Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The Saints are creative as hell but also aren't paying a huge cap-destroying QB contract that usually necessitates these kinds of moves so iunno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

He really kinda stopped being an awesome player after...well everything came out. Which is at least in theory a possibility here too.

Deshaun probably won't go on to have a pretty terrible MMA career at least. Christ looking it up Hardy fought again (and lost again) on March 5th.

Tough old world for Greg.

his last UFC fight was extremely funny because he fought a bald, somewhat unassuming looking moldovan man who just grabbed onto him and never let him go, slamming him to the mat and pounding his head in to the point that greg looked like he didn't know the fight was over until his corner told him when he was on the stool

it was also extremely wholesome because jase1 bet 200k on hardy losing so he could buy his wife a maybach before he passes from cancer

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean, moving a bunch of money around to avoid being in crushing cap hell with no QB doesn't make you a genius, it makes you the Giants.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Kalli posted:

I mean, moving a bunch of money around to avoid being in crushing cap hell with no QB doesn't make you a genius, it makes you the Giants.

Until they trade for Watson :v:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Even if they get Watson, it’s not like they will suddenly forget how to move cap around.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Didnt they cut Armstead? Oh, OverTheCap still shows him on the roster because 2022 is a void year, but I thought he was the 31 year old T that is really good, who is waiting to sign somewhere because he wants to stay in NO.

edit: so yeah, he wasnt "cut" but he's in a void year, okay the tweet is right

AndrewP posted:

The Saints are creative as hell but also aren't paying a huge cap-destroying QB contract that usually necessitates these kinds of moves so iunno
Brees still has 11m dead cap hit this season lmao

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Mar 16, 2022

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Jared Goff and Todd Gurley made up 33 million of dead cap for the Rams in 2021

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

DariusLikewise posted:

Jared Goff and Todd Gurley made up 33 million of dead cap for the Rams in 2021
:stare: Hadnt Gurley been released.... 3 years prior?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

2 years prior, they designated him as a post-June 1st cut so his dead cap was spread over 2020 and 2021

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Drafted in 2015 (4 year deal)
Extended in 2018 (4 year extension)
Cut in 2020 with a June 1st designation to put that money into 2021

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Didnt they cut Armstead? Oh, OverTheCap still shows him on the roster because 2022 is a void year, but I thought he was the 31 year old T that is really good, who is waiting to sign somewhere because he wants to stay in NO.

edit: so yeah, he wasnt "cut" but he's in a void year, okay the tweet is right

From what I understand, he’s waiting to see what Watson will do. Although if he’s not on the roster at 3 today, all the dead cap accelerates. So it would behoove them to get a deal done now.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
It's official now. New MNF hosts.

https://twitter.com/ESPNPR/status/1504125363961667593

I'll still probably watch the Manningcast instead when it's available.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

https://twitter.com/nfl/status/1504104465435086854?s=21

Maybe I should just stop paying attention for a month and just see what the gently caress is left after

How will we ever find another 400yard te?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Re: Gurley and Armstead: Thank you for the replies and additional info.

Silly Burrito posted:

:barf: thank god for the manningcast.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
He's better now but I don't think Buck will ever rise to a level that makes me forget how bad he used to be so it'll be hard to listen to that

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

:barf: thank god for the manningcast.

Thinking about just how bad the weeks without a manningcast will be now.

That inevitable week 10 Giants - Vikings MNF game. Wooof

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

how many announcers have they had since tirico left

no wonder they wanted to throw the world at them

e: it's now 9 in the past 6 years, that ain't good

Vertical Lime fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Mar 16, 2022

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Put MNF back on ABC.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Joe and Troy are way better than the randos they had before tbh

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

gotta admit, this just feels right. aikman and buck are the modern voice of football and they should be on the marquee game of the week.

good for everyone.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

abelwingnut posted:

gotta admit, this just feels right. aikman and buck are the modern voice of football and they should be on the marquee game of the week.

good for everyone.

imagine giving a poo poo who the announcers are on a football game lol. i watch most of them on mute.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

mcmagic posted:

imagine giving a poo poo who the announcers are on a football game lol. i watch most of them on mute.

you represent maybe 2.5% of fans.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I don’t think there are many announcers who necessarily improve the game experience but there are some who can wreck it.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

fast cars loose anus posted:

He's better now but I don't think Buck will ever rise to a level that makes me forget how bad he used to be so it'll be hard to listen to that

Honestly, when he was on the Manningcast and didn't give a poo poo, he was pretty hilarious to watch.

Also whoever photoshopped that tweet gave Buck a sixhead.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I only want to hear Joe Buck on tv if he's paired with Artie Lang.

Or I guess anyone from Cum Town, that'd also be fine.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Silly Burrito posted:

This is probably the best MNF cast they've had in a decade.

Granted, the bar was so low as to be buried beneath the earth, but theyve failed to clear it in the past!

Silly Burrito posted:

Honestly, when he was on the Manningcast and didn't give a poo poo, he was pretty hilarious to watch.

Also whoever photoshopped that tweet gave Buck a sixhead.

Yeah, buck on his own is actually pretty good. It's Aikman that's so utterly terrible that he drags the whole thing down.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Phobeste posted:

Joe and Troy are way better than the randos they had before tbh

Joe yes, Troy needs to be put out to pasture instead of earning 18.5 million a year to say nothing on TV.

I mean I wouldn't mind if ESPN paid him that much to go away, it's not my money.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jesus loving christ those numbers

https://twitter.com/FOS/status/1504130212174389249

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

What the gently caress

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Rings equal riches

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

really queer Christmas posted:

What the gently caress

It makes so little sense that I'm just kind of laughing at it. I honestly don't think anyone likes Troy Aikman's announcing, at least over the last, oh, say, decade .

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Android Apocalypse posted:

News:
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1504082079973265415?s=20&t=3aCUtHprL3nOCVgIIfT_jw

Views:
Playoff team still whines when they don't get the ball in OT when their opponent scores TD and gets the 2-point conversion.

That sounds like a cool alternative to the usual OT rules. First team can gamble big to ice the game, and if they mess up the second team can still win with a TD and XP.

It's not going to happen of course but it's a nice idea in concept.

Could be spending all that money on Kevin Harlan smh

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Mega64 posted:

That sounds like a cool alternative to the usual OT rules. First team can gamble big to ice the game, and if they mess up the second team can still win with a TD and XP.

Could be spending all that money on Kevin Harlan smh

Hell, get Kevin Hart with that kind of cash.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mega64 posted:

I'm glad people are proposing changes. I'm not sure what I want, and I'm certain there will be a lot of people vocally complaining no matter what they do, but I'm glad the NFL is trying.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

abelwingnut posted:

good for everyone.

source your quotes

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It's pretty funny ESPN is paying that much for Buck and Aikman and a lot of weeks will have the Manningcast actively taking viewers from them.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Codependent Poster posted:

It's pretty funny ESPN is paying that much for Buck and Aikman and a lot of weeks will have the Manningcast actively taking viewers from them.

Can't wait until ESPN's solution to this is canceling the Manningcast

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

remember the witten year? lmao

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The Browns gonna Brown.

Tony Romo is the voice of the 2020s for NFL football.

Everyone would rather watch Manningcast anyway.

Aikman and Buck make everyone go to sleep they’re so boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Codependent Poster posted:

They’re thinking long term, since ESPN/ABC are getting Super Bowls in 2027 and 2031, and this contract will cover at least the first one of those.