Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

remigious posted:

I feel like I’m in crazy town catching up on this discussion. Yeah I can see why people don’t like ghost but kid rock is objectively awful in every way.

kid rock has:

better riffs
better vocals
better politics
and he pays his band better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

better politics

:chloe:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Let’s not even go there.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Lol

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
Kid Rock loves his country. I don't know if the Ghost guy loves his country but if he does it would be Sweden. Yikes.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I think he loves america in the sense that it's ridiculously easy to bilk dumb fascist assholes here

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

the only country i love is Blashyrk

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Vargatron posted:

the only country i love is Blashyrk

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

do you not know how old your mother is?

buddy, I have to do math to remember my own age.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

better politics
are ghost loving nazis, bc i cant see this being true any other way

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Gio posted:

are ghost loving nazis, bc i cant see this being true any other way

As it happens, this is answered pretty straightforwardly by the new album itself. (Spoilered for politics) There's a direct reference to Donald Trump in both the lyrics of Twenties and the art piece for the song in the artbook packaged with the album (both of which are making fun of him and using him as an example of the kind of lovely imperialists the album is commenting on), and Tobias said directly that Griftwood is about Mike Pence's hypocrisy.

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

Lots of people ITT jealous that Ghost have more riffs and are a more popular metal band than whatever Sanguisudafed or Mortician they’re listening to these days

szary
Mar 12, 2014
Shut up about Ghost already, someone post some Bolt Thrower worship or something please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FZJuRKMo_o

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

I would listen to sanguisudafed

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ghost is fine. Kid Rock loving sucks. Bolt Thrower.

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

GHOST THROWER

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

You can like Ghost or not like Ghost but I think it's pretty clear theyre an arena/occult/pop rock band not a metal band.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Lifeglug posted:

GHOST THROWER

But with a nameless ghoul mask

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Lifeglug posted:

GHOST THROWER

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Can’t we come together in agreement that at least there’s no band out there that are worse than Steel Panther.

szary
Mar 12, 2014

EL BROMANCE posted:

Can’t we come together in agreement that at least there’s no band out there that are worse than Steel Panther.

Iced Earth

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

When the Night Falls is a banger song.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

EL BROMANCE posted:

five finger death punch

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Spanish Manlove posted:

five finger death punch

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Steel Panther does their gimmick really well tbh, Satchel is really sick guitarist

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Emmure is my personal pick for worst band of all time but FFDP are certainly up (or down) there.

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

Kilometers Davis posted:

Steel Panther does their gimmick really well tbh, Satchel is really sick guitarist

Unfortunately on top of it being a gimmick, they are also just like that.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Henchman of Santa posted:

Emmure is my personal pick for worst band of all time but FFDP are certainly up (or down) there.

Emmure at least have that one lyric that goes "I WANNA WATCH YOU SUCK HIS DICK" so I'm eternally thankful for that

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Henchman of Santa posted:

it's a close call tbh, wouldn't fault you for saying either or

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

I once pissed off some guy in a bathroom at one of the mayhem fests ffdp played at by mocking them. he seemed genuinely hurt that I said they sucked rear end

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

WoodrowSkillson posted:

I once pissed off some guy in a bathroom at one of the mayhem fests ffdp played at by mocking them. he seemed genuinely hurt that I said they sucked rear end

Please don't talk to other people at the urinals, especially when their pants are all the way down and they're holding their shirt up with their chin

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Nazzadan posted:

Please don't talk to other people at the urinals, especially when their pants are all the way down and they're holding their shirt up with their chin

but thats the universal sign of “cool dude that wants to chat”

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Nazzadan posted:

it was me talking to a friend, he was uninvolved in the convo and butted in to defend the honor of ffdp lmao

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Nazzadan posted:

Emmure at least have that one lyric that goes "I WANNA WATCH YOU SUCK HIS DICK" so I'm eternally thankful for that

Attila might be worse. And I don't even mean the attempt Billy Joel made at doing metal, which was also called Attila.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/rnwjwx/the-brilliant-lyrics-of-attila-guilty-pleasure (please ignore that it's from Vice, as Dan Ozzi is great)

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Lifeglug posted:

Lots of people ITT jealous that Ghost have more riffs and are a more popular metal band than whatever Sanguisudafed or Mortician they’re listening to these days

hey what's wrong with mortician, pal

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Id rather listen to 2 minutes and 50 seconds of 80s horror samples and 10 seconds of Mortician riffs than 3 minutes of Ghost

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

Nehru the Damaja posted:

hey what's wrong with mortician, pal

They got a drummer.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

szary posted:

Iced Earth

Something Wicked is a great album

Real shame about the batshit insane politics and Jon being Jon

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Kvlt! posted:

Id rather listen to 2 minutes and 50 seconds of 80s horror samples and 10 seconds of Mortician riffs than 3 minutes of Ghost

thats just good listenin’

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Spanish Manlove posted:

five finger death punch

emmure is cringe but they actually have really heavy songs. and they have joshua travis from glass cloud and the tony danza tapdance extravaganza who is a sick guitarist

ffdp is just cringe and bad and not heavy

would rather hang out w kid rock fans than ffdp fans