Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Mazerunner posted:

way way back in house of wolves era D1 there was a great high-impact pulse called hopscotch pilgrim that could drop from strikes. I grinded for days to get one, but thankfully HoW had reforging so I could dump a poo poo load of materials to reroll and get a god roll.

I had it for like, a week, before Bungie announced that:

-current gear would be capped going into Taken King
-pulse rifles would get a nerf
-hopscotch would be moved from high-impact into another archetype

Hopscotch got changed from high impact to mid impact. That patch not only made high and mid impact pulses trash but made the low impact/high rate of fire pulses that had been trash up to that point some of the best PvP weapons in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
Trying to run the legendary campaign on my other characters, and boy, I knew devour was strong, but I didn't realize how much I was depending on it until I didn't have easy access to it on my titan.

Could not complete the boss fight with the scorn barron. I may have to drop to normal difficulty for the rest of the campaign. Since I've already completed legendary on my warlock it's not a huge deal. I'm already above the 1520 armor, so all I'll really miss is the free exotic reward which I'll get from an LLS later.

Haven't started with the hunter yet, maybe easy vanish will be better.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Listerine posted:

Buddy and I are trying to 2 man the legend campaign and we're at Savathun, what are some good strats for the phase with the three lucent hive guardians at the end? We're running void warlocks if that matters.

What my sister and I did was toss a super at Savathûn at the start then hang out in the two nearer, larger towers in the corners and plink at her while it recharged. You can shuffle from opening to opening and dodge most of her attacks. When the ads spawn one of us would go clear out their side while the other tried to aggro Savathûn, then clear the other side, then back to plinking. When we got to the lightbearer hive we'd focus fire the warlock wizard and the titan knight with our supers and then go after the hunter with heavy.

There's also recessed/submerged areas along the sides of the map you can also use for cover.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Listerine posted:

Buddy and I are trying to 2 man the legend campaign and we're at Savathun, what are some good strats for the phase with the three lucent hive guardians at the end? We're running void warlocks if that matters.

If you're not dead set on only running void, I'd suggest one of you running stasis with agers. Being able to lock down your big targets intermittently is huge. It seemed to be easier to knock out the wizard then the titan and hunter for that last part since the goddamn wizard just goes everywhere anyway and is full of bullshit lol.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Yeah definitely knock the wizard out first as the other two are massively easier to hide from when they pop super

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

So apparently there's a way to get in and look around the entire raid (and I know there are a couple of other people here who've expressed interest in that), but it's written in reddit and I have no idea what the hell they're on about.

https://reddit.com/r/raidsecrets/comments/tgzzux/visiting_xita_the_nurturing_worm_vod_irb/

How is that any different to just dying normally? It kind of seems like the infinite glitch thing is just you die, and then don't get out of bounds errors? Or is there a whole underlying theory i'm missing out on?

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
You kill yourself in a specific place (that is itself usually difficult to get to) over and over again until your ghost happens to put you somewhere else. That’s it.

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012

Hobnob posted:

Could not complete the boss fight with the scorn barron. I may have to drop to normal difficulty for the rest of the campaign. Since I've already completed legendary on my warlock it's not a huge deal. I'm already above the 1520 armor, so all I'll really miss is the free exotic reward which I'll get from an LLS later.

You can hop onto the pustule things that light up as long as you haven't popped them in a couple of areas and it completely ruins the boss's pathfinding. Witherhoard the boss right before breaking a crystal to drop his immunity shield and go hide/clear adds.

Witherhoard is also clutch in the Savathun fight with the three hive guardians since you can tag with it and hide from everything other than the wizard.

Toozler
Jan 12, 2012

Hobnob posted:

Trying to run the legendary campaign on my other characters, and boy, I knew devour was strong, but I didn't realize how much I was depending on it until I didn't have easy access to it on my titan.

Haven't started with the hunter yet, maybe easy vanish will be better.

The free exotic can actually be a penalty since your are stuck with a 48 roll adding it to your entire loot pool instead of getting a guaranteed mid-60s roll (and a Recovery Armorer ghost mod) from LLS. I'm going through Legendary on Titan now also, for fun I guess (?!?), double chests just feels better.

Beat the baron by just running in circles like a madman and plunking him with Witherhoard and Vortex grenades. Pop a barricade for overshield when you break the third rune and he invariably runs right up your b-hole before you can run away. I used a sword for the rune yellow bars

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’ve done that fight Legendary on Warlock and Hunter, Warlock is just about sprinting and always having devour refreshed as you clear, Hunter is literally just “I am invisible, you do not see me, I will delete you with my laser, I am invisible again” and even with that ez mode I still died to him like 6-7 times because the range and AoE of his melee is completely bullshit!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
There's a nasty surprise awaiting anyone who starts Crafting Vow of the Disciple raid weapons

You need large amounts of Drowned Alloy, which come from Dismantling vow of the disciple raid weapons. Dismantle 1 weapon = 1x Drowned Alloy

Crafting a raid weapon is 5x drowned alloy
Adding a Masterwork frame is 12x drowned alloy
Each enhanced perk is like 3-4x drowned alloy (some confusion here)

To craft, masterwork, and enhance a single raid weapon, you'll need to Dismantle about 24 raid weapons.

