Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Honestly, the Guardians are probably my least favourite endgame content in LA. The amount of effort and focus you need to put into beating a Guardian simply does not correspond to the reward you receive or the fact you should be running them twice a day if you want to be optimal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Decided to roll an Artillerist for a different playstyle from the hit and run Scrapper. Sounds like good gearing can be pretty budget friendly for Artillerist too with the transformation gems.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
That mecha scorpion guardian is absolutely terrible

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Lt. Lizard posted:

Honestly, the Guardians are probably my least favourite endgame content in LA. The amount of effort and focus you need to put into beating a Guardian simply does not correspond to the reward you receive or the fact you should be running them twice a day if you want to be optimal.

I feel like I should just get to T3 and then come back after and murder them all.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Lt. Lizard posted:

This changes in T3. They become way less effort and die faster (~5-6mins). I get that doesn't help now.

Part of the tedium is people not doing damage, too. You can solo most guardians in ~8-10 mins in T1/T2. Groups go slower because people aren't doing their part.

I like Calventus (the dragon guy) & Levanos (tree guy) in T2. I do them on alts when bonus accumulates.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Mar 16, 2022

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

QuantaStarFire posted:

I feel like I should just get to T3 and then come back after and murder them all.

that's kind of what I do, I don't care about min maxing anything besides dailies I suppose so I just let rested energy build up and knock out ez guardians for the soul harvest weekly. And when I want to progress and unlock more guardians I pick a carry group where the guy asks you to follow them on twitch to get in their party.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

drat, these T3 leapstones are selling like hotcakes. Seems like not a terrible idea to sell any and all of these I get that are tradable at the moment because I'm making a killing.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The thing I really hate is working on Rapport and Una's Tasks. I'm about to max out the Atropos rep but I still don't have the island soul.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

MarcusSA posted:

You can always just dispatch a guardian too. I have no idea the difference in rewards but if you really didn’t want to do it in the first place….

It feels like you get less rewards (and right now you don't get grand prix coins IIRC), but if the choice is between burnout on the game or doing a dispatch to avoid letting rest bonus overcap it really doesn't seem like a choice. Granted my guardian dispatches are coming back at B or A rank.

I like guardian raids but they're definitely the t1 content I'm happiest to let slide (on my Soulfist anyway) since it's such a crapshoot. Bard I'm more predisposed towards because I just plink away on my harp and don't have to worry about whiffing my spirit bomb or something.

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?
I really like Guardian Raids: it's like top-down Monster Hunter and I love me some Monster Gunter, but I have to admit that I find it really weird how skewed the rewards are. Unless I'm missing something, comparing the rewards that you get from a on-level Chaos Dungeon to an on-level Guardian Raid, the Guardian Raid gives an absolutely pathetic amount: practically a third of the rewards that a Chaos Dungeon gives. If I didn't like Guardian Raids just for the pleasure of doing them, I would absolutely question whether the juice is worth the squeeze, as it were: I mean, would I rather just do a Chaos Dungeon which is an absolute breeze even solo for tons of loot, or would I want to watch my team get wiped over and over against Nacrasena for a pittance once we finally win? Also I find it weird that Chaos Dungeons are technically infinitely repeatable past your daily two, while Guardian Raids aren't: I'd love to keep doing Guardian Raids and help people out but the system seems to be built against it (another case of the game not highlighting its best parts, being the combat and bosses).

(as an example, I got 125 DSF 350 GSF 10 HL from one Chaos Dungeon, while I got 40 DSF 150 GSF 7 HL from one Guardian Raid, with the only notable difference being the HL for Guardian Raids were unbound)

FutureCop fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Mar 16, 2022

feller
Jul 5, 2006

The rewards from guardian raid are unbound. That's why it has lower rewards and limited entries (and why I still bother with it).

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
The main reason to do Guardian Raids IMO is that the leapstones you get from it are unbound and can be sold on the marketboard. For T2 and T3, that's a pretty good chunk of gold to be made. T1 leapstones I'd just use to get your main/alt into T2 faster.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Tortolia posted:

It feels like you get less rewards (and right now you don't get grand prix coins IIRC), but if the choice is between burnout on the game or doing a dispatch to avoid letting rest bonus overcap it really doesn't seem like a choice. Granted my guardian dispatches are coming back at B or A rank.

