position as Big Cass on Impact.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Big Seasoning has revealed itself

https://beardedbutchers.com/products/bearded-butcher-brock-lesnar-blend-seasoning

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

SHEEEEEEEEEEET I thought that was Mark Briscoe for a second

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/RobSimmons717/status/1504127994914344965

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
If I do a #superkick will I be DQ'ed? Even if I'M IN CONTROL? Or does that only apply to a "match"