TL;DR Never ever ever use a Vow of the Disciple raid weapon as Infusion Fuel. Always dismantle it! (if you're not going to use it)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Unless it's your highest light in that slot, in which case don't do any of those things until you have a replacement

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

There's a nasty surprise awaiting anyone who starts Crafting Vow of the Disciple raid weapons

You need large amounts of Drowned Alloy, which come from Dismantling vow of the disciple raid weapons. Dismantle 1 weapon = 1x Drowned Alloy

Crafting a raid weapon is 5x drowned alloy
Adding a Masterwork frame is 12x drowned alloy
Each enhanced perk is like 3-4x drowned alloy (some confusion here)

To craft, masterwork, and enhance a single raid weapon, you'll need to Dismantle about 24 raid weapons.

TL;DR Never ever ever use a Vow of the Disciple raid weapon as Infusion Fuel. Always dismantle it! (if you're not going to use it)

lol by the time you have enough drowned alloy it's probably next season, and at that point it's been removed. At least bungie admitted in this week's twab it was a rushed system and doesn't work.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

lol by the time you have enough drowned alloy it's probably next season, and at that point it's been removed. At least bungie admitted in this week's twab it was a rushed system and doesn't work.

Drowned Alloy is here to stay!

The goal is to ensure you still need to raid even once you've got the shaping patterns.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I forgot Iron Bananer doesn't match you to similar LL. Been a real slog this week being 1525ish playing against 1555+'s. Powered melee/shield bash does about half shields and they just OHKO regular punch me in return. Also thanks for putting the 1400 LL guys on my team too!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Xûr's DMT looks fun, subsistence & high cal.

Colony, ahamkara grasps, and peregrines should make iron banner fun, dogshit rolls though.

Ikelos is good, eternal blazon's decent if you need an arc scout, wishbringer's alright

Legendary set is 2 seasons ago lightkin set, stats still bugged.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The goal is to ensure you still need to raid even once you've got the shaping patterns.

The screenshot says the opposite tho

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Roctavian posted:

The screenshot says the opposite tho

Drowned Element =/= Drowned Alloy

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Pretty sure you can one shot everything not a raid boss with void and peregrine greaves now.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's really not that bad.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Coldforge posted:

It's really not that bad.

I don't think so either, and I hope my post didn't come across as a complaint. Just an FYI that raid weapons produce a precious resource when dismantled!

(it's brutal if you ever wanted Crafting to be a good way to "experiment" with rolls, though)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's become very clear that crafting was never intended to be that and never will be, it's for people who will google the community-recommended best roll and craft that and only that

So they made crafting take so long that by the time a lot of people have done that the meta has shifted and they have to start over

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

haveblue posted:

It's become very clear that crafting was never intended to be that and never will be, it's for people who will google the community-recommended best roll and craft that and only that

So they made crafting take so long that by the time a lot of people have done that the meta has shifted and they have to start over

Disagree. It's become very clear that crafting was designed in a different way, didn't work due to technical reasons, and was shipped with a wholly different, compromised but functional mechanic instead.

It's something to interact with only casually until several patches have been completed and they get it to where it needs to be.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Coldforge posted:

It's something to interact with only casually until several patches have been completed and they get it to where it needs to be.

How long did it take them to unfuck transmog? I figure It’ll be about the same for crafting.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'm thinking that crafting will eventually absorb the concept of Adept Guns, too.

Crafted guns already get the Adept-style masterwork stat bonuses, and they are kind of dueling concepts with both trying to be the "endgame version" of a gun. I wouldn't be surprised if eventually Shaped Guns can use Adept mods and there are no longer (Adept) weapons.

GMs and Lighthouse chests would simply give their version of Drowned Alloy to ensure you have to keep grinding even once you have the Pattern.

Master Raids would be tricky to reconcile here but those are an objectively bad idea and I hope M-Vow is the last one we ever see. Make them give Extra Drowned Alloys & Artificer Armor if they have to keep existing.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Coldforge posted:

Disagree. It's become very clear that crafting was designed in a different way, didn't work due to technical reasons, and was shipped with a wholly different, compromised but functional mechanic instead.

