Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
News:
https://twitter.com/jpafootball/status/1503902386485698563?s=20&t=2a3B76SZV4aVsoqWp9V-9w

Views:
Baker in Indy? Sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

We're gonna have a 5 way trade where somehow each team upgrades in QB by the absolute tiniest of margins.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Baker to the Colts would probably be great for both parties. Reich might be able to help Baker get back to his late 2020 form and Baker even when bad is still not Wentz.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I feel like Winston deserves one of these starting jobs. I'd rather have him than Baker or Wentz or Jimmy G.

Is this about Baker? lol
https://twitter.com/DukeJohnson_8/status/1503919071372492806

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Mar 16, 2022

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'd take Baker on the Colts. Let's make it happen.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Keep in mind that Baker has had the best backfield and a top 3 offensive line running a scheme that is famously friendly to QBs.

Baker has his moments and I like his moxie, but I think Carr is probably more consistent.

Codependent Poster posted:

I'd take Baker on the Colts. Let's make it happen.

Yeah I think he's probably somewhere between Wentz and Phillip.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I’m gonna go to sleep and wake up in 8 hours only to find that Derek Carr is on the Panthers, Watson is QB1 in Cleveland, and that the Saints sent a 4th round pick to Philly for Gardner Minshew, aren’t I?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Gonz posted:

I’m gonna go to sleep and wake up in 8 hours only to find that Derek Carr is on the Panthers, Watson is QB1 in Cleveland, and that the Saints sent a 4th round pick to Philly Cleveland for Gardner Minshew, Baker Mayfield aren’t I?

Yes

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Gonz posted:

I’m gonna go to sleep and wake up in 8 hours only to find that Derek Carr is on the Panthers, Watson is QB1 in Cleveland, and that the Saints sent a 4th round pick to Philly for Gardner Minshew, aren’t I?

Who is on the Raiders in this scenario

is it Sam Darnold

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

mcmagic posted:

I feel like Winston deserves one of these starting jobs. I'd rather have him than Baker or Wentz or Jimmy G.

Is this about Baker? lol
https://twitter.com/DukeJohnson_8/status/1503919071372492806

Winston only worked in New Orleans because Payton is a wizard. Whenever he had to move beyond his first read he held the ball forever. I assume some of that was down to coaching telling him not to do anything stupid and turn the ball over but if your response when told not to do anything stupid is to just refuse to throw a pass that’s a bad sign. Baker is theoretically fixable and for all of his problems Jimmy G still isn’t as turnover prone as Winston.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I think Baker's been a massive disappointment in the league. Not god awful, just not what people thought he was. League average to bad. He makes poo poo rear end decisions and can't hit guys in offenses built around quick passing high percentage throws. The only people who take less time to throw than Baker that are respectable are Brady and Rodgers, everyone else are broken vets or nobodies (and Tua). Not being able to hit a slant route sunk Rosen but not Baker in half the time.

He's also pretty much everything I thought Kyler would be and Kyler is everything Baker wishes he could be coming out of that Riley offense. Baker scampers constantly, gets hurt, misses wide open guys with his lovely arm, and can barely see the field. I don't know why anyone would be excited to have him, especially after all the injuries. Three labrum injuries that eventually needed surgery that kicked him out last year, broken ribs, concussions, hosed up his knee. If Kyler can't play hurt then Baker definitely can't. Even if he has an up year you're looking at dumping a poo poo ton of money into a guy who can't move his right side.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

a neat cape posted:

Who is on the Raiders in this scenario

is it Sam Darnold

It’s…

…uhhhhh….

*shuffles notecards*

……

……Chad Henne?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Doltos posted:

I think Baker's been a massive disappointment in the league. Not god awful, just not what people thought he was. League average to bad. He makes poo poo rear end decisions and can't hit guys in offenses built around quick passing high percentage throws. The only people who take less time to throw than Baker that are respectable are Brady and Rodgers, everyone else are broken vets or nobodies (and Tua). Not being able to hit a slant route sunk Rosen but not Baker in half the time.

He's also pretty much everything I thought Kyler would be and Kyler is everything Baker wishes he could be coming out of that Riley offense. Baker scampers constantly, gets hurt, misses wide open guys with his lovely arm, and can barely see the field. I don't know why anyone would be excited to have him, especially after all the injuries. Three labrum injuries that eventually needed surgery that kicked him out last year, broken ribs, concussions, hosed up his knee. If Kyler can't play hurt then Baker definitely can't. Even if he has an up year you're looking at dumping a poo poo ton of money into a guy who can't move his right side.

The torn labrum is on the left arm but otherwise this is entirely correct.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Eifert Posting posted:

I wish I was an ape. Hell, I would settle for New World monkey.

I have good news about the taxonomy of humans

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The torn labrum is on the left arm but otherwise this is entirely correct.

