Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I beat Legendary Campaign at launch with Warlock and found the challenge really rewarding. Playing through again on my hunter and having 5 different methods of triggering 5-7 seconds of invisibility is ABSOLUTELY FUCKIN NUTS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Finally

https://twitter.com/bungie/status/1502083466464276480?s=21

Emblem code is JVG-VNT-GGG

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Deeturbomber posted:

300 guardians for SUROS Regime.

That's one of the ones stuck deeply in my craw.

EDIT: Also, every seasonal exotic catalyst in Shadowkeep and beyond required the 50 kills in crucible to complete.

Not to pick nits but SUROS Regime is a crucible gun with crucible perks and a catalyst unlocked from crucible so it's why I chose my words the way I did.
DEFINITELY skip this one if you don't plan to play much Crucible

You're right though, starting with the 3rd season of Shadowkeep they added a requirement for guardian kills for each and every catalyst. Some have been 100 kills instead of 50 (Tommy's!), some have counted teammate's kills even if you didn't have the gun equipped (Duality!), but the goal is the same - don't you dare skip even one single season or you'll be grinding these out at 1/4 speed

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Oh poo poo, buried in the TWAB a new crucible map coming?

Anyone thought of any good namechanges? So far all i've got is Non-Fungible Taken but I'm sure there are better ones.

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Not to pick nits but SUROS Regime is a crucible gun with crucible perks and a catalyst unlocked from crucible so it's why I chose my words the way I did.

I disagree wholeheartedly since the whole reason I want it is the health bump you get when you kill an enemy. Making that chance go up is absolutely something useful for PvE.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

ticuu's is an extremely viable pick for high-end pve content, especially last season with overload bow and a lot of nightfalls with squirrely champions

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Deeturbomber posted:

I disagree wholeheartedly since the whole reason I want it is the health bump you get when you kill an enemy. Making that chance go up is absolutely something useful for PvE.

I have nothing to offer than my condolences. By design, if you want all the loot, you have to play all the modes. It's a rough hand to be dealt when you only want to play some of the content but get all of the loot :smith:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
If you're looking for something that can stun overloads (auto/smg) and heal you, here's the list of non-sunset auto/SMGs with Unrelenting which will give you the Suros Experience in legendary flavor

I might be wrong about some of the details here but figured it might be a helpful starting point

EDIT whoopsy my image got cut off

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Look I truly understand feeling hopeless in PvP and I’m here as someone with a .54 seasonal KDA who has both gone Flawless in trials and finished all these PvP catalysts.

Here are some tips:
    Keep your cursor at player head height, newbs tend to look at the horizon line or the ground when running and you waste precious seconds lining up on 2-axis instead of one

Mess with your settings! You’ll be fuckin FLOORED by what fiddling with settings can do for your ability to click heads!

A trade is GOOD! if you suck at PvP count trading as a win, the more you successfully trade the sooner you’ll develop the reaction speed and timing to not die.

Pick your PvP mode that is optimal for the specific weapon. Every mode is good for different catalysts.

Warm up and settle on a fully optimized loadout for the maps you’ll be on that highlight the weapon you’re using

Don’t focus on individual kill counts or number of games. Just pick a weekend to be your “I’m getting my Ticuu’s catalyst this weekend” and set that as your goal and eventually you will get there.

You’re more than welcome to dispute these methods or claim they won’t work for you, but you can look up my absolutely dogshit PvP stats for yourself and compare them to your own.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Mar 11, 2022

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

My 2c on this iteration of this discussion is that, many of the asks from PvE players that don't wanna grind catalysts in PvP are totally reasonable. I'm saying this as someone who plays & enjoys PvE and PvP and raiding and pretty much everything but Gambit. The catalyst grinds are just homework, and it just doesn't feel like the game is diminished by losing more homework.