Sure, but it's never going to be the go hog wild and play with every possible roll of that gun on a different day feature. They want a crafted gun to be an investment so it's always going to take a long time to get a top roll on it, whether you're starting from scratch or from a different top roll

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Drowned Element =/= Drowned Alloy

Oh goodness

Edit:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

How long did it take them to unfuck transmog? I figure It’ll be about the same for crafting.

It didn’t take very long, but transmog was a simple thing since it has almost no game balance implications. The issue with transmog was that there were unnecessary “middle management” materials and busywork steps, that people felt the seasonal caps were too low, and folks felt they were being pressured to spend silver. The only change was streamlining the number of steps and materials. I’m sure there’s still folks who say it sucks, but a couple seasons of passively doing bounties has been enough for me to get ornaments of all my favorite armor pieces and I have a half-dozen transmog mats besides the ones I have yet to earn in S16.

Weapon crafting on the other hand is getting a similar material streamlining thing, and that’s gonna help, but there’s all these other considerations like what others are posting about today.

Roctavian fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Mar 18, 2022

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

my reaction to doing the raid for the first time last night was "this is awesome" followed by "and I am never bothering to min/max anything from this" after seeing that all the guns each need 5 red border drops to even begin crafting one, having gotten a total of 1 from the clear

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

my reaction to doing the raid for the first time last night was "this is awesome" followed by "and I am never bothering to min/max anything from this" after seeing that all the guns each need 5 red border drops to even begin crafting one, having gotten a total of 1 from the clear

You can get 2 guaranteed red drops per week, one of which you get to choose.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
It is funny reading their interviews in August/September of last year, when they had their crafting concept figured out but hadn't run in to the mechanical issues that led to the system we now have. The one that really stuck with me was,

PC Gamer: If I grind enough will I eventually be able to unlock every single perk on a gun?

Blackburn: Yes

Obviously that didn't end up being possible so now we have the system where random drops are for experimenting and Crafting is for producing your one, final version of a gun.

The system is an interesting look under the hood of Destiny, too. Your guns receive a new Item ID when you reshape them, so as far as the game is concerned, that is a totally new item you just pulled out of thin air, with manually-set values for Weapon Level and Kill Trackers

Roctavian posted:

Oh goodness

Bungie will never pass an opportunity to reuse the same word!! I got a kick out of running Blind Well and having the word Harmony appear as three separate buffs in the corner

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Obviously that didn't end up being possible so now we have the system where random drops are for experimenting and Crafting is for producing your one, final version of a gun.

It's kinda awesome thematically that we're literally creating our own "final shape" whenever we craft a weapon.

Are... are we the guns?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Depending how generous you are defining "gun," yes. We're a soldier risen from the dead to destroy everything we're pointed at.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Tbh I'm not shocked that a system that would have had to track either all the perks you have unlocked on a per gun basis or per perk basis didn't end up being workable. That sounds like a lot more storage overhead than what we ended up with.

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012
I haven't been paying too much attention to the season of the risen storyline, do they ever say what that big chandelier thing is?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I haven't seen one enhanced perk that made me say " I want to waste time crafting this". Aw man gotta get enhanced ALH for that .03 second quicker reload. Rampage lasts one extra second? Sign me up!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Aqua Dracula posted:

I haven't been paying too much attention to the season of the risen storyline, do they ever say what that big chandelier thing is?

The Hive have been suckin' the Light right outta the guardians and filling the chandelier pods with it.

The chandelier was supposed to transport savathun's throne world onto the moon or something?

The plotline certainly came and went, quickly!

(FYI - knock out all the PsiOps Triumphs - many of them give a guaranteed redframe weapon which helps learn the Patterns)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

RBX posted:

I haven't seen one enhanced perk that made me say " I want to waste time crafting this". Aw man gotta get enhanced ALH for that .03 second quicker reload. Rampage lasts one extra second? Sign me up!

Some are AMAZING (enhanced ALH reloads a rocket in exactly the same amount of time that it takes to fire a Honed Edge Izanagi shot, Rampage lasts 30% longer, etc), some are pretty decent (Moving Target gives a little bit more AA, Vorpal gives you half a "Loader" glove perk for free, etc) but then there are some total duds like enhanced Chain Reaction that literally does nothing, at all.

I wouldn't suggest that you go spend hours farming up a pile ofAscendant Craftballs just for the sake of it, but I would suggest that you spend Craftballs on Enhanced Perks whenever able. They don't do anything sitting in the inventory & there's no use for 'em other than crafting enhanced perks!

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I've been assuming some are bugged and others will get changed so just waiting til then. I don't get enough time to play right now to even worry about it yet anyway.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah I think most people are "waiting" on one thing or another with Crafting, whether it's more mats, more patterns, systematic changes, etc. It's a nice little layer they've added atop the game, but definitely not a reason to log on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Just squeaked by on the glassway 1550 nightfall. Hoo boy those wyverns. I can't even imagine that on master/grand master