Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Monday will be fun…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Yes, only (rich white) people should be able to legally enjoy high-quality, government-tested recreational drugs. :colbert:

Where do you get that reading? Over the counter means anyone can buy it. If it's anything like weed legalization the resulting products will be cheaper and less likely to kill you

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN9-xvQxX74

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
They also still require ID and cost more and is thus less accessible.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Wasabi the J posted:

I wasn't meaning to snipe at you, Gargantua.

But Wasabi nailed one aspect, and the other is that invariably, when any formerly controlled drug is legalized, the legal and "certified" drugs are expensive as gently caress, while small business grow-ops get hosed by needing to have to pass the same loving guidelines, procedures, and certification as the conglomerates. My guess is some company like Altria has a "Day Zero" plan in place should weed ever be legalized nationally to make cultivation and sale of legal weed such a nightmare that it'd be akin to making it illegal for all but those with the discretionary income to afford $1000 cartons.

Legalized drugs can end up being very much a "be careful what you wish for" thing.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Mar 12, 2022

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

And then thanks to the mishmash of laws, you have sheriffs living out their wildest GTA wet dreams and hijacking armored trucks of cash, since the dispensaries can't use anything else, putting the onus on the transport company and the dispensaries to prove it was legal dealing, or be subject to civil forfeiture.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2022/01...mored-vehicles/

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Dispensaries are cheap when your state is flooded. Obviously that's not the case in most states. $10/g concentrates, $10 eighths, and you just need a basic state ID, license, or passport. The laws here originally were written pretty liberally, they've been cranking down since.

Medical cards are a bit more prohibitive due to the extra cost, but taxes on product drop from 20-25% to 3% with a card here. My card and state fees are about $130 a year in Colorado (used to pay that much for a quarter oz in Memphis). Unfortunately, while the weed is cheap, the rent is high unless you want to live in the middle of nowhere, there it's tolerable (there are $650/mo 1 beds 1 baths here).

Altria already owns a canadian weed company. They are most certainly ready to jump in and gently caress up the game. An article a few weeks ago said Phillip Morris wasn't planning to get into cannabis, but they're owned by Altria and will jump when told, so expect Marlboro prerolls someday. Redneck markets will practically demand it.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

expect Marlboro prerolls someday. Redneck markets will practically demand it.

We literally told stories about the day this would be a thing when I lived in Texas. Marlboro Greens are a southern dream

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Weed here in WA is way cheaper than when I was in college in FL a decade ago. Plus the convenience of a cannabis shop on nearly every corner instead of needing to set up a time with your dealer.

LMAO, definitely no way I'll ever move to a state that doesn't have legal weed. Fortunately the entire west coast has legal weed.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
I’m just gonna drop this here:

https://www.sqdc.ca/en-CA/

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Country block on that link.

Camel kills 2 in Tennessee.

quote:

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A loose camel reportedly killed two people Thursday afternoon in Obion County, Tennessee.

According to the Obion County Sheriff’s Office, deputies responded to a call of a loose camel attacking people near Shirley Farms on South Bluff Road in Obion at 4:44 p.m. Thursday.

Deputies arrived on the scene and found two people unconscious and the camel still on the loose.

The sheriff’s office says Lake County Sheriff’s Office, Lake County Rescue Squad, the Ridgely Police Department and the Tennessee Highway Patrol all responded to the scene to help move the victims to a safe place.

According to the sheriff’s office, the camel attacked an Obion County Sheriff’s Office vehicle and then moved toward the deputies. The sheriff’s office said the officers put the camel down “for the safety of everyone on the scene.”

The two victims died of their injuries. The sheriff’s office has identified them as 42-year-old Bobby Matheny of Ridgely and 67-year-old Tommy Gunn of Obion.

There is no word on how the camel got loose. The farm has a petting zoo and tours, according to a Facebook page.

Obion is about 100 miles north of Memphis.
https://wreg.com/news/mid-south/loose-camel-kills-2-people-in-tennessee/

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Must have been an exciting day for the cops, with a new type of animal to shoot and all.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I wasn't meaning to snipe at you, Gargantua.

But Wasabi nailed one aspect, and the other is that invariably, when any formerly controlled drug is legalized, the legal and "certified" drugs are expensive as gently caress, while small business grow-ops get hosed by needing to have to pass the same loving guidelines, procedures, and certification as the conglomerates. My guess is some company like Altria has a "Day Zero" plan in place should weed ever be legalized nationally to make cultivation and sale of legal weed such a nightmare that it'd be akin to making it illegal for all but those with the discretionary income to afford $1000 cartons.

Legalized drugs can end up being very much a "be careful what you wish for" thing.

The big impediment is lobbyists carving out the space for special interests, instead of clear legal guidelines for everyone, and then putting it to referendum so citizens that want weed vote for it. The mom and pops going under is a consequence of legalization and cheap weed, Altria has the money and expertise to just do it so much more efficiently.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Probably.

But if your name is Tommy Gunn, you're bound to die in a dumb goddamn way.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Probably.

Peter is the superior choice

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Probably.

(Not) waiting for the Mr. Humps video.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Wasabi the J posted:

I would trade price point for quality control in a heartbeat. Yhe booze and weed industry managed to remain affordable after legalization.

Not to mention that their remains an active black market for unregulated forms of both substances that would be easily masked by legal operations.

Add on the costs and burdens suffered by people facing criminal consequences for trafficking or even simply consuming illegal drugs and there is very little about the prospect of the end of prohibition that would serve as much as a double edged blade.