The other thing though, is that there's gotta be better ways to make PvP attractive or fun for more people. I think the main thing that non-PvPers dislike is how disorienting and fast-paced play can be, like you're standing there and then bam you're dead from a shotgun blast from a dude who just peeked around a corner for an instant. Like, how about a game mode where players have significantly more HP and the speed is tuned down to a slower-but-not-sluggish pace? I mean stuff like ADS speed, projectiles, rate of fire. Whether or not a player like myself would prefer that mode isn't important, and I doubt it would impact the amount of people playing other PvP modes in the long run.

edit: I bet you could double catalyst completion in this mode and make a ton of people happy and STILL most PvP-heavy players would choose to complete the catalysts in the normal modes, I feel this strongly

Roctavian fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Mar 11, 2022

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Oh poo poo, buried in the TWAB a new crucible map coming?

Anyone thought of any good namechanges? So far all i've got is Non-Fungible Taken but I'm sure there are better ones.

Shotgun Ape Yacht Club

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Deeturbomber posted:

300 guardians for SUROS Regime.

That's one of the ones stuck deeply in my craw.

EDIT: Also, every seasonal exotic catalyst in Shadowkeep and beyond required the 50 kills in crucible to complete.

MIDA was 200 guardian headshots. Which apparently wasn't awful in the past with some of the old PvP maps with big sniper lanes... but it's definitely nightmarish in Beyond Light and later, where all the remaining maps are tiny little meetup areas for members of the Shotgun Ape Yacht Club.

I ground it out in MoCo on a particularly rainy weekend, and then drank until I had forgotten most of the process.

e: holy loving poo poo great minds think alike ^^^^^^

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Exotic catalysts are indeed dumb. The catalysts for Year 1 exotics were just to bring them to a modern level of power, but Year 2+ catalysts basically give you the Beta version of the gun and then require a longass quest & grind to unlock the Real version
I remember some devs saying they didn't like exotic catalysts because it required them to design two guns instead of one, but that interview was a while ago and they keep on doing it anyway.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Master Obscura Vox or w/e the mission name is an absolute pain in the dick and is peak unfun difficulty. Glad I'll never have to do it again.

It's a shame cause I kinda liked Master Presage.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Oxyclean posted:

Master Obscura Vox or w/e the mission name is an absolute pain in the dick and is peak unfun difficulty. Glad I'll never have to do it again.

It's a shame cause I kinda liked Master Presage.

once we're at level it'll be fine probably

like I was feeling down on regular Vox but once I hiut 1550 and was on par I can now solo it easily

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I just got my Glave, and I am wondering how to use it with my current build? I am a Melee Centric Void Titan with Bastion and Offensive Bulwark equipped, with the Echo of Provision, Echo of Exchange, and Echo of Leeching fragments. Are the Glave melee attacks affected by the Melee buffs/effects? I want to use my Shield Bash but otherwise I am wondering if I should take out the glave when in Melee range or just stick to punching people.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Deeturbomber posted:

I promise it's barely noticable because if it was good we would've been using it for years in PVE. It's nothing to worry about. Gotta remember how old this game is if you're new. I promise you're not the only one that thought of something. Just Google it. Dudes go out their way to break the game or not have to play the game.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
If you want health from shooting an enemy just use a gun that has unrelenting. It won't knock your socks off but its something.

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
Rev'd up Suros Regime can certainly surprise people caught unaware in my experience. It would be sick if you could swap the mode by holding reload.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I've seen vids where void warlocks have 4 fragment slots, but my titan only has 3 slots. Do warlocks get an extra or can you unlock more?

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Majere posted:

I've seen vids where void warlocks have 4 fragment slots, but my titan only has 3 slots. Do warlocks get an extra or can you unlock more?

The slots are tied to the equipped aspects. I forget offhand how many the titan aspects have.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

oh ok, makes sense..in the Destiny sense.

I'm using Bulwark and Bastion since giving my homies an overshield is pretty cool. Controlled demo would give me the extra fragment slot for 4 total, and still give fireteam healing.

Good lord once you get a void well, I can't even see how many buffs are active with Expulsion, Persistence, Instability, & Remnants.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Unlucky7 posted:

I just got my Glave, and I am wondering how to use it with my current build? I am a Melee Centric Void Titan with Bastion and Offensive Bulwark equipped, with the Echo of Provision, Echo of Exchange, and Echo of Leeching fragments. Are the Glave melee attacks affected by the Melee buffs/effects? I want to use my Shield Bash but otherwise I am wondering if I should take out the glave when in Melee range or just stick to punching people.