I like guardian raids but they're definitely the t1 content I'm happiest to let slide (on my Soulfist anyway) since it's such a crapshoot. Bard I'm more predisposed towards because I just plink away on my harp and don't have to worry about whiffing my spirit bomb or something.

You do get less rewards. I can even say this as someone who got a SS rank for a dispatch on one of my alts.

FutureCop posted:

I really like Guardian Raids: it's like top-down Monster Hunter and I love me some Monster Gunter, but I have to admit that I find it really weird how skewed the rewards are. Unless I'm missing something, comparing the rewards that you get from a on-level Chaos Dungeon to an on-level Guardian Raid, the Guardian Raid gives an absolutely pathetic amount: practically a third of the rewards that a Chaos Dungeon gives. If I didn't like Guardian Raids just for the pleasure of doing them, I would absolutely question whether the juice is worth the squeeze, as it were: I mean, would I rather just do a Chaos Dungeon which is an absolute breeze even solo for tons of loot, or would I want to watch my team get wiped over and over against Nacrasena for a pittance once we finally win? Also I find it weird that Chaos Dungeons are technically infinitely repeatable past your daily two, while Guardian Raids aren't: I'd love to keep doing Guardian Raids and help people out but the system seems to be built against it (another case of the game not highlighting its best parts, being the combat and bosses).

(as an example, I got 125 DSF 350 GSF 10 HL from one Chaos Dungeon, while I got 40 DSF 150 GSF 7 HL from one Guardian Raid, with the only notable difference being the HL for Guardian Raids were unbound)

You can technically do Guardian raids over and over again, and you do get small drops of mats from killing the guardian outside of harvesting its souls. This is less efficient than infinite chaos dungeon, but the infinite chaos dungeon has a weekly limits for the shop that exchanges for the drops whereas I have not seen a limit to the drops.

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?
I understand that the Guardian Raids offer unbound leapstones as a difference from Chaos Dungeons, but again, it seems like a paltry amount considering the difficulty involved plus the fact that you'll likely have to use battle items like flares, potions, grenades and so on which cost gold to buy/craft makes me think whatever gold you get back wouldn't be a net positive (unless you avoid using battle items altogether, which would probably increase time spent and frustrate party members who think you're being a cheapass). Perhaps this is something where it starts to shine post-T1 but before then not so, like Hyper said.

I mean hey, I'll take any excuse to keep doing Guardian Raids: I like them. I just wouldn't blame a lot of people for wanting to skip it because the rewards seem meager compared to the difficulty and cost needed for items and such. If this is just a T1 thing, then I really wish something would be done to address this and make the newbie process easier, like making the starter maps be the more compact ones where you don't need flares and maybe push the monsters like Nacrasena which might need grenades to later tiers (and thus reduce party toxicity from the awkwardness of trying to be cheap and not use items). Let's not even talk about how there is a quest line that teaches you the intricacies of Guardian Raids and helpful tips on battling the monsters that can easily be missed because they're on an island in the middle of nowhere.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
early guardian raids are the perfect content to take advantage of the rest system with, 4 runs worth of loot for the price of 2 feels much nicer.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

YES bread posted:

early guardian raids are the perfect content to take advantage of the rest system with, 4 runs worth of loot for the price of 2 feels much nicer.

Yeah I have to agree with this.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

YES bread posted:

You can always ask for a carry in the "Find Party".

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Fyi the tier 3 bloodstones you get for beating chaos dungeons can be exchanged for tradable greater honor stones which on my server are easily selling for 800g a piece. The price of the stones goes up as you buy them so it's not as easy to buy a poo poo load but it's a really good money maker right now.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I actually quite enjoy guardian raids. Chaos dungeons are just really easy. You just spam all your aoe and everything blows up. Its rewarding but its really mindless. You can be half asleep watching youtube on a second monitor and still get through it. Guardian raids you have to at least focus your attention span a bit. Its also a decent group content experience. Chaos dungeons are so easy to solo there is no need to party up. Abyssal dungeons are once per week per dungeon. You don't really get to interact with other players that often outside of "LFG TOOKI." Guardians also lets you do your full rotation and you can see yourself improve mechanically fighting them. Are you interrupting more often? Did you land more skills? Did you get MVP? You can see the improvement in player skill the more times you run it.

