Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

aperfectcirclefan posted:

I have this random game on my Xbox series x. Does anyone know what it is

https://xbox-store-checker.com/en/game/compare/Beef-Beta/9mz23hq4rhqv

I think it's the beta for Rumbleverse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
beef.exe

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Arkham Asylum is sooooo good. I love that game

It really was the dog's bollocks. As soon as I completed it I immediately started another playthrough, which I don't think I've ever done before. I really wish Spider-Man was on Xbox, those recent games look amazing.

The visuals in these Division games are incredible, the volumetric lighting and fog effects are stellar. Gears of War would be a good fit for this engine - the movement system in Division makes GoW seem ancient. Was the character movement motion captured does anyone know?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

WattsvilleBlues posted:

It really was the dog's bollocks.

does that mean it was good or bad?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

good

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

WattsvilleBlues posted:

It really was the dog's bollocks. As soon as I completed it I immediately started another playthrough, which I don't think I've ever done before.

Same, on PC I pretty much played it through 3 times in a row when I first got it. What an incredible game.

Arkham City was great too but definitely not such a magical experience to warrant replaying over and over again.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i think i prefer arkham asylum because of the constraints. i don't really like open world games so the move to city and then asylum it just felt like more and more padding. the spiderman games are ok but similar buzz. at least they're fun to move around in. asylum will always be my fave.

TwoHeadedDeer
Nov 24, 2020

I will be made a new creature, one bright day
just realized tunic isn't coming to gamepass despite being a console exclusive. weird!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

For Phantasy Star Online 2, did everyone move over to New Genesis? When NG first came out, it was really bad, so I dropped PSO2 but I have been missing my level 100 character on original PSO2 .

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

priznat posted:

Finished Guardians of the Galaxy, what a great Game Pass game. I don’t think I’d replay it even for collectables but enjoyed the entire thing while playing it. Had some pretty emotional bits, kinda like the movies (especially the 2nd).

In really enjoying it, shame it didn't make enough money for Squeenix to allot resources to fix the many, many graphical and sound bugs.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Zat posted:

Same, on PC I pretty much played it through 3 times in a row when I first got it. What an incredible game.

Arkham City was great too but definitely not such a magical experience to warrant replaying over and over again.

Arkham City let me do this, which I'm pretty sure is murder https://youtu.be/9Xowdfl_a5U

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

it's da freakin baaat

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

In really enjoying it, shame it didn't make enough money for Squeenix to allot resources to fix the many, many graphical and sound bugs.

Yeah I got stuck on the geometry a lot especially when trying to backtrack. Not a huge deal because the checkpoints were frequent but still.

It's such a bummer that the Avengers game could have potentially been like this one.

e: also in Arkham knight the batmobile that automagically placed people you "hit" out of harms way was just hilarious storycrafting nonsense. Giving players a potentially lethal weapon (a vehicle) and then having to make it always nonlethal in the hands of game playing psychos is going to be an impossible nut to crack.

priznat fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Mar 14, 2022

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

concussive rounds

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

Ok Comboomer posted:

does that mean it was good or bad?

Think the reasoning is that they must be great because dogs are always licking them.

TwoHeadedDeer posted:

just realized tunic isn't coming to gamepass despite being a console exclusive. weird!

Had the same experience with Death's Door (which is now on Game Pass)

By the way, there's a spring spotlight promo going on, possibly US only, until April 10th (spend 50 bucks, get 5000 points). They're adding new games every week and I'm guessing that Tunic will be one of them. Just in case anyone is eager to get it.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Ruffian Price posted:

concussive rounds

no I meant even if you tried to run them over it would zort them out of the way with some kind of magnetic bumper BS lol

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

SpiderLink posted:

Think the reasoning is that they must be great because dogs are always licking them.

of course it's a british thing

in Americaland when something is described as "dog balls", it's generally understood to be, well , dog balls

like take a CVT for example. CVTs are rather dog balls

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

priznat posted:

no I meant even if you tried to run them over it would zort them out of the way with some kind of magnetic bumper BS lol

Those guys were totally fine! It's just a little electricity!

Just don't think about how they get launched into other vehicles or buildings when bouncing off your speeding vehicle. TOTALLY NON LETHAL!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

joylessdivision posted:

Those guys were totally fine! It's just a little electricity!

Just don't think about how they get launched into other vehicles or buildings when bouncing off your speeding vehicle. TOTALLY NON LETHAL!

Technically the building killed them! Not Batman! :haw:

I really liked Arkham City but I think I agree that Asylum was the best. It was just tight and focused whereas City went too nuts on the Riddler puzzles to pad the playtime.

The brawl fights in both are still my favourite melee combat in a game.

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
Xbox status: Winning

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

GotG keeps reminding me of a Disney ride. It almost plays itself, just pushes you through while fun things happen around you.

