Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whiskey patrol
Feb 26, 2003

Cup Runneth Over posted:

lol that guy posted again

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3996741

once again the fuckin thread's locked before I can get my digs in!! gently caress you Smythe let us post

Just wait for the third thread. Gotta get in before :gas:

I love QCS the meltdown to post ratio is so high. Just the best self owns all over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
hi

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Someone find the Covid thread guy that talked about how sad his daughter was because his step daughter was allowed to go out and do things and she wants to play soccer like her sister and he keeps her inside then there is a post about them getting vaccinated and her asking if that means they can go out and him saying he “lamoed in her face” then like a week later he’s posting his daughter attempted suicide because that feels like the most hosed thing that happened in the Covid thread and it feels like no one ever noticed the extremely hosed up thread progression

:stare:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Dustcat posted:

my therapist: forums drama isn't real, it can't hurt you

forums drama:

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Someone find the Covid thread guy that talked about how sad his daughter was because his step daughter was allowed to go out and do things and she wants to play soccer like her sister and he keeps her inside then there is a post about them getting vaccinated and her asking if that means they can go out and him saying he “lamoed in her face” then like a week later he’s posting his daughter attempted suicide because that feels like the most hosed thing that happened in the Covid thread and it feels like no one ever noticed the extremely hosed up thread progression

you find it

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

TehSaurus posted:

These brigading concern trolls can get hosed, though.

lol

but for real shut down the covid and climate change threads

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

im searching my goons.123 file but not finding anything

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Cup Runneth Over posted:

nobody else keeps a spreadsheet of goons and their posts to track their thread progressions, it's just a stream of consciousness like all C-SPAM threads. you are lucky if anyone even reads the username before replying

I remembered because “I lamoed in her face” seemed so insanely cruel, it was some, “she asked if she could finally hang out with daddy again” type thing and it seemed so awful that it made it memorable

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I remembered because “I lamoed in her face” seemed so insanely cruel, it was some, “she asked if she could finally hang out with daddy again” type thing and it seemed so awful that it made it memorable

since you remember it so well how come you can't quote any of the posts

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Karl Barks posted:

Can I bribe a mod to close the COVID thread, do any of you take bribes

i don't think you have anything the mods want

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Dustcat posted:

personally i want

1) lawn chair
2) beer
3) TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats it

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
goth gf also however. dated reference but for me its still true.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Smythe posted:

personally i want

1) lawn chair
2) beer
3) TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats it

what about a ps5

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Smythe posted:

personally i want

1) lawn chair
2) beer
3) TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats it

Close the COVID thread and it can be yours

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

No promises on time tho

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Bluemillion posted:

I made the mistake of checking the C-spam thread. I guess after the 4chan nazis got their asses kicked the IRA went all in on internet leftists? How long do we have before C-spam is unironically supporting Donald Trump?
Like seriously we need to just straight up delete that forum before SA is responsible for some more bullshit.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Doublestep posted:

what about a ps5

last console i had was a wii for smash bro. honestly im very close to hanging up my gaming mouse for good.... sad but thats a little thing called getting old i guess

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Karl Barks posted:

Close the COVID thread and it can be yours

Done

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Are you trying to pull a fast one on me

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

cspam loves Donald Trump, correct

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Smythe posted:

last console i had was a wii for smash bro. honestly im very close to hanging up my gaming mouse for good.... sad but thats a little thing called getting old i guess

your time becomes more valuable as you get older yeah, i've completely transitioned to turn-based games i can pick up and put down easily like civ and xcom which has been a good strat so far

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

empty whippet box posted:

since you remember it so well how come you can't quote any of the posts

quote:

While I can control the environment at work and mandate masks for anyone who comes in, of course I can't do the same for this event for obvious reasons. Trip report from my wife who ended up going in her KN95 was that it was essentially a packed theater with few/no empty seats and 95% of attendees did not wear masks at all. Wife was like "yeah I totally get you not wanting to go to that but the kid's upset and you really need to go to some soccer games or something."

quote:

I know it sounds stupid but I’ve opted out of more than a few things now bc of school Covid policy being shortsighted and the resentment is becoming a problem. At some point apparently I’m going to have to do some real stupid poo poo bc the alternative is causing a serious rift with one or both of my kids

quote:

When MAI WIFE informed our kids after school that we got our 3rd shots the 14-year-old was like "does this mean dad will want to go out and do stuff again?"

Lol, lmao

quote:

So my 14 year old kid tried to kill herself last night.

(Name removed because it really seems like such a horrifically hosed up story told in the format of a series of posts but I still don’t want to directly helldump a guy for something like that.)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Smythe posted:

oh the gas chamber. never bothered me. they also used gas chambers for normal executions so I always thought it referenced that. I’m pretty sure it did actually. it’s kinda pearl clutchy that it got renamed but that’s alright, it’s 2022 I get it. the age of edge is ogre.
it still has the gas chamber sign it's just crossed out with spraypaint

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

(Name removed because it really seems like such a horrifically hosed up story told in the format of a series of posts but I still don’t want to directly helldump a guy for something like that.)

okay, here's what you said:

quote:

quote:

a post about them getting vaccinated and her asking if that means they can go out and him saying he “lamoed in her face” then like a week later he’s posting his daughter attempted suicide

nowhere in any of the posts that you quoted - at least not what you quoted here, but I'm assuming you'd include the direct quote if it was there - did he say that he "lamoed in her face". It seems like you're trying to use another forum member's child's attempt at suicide to attack them by distorting what they said into something monstrous because you have a grudge against a thread from which you are banned from posting. Do I have the right idea or am I missing something here?

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 353 days!

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

:kstare:

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Dustcat posted:

this thread should travel from forum to forum like the byob spaceship

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Look wouldn't it better to let people just say whatever they want about cspam posts

Let's just be accepting of all points of view when it comes to thread truths

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

empty whippet box posted:

okay, here's what you said:

nowhere in any of the posts that you quoted - at least not what you quoted here, but I'm assuming you'd include the direct quote if it was there - did he say that he "lamoed in her face". It seems like you're trying to use another forum member's child's attempt at suicide to attack them by distorting what they said into something monstrous because you have a grudge against a thread from which you are banned from posting. Do I have the right idea or am I missing something here?

oh my god shut the gently caress up

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Dead beat dad and the dog Bricker are here to give you the content you crave

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

I think we can all agree the piss tape is real, and piss tape denialists should be beheaded. This will bring all the goons back together and squash the drama.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Dustcat posted:

oocc just said some posters have children

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

oh no... who's going to tell him

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

oh my god shut the gently caress up

no you shut the gently caress up dad

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

that's me, the T.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

This is just a really sad story when it seemed like you were winding up some actually funny story. Was this supposed to be an own on the COVID thread or something?

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Lol its pretty great watching the randos trying to cherry pick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

what's wrong with you