Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
ABAB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Way to piss off matt Ryan

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Don’t you loving dare

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Lmao do it Browns

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Could Watson still get suspended? Roethlisberger and Elliott both got suspended for conduct even though they weren't facing criminal charges. Or will the NFL consider last year as time served or something like that?

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”
I’m not really a meltdown poster but this is essentially the only thing that realistically could eclipse the Zach Smith incident within my rooting interests. Until Watson doesn’t make it to the team, gets cut, retires, or leaves the roster in some way, I am done. Frankly, until the Haslams sell the team, I am done. I would have taken 0-18 with anyone else. I would have kept paying for Sunday ticket in perpetuity just on the faintest glimmer of hope. There is literally no meaning to any of this sport beyond entertainment, but that doesn’t mean it’s fine and dandy to enable a man with a record number of credible accusers to make a Forbes wealthiest list on his guarantees alone.

So, in lieu of making GBS threads my pants about an objectively unethical and immoral move that has effectively soured me on a team I’ve spent 25 years on, I figure I’ll give toss this to the crowd. Help me pick my new team!

- Cincinnati
Pros: Lived there for 7 years, wife is a native and rabid fan, lots of college players I loved, deeply funny brand of football
Cons: I hate the chili, this would guarantee my wife and I have the same emotional responses to games, Mike Brown, Zac Taylor, Mike Brown

- Chargers
Pros: I live here now, Justin Herbert is what I platonically want QBs to do when they get to the league, mindlessly aggressive defense, similar playoff success to the browns
Cons: that division, feels bandwagon-y, similar playoff success to the browns

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

Could Watson still get suspended? Roethlisberger and Elliott both got suspended for conduct even though they weren't facing criminal charges. Or will the NFL consider last year as time served or something like that?

I think that's all but a guarantee.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Diva Cupcake posted:

This probably fucks over the Lamar Jackson contract negotiations a bit.

Sure doesn't help!

For as much hemming and hawing has taken place over Lamar's mama being his agent they've made a lot of money by waiting things out. At this pace he's going to double Josh Allen's career earnings.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

I am worried that owners were willing to go all out for him because reasonably confident that he wouldn't, or it wouldn't be much if so

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

SKULL.GIF posted:

In theory. Look into your heart and tell me the answer though

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

fartknocker posted:

Cleveland Clowns

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Dashaun Watson’s music:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oEpZMUR32XU

HouseOfLeaves99
Mar 20, 2009
Since Falcons won't be good this year, I want ultimate chaos. Try to get a Stafford like trade for Matty Ice. Let him go off and try to win behind a line that won't kill him.

Draft a WR and as many defensive guys as possible.

Sign Jarvis Landry.

Sign Kaepernick.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Sure doesn't help!

For as much hemming and hawing has taken place over Lamar's mama being his agent they've made a lot of money by waiting things out. At this pace he's going to double Josh Allen's career earnings.

If they ever had the chance to do Josh Allen's contract plus a million or two and lowballed him instead, they hosed up.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

hell fuckin yeah he's perfect for this offense

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

As much as I'm ashamed that my team went all in for a rapist, I'm in so much relief they didn't get him I can live it for now.

I want Atlanta to grovel to Matt Ryan, but really, I'm willing to start Feleipe Franks every game if that means that Deshaun Watson is not on my roster.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Well, I'm convinced!

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

TheGreyGhost posted:

I’m not really a meltdown poster but this is essentially the only thing that realistically could eclipse the Zach Smith incident within my rooting interests. Until Watson doesn’t make it to the team, gets cut, retires, or leaves the roster in some way, I am done. Frankly, until the Haslams sell the team, I am done. I would have taken 0-18 with anyone else. I would have kept paying for Sunday ticket in perpetuity just on the faintest glimmer of hope. There is literally no meaning to any of this sport beyond entertainment, but that doesn’t mean it’s fine and dandy to enable a man with a record number of credible accusers to make a Forbes wealthiest list on his guarantees alone.

So, in lieu of making GBS threads my pants about an objectively unethical and immoral move that has effectively soured me on a team I’ve spent 25 years on, I figure I’ll give toss this to the crowd. Help me pick my new team!

- Cincinnati
Pros: Lived there for 7 years, wife is a native and rabid fan, lots of college players I loved, deeply funny brand of football
Cons: I hate the chili, this would guarantee my wife and I have the same emotional responses to games, Mike Brown, Zac Taylor, Mike Brown

- Chargers
Pros: I live here now, Justin Herbert is what I platonically want QBs to do when they get to the league, mindlessly aggressive defense, similar playoff success to the browns

Go for the home team

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I'm glad I can watch Texans games again

Now to see what the Texans have looked li-

oh..... oh no.....

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

TheGreyGhost posted:

- Cincinnati

- Chargers

Got to go Chargers their. Cooler uniforms, not previous division rivals, a little bandwagony but not the extreme bandwagon of a team that just went to the Super Bowl, and still have a shot of rooting for your team's first Super Bowl win.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Intruder posted:

oh..... oh no.....

You've stared at the abyss for far too long.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Come on Browns. Make this an even funnier offseason and DO IT.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

TheGreyGhost posted:

- Chargers

this is the way. enjoy!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

TheGreyGhost posted:

- Cincinnati

- Chargers

charge

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/status/1504916849317724160

:hmmyes:

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Wow, when was the last time the Steelers weren't the least likable team in the division?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

AFC North went from Big Ben to Deshaun. Is there some weird obligation to have the worst human being playing quarterback in the division at all times?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

from a browns board

quote:

Deshaun Watson taking off the “help wanted” sign outside the Browns stadium. He sees Baker Mayfield bags packed, his wife quietly crying as they are heading out. Baker and Deshaun see each. Baker yells out “you the new guy?” DeShaun nods. Baker responds “Treat her with respect…” and throws the keys to the stadium to Deshaun. The keys fly over Deshaun’s head. Emily Mayfield crying slightly harder now. Then Baker says “don’t do anything I wouldn’t do” and Deshaun yells back “Like getting slurped in the parking lot of a Cheesecake Factory?!” Silence for a moment, then they both crack up laughing… Emily now full blown sobbing. The walk away. Then you hear Deshaun on the phone “Hey Alexis it’s me… I got the place to myself and my hamstrings are tight, wanna come over”

TITLE CARD:
PROGRESSIVE

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

oh..... oh no.....

Davis 'Thrills' Mills gonna be Cooking up some touchdowns.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Traxis posted:

Wow, when was the last time the Steelers weren't the least likable team in the division?

Ravens

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

SKULL.GIF posted:

Yes, Tom Brady was suspended for no reason

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

kiimo posted:

from a browns board

loving lmao

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

kiimo posted:

from a browns board

How desperate are they?!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

Yes, Tom Brady was suspended for no reason

Tom Brady fan finds way to bring up Tom Brady

Also he was suspended because he is a cheater OP

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Holy poo poo they need to give off work to follow free agency.

This is just frothing at the mouth insanity hour by hour

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/MarkMaske/status/1504918457971847171?t=sgN-Jq0Bq5x5DlDDtKDy-g&s=19

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Lmao what an idiot

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

a match made in hell:

https://twitter.com/BauerOutage/status/1504919205098897408

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Wow it takes a lot to get skip to serious post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

kiimo posted:

hell fuckin yeah he's perfect for this offense

Imagine the tik toks he can make with Mahome's brother