You can also solo them for a bigger challenge. Its actually quite fun to do now and then too.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I am also a guardian raid liker. As a bard it's a nice challenge to try and carry a group of pubbies through a sort of pseudo raid boss and in the off chance that I get a group who knows what they're doing and we rip them to shreds in like 4 minutes it's especially fun.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

explosivo posted:

I am also a guardian raid liker. As a bard it's a nice challenge to try and carry a group of pubbies through a sort of pseudo raid boss and in the off chance that I get a group who knows what they're doing and we rip them to shreds in like 4 minutes it's especially fun.

If they shred it in 4 minutes, either you got an over item level carry or you are against Alberhastic with grudge 3.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Flair posted:

If they shred it in 4 minutes, either you got an over item level carry or you are against Alberhastic with grudge 3.

Or they are in tier 3 where the guardians have way less hp, or have dps that actually know what they are doing with actual gear. It's easy to kill most of the t2 guardians in 4 minutes if your dps have real gear + engravings.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

A t2 group that is geared properly and can push their buttons will easily kill t2 bosses in ~6 mins. I find that the problem is there a ton of people who don’t care or are terrible at the game.

In t3 I haven’t seen this issue at all and every guardian dies in 5 mins. I want to say it’s player quality but people I’ve run into so far are throwing flares, not running away from stagger checks, bringing potions, etc.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Flair posted:

I'm in T3 right now and every single Nacrasena group has been 4-6 minute kills. In T2 most bosses die really fast too. Alberhaustic is extremely fast in a small arena. Levanos (I really suck with these names! The tree guy) takes a bit longer because it takes 2 minutes to actually walk to the boss. But after that it also dies pretty quickly as its probably the easiest guardian in the game. Its just a walking target dummy. And I can't remember the earlier bosses because I was stuck fighting those two for the longest time getting to T3.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Velveteen posted:

I'm in T3 right now and every single Nacrasena group has been 4-6 minute kills.

I wish I could say the same but pugging on my alt I have seen some spectacularly bad people in t3. The day I hit 1302 on the character I went into the guardian at 1307 and had a 12 minute run where I was 52% of the damage.

Thankfully that's not the case very often but drat are some people horrible.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Cinara posted:

I wish I could say the same but pugging on my alt I have seen some spectacularly bad people in t3. The day I hit 1302 on the character I went into the guardian at 1307 and had a 12 minute run where I was 52% of the damage.

Thankfully that's not the case very often but drat are some people horrible.
That happened to me last night on my sorc alt. 1307, 1 ignite, 0 other engravings, 0 gems, 0 triports on gear, disaster stats, and I did >50% of group damage and was the only one killing scorpion adds. People died to standing their damage aura 4 times. I even typed something after first wave of lil scorpions and no one killed them anyway. It's literally the only mechanic in the fight: kill the little scorpions before their death aura activates and you die.

I was just doing t2 guardians on my sorc alt due to 25g-28g per 10 guardian stones & 80g leapstones making it roughly even with the scorpion, but with the market swings lately the t3 guardian is more profitable.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Mar 16, 2022

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
IIRC, you get something like around 30 destruction, 90 guardian, and like 2-5 leapstones per guardian raid, with higher ones in each tier giving slightly more. Plus a small collection of shards, ability stones and accessories. The destruction, guardian, and shard rewards are paltry compared to chaos dungeons obviously. But checking the prices for leapstones:

T1: 18
T2: 33
T3 normal: 263
T3 greater: 900

And compared to the cost of destruction/guardian for the tier:
T1: 5/3
T2: 12/5
T3: 60/39

It's a huge jump in value once you get to T3 as long as you sell the leapstone rewards.