Great thing to flip to after beating my head against something in Elden Ring for an hour.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I could have done with like, 25 percent less dialogue in GOTG

It's mainly a problem in the bits where the amount of dialogue is clearly much more than the amount of time you'd spend exploring the area so you either move forward enough to cut everyone off, or just circle around like a dumbass

I just pressed a button to start an elevator thus starting a conversation about the elevator ride, and had it cut off because the elevator reached its destination faster than they could talk about it.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
IGN review for the Halo series. Once again, drat, it looks expensive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPw0UxVIpHY

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

How the hell do you get the series X GTA V? Not sure I want to but I can't even find it on the store.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

How the hell do you get the series X GTA V? Not sure I want to but I can't even find it on the store.

I think this is it? It’s still a preorder though, doesn’t seem to be out yet.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

It's up there on my local store. I think on release day sometimes it can take a little bit for it to show up as a new gamr after leaving the coming soon section?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It's funny how comparatively less spectacular the opening is today. Also I still really enjoy using the lock-on aiming to pop every head in sight.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

runchild posted:

I think this is it? It’s still a preorder though, doesn’t seem to be out yet.

Thanks, that link worked. Supposed to be available here as of just over an hour ago. (Australia)

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

priznat posted:

Yep I have the same issue, posted about it here. Super bright with the black levels all wonky and the colours don’t look as vibrant as the pc version. Other games look fine so I don’t think it is Xbox or tv issues, although I did try fiddling with the settings.

Googling didn’t turn up anything either so just living with it.

Hey I figured it out! It’s because I launched the game and played it for a bit on my PC (which does not do HDR) and then played it on my Xbox. Because it’s a Play Anywhere title, it was trying to sync my HDR settings from a platform that did not have any to one that did.

You can delete your save file from the Xbox cloud to fix this, or you can plug your PC into a HDR-capable screen and turn off HDR on it to fix it. To delete your cloud save you have to hit the hamburger button on the game on your Xbox, hit “manage game and local files,” go down to the saved data, highlight your save, hit the hamburger button again, and then hit “delete everywhere.”

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Pirate Jet posted:

Hey I figured it out! It’s because I launched the game and played it for a bit on my PC (which does not do HDR) and then played it on my Xbox. Because it’s a Play Anywhere title, it was trying to sync my HDR settings from a platform that did not have any to one that did.

You can delete your save file from the Xbox cloud to fix this, or you can plug your PC into a HDR-capable screen and turn off HDR on it to fix it. To delete your cloud save you have to hit the hamburger button on the game on your Xbox, hit “manage game and local files,” go down to the saved data, highlight your save, hit the hamburger button again, and then hit “delete everywhere.”

Whoaaaaa that must have been my issue too, I had played it on PC first too! I did find turning off Dolby Vision on the Xbox worked too, perhaps that reset the save file settings. I finished it that way (still looked great) but will keep that in mind if the issue pops up with other games in the future..

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

TwoHeadedDeer posted:

ID@Xbox games aren't guaranteed for Game Pass as far as I know. That said, a couple of Finji's games have been on Game Pass before so Tunic may also end up on it eventually.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Alright. Girlfriend got me a series x for Christmas and I just got a year of ultimate game pass. What are the best titles to grab and play?

I know it's a long shot but does anyone know if you can transfer a Skyrim savegame from the 360 to the x?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Alright. Girlfriend got me a series x for Christmas and I just got a year of ultimate game pass. What are the best titles to grab and play?

I know it's a long shot but does anyone know if you can transfer a Skyrim savegame from the 360 to the x?

If the 360 version of Skyrim is backwards compatible yes, but if you mean between different releases of the game not really.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You should throw Skyrim in the garbage and play Elden Ring. I don't even understand how you could ask this question.

Anyway there's all kinds of good poo poo for Xbox but because Microsoft is based and Sony is fail, I don't think there's that many Xbox exclusives to recommend. Check out game pass. Tetris effect ftw and Deedlit in labyrinth is epic as well though, those are the last 2 I played on game pass.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

How can you even compare Skyrim and Elden Ring. One is a fantastic and immersive gaming experience, the other one is Elden Ring.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Unfortunately not, the PS3/360 era versions of Skyrim were totally different to PS4/Xbox One.

As for gamepass, Skyrim is amazing with all the updates for Series X.
I’d also really recommend the Prey reboot

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

John F Bennett posted:

How can you even compare Skyrim and Elden Ring. One is a fantastic and immersive gaming experience, the other one is Elden Ring.

If there was any justice in this subforum the mods would destroy you for this.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Elden Ring continues to be the best game I have played in years. I wonder if this will have the endurance of like, a Skyrim

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Elden Ring releasing for $60 on the PS7 completely unchanged except it's in 8k and one of the NPCs has 3 new lines of dialog if you do an unexplained 6 hour quest before you see them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

If there was any justice in this subforum the mods would destroy you for this.

yeah mods being wrong is the usual trend so they should keep it up!!!