Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

What the hell is she trying to do??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Mister Speaker posted:

Build a slam dunk for the plaintiff, no doubt.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mister Speaker posted:

My guess is Karen is mad about the noise

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Is was really hoping she’d snip a hydraulic line and get sprayed with oil or cause the boom to fall and squish her

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Azhais posted:

My guess is Karen is mad about the noise

Oh poo poo, you're right. I didn't realize they were filming from the boom.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
isnt a common aluminum factoid is it was once more expensive than gold or silver and you let your second class guests at the mansion eat off those gold plates, while you let the important guests use the aluminum ones? Also the Washington Memorial in DC is tipped with aluminum.

oh but than processing Bauxite cheaper became a thing and it became a commoners metal. irrational rich people and their status chasing.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Oh lol, I missed that at the start :v:

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Pulsed Nd:YAG laser you say? Reminds me of this styropyro video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yH9ll-0hDk

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Safety notwithstanding but wouldn't it be better to use a heavy roller type thing that you manually roll along this for better adhesion?

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
No poo poo, the lady circumcising the boom is a dead ringer for my neighbor, who is a full on Karen that harassed us with bullshit code enforcement complaints (to the point where the inspectors were telling us to keep records for a lawyer) until the county stopped taking anonymous complaints.

I have no doubt she would also snip a hydraulic line to stop some dumb noise.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_r8mid9GJj61r0uzl6.mp4

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Is that a motherfucking snake?

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Does that make this attempted murder? christ

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/chaostiktoks/status/1502722337787064327

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Jonny Nox posted:

Is that a motherfucking snake?

Motherfucking snakes in the motherfucking drop ceiling!

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Change my username to “humped beast.”

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Phanatic posted:

Change my username to “humped beast.”

Man, that's quite a death to have on one's epitaph.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Edit: ah gently caress, that's tasteless even for me

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Cause of Death Humped beast.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Is this the death by snu-snu I heard about?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

PhazonLink posted:

Cause of Death Humped beast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tX6jdoruH8

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Butterwagon posted:

Does that make this attempted murder? christ

If the boom had fallen and killed them, manslaughter probably. She likely has no idea what lines she's snipping and just wants them to stop.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Man, that's quite a death to have on one's epitaph.

If your name is Tommy Gunn you must die a ridiculous death. Thems the rules.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Maybe they should have..............

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

chitoryu12 posted:

If the boom had fallen and killed them, manslaughter probably. She likely has no idea what lines she's snipping and just wants them to stop.

Dang, you're right! That's genius!

I will now immediately cease learning anything meaningful, and proceed to wreak my malicious slaughter of men upon the world with uninformed recklessness rather than calculated premeditation, KB OUT!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/87jG3vv.mp4

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Karate Bastard posted:

Dang, you're right! That's genius!

I will now immediately cease learning anything meaningful, and proceed to wreak my malicious slaughter of men upon the world with uninformed recklessness rather than calculated premeditation, KB OUT!

That's premeditated now, you gotta drink until you forget the reasons for your scheme and do it all natural.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Subjunctive posted:

I don’t understand the “for a year” part of this section, or maybe I don’t understand the “megawatt” part:

People, including journalists, are really not good at grasping the difference between energy and power. Definitely doesn't help that in colloquial use the terms are pretty much interchangeable.

In this case I think it's safe to assume that "for a year" is just something the writer added because they've heard quantities of energy described that way before, and they didn't understand what a megawatt is.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Subjunctive posted:

I don’t understand the “for a year” part of this section, or maybe I don’t understand the “megawatt” part:

they say 'annual megawatts' so presumably that's megawatt-years?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I think the distinction is that it's "average megawatts." An average megawatt is a unit of a million watts delivered continuously 24 hours a day for a year. It's the same as 8,760 megawatt-hours.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

How come my local recycling center doesn’t want dirty aluminum foil? (I put it in my recycling bin anyway)

Pest control.

Fat Loser
May 27, 2004

withak posted:

Pest control.

I've been wearing my foil hat for years and I still get ear worms.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

If only he had a ladder.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

The My Summer Car sequel is looking good

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Motherfucking snakes in the motherfucking drop ceiling!

Thats a BIG ASSED Motherfucking snake dropping on the in the motherfucking lady from the motherfucking drop ceiling!

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

How come my local recycling center doesn’t want dirty aluminum foil? (I put it in my recycling bin anyway)
Because they don't want dirty aluminum. That's why you're supposed to rinse out your beer cans (etc) before you put them in the bin. If you put dirty foil in the bin you're making more work for the people sorting your poo poo and you're an rear end in a top hat.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Food covered stuff probably sucks for the sorting crews, but a bit of organic contamination shouldn't be a big deal as far as the metallic content of smelter feedstock goes right? Like, just toss a bit more Flux in.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

B33rChiller posted:

Food covered stuff probably sucks for the sorting crews, but a bit of organic contamination shouldn't be a big deal as far as the metallic content of smelter feedstock goes right? Like, just toss a bit more Flux in.

The main problem is that anything with a trace of food on it will attract vermin. Rats, mice, cockroaches, you name it. It makes the recycling process much more hazardous and difficult.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Unperson_47 posted:

Safety notwithstanding but wouldn't it be better to use a heavy roller type thing that you manually roll along this for better adhesion?

do you want to haul anything up to a roof? his boots are fine and the propane torches are fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I guess if you're a bitch you could chastize the dude for stashing his trowel in his kneepads