FWIW, I found Levanos, Alberhastic, and Armored Nacrasena to all be substantially easier than all of the prior tiers. Vertus, Flame Fox Yoho, and Tytalos were all way harder, whether due to a combination of me doing lots of attempts at them when the player base was new at the game and/or undergeared as well as those fights just being badly tuned. But the last two T2 and the first T3 fights have been a lot more fun and well designed in my opinion. I average only about 1 potion use for Armored Nacrasena per run now as well.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Hyper Inferno posted:

IIRC, you get something like around 30 destruction, 90 guardian, and like 2-5 leapstones per guardian raid, with higher ones in each tier giving slightly more. Plus a small collection of shards, ability stones and accessories. The destruction, guardian, and shard rewards are paltry compared to chaos dungeons obviously. But checking the prices for leapstones:

T1: 18
T2: 33
T3 normal: 263
T3 greater: 900

And compared to the cost of destruction/guardian for the tier:
T1: 5/3
T2: 12/5
T3: 60/39

It's a huge jump in value once you get to T3 as long as you sell the leapstone rewards.

FWIW, I found Levanos, Alberhastic, and Armored Nacrasena to all be substantially easier than all of the prior tiers. Vertus, Flame Fox Yoho, and Tytalos were all way harder, whether due to a combination of me doing lots of attempts at them when the player base was new at the game and/or undergeared as well as those fights just being badly tuned. But the last two T2 and the first T3 fights have been a lot more fun and well designed in my opinion. I average only about 1 potion use for Armored Nacrasena per run now as well.

Good to know vertus is one of the harder t1s. I actually have to do one against him for my awakening v2 quest which annoys me. I've still got ur'nil as well because I just never bothered with guardians. How over geared am I for either of these if I'm at ilevel 580 right now? Staff is at 600, but otherwise 580. As can be seen, I've taken the more relaxed approach and have been just taking a slow run with just chaos dungeons (and just getting started with una lately) as dailies. Flipping to a more casual play has been wonderful after hear here how things go higher up.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Should I be focused on skill transfers now that I have access to T3 purple drops or are they not worth it until higher rarity? Am I understanding correctly that skills can't be transferred to higher rarity gear?

Aside from Anguished Isle are there other islands or hidden dailies I should be prioritizing at T3?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Hyper Inferno posted:

like 2-5 leapstones per guardian raid, with higher ones in each tier giving slightly more.

Before t3 it's 3 base leapstones then +1 for every higher guardian, so 10 for the highest one. T3 seems to be like 2.5 or 2.7 average base, then +1.75-2 for the next guardian, but then it converts to great honor after that.

It was far more profitable for quite a while to do the final t2 guardian than it was to do the first t3 guardian when t2 leapstones were still in the mid 150g range and t3 were only 300.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

JuffoWup posted:

Good to know vertus is one of the harder t1s. I actually have to do one against him for my awakening v2 quest which annoys me. I've still got ur'nil as well because I just never bothered with guardians. How over geared am I for either of these if I'm at ilevel 580 right now? Staff is at 600, but otherwise 580. As can be seen, I've taken the more relaxed approach and have been just taking a slow run with just chaos dungeons (and just getting started with una lately) as dailies. Flipping to a more casual play has been wonderful after hear here how things go higher up.

You don't actually have to fight vertus for that quest. Just go in solo and press G on a thing.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Vertus taught me as a Scrapper that it's not worth 100% uptime for auto attack swings if it means I'm going to eat attacks I can't dodge due to telegraphs being too fast for me to read (tail) or because I dodged something already and my dash is on CD (everything else). Especially because several of my skills can do literally like 200x the damage of my auto attacks (Death Rattle, Supernova) or at least like 10x my non level 10 skills and its better for me to just wait until they're available for me to press again instead of swinging away.

Regarding the market, it is also noteworthy that the limiting factor in T1/T2 seems to be shards more than leapstones, so the T1/T2 shard pouches sell for substantially more than T3 pouches. Enough so that its worth considering spending rift pieces on T1 maps instead of T3 ones even though T3 ones have a chance at much higher level engraving books.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

malbogio posted:

Should I be focused on skill transfers now that I have access to T3 purple drops or are they not worth it until higher rarity? Am I understanding correctly that skills can't be transferred to higher rarity gear?

Aside from Anguished Isle are there other islands or hidden dailies I should be prioritizing at T3?
Skills can be transferred. Purple weapon is worth switching to. Purple armor is ok too. With your abyss raid shards, sunset scales, you might want to save them because then you can buy 1370 accessories when you get there for a much larger power boost than the temporary armor set.

