Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/1504505656115609606?s=20&t=Xdq1OLSlXLOruSPsQQaGRQ

Saints have a type, and that type is sexual assault

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
the absolute most ridiculous scenario of the Texans somehow loving up AGAIN and not getting a trade done for Watson is now on the table with the added bonus of three franchises looking like asses and two of them alienating entrenched starters, lol

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fast cars loose anus posted:

the absolute most ridiculous scenario of the Texans somehow loving up AGAIN and not getting a trade done for Watson is now on the table with the added bonus of three franchises looking like asses and two of them alienating entrenched starters, lol

I'm honestly gonna be pretty thrilled if the end result of this is everyone who dirtied themselves with it comes out covered in poo poo.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Yeah it feels weird to root for the Texans to get assets out of this because justice is frankly that he never plays again and we have a mortgaged franchise that sucks wildly for a decade but I can't bring myself to want that

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Deshaun Watson maybe does get some credit for potentially permanently ruining the relationship between the teams shameless enough to go after him and their starting quarterbacks. In at least two cases (Saints and Panthers don't count since they don't have starting quarterbacks, real ones anyways).

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Is their PR department still helping the Catholic church deal with rapes too?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

FizFashizzle posted:

22 months pursuing a player, staying involved during a massive sex pest scandal, going out of their way to signal they’d do anything and trade anyone to acquire him, then him just blowing you off at the 11th hour for a team without wide receivers or a team that waved a wand to create cap space.

Incredible. loving incredible.

*swirls glass, sniffs*

excellent meltdown, god bless TFF

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I won’t know if this is true until I speak to my uncle who works at Nintendo.

https://twitter.com/lemonpepperkev/status/1504508817853370375?s=20&t=hqn4DTO65FFXqMITFjrWQg

Also,

https://twitter.com/kylepitts__/status/1504511933512310787?s=20&t=42Yo_j86joQFm4HTmDnH_A

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Silly Burrito posted:

I won’t know if this is true until I speak to my uncle who works at Nintendo.

https://twitter.com/lemonpepperkev/status/1504508817853370375?s=20&t=hqn4DTO65FFXqMITFjrWQg

Coming this summer, the long awaited sequel to MattRyan.txt

Play
Apr 25, 2006

god it would be hilarious if the Falcons don't get Watson and Matt Ryan just straight up refuses to play for them

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Baker should play lights out next year and go sign elsewhere after using the Browns to drive up his price. Just more suffering for the worst team in sports, the Browns.

It is for the best. I don’t even think Baker is good but the most Browns suffering will happen.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Gatts posted:

Baker should play lights out next year and go sign elsewhere after using the Browns to drive up his price. Just more suffering for the worst team in sports, the Browns.

It is for the best. I don’t even think Baker is good but the most Browns suffering will happen.

The most suffering is a repeat of Kirk Cousins in Washington.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Gatts posted:

Baker should play lights out next year

heh

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

who's gonna ssssssssssstop this offense

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Maybe Sam Darnold will finally be good this year

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

fast cars loose anus posted:

Oh man, this would be the best of all worlds. Watson would not play another season and potentially even retire and gently caress off from the NFL, and the Browns and Falcons have to deal with the fallout of their idiotic decisions, which would be aptly fitting for both those franchises (Browns making boneheaded decisions, Falcons being a combination of unlucky and incompetent).

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Browns deserve this.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
The Falcons pissing off Matt Ryan of all people, who is like the most bland, inoffensive, plain white bread guy there is, is hilarious. Imagine how much poo poo he put up with over the years and this is what did it

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
There's a strong chance Atlanta and Cleveland just swap Baker and Ryan, and I'd honestly be fine with that.

I feel like Baker isn't good enough to have earned this drama.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'm kinda curious if the QB insanity is more chaotic than usual seasons. For the record...

Teams Already Set On Their QB:

Chiefs
Raiders
Chargers
Ravens
Bengals
Bills
Patriots
Jets
Titans
Jags

Rams
Cardinals (for now)
Packers (barely)
Vikings (lmao)
Lions (probably)
Cowboys
Eagles (for now)
Bucs

Teams That Bounced Between QBs In 2021 But Have Their 2022 Starter

Texans
Bears

Teams That Traded For Or Signed A QB

Broncos
Steelers
Commanders (lmao)

Teams With A QB Competition Down The Line

Dolphins
49ers (technically in here, they're probably trading Jimmy G though)
Giants

Idiot Teams That Pissed Off Their Current Starter

Browns
Falcons

Who The gently caress Knows?

Colts
Seahawks
Panthers
Saints

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Collins Collins Collins Collins Collins Collins Collins

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mega64 posted:

Teams With A QB Competition Down The Line

Dolphins
hahaha what?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Eifert Posting posted:

Collins Collins Collins Collins Collins Collins Collins

...Landon

Play
Apr 25, 2006

It's a three way battle between Tua, Bridgewater and Chris Streveler :eng101:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

At this point the Colts should just go for Matt Ryan.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Codependent Poster posted:

At this point the Colts should just go for Matt Ryan.

I've always felt like the Colts were what you would get in create a team if you didn't touch any of the sliders and Matt Ryan is what you would get at quarterback if you didn't touch any sliders. They're perfect for each other.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/nfl_dovkleiman/status/1504514559113109508?s=21

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

The Dolphins hate Tua. Where ya been?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

For that one unhurt game, he’ll be great.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Spoeank posted:

who's gonna ssssssssssstop this offense

The field conditions

Play
Apr 25, 2006

don't do it Julio. Remember 28-3

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Play posted:

with like . . . rape jokes? :ohdear:

enormous projection. welp, see ya

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Ok so Im an idiot again on cap stuff

La'el Collins released but designated as a post June 1... so is he still on the team til June 1? Or those dates dont mean anything actually any more?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1504533651584806926

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

welp $8.75m a year did seem too good to be true

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1dUk8x2XkA

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

22 months pursuing a player, staying involved during a massive sex pest scandal, going out of their way to signal they’d do anything and trade anyone to acquire him, then him just blowing you off at the 11th hour for a team without wide receivers or a team that waved a wand to create cap space.

Incredible. loving incredible.

Dude said for 21.5 of those months he wasn’t interested in the Panthers at all and finally gave in to hear them out.

Me thinks your beef is moreso with whatever beat writers were making up stuff.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Did Z fail a physical?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

bows1 posted:

Ok so Im an idiot again on cap stuff

La'el Collins released but designated as a post June 1... so is he still on the team til June 1? Or those dates dont mean anything actually any more?

He’s a free agent now. Dallas doesn’t get to use the cap savings until after June 1. So as of right now, Collins dead cap is the full amount and then will split on June 1. It’s basically a courtesy to the player so they can be part of the main free agency market, but teams have limited designations they can use for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Brady is convinced that if he, a 70 year old, still has it, other over the hill players do to. It seems to be working because overperforming veterans love to be told that they're worth it for the right price, but also because a lot of these dudes are actually still totally serviceable if you have Brady throwing to them.

Bad for league parity, good for lots of TDs.