Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Does this mean that Garrison doesn't believe in the moon landing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

RoboRodent posted:

Don’t change the subject, do you believe in free speech or not!

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Thank goodness, now you don't have to draw any new characters or change anything in your world...

Isn't the status quo brilliant?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

RoboRodent posted:

He just needs all of the information so he can make up his own mind but the powers that be are suppressing it, why would they be doing that hmmmmm

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Discendo Vox posted:

Buddy he is literally on their payroll. If you want to spend an hour listening to Rall and Stantis, here's an episode of their podcast from the 10th where Rall explains why he draws for Sputnik. Note the present tense.
Oh I know he works for them! I didn't think that necessarily meant he would just toe the line so overtly. I more thought he was pathologically contrarian to the US and someone like that can be useful for a Russia if they want to disrupt the debate in the US (and they do). This goes way beyond that.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Murdstone posted:

I usually roll my eyes at the "Ted Rall is in the tank for the Russians" stuff but holy poo poo.

If only Ted Rall were in the tank with the Russians.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

RoboRodent posted:

Yeah that's pretty much exactly what I got out of that rant too. Garrison being a moon landing denier is extremely on brand for his kind of crazy, honestly.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem
It would be more surprising if Garrison DIDN'T believe that the moon landing was faked

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
Garrison is a conspiracy theory addict, I would be more surprised if he DIDN'T believe <insert any circulating conspiracy theory here>.

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

As somebody who decried both sides journalism when I was in school, seeing Garrison defend the practice is all the more vile. We have coddled these fuckers by saying the other side is always a relevant point in any discussion. Sorry, no the coal companies shouldn't get a say on climate news and we shouldn't have people arguing that the moon landing didn't exist against proof it happened. It is just mind bleeding to see him beg for his side to get the recognition of both sides!

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Twelve by Pies posted:

Actually that sounds extremely useful.

That was the whole point of Google PageRank initially, return search results that were from pages linked to by reputable pages, rather than just “this page contained this word”. It was supposed to downrank bullshit sites, at least that was the theory before it all got completely co-opted by the almighty advertising dollar. And of course “do no evil” morphed into “pay no tax”.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I wasn't sure I was supposed to be rooting for the furious, evil looking maniacs just shooting a harmless, seemingly sentient cartoon duck to death (and way more times than needed, at that), but then I remembered it's Ben Garrison.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

By popular demand posted:

Would glassing the entire region really count as winning?

Make radioactive glass and call it peace.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

RoboRodent posted:

Not yet, but as the soul of Dees slowly consumes Garrison’s, that will change.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Nick Anderson

Robert Ariail

Stuart Carlson

Jeff Danziger

Bob Gorrell

Phil Hands

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

Mike Lester

Joel Pett

Michael Ramirez

Tom Stiglich

Gary Varvel

Tony Branco

quote:

New World Disorder Putin Is Dangerously evil and Biden is Dangerously mentally deficient, both jeopardize the world.

Accubitus
Nov 7, 2020

Discendo Vox posted:

Buddy he is literally on their payroll. If you want to spend an hour listening to Rall and Stantis, here's an episode of their podcast from the 10th where Rall explains why he draws for Sputnik. Note the present tense.

Man i haven't visited the thread in a while... The two most talentless, insufferable political cartoonists have a podcast?? What kind of psycho would listen to that voluntarily? Holy poo poo.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Oh cool we’re back at “acknowledging gay people exist to children is the same thing as pedophilia”

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Hey Stiglich!

gently caress you!

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

this is shockingly good by Branco standards

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Oh cool we’re back at “acknowledging gay people exist to children is the same thing as pedophilia”
Republicans literally never left.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Making adults scared of talking about sex with kids is actually a great way to make it easier for pedophiles to act freely. If you're the victim of sexual abuse but you also know that adults will shut down any talk about sex, who can you tell about it then?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

See, a much more relevant movie reference - only 27 years ago!

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Recognizing the best Branco comic in years, really a tier above his usual

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

I like this cartoon a lot. I don't anything about the story but government blocking FoI is pretty much always a valid thing to be mad about. It's nicely drawn, the government goon is enjoyably lumpy, and the metaphor is pretty solid. My only complaint is that the goon is blocking... a farmhouse? Why not a pile of gold with "ILL-GOTTEN GAINS" or something. Make the Farmhouse look deluxe, at least.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

gently caress you. Migration and literal war are not the same loving thing.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Yes, age appropriate sex education has done tons of damage by teaching children about body autonomy and boundaries and how the human body works.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
I want to loving die dude, this poo poo sucks so bad.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

1 point deducted for copypasting the hands and grenade
1 point deducted for not including the sippy cup and Obamaprompter we've all come to know and love

Highest scoring Branco yet. :golfclap:

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Alhazred posted:

Making adults scared of talking about sex with kids is actually a great way to make it easier for pedophiles to act freely. If you're the victim of sexual abuse but you also know that adults will shut down any talk about sex, who can you tell about it then?

Considering how much projection they do, I'm assuming that it's just more of the same. Isn't part of the current Gaetz inquiry the allegations that he slept with minors?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Godzilla is innocent, so that's a bad analogy.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Ah, that Joe Biden, always starting wars with well known communist Vlad Putin! Well done Branco!

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

1 point deducted for copypasting the hands and grenade
1 point deducted for not including the sippy cup and Obamaprompter we've all come to know and love

Highest scoring Branco yet. :golfclap:

When it could have been just so easy to give Biden :obama: cufflinks, but that wouldn't have been boneheaded enough for Branco.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

I've been out of the politoon scene for a while and looking to get back in. have there been any major developments in the past few years?

did Tinsley die of liver failure? has Ramirez ever drawn Trump? is DEBT still the meta?

already regretting this decision

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

I have no idea who this random snake is, but they are the best character in Prickly City.

Meanwhile, lol, he literally just nuked that storyline.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

hooman posted:

gently caress you. Migration and literal war are not the same loving thing.

What? Isn't your house being shelled by Nicaraguans? Hasn't the Mexican military kidnapped your mayor? Haven't the Salvadorean tanks lined up to roll into DC?

What reality are you in?

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

pray for my aunt posted:

I want to loving die dude, this poo poo sucks so bad.

It's not even sex ed. It's "instruction on sexuality or gender identity." It's calling "Sally has two dads" or "some people aren't a boy or a girl" pedophilia.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Republicans are literally trying to genocide LGBT people, but here you are, clutching at your pearls and making false equivalences. gently caress YOU.

Kellies nomination: least disguised bigotry (LGBT).

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Wrex Ruckus posted:

I've been out of the politoon scene for a while and looking to get back in. have there been any major developments in the past few years?

did Tinsley die of liver failure? has Ramirez ever drawn Trump? is DEBT still the meta?

already regretting this decision

Tinsley still does the occasional Mallard, but it's mostly left to a guy called Fishman now. It's slightly improved from the Tinsley days, buy mostly because Fishman remembers to tell a joke.

Glenn McCoy retired. Gary McCoy still an rear end.

Ted Rall still a shithead, but now an actually payed by Putin Russia shithead.

Ben Garrison's brain is melting in new interesting ways since he got a bad case of Covid. Still not the new Dees, but getting there.

Gorrell still lazy. Payne still drawing cars with lots of text.

Branco still dumb and stupendously bad at art and metaphores.

Clay Jones and Mike Lukovich are good at caricature and decent at jokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

kartikeya posted:

I have no idea who this random snake is, but they are the best character in Prickly City.

Meanwhile, lol, he literally just nuked that storyline.

It looks like a Putin caricature to me, which wouldn't make much sense but what has in Prickly City these days?