For tripods, you probably want to save +2s to inventory, copy it form inventory to what you're wearing, and then transfer +1s / gamble on lower value +2s rather than building +1s and trying to transfer +2 over.

edit: 100 edits for clarity because the terminology surrounding this is confusing and I massively misread your question. I'd also advise not to obsess too much over it currently, get some easy ones, throw on a few +1s, shove spares in your gear storage, etc. +3 and +4 tripods are on higher ilvl gear. These are a massive dps/etc boost so they're worth doing, but the current content isn't demanding enough & the gear isn't permanent enough to spend too much time on min-maxing it. Much better to learn the system & a cost effective strategy and then apply that knowledge later to save silver/dust.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Mar 16, 2022

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

yeti friend posted:

You don't actually have to fight vertus for that quest. Just go in solo and press G on a thing.

Oh, this is good to know then.

Also, looks like there is a patch coming in the morning.

quote:

Heroes of Arkesia,

Lost Ark’s weekly update will take place March 17th at 12 AM PT / 7 AM UTC / 8 AM CET with an expected downtime of 4 hours for all servers and regions. With this update, you can expect the following:

In-game event timers related to Daylight Savings Time changes will be fixed after Monday night’s hotfix did not resolve this issue. Players will need to have have DST enabled on their computers for the clock to appear correctly.
Because of the issues with in-game timers causing confusion around when the limited-time Arkesia Grand Prix event was taking place, we are providing all players with 3,000 Grand Prix event tokens. This currency will automatically be delivered to you Universal Storage.
We are also aware of a bug that prevents players from participating in the Arkesia Grand Prix if they try to complete the event quest with a character that is under level 50. Although this will not be fixed in this update, we are working on fix to go out during the event period.
For users that ran the Tytalos Guardian Raid while it was bugged, we will provide compensation for items that may have been lost. This exact compensation will vary per user since players will have consumed different items during their raid, but may include the following:
Awakening Stones
Consumable Battle Items
Phoenix Feathers
Blue Crystals
These items will be delivered to your Universal Storage after the maintenance is complete.
We appreciate your patience, and we’ll let you know when servers are back online.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
After failing a lot at 1096, I finally got to 1100 this morning and rushed Punika today only to be still at 1100 because I can't do any more chaos dungeons (needed them to hit 1100) and I can't get 1302 gear ant other way.

So now we have weekly reset and I can't buy out the shops of t3 materials before that. RIP. Looked oh AH and it looks like there's only purple gear there that requires 1320. Feels bad.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Man, I like this game's endgame in theory, but something about it just didn't hook me and I think I'm gonna give it up for now before hitting T2. Might be because folks in lost ark are quiet as gently caress and I like being social. Feels like more of a single player game than something like POE even though I'm grouping drat near infinitely more.

Deki fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Mar 16, 2022

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

SweetJahasus posted:

So now we have weekly reset and I can't buy out the shops of t3 materials before that. RIP. Looked oh AH and it looks like there's only purple gear there that requires 1320. Feels bad.

That isn't even real gear, it's broken items just for tripod transferring.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

SweetJahasus posted:

After failing a lot at 1096, I finally got to 1100 this morning and rushed Punika today only to be still at 1100 because I can't do any more chaos dungeons (needed them to hit 1100) and I can't get 1302 gear ant other way.

Yeah, I bought some mats on Saturday to be sure I hit 1302 before the reset. Sucks that you missed it by less than a day, tha's super annoying.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Deki posted:

Man, I like this game's endgame in theory, but something about it just didn't hook me and I think I'm gonna give it up for now before hitting T2. Might be because folks in lost ark are quiet as gently caress and I like being social. Feels like more of a single player game than something like POE even though I'm grouping drat near infinitely more.

In a similar boat. Vykas is a small server so not a ton of people to even be social with, my usual game partner burnt out before I even hit 20 let alone 50, and right now it's a lot of "do 5 minutes of something enjoyable, then slam your face into the wall of unpleasant questing or into unfun Guardian Raids until you give up for the day". I'm mostly playing on the basis of inertia and of depression killing off the desire for anything "new" from my backlog. No idea if I'll make it to T2 but odds aren't looking great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Deki posted:

I would just do your two chaos dungeon runs each day and leave it at that. So if you ever do want to come back for real, you won't be behind.