Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Srice posted:

Dudes rock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
demon slayer is the only anime I've heard discussed irl pretty much.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

This and Attack on Titan for me.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

Kild posted:

was it that much worse than Gundam Build Fighters regular

yeah

it's the curse of Gundam. the more successful an entry is, the more meddling it attracts from bigwigs who start loving around with things and pressuring the writers to mess with poo poo

build fighters went from a unimportant wacky side series to a new Gundam franchise of its own, and the core of fun that made it what it was got lost in the process

kirbysuperstar posted:

stay safe endorph ghost

:agreed:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wherever Endorph is, I hope she's considering the coconut.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Larry Parrish posted:

i dont know how many times i went to a bar with friends of a friend and conversation devolved into heated arguments about evangelion. it's always pretty hilarious, especially when it's "is evangelion actually good" and the absolute classic "who's the best girl (misato doesn't count)"

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the only anime i've heard people discuss irl are Big Wars: Kami Utsu Akaki Kouya ni and Sol Bianca (not sure which version)

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I truly do not believe nobody here has heard people talk about dragonball irl

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Or Pokemon or Digimon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGIv25w2Z08

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

hosed around and binged Utena again.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

kirbysuperstar posted:

stay safe endorph ghost

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

build fighters try at least had the tryon 3

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm going to watch anime once I find my PS4, turn it on, and cancel PS+ so they don't get me for another year.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Godspeed..The bastards got me a few months ago.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Saagonsa posted:

kirbysuperstar posted:

Or Pokemon or Digimon

Or Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Yu-Gi-Oh, Kingdom Hearts, One Punch Man, Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Alchemist- I literally got out of work Thursday night and a guy was getting his phone out of his locker and yelling at one of his homies to stop messaging him about Naruto all the time.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

in the mid 00s I walked out of (at the time) a niche Anime Store holding some DBZ dvds and a belligerent man at least twice my age aggressively asked "IS THAT GT? IS THAT GT?!" like 11x before his gf told him to chill out. it was most of the frieza saga for what it's worth

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

I saw the first pokemon movie in theaters as a kid and before trailers had started an old guy in front of us turned around and interrupted us to explain what EVs were bc we didnt understand why pikachu was so strong

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Saagonsa posted:

not for more than ten years although I've heard 'slower than Dragonball' to describe tv shows before. everyone knows about the older stuff but nobody is going to randomly bring up Dragonball Z when people are talking about stuff on tv dude.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

evs are normal-type Pokemon able to evolve into multiple forms depending on various items and conditions

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

successfully canceled PS+ but had to pretend i hadn't seen the first 4 episodes of Stardust Crusaders Pt2 as penance.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Varinn posted:

I saw the first pokemon movie in theaters as a kid and before trailers had started an old guy in front of us turned around and interrupted us to explain what EVs were bc we didnt understand why pikachu was so strong
I did too for a birthday party and they had those promo mewtwo cards so I just asked for a two inch thick stack of them from the guy because he absolutely did not give a poo poo. Wonder if I still have those, they're probably worth a decent amount these days

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

thinking about how my grandmother took me to see the first yugioh movie in the theater as a kid and how she must have had the patience of a saint to watch a movie about a card game that literally doesn't even follow its own rules 75% of the time

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Mix. posted:

thinking about how my grandmother took me to see the first yugioh movie in the theater as a kid and how she must have had the patience of a saint to watch a movie about a card game that literally doesn't even follow its own rules 75% of the time

Yeah my surrogate uncle took me to see the first Pokemon movie (still have the promotional Mewtwo card) and he slept through most of it and grumbled about the rest, the poor bastard

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I remember the pokemon movie being a bit poo poo. It took itself way too seriously for a show about hanging out with your pets and making them fight.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

kirbysuperstar posted:

stay safe endorph ghost

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

not for more than ten years although I've heard 'slower than Dragonball' to describe tv shows before. everyone knows about the older stuff but nobody is going to randomly bring up Dragonball Z when people are talking about stuff on tv dude.

Dragon Ball Super was on TV relatively very recently. I remember my coworkers talking about it all the time at my old job lol

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I'm glad all the dragon ball haters are dead or in jail now

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Saagonsa posted:

Dragon Ball Super was on TV relatively very recently. I remember my coworkers talking about it all the time at my old job lol

ive never met anyone who watched anything after Z besides the occasional dubbed movie release lol

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Still playing elden ring

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
My grandma took me to see the first men in black movie in an old timey theater with curtains surrounding the screen and balcony seats and stuff in her town that felt like it was lost to time.

Going back there decades later, and there's dollar generals and walmarts and the like all over, and the places like that theater or mom and pop shops are gone because of rising property costs

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

God, this made me so nostalgic for Oundan 2.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I remember my mom taking me to the second pokemon movie and I was just old enough and aware enough to realize she was probably bored to tears.

She really loved Detective Pikachu though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/KawaiiMess/status/1502434945620344838?t=SKQUNlOC6bqlj2aYn0Nzkg&s=19

Ugh.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Not for Trading

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The Dynazenon Blu-Ray will be available in the west on May 17th:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09SRQSBT7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_NF12BMSDH6VFRE1ZBS39

Also as a result of the recent merger with Funimation the series is now available on Crunchyroll as well (both subbed and dubbed)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/oricon_anime_/status/1502615663604473858?t=YsXKumeQLTXU3LXSLrkLUg&s=19

New sponsors!