Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Chargers twitter was being Weird and Ironic long before it became just a dumb brand thing and I respect that.

I wanna say the very first one was the LA Kings?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Lol at the people being Actually Mad ITT

Hail to the King, Baby

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

shirts and skins posted:

Hail to the King, Baby

I don’t care that Brady is back, I’m just ready for the Bucs to turn back into poo poo.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
The Bucs will have the NFC South locked up by Thanksgiving hahaha

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I don’t care that Brady is back, I’m just ready for the Bucs to turn back into poo poo.

Come on man, we had two good years after a decade of poo poo. Give us one more.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
gently caress yeah

https://twitter.com/CarmieV/status/1503214963569176577?t=PPnXRyopQ54OsYQHb7af9Q&s=19

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I just don't see how anyone can be mad

Aaron Rodgers and his bullshit was sad and irritating. This is just hilarious

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

We could all use a little normalcy these days. Thank you, Tom Brady.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
This is just another example of the older generation refusing to retire so that the younger generation can move into these good jobs. Sad.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it didn't make sense to retire now that there's only 1 other qb left in the whole conference. get past him next time and you get a free sb win over the cincinnati bengals who are going to 4 or 5 straight super bowls

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The cap is a myth

https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/1503217684921688068?t=41AIQT_1RFkmsm-Pp5M2Hw&s=19

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Bucs play the Rams this year so maybe Aaron Donald will send him back into retirement

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I hope the largest possible fish lands on Tom Brady's stupid head.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

The Saints and their cap magic have opened Pandora’s Box.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Cat Hassler posted:

Bucs play the Rams this year so maybe Aaron Donald will send him back into retirement

Bucs schedule is rough in general, Rams, 49ers, Cardinals, Bengals, Chiefs, Packers, Ravens, Cowboys. Thankfully the NFCS will be poo poo

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Right the Bucs only need to get to 8 wins to win their division. Brady can rest the entire month of December.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

wandler20 posted:

Bucs schedule is rough in general, Rams, 49ers, Cardinals, Bengals, Chiefs, Packers, Ravens, Cowboys. Thankfully the NFCS will be poo poo

Chiefs and Packers are in Tampa I believe. And I think the Cowboys might be a dumpster fire again.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The Saints and their cap magic have opened Pandora’s Box.

If all teams go in cap hell, they’ll just have to raise the cap for everyone. 4-D Chess.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Silly Burrito posted:

If all teams go in cap hell, they’ll just have to raise the cap for everyone. 4-D Chess.

Loomising

https://twitter.com/CarmieV/status/1503222135417888772?t=AMnRJChpB7e9E2rxGQjHdw&s=19

Now bring back Carlton Davis plz.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Called that Loomising coming.

wandler20 posted:

Free win against the browns though

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Ches Neckbeard posted:

They get the Seahawks at home too

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/1503168046621503492?t=PK8bs_Wj_YxFeN6yofBU_w&s=19

Neat

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Can you save the doom and gloom for the actual season?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Thank you Tom Brady. I've been feeling down and out ever since the Seahawks traded Russell Wilson and released Bobby Wagner, but you've given me hope that there are still good things that can happen in this world. Go chew on your cud, you GOAT, you've made my day :)

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Anyone remember when the brady retirement first 'broke' and a couple days later team brady was low key putting out stuff about it being unsubstantiated and he had made no such decision and nobody really wanted to run that message because it'd interfere with their hours of brady worship content?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Woozie66 posted:

Can you save the doom and gloom for the actual season?

I've been a comparative ray of sunshine and hope lately. The doom however is inevitable.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I hope the Rams break Tom in half next time they meet.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

quote:

Two intraconference games based on the prior year's standings (two games). These games match a first-place team against the first-place teams in the two same-conference divisions that the team is not scheduled to play that season. The second-place, third-place, and fourth-place teams in a conference are matched in the same way each year.

One interconference game based on the prior year's standings on a rotating four-year cycle (one game). These games match a first-place team from one division against a first-place team in an opposite conference division that the team is not scheduled to play that season. The second-place, third-place and fourth-place teams in each division are matched in the same way each year.

For some reason I had no idea this was how it worked. Teams with better results the previous year actually have a harder schedule by design? First in your division and you play the three extra games (the ones not decided by in-division and rotating division games) against three other first place in their division teams.

This is from 2002 so it's not news by any stretch of the imagination, I feel incredibly dumb for not having realized this. But somehow I thought those last two (now three) games were more random than that. These games are really a way to equalize competition, just like the draft and salary cap are.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Asproigerosis posted:

Anyone remember when the brady retirement first 'broke' and a couple days later team brady was low key putting out stuff about it being unsubstantiated and he had made no such decision and nobody really wanted to run that message because it'd interfere with their hours of brady worship content?

I remember when Tom Brady retired

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Is marriage that loving bad? Jesus

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
No matter how good you are, once you retire people eventually stop talking about you. Hard to walk away from that when you're practically an object of worship.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

shirts and skins posted:

Hail to the King, Baby

I remember when I was young and cared. Now it's like hey enjoy the soap opera of sports.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I hope the Rams break Tom in half next time they meet.

Openly rooting for the division rival that just knocked you out of the playoffs? And I thought Seahawks fans were down bad.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Oh hey, we probably get Mahomes/Brady 6 at least.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

brady/burrow 1

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1503339748915650560?t=AOAiFkperOrgDIe4DfhmPw&s=19

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Not really a ton of juice for today, huh? Going to be hard for JC Jackson contract news to really move the needle after this past week.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Coming to a long term deal will be far better for the Packers cap situation this year. Theoretically.

Bud light dog
Oct 1, 2021

by Hand Knit
RG3 / Man and his dog.

I wake up and 45 year old Tom Brady is coming back????

gently caress you. Ban me.

gently caress!

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Coming to a long term deal will be far better for the Packers cap situation this year. Theoretically.

It's inevitably being worked on in the background along with a bunch of others. It is worth noting however that Rodgers hasn't actually signed anything yet.