I’m not sure if it pairs nice with glaive, but try this build out.

https://youtu.be/4UEmc8ND7NU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Any similar links/info on putting together a stronger warlock void build? I’m still running what is basically my pre-void2 build with a few random-ish choices I made at the time to make it stop telling me about it. It’s fine for regular PvE but I’m sure I could be doing significantly better.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Bad Munki posted:

Any similar links/info on putting together a stronger warlock void build? I’m still running what is basically my pre-void2 build with a few random-ish choices I made at the time to make it stop telling me about it. It’s fine for regular PvE but I’m sure I could be doing significantly better.

Last season Void Warlock was all about grenades and using them to spawn multiple wells. This season still has that build but everyone is focusing more on Volatile Rounds and their synergy with Funnelweb, Deathbringer, and other powerful void weapons.

In general if you’re a void lock just have a wide variety of Osmosis and Void weapons to suit different activities and then just do your best to keep Font of Might and Volatile Rounds proc’d the whole time, adding survivability mods as needed for harder content. For basic stuff you can just stack Font of Might and Wellmaker mods with Elemental Time Dilation to keep all your buffs active.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
xur armour rolls still bugged signs point to it being intentional

some very good looking weapons too possible another 5/5 fusion look forward to seeing that

IN THE IRON BANNER NEXT WEEK BABY LETS GO I NEED A NEW GODROLL OCCULEDED WITH THE INTRINSIC

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah this is the best Main Ingredient yet, jesus christ almighty

Trials is back. This mode can be VERY frustrating so please don't bash your head against the wall unless you well and truly want to. The loot is absolutely top tier in all modes of the game, but in no way is any of it "necessary". There are other void scouts, other solar autos, etc

On Sunday morning, it becomes a much easier playlist as well because the Flawless players are put in their own bucket and you will only face people who have not yet been to the Lighthouse this week.

They also ~doubled the amount of Reputation you gain over time so it'll be a VERY fast process to rank up.

Reach goal: Reset your Trials rep and you get to claim a nice Outlaw Desperado Messenger this week!

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Bad Munki posted:

The easy void warlock build is contraverse holds + chaos accelerant. You basically always have grenades and devour up.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Easy is good. I’ve been using Holds since before, will look into the rest from both those posts, thanks y’all

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hErvKQYQElc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04vzM5Ogalw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-_DgwrNyOc

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

This is great, thanks!

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Devour has always been crazy. As a titan main I've always been envious of it. Especially now that there are like 20-30 adds on screen instead of 6 tops.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

This game still "runs" on launch xbox one's and ps4's, right? I wonder how miserable that experience is by now.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

xzzy posted:

This game still "runs" on launch xbox one's and ps4's, right? I wonder how miserable that experience is by now.
Getting the menu up is as painful as it was playing D1 on 360/PS3, if not worse. Even in social zones.

E: surprisingly few slowdowns though.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Okay, I switched my loadout over to that warlock video up there and just wandered out to try it and I can say that yep, it fuckin wrecks, this is gonna be fun, thanks again!

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Reach goal: Reset your Trials rep and you get to claim a nice Outlaw Desperado Messenger this week!

Just to check on this: that's for getting to rank 10, and it doesn't matter when this season you do it, right? It looks like it's just part of the reputation rewards track, and I don't recall that being reset each week.

I've got other things I'm working on, and don't want to have to drop everything to pick that up right now.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The weapons on the track do change.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

RBX posted:

The weapons on the track do change.

ffffffffffffffffffffffff

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Again, if trials sounds like torture, don't do it. An outlaw desperado messenger is not worth it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

haveblue posted:

Again, if trials sounds like torture, don't do it. An outlaw desperado messenger is not worth it

I can do it okay (I almost made it to the lighthouse once, although my K/D this season is unusually bad), I just wanted to spend more time on the raid and getting my Titan through the campaign.