Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

FizFashizzle posted:

Schefter gonna report the bucs are also interested.

They already were before Tommy came back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/rachelbonnetta/status/1503759889847525383?s=21

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Ryan has a 55 million dollar dead cap hit for this year AFTER a restructure the other day

posted:

The Atlanta Falcons are restructuring quarterback Matt Ryan's contract, lowering the $48,662,500 cap hit he was initially going to be at for the 2022 season by $12 million, according to Roster Management System.

The team converted $7.5 million of his base salary and a $7.5 million roster bonus that was initially due next week into a signing bonus to spread it out over more years to give the Falcons some more room to play with. Ryan's new cap number for 2022 is $36,662,500 and his new base salary is $8.75 million.

To do this, the Falcons added three voidable years from 2024-2026 totaling $9 million. Ryan's dead money for 2022 is now $55.525 million.

Atlanta, which was over the salary cap a week ago, now has $16,215,670 according to Roster Management System after Ryan's restructure and Monday's suspension of Calvin Ridley for at least the 2022 season for gambling on games. Ridley's suspension took $11.1 million off Atlanta's books for this season.

It's the fourth straight year the Falcons have restructured Ryan's contract. Ryan is under contract with the Falcons until after 2023 season, where his cap hit will be $46,612,500, but the potential dead money in the deal drops to $27,612,500.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

This makes me think the Browns think they are getting Watson and making room.

Also looks really lovely to release one of our most respected players to make room for a rapist if true.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

wilderthanmild posted:

This makes me think the Browns think they are getting Watson and making room.

Also looks really lovely to release one of our most respected players to make room for a rapist if true.

Two of our most respected players.

Jarvis and Tretter

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Yeah, not a fan of these Brownsy moves so far. I never really gave much thought to Watson to CLE because Browns, but the past couple days make me think it's even more likely. I'm terrified at what we'd have to give up outside a pile of firsts. Baker obviously, but probably Ward as well? Seems like we'd have to partially gut the team to add him. Not to mention he's a probable raper.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I don't really hate cutting Tretter as a cap space saving move in general. Nick Harris has been fine when he's stepped in.

Watson and to pad to TE room is what I hate.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1503763862469840901?s=20&t=lhOSTYjG-ySLYIDpmi-dFg

Big Whit going out as a Super Bowl champ

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1503765033326632960

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Rooting for the Browns to get Watson and trade Baker to the Saints for peanuts.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

YOLOsubmarine posted:

My mood would dramatically change if this happened.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1503771102316838916

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

What happens with Matt Ryan if the Falcons do get Watson?

Colts would love to have him

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Didn't the Falcons just re-work Matt Ryans contract and add more dead money if he gets traded?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

This is ludicrous. The Niners have no picks unless they're trading Trey Lance.
https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/1503773704412491776

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Diva Cupcake posted:

This is a joke at this point right?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This is a joke at this point right?

They know Houston loves them some ex-Patriots like Handsome Jimmy

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I would be fully onboard with this

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Diva Cupcake posted:

Ok what why 49ers.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jordan Schultz might just be full of poo poo.
https://twitter.com/PSchrags/status/1503776998912663555
https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1503777423564939269

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Me and Adarn Sechftor are reporting that Watson is planning to meet with the Green Bay Packers.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Watson is meeting with Real Madrid.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

My inside sources tell me the Saskatchewan Roughriders are putting together a strong package for Watson

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Hopefully he's also full of poo poo about the saints bring the frontrunners too. Right?

RIGHT!?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Browns: “Hm. Let’s get rid of someone who was all in with us in Landry….and our best thing is our O Line so let’s gently caress with that….what else can we set ourselves up with failure on? I know OBJ got a ring but let’s create a quarterback controversy in Cleveland so our moody sensitive QB can feel demotivated. Can’t have success.”

Fan: “Like are you getting bribed to be perpetual losers and humiliate yourselves and us and the city?”

Browns: “Teams are getting bribed to lose? You can do that? We were just doing it for free.”

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
I'm joining the Deshaun Doubters Club. A year of rust combined with the off-field stress, and now having to go to a new team and learn a new system. I predict he will have an average season and will absolutely not be worth the trade package that will be offered.

:hai:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Hey hey I'm supposed to be the doom and gloom one

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Hughmoris posted:

I'm joining the Deshaun Doubters Club. A year of rust combined with the off-field stress, and now having to go to a new team and learn a new system. I predict he will have an average season and will absolutely not be worth the trade package that will be offered.

:hai:

He’s 26, nobody trading for him is doing it for next season, they’re doing it for the next decade.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He’s 26, nobody trading for him is doing it for next season, they’re doing it for the next decade.

I stand by it. No way that sex pest is staying with his next team long term.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
In a sicko way I want the Steelers to swoop in and get him so I can focus all my hate on one team for the rest of this decade.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
This is terrible but it's good content etc...

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Still reeling that the Ravens signed a free agent under age 30

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Ches Neckbeard posted:

After 22 years of the Browns I do not understand anyone who is not doom and gloom about the Browns. Like were they born yesterday and just don’t know?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It’s me. I’m the one not doom and gloom browns fan.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1503795280755535874?s=20&t=_7kXk1Q7ISOOwVPCyO9pKQ

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

*smacks you on the head* BAD! Bad browns fan. you're only hurting yourself

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Play posted:

*smacks you on the head* BAD! Bad browns fan. you're only hurting yourself

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Still an all-timer.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

lemiserables_brownsfans.jpg will never not be hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Gatts posted:

Browns: “Hm. Let’s get rid of someone who was all in with us in Landry….and our best thing is our O Line so let’s gently caress with that….what else can we set ourselves up with failure on? I know OBJ got a ring but let’s create a quarterback controversy in Cleveland so our moody sensitive QB can feel demotivated. Can’t have success.”

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Hey guys been reading about the war what have I missed ou- *checks Twitter*