Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Kalli posted:

So you see the reaction to the Seahawks being incredibly salty whiny little turds over Wilson

Then I see this and go okay, yeah, maybe they have a point.

https://twitter.com/DangeRussWilson/status/1504235494481305604

This is really testing my “any picture with Ciara in it is cool” theory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Lol'ing at Browns fans taking a moral stand about Watson.

Other than the Chiefs, is there a team that cares less about off field issues? Maybe Dallas?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

MrLogan posted:

Other than the Chiefs, is there a team that cares less about off field issues? Maybe Dallas?

Ravens and Steelers track record is rocky.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

I need to come back to how absolutely insane letting this statement out there is. You don't even have your next QB yet and you're talking down about your trade asset. God loving damnit dipshit rear end Jimmy Haslam you silver spoon rear end in a top hat go be content with loving up Vols football.

MrLogan posted:

The team that engaged in sex trafficking

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1504245639193968642

Thanks, but uh, we're good.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Sounds more like a passive insult to Baker than anything else.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I can’t see any way Watson goes to Atlanta. They have no assets besides Pitts. Watson would be a moron to waive his NTC to go there with a poo poo team.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Unequivocally NO.

No, Lions. NO.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
This season has more QB swapping than any other one that I can remember.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Take him, Lions

Do it.:unsmigghh:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I’m not sure why Baker or the lions would want that

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

CharlestheHammer posted:

I have no idea. It's awful for both parties.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

Hey Jimmy might have another tantrum and send picks

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

CharlestheHammer posted:

Neither do I. I just want the dumbest/most nonsensical thing at all times.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

https://twitter.com/postingtwink/status/1503858693124857862

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Oh, Baker to the Lions then Goff to the Colts is kinda spicy

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Nodoze posted:

Oh, Baker to the Lions then Goff to the Colts is kinda spicy

The colts probably think they can plug in a QB and win this year. They aren't doing that.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

fartknocker posted:

People notice if announcers are really good or really bad, and the slate of people they had after Tirico left PBP, or the color guys after Gruden left, AFAIK all got various levels of negative responses from even casual viewers.

But did ratings budge?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

my theory is: I don't think it's as much about "quality" as it is about having big recognizable people that make the game seem like a big deal

I couldn't tell you if Ian Eagle was any worse than Nantz in terms the technical aspects of calling a game, but I know Nantz gets the big games and it feels more like an "event"

MNF has been severely lacking that prestige

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Ratio'd trying to sell tickets lol

https://twitter.com/Browns/status/1504239767138942976

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

DeimosRising posted:

But did ratings budge?

A bit, yes. The ratings were dropping a few points each year, with the low point being in 2017 where they averaged about 10 million viewers a game. That was the second year with Sean McDonough doing play-by-play and Gruden's last year doing color. Gruden by that point was clearly checked out, while he and McDonough never had chemistry. 2018, the infamous year of Jason Witten, Joe Tessitore, and the Boogermobile, did mildly better but was boosted a good bit by the infamous 54-51 Rams-Chiefs game being one of highest rated MNF games ever on ESPN.

Of course, all the ratings talk is also related to cord cutting and MNF getting a number of sub-optimal games some of those years, and those probably had a bigger impact on ratings than anything. However, the Tirico-Gruden pairing was very well liked, particularly during Gruden's early years when he was still having fun and talking about Grinders and everything else. Once Tirico left, Gruden was clearly looking to going back into coaching, and he never had much chemistry with Sean McDonough, who was mostly bland. Jason Witten was uniformly panned in his one year, Booger McFarland was not well regarded in the two years he was involved (One on the sideline, one in the booth), and the Steve Levy-Louis Riddick-Brian Griese trio of the past two years was meh and everyone avoided them and watched the Manningcast whenever it was available.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
It's stupid that we don't have Tirico consistently calling premier games.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

He's a sex pest so I'm good if he never does

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

We may have that again next season, since I don't think Al Michaels has confirmed whether he'll be back with NBC next year and Tirico joined them knowing he'd be next in line for SNF whenever Al decides to retire or go elsewhere. IIRC, Amazon was rumored to be trying to get Michaels for the Thursday Night package.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Codependent Poster posted:

He's a sex pest so I'm good if he never does
This is what I was about to ask because I could swear remember hearing that he was a total creep.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1504249286871105541?s=20&t=_y9Sh6RkennEU3rqbU4Jng

We wait another day to find out who the serial assaulter wants

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Ravens and Steelers track record is rocky.

Ravens only do murder and domestic violence, no thanks to the serial rapists

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

This is what I was about to ask because I could swear remember hearing that he was a total creep.

He was a real piece of poo poo early on at ESPN not sure if he got better but like "follows a producer on the interstate" and "literally groped another one". Not just crappy words

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Baker to the Lions brings up the question "is Mayfield better than Goff?"

:thunk:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Android Apocalypse posted:

Baker to the Lions brings up the question "is Mayfield better than Goff?"

:thunk:

“Is a broken femur better than a broken hip?”

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I don't know if that comparison is working the way you intend because a femur heals a lot easier than a hip.

Then again, who's the femur and who's the hip in your analogy?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Y’all can admit you’re hoping Watson will come to your team if he’s rumored to be on the fence about joining. It’s a safe space

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Amy Pole Her posted:

Y’all can admit you’re hoping Watson will come to your team if he’s rumored to be on the fence about joining. It’s a safe space

I’m not hoping for this actually, I think it would suck a lot.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I’m not hoping for this actually, I think it would suck a lot.

Same. I would legitimately prefer that he go to a divisional rival.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I think Watson is gonna be dogshit what with taking a year off committing crimes

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

ozymandius1024 posted:

Same. I would legitimately prefer that he go to a divisional rival.

Yea, there’s “regular football player bad” like Brady or Rodgers and there is “serial rapist bad” and I can absolutely root for the first, but not the second.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Amy Pole Her posted:

No. If he’d signed with the Seahawks I’d have checked out for the year. Rather have Drew Lock and a 3-14 season

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

I have accepted that my destiny is Handsome James and the fanbase will delude themselves into thinking this is a huge get

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

When Adrian Peterson beat his kid I was disgusted but I just sorta pushed it outta my mind when I watched the Vikes play and rooted for them anyway :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the last few seasons have basically checked me out of the panthers for the most part, going after watson is enough to get me to just watch college football and whatever random NFL games are airing in my market next year