If he was playing through a torn labrum on his throwing shoulder I would have felt even worse for the guy, heh.

Yeah I don't think he's actually good, but you're looking at 2020 for his upside such as it is rather than 2021 is all.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Spoeank posted:

I have good news about the taxonomy of humans

Don't let Herschel hear you say that

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
FREE MINSHEW

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I'll take him

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Freedom is not given, it is earned.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
News:
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1503857694062657547?s=20&t=NOEJnDLZFkG1Vx70bHjE-A

Views:
:geno:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Poor Tyrod. Couldn't even bring in a qb to compete with Daniel Dimes just a bridge qb

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/bookofeli_nfl/status/1503812512218849280?s=21

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
lmao i just found out that the colts managed to trade wentz to washington for actual goddamn picks

what the gently caress is washington doing, how does wentz keep getting people to think they can fix him

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If the Browns sign Watson I will become a temporary Baker Mayfield fanboy.

Go Colts (if Baker goes there)!

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Yessss Haslam. Get more of these fucks on camera talking about what a great person Deshaun Watson is. Cmon Gayle Benson. Find a camera

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Woke up, see the Browns are still loving everything up. God drat being a fan of this team owns.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

GD_American posted:

Yessss Haslam. Get more of these fucks on camera talking about what a great person Deshaun Watson is. Cmon Gayle Benson. Find a camera

I think people here are really underestimating the average person’s view around this.

Check out these comments on this announcement that he’s interviewing with the Falcons:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbJbrEjo1Jw/?utm_medium=copy_link

I only saw one person point out the sexual assaults. The only “negative” comments was just saying QB wasn’t the problem or that Falcons couldn’t afford him. Whatever team he winds up on the majority of fans are going to love it and eat this poo poo up from the owners talking about he’s a great guy. Blank has done it too.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

TFF might be, as a collective pretty progressive on this, but the people here aren’t as unique as you think they are, either.

I’ve seen a lot of people on Twitter say that Watson sucks and they don’t want him because of the sexual assaults.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Mar 16, 2022

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Poor Tyrod. Couldn't even bring in a qb to compete with Daniel Dimes just a bridge qb

He'll be starting by like week 7.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Do you understand that the Browns will never win anything with him at QB?

Rings, of course

But they have won their only playoff game, since getting a team back, with him at QB, and that's not nothing until someone else does it there. And I sure don't blame anyone for feeling like that's not something you immediately want to gamble on when it took so long to get even that in the first place

Trying to move on from his 2021 was for the best (except for a rapist, that part sucks). Them making such a public show of it was, if not probably not for the best, certainly something that could have been handled better. Now it's at the point where they'd be stupid if they kept him after all this, and he'd be stupid if he wanted to stay after all this

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

For some reason I always pictured Haslam as having a Tom Selleck-esque mustache.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

boop the snoot posted:

I’ve seen a lot of people on Twitter say that Watson sucks and they don’t want him because of the sexual assaults.
Deshaun Watson is an awesome football player and teams shouldn't want him because of the sexual assaults.

Greg Hardy was an awesome player too.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Greg Hardy was an awesome player too.

He really kinda stopped being an awesome player after...well everything came out. Which is at least in theory a possibility here too.

Deshaun probably won't go on to have a pretty terrible MMA career at least. Christ looking it up Hardy fought again (and lost again) on March 5th.

quote:

Following three straight losses, Hardy was released from the UFC on March 12, 2022

Tough old world for Greg.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Grittybeard posted:

Tough old world for Greg.

gently caress em

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Browns alienating the most recent relevant QB they've had to try and pitch a guy with a no trade clause on joining the division with the Ravens, Steelers, and new and improved Bengals is the most Browns thing

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
News:
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1504082079973265415?s=20&t=3aCUtHprL3nOCVgIIfT_jw

Views:
Playoff team still whines when they don't get the ball in OT when their opponent scores TD and gets the 2-point conversion.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Double post, whatever.

News:
https://twitter.com/spotrac/status/1504088640758108164?s=20&t=XfSG4tWEFE945iIqzOXTmA

Views: Saints are the best in cap management in the NFL. :engleft:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/nfl/status/1504104465435086854?s=21

Maybe I should just stop paying attention for a month and just see what the gently caress is left after

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Android Apocalypse posted:

Double post, whatever.

News:
https://twitter.com/spotrac/status/1504088640758108164?s=20&t=XfSG4tWEFE945iIqzOXTmA

Views: Saints are the best in cap management in the NFL. :engleft:

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

https://twitter.com/nfl/status/1504104465435086854?s=21

Maybe I should just stop paying attention for a month and just see what the gently caress is left after

To be fair, he's expensive and lead the lead in drop percentage among TEs and WRs.