Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm8UjBAS3cs

I like screamy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

dogsicle posted:

i can provide something unwanted: buddy complex having this much of a bop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_Jr9ji8lYI

buddy complex ftw

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Ibblebibble posted:

I haven't tried coop yet. Most of the people I know getting it are on PC so I hope there's crossplay.

Sadly it doesn't, outside of crossplay between console gens.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Srice posted:

Sadly it doesn't, outside of crossplay between console gens.

Womp womp wooooooomp

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
glomp glomp glooooomp

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

https://twitter.com/ourobororoboruo/status/1501949065289887749

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Erg posted:

buddy complex ftw

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
People who call Buddy complex the worst mecha ever must have never seen

Gundam build fighters try

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Gundam build fighters try (and fail to make a good show!!!!)

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I haven't actually seen try i'm just (gundam build fighters) trying to fit in

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Build Fighters Try is a bad show

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Strange Quark posted:

People who call Buddy complex the worst mecha ever must have never seen

Gundam build fighters try

was it that much worse than Gundam Build Fighters regular

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Kild posted:

was it that much worse than Gundam Build Fighters regular

very much so

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
I hope this is the right place to ask but could someone explain wtf is going on with the Crunchyroll Funimation thing?

Is EVERYTHING on Funimation now, already, on Crunchyroll?

I had unsubbed to Crunchy but kept my Funimation (I prefer dubs plz dont hate me) but now it looks like a lot of the Funi stuff is now on Crunchy, but not sure if it ALL is... should I cancel my Funimation and sub to Crunchyroll?

Crunchyroll did give a 60 day premium membership to Funimation subscribers, so I'm on both now. Maybe it's time to sever from Funi but I have found it difficult to understand the timeline, what is on Funi that isn't on Crunchyroll for now, etc.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Funi's streaming service will shut down and Crunchy will have everything by that time, I believe

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Taima posted:

I hope this is the right place to ask but could someone explain wtf is going on with the Crunchyroll Funimation thing?

Is EVERYTHING on Funimation now, already, on Crunchyroll?

I had unsubbed to Crunchy but kept my Funimation (I prefer dubs plz dont hate me) but now it looks like a lot of the Funi stuff is now on Crunchy, but not sure if it ALL is... should I cancel my Funimation and sub to Crunchyroll?

Crunchyroll did give a 60 day premium membership to Funimation subscribers, so I'm on both now. Maybe it's time to sever from Funi but I have found it difficult to understand the timeline, what is on Funi that isn't on Crunchyroll for now, etc.

Sony decided to dissolve the Funimation label and is gradually putting everything that was on the Funi streaming site onto Crunchy

marumaru
May 20, 2013

my sister, who doesn't like anime (cartoons in general) has been binging demon slayer. it's pretty funny. the power of demon slayer can't be overstated

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

blade of normie destruction

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Demon Slayer does nothing for me, but I get the appeal.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSc27JPm3r8

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

marumaru posted:

my sister, who doesn't like anime (cartoons in general) has been binging demon slayer. it's pretty funny. the power of demon slayer can't be overstated

Gotta say, Tanjirou is the only character I've seen people cosplay as in public places in my home city, outside of conventions or cinema screenings of anime or other places where you'd expect weeb poo poo.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
Living in Tokyo it has been impossible to avoid Demon Slayer. Besides the theme songs being played everywhere, there are a deluge of promos and product tie-ins. The other day, I saw a brand of disinfectant tout itself as "Germ Slayers" with Tanjiro & co. wearing masks and gloves and stuff. It's only starting to give way to Jujutsu Kaisen but it's definite as entrenched as other Jump classics by now.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Demon layer

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask about this, but is anyone familiar with Sentinel's Riobot line of robot toys?

I've been eyeing their upcoming Raideen figure as a possible sensible investment to make as sensible adult, but I'm not familiar with them and I'd rather avoid throwing money at a lemon if I could.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

i thought i already posted this but i do not mind it being posted again at all, it's so good
the animation is so expressive

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

Gotta say, Tanjirou is the only character I've seen people cosplay as in public places in my home city, outside of conventions or cinema screenings of anime or other places where you'd expect weeb poo poo.

same, i've seen teenagers wearing his checkered coat thing multiple times. it's fun to see anime going so mainstream

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, sometimes I'll see a teen at the store I work at wearing a MHA shirt or something and I'll be like "Yeah...you go, kid."

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

no less than two of my employees have asked me if I'm caught up with Demon Slayer. it's whack

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask about this, but is anyone familiar with Sentinel's Riobot line of robot toys?

I've been eyeing their upcoming Raideen figure as a possible sensible investment to make as sensible adult, but I'm not familiar with them and I'd rather avoid throwing money at a lemon if I could.

i've been conferred this wisdom:

endorph's voice from beyond posted:

sentinel's good
pretty smart engineering, good articulation, solidly put together
i only have the gurren lagann but ive only heard of like, 1-2 other duds theyve put out
err
*1-2 duds
the gl isnt a dud
that said the price point is pretty high for the scale of the figures and they're fairly light. they stand on their own and they usually come with stands anyway but that can lead to a couple of the limbs slightly drooping when you try and get a pose
especially posing with an accessory
but overall theyre a solid 8/10 line if you're willing to cough up for the pricepoint

feel free to post this in the thread as endorph's voice from beyond

haven't read the gunpla thread in forever so if you posted this there idk, but i think the overlap for model making and general robot toys would be enough that some people there could add insight.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

stay safe endorph ghost

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

marumaru posted:

What's not to love? It's a vampire hunting show with swords in Japan and the main character stops to think 'God, I hate this. I hate that this exists, I'm so sorry that this has happened to you, this sucks.' Every five or so episodes.

I don't do a lot of zombie or vampire media so it's neat to have someone remark on the fact that those all used to be people and it's a crying shame that they're all hungry for human meat now. I mean I've just been missing all the other things that do that constantly throughout because I'm just oblivious like that.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

kirbysuperstar posted:

stay safe endorph ghost

Yeah I miss the thoughtful effort Endorph posts, about pretty much anything. I've been mostly a lurker for 14 years but Interesting Posts About Anime are why I check the chat and romance threads every day, and she's been a large contributor to that.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

dogsicle posted:

haven't read the gunpla thread in forever so if you posted this there idk, but i think the overlap for model making and general robot toys would be enough that some people there could add insight.

Thank you, and thanks Endorph!

I'll definitely ask the in the gunpla thread, as well.

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Mar 12, 2022

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

dogsicle posted:

please tell endorph from beyond i said hello if you're speaking to her

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Edit: lol someone snuck a dong in that picture nvm

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Mar 12, 2022

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Ibblebibble posted:

lmao

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

its a crucial part of any brother check in

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ibblebibble posted:

Oldest trick in the book