Grip it and rip it fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Mar 12, 2022

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Apparently I am extremely wealthy, since I legally smoke pot. Please ignore the pay scale thats roughly half what it should be.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Sentinel posted:

This the kinda poo poo that gets you shoved into lockers in HS and shaken down for lunch money.

That's probably not a problem for somebody with extremely rich parents. If they're not home schooled by private teachers, they will go to a really expensive private school where all their classmates will have their own issues. They might still get shoved into lockers, but likely not for their stupid name.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I was hanging out with some friends last night, and got a rundown of how weed's changed, post-prohibition, from when I was buying dime bags as a teenager.

There's no "shake" anymore, all that poo poo goes to making THC oils and extractions and tinctures and poo poo, they're infusing joints with THC oil, you can consume through seemingly any orifice in almost any way you want. It's kind of mind blowing, and I'm excited to try it.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Elviscat posted:

I was hanging out with some friends last night, and got a rundown of how weed's changed, post-prohibition, from when I was buying dime bags as a teenager.

There's no "shake" anymore, all that poo poo goes to making THC oils and extractions and tinctures and poo poo, they're infusing joints with THC oil, you can consume through seemingly any orifice in almost any way you want. It's kind of mind blowing, and I'm excited to try it.

You can still get shake lol. Thats how you get cheap weed, since dirt weed doesn't seem to exist anymore

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I sobered up 12 years ago and now there's affordable ounces and dealers are selling you speedballs instead of having to buy coke AND heroin? wow what a future

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

maffew buildings posted:

I sobered up 12 years ago and now there's affordable ounces and dealers are selling you speedballs instead of having to buy coke AND heroin? wow what a future

Congratulations on being sober! 12 years is something to be proud of

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Torrannor posted:

That's probably not a problem for somebody with extremely rich parents. If they're not home schooled by private teachers, they will go to a really expensive private school where all their classmates will have their own issues. They might still get shoved into lockers, but likely not for their stupid name.

“The AI in your dad’s car made fun of my dad, enjoy this swirlie you dweeb!”

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

RFC2324 posted:

Congratulations on being sober! 12 years is something to be proud of

thanks I actually never had fun getting loaded so it's worked out. in the event anyone can't stop getting loaded when they don't want to hit up myself or Two Fingers or whatever his name is now, we get Fired Up talking sobriety

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Elviscat posted:

I can get shake for $20-40/oz.

Trim is what goes into concentrates. Shake is the stuff that breaks off buds in the jar/cure can/bag. Trim is all the leafy poo poo cut off before cure.

Varies by state, but here in Colorado, weed testing has an expiration date. After that passes, you have to retest the weed to keep selling it. This is where you get flower dumped into concentrates production. Say a strain nets you 3kg, but you only sell 2.7kg of it by expiry. By then you have a fresh harvest of the same strain ready, so instead of paying to retest flower that's already leaving you with a surplus, you dump it into concentrates.

It takes 3-6 grams of flower to get a gram of concentrates. With trim, that's more like 10-20+g depending on the quality of trim to a gram of concentrate.

Weed is loving wild now. If I'd smoked this quality stuff as a teenager I probably would have been scared off. When you do eventually start smoking again, look for strains higher in cbd than thc, low dose edibles, and stay clear away from concentrates like vape cartridges until you're through the anxiety riddled highs at first, which will also be wild as hell.

Also visit the weed thread in whatever TCC is called now. The growing thread is also solid.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

maffew buildings posted:

thanks I actually never had fun getting loaded so it's worked out. in the event anyone can't stop getting loaded when they don't want to hit up myself or Two Fingers or whatever his name is now, we get Fired Up talking sobriety

Hi

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

maffew buildings posted:

have you ever tried lsd

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code
I just want to smoke on the weekends or when my inflammation flares up but I work for the government :( maybe one day. Hopefully some of the government unions can start working that angle. Of course they are probably staffed by geriatrics who were told their whole lives it's the devil's lettuce.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

https://mobile.twitter.com/ajenglish/status/1502694677354586123?s=21

I'm sure they had a good reason

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Friday night is a party night!

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

You see they were breathing and the kingdom wanted to fix that

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stravag posted:

You see they were breathing and the kingdom wanted to fix that

Also probably Shia.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

I wonder if it was like that guy who strides along trying to karate chop coconuts, except they did it successfully.

ed:
"These individuals, totaling 81, were convicted of various crimes including murdering innocent men, women and children," the interior ministry said in a statement.

"Crimes committed by these individuals also include pledging allegiance to foreign terrorist organizations, such as ISIS (Islamic State), al Qaeda and the Houthis," it added.

Some traveled to conflict zones to join "terrorist organizations," the statement said.

The ministry did not say how the executions were carried out.

The men included 37 Saudi nationals who were found guilty in a single case for attempting to assassinate security officers and targeting police stations and convoys, the ministry added."

Pigsfeet on Rye fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Mar 12, 2022

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Grimes wanted to direct Dune, lol

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Eyes Have It posted:

:catdrugs:

What?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

It was just another revelation in that interview where she disclosed the second baby with muskman.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I maybe jumped the gun a little when I saw the headline, it's more "Grimes wanted to direct a Dune movie"

https://www.indiewire.com/2022/03/grimes-wanted-to-direct-dune-1234707150/

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

The Eyes Have It posted:

life is strange

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.