Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Suburban Dad posted:

:hf: same here. Switch was great for that lead up but I didn't bring it to the delivery room, lol

Pretty sure that isn't the delivery room.

With all of this talk about Micrsoft being a mess, I'm not surprised that Valve wants to push devs towards Linux development.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Valve itself only exists because a few ex Microsoft guys wanted to do games better, no surprise they aren’t interested in investing into Windows. Despite the fact that gaben probably wrote windows 95 :classiclol:

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

i just remembered valve launched steam machines without any windows emulation whatsoever and just expected the industry to suddenly start churning out native linux ports for their sake lol

second times the charm

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

repiv posted:

i just remembered valve launched steam machines without any windows emulation whatsoever and just expected the industry to suddenly start churning out native linux ports for their sake lol

second times the charm
Yeah, that was definitely a misstep. This has way different energy to it.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
At least they aren't leaving it to third party companies to make the decks like they did with steam machines, because boy those were real hit or miss.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

I’d probably leave the deck at home but what do I know.

Having spent many days staying with my wife in the hospital it really helps to have stuff to keep everyone occupied, and for the support to know when to be there for their partner and when to back off and let them chill for a while.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Declan MacManus fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Mar 13, 2022

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Soul Glo posted:

I spent a month in the hospital with my wife leading up to our first being born six weeks early

You know nothing op

Yeah... Two months for us, then two weeks in the NICU. Would've loved to have something like this back then.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

I’d probably leave the deck at home but what do I know.

this is such a weird post. it's the hospital, dude, what the hell else are you gonna do in there?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

JazzFlight posted:

Yeah, that was definitely a misstep. This has way different energy to it.
The use and (ab)use of proton with the deck is amazing. You want to install the Epic store for all those free games you grabbed? Run the installer through proton! Then run the Epic store itself through proton! Any games run through the store after it is launched through proton also use proton! What the hell?!

I mean eventually Lutris support will probably eliminate the need to do this but it's hilarious the lengths you can go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=402M-OfUbQM

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

this is such a weird post. it's the hospital, dude, what the hell else are you gonna do in there?

yeah lol

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Farm karma obviously

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

Farm karma obviously

lol

I'm enjoying my new toy but I think I'll leave it home for my child's birth

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Well someone online might try to dunk on you online.
The horror

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

gaming is a fun hobby but if you're bringing your adult game boy to the birth of your child, you have a problem hth

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

grieving for Gandalf posted:

gaming is a fun hobby but if you're bringing your adult game boy to the birth of your child, you have a problem hth

gently caress off

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

:goonsay:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

I’m genuinely curious, do you just stare at the wall?

Because it’s a long long process. Or do you only haven understanding of it from sitcoms?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

look at your phone or something, you nerds lmao. it's okay not to spend the maximum amount of time life playing video games

be mad at me because I got my Steam Deck already, not because I told you about yourself

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah but then you can’t post a picture of it online.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

CharlestheHammer posted:

I’m genuinely curious, do you just stare at the wall?

Because it’s a long long process. Or do you only haven understanding of it from sitcoms?

Literally 2 months for us.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah but then you can’t post a picture of it online.

thanks for the Reddit Gold, everybody!! Link Shepard Jones was born yesterday at a healthy 7 lb, 1 oz. cheers!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

look at your phone or something, you nerds lmao. it's okay not to spend the maximum amount of time life playing video games

be mad at me because I got my Steam Deck already, not because I told you about yourself

I’m confused, why is looking at a phone better? Do you honestly think looking at Twitter or something is actually better.

It’s not 2004 you don’t need to be that sad self hating nerd anymore.

Because it honestly makes you look pathetic

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

I’m confused, why is looking at a phone better? Do you honestly think looking at Twitter or something is actually better.

It’s not 2004 you don’t need to be that sad self hating nerd anymore.

Because it honestly makes you look pathetic

it's not being a self-hating nerd, don't you find there's a time and a place for this hobby?

pathetic is the word for guys who get really incensed when you imply they should save video games for a time when their wives aren't going through labor. if you want make something out of being in the hospital for two months, good for you, that wasn't happening in the post being made fun of

grieving for Gandalf fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Mar 13, 2022

Trucker Hat
Jul 25, 2021
The complete lack of security features on the Deck is kind of worrisome if your use case is in a semi private room at the hospital.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

it's not being a self-hating nerd, don't you find there's a time and a place for this hobby?

no

Shut the gently caress up!!!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

no

Sorry for making fun of your Reddit photo.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

no

congratulations on your third kid.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

pathetic is the word for guys who get really incensed when you imply they should save video games for a time when their wives aren't going through labor. if you want make something out of being in the hospital for two months, good for you, that wasn't happening in the post being made fun of

Sorry everything you say plays exactly into what I said. I don’t give a single poo poo what you do or do not do while waiting anywhere. It doesn’t matter. The fact you seem determined to set some arbitrary limit on what strangers can do during their downtime is so weird and confusing to me

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

what is the average square footage of an american hospital room compared to the average square footage of an american apartment bedroom and is it enough for VR

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Hospitals are like the most boring places on Earth. I spent 3 days in a hospital when I was a teenager, newly diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. They wheeled in a TV with an N64 and a few games. Played lots of Excitebike 64.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

KRILLIN IN THE NAME posted:

what is the average square footage of an american hospital room compared to the average square footage of an american apartment bedroom and is it enough for VR

make sure you bring an extra headset and controllers in case you share a room with another patient. it's only polite

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Though I it’s always good when a goon tries to own someone and ends up just making themselves look kind of petty and sad

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
deffo self hating nerd

girls might be watching

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

Though I it’s always good when a goon tries to own someone and ends up just making themselves look kind of petty and sad

definitely lol

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

ColdPie posted:

Hospitals are like the most boring places on Earth. I spent 3 days in a hospital when I was a teenager, newly diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. They wheeled in a TV with an N64 and a few games. Played lots of Excitebike 64.

I’m sorry they didn’t have a good console for you to play

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ColdPie posted:

I spent two months in one with my wife in 2019. It’s a lot easier now with Wi-Fi, laptops, streaming, etc. I even did most of a master’s class while I was there, leaving only to take care of the dogs and sleep at home.

Goons trying to “own” people who are going through this are sad but I guess I should be happy they haven’t had to spend a large amount of time sitting in a hospital room. Labor won’t take two months but it can take several days and you have to keep everyone occupied so they don’t hassle the nurses or go stir crazy.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Mar 13, 2022

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
i mean that one guy is obviously trolling people over taking their portable gaming consoles out of the house, probably bc he's mad other people have relationships and lives and circumstances that dictate they actually leave their house

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Soul Glo posted:

I’m sorry they didn’t have a good console for you to play

I have to imagine I'm one of the most experienced Excitebike 64 players on the planet, thanks to that 3 day hospital stay in 2001.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Please respect your wife by playing Clash of Clans in the hospital and not Elden Ring.