Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Clip-On Fedora posted:

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1502765413339381762?cxt=HHwWhICyrc7L8topAAAA

Seth Abramson's top ten hardman truths about The War In Europe:

1. America is now in a world war.

2. If Donald Trump again becomes president in January 2025, America will lose the war we are currently in with Russia and our democracy may collapse.

3. All this is complicated by the fact that what we’re witnessing is the start of the second genocide in Europe (cf. Bosnia) since the Holocaust.

4. No one in the U.S. government, NATO, or the European Union believes Ukraine can win this war.

5. The fact that Russia can stay in Ukraine long-term—and can weather sanctions long-term—underscores a key indicator that we are in a world war: global alliances are already shifting dramatically in response to the crisis in Ukraine.

6. The costs of the current world war may be more than Americans are willing to bear—and if a majority of Americans come to wrongly feel it’s President Biden rather than Putin and his allies (including Trump) who have brought the world to its current pass, it will punish the Democrats and reward the Republicans. In doing so, it would play into Putin’s hands.

7. Putin has no exit strategy.

8. Biden’s administration is publicly in denial about much of this.

9. Yes, America’s so-called “culture war”—launched by Republicans as a cynical rhetorical exercise in the 1990s, but ultimately reified as a discrete, personally and politically profitable phenomenon—is relevant to the ongoing war in Europe. This means political discourse in the U.S. is even more entwined with Russia’s invasion of Ukraine than we realize.

10. Everything now happening is only the beginning.

it is our duty to help donald trump get elected, as it is the only way to end this war before it escalates into nuclear war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

my brain flushed this down the memory toilet, but you just had to bust out the plumbing snake

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

"The Jonas Brothers are here. (Applause.) They're out there somewhere. Sasha and Malia are huge fans. But, boys, don't get any ideas. (Laughter.) I have two words for you -- predator drones. (Laughter.) You will never see it coming. (Laughter.) You think I'm joking. (Laughter.)" -- Barack Obama at the White House Correspondents Association Dinner, May 1, 2010

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

she'd be a pretty good match for him, after all she's got a lot of creative ideas on where to stash rock in

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
My seattle political lib friends are now all pushing to remove the lenin statue in fremont and I think i've hit maximum stupid lib poo poo for the day.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tfw the knife-missile is already on its way

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Frankie Boyle had a joke about the trump presidency redefining what 'presidential' means, as in "my uncle slipped and cracked his head on the sidewalk, doctors say he's been rendered completely presidential."

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

silicone thrills posted:

My seattle political lib friends are now all pushing to remove the lenin statue in fremont and I think i've hit maximum stupid lib poo poo for the day.

tell them putin hates lenin and leaving it up is an act of defiance — he'd want it to come down

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

tell them putin hates lenin and leaving it up is an act of defiance — he'd want it to come down

That requires an ability to process higher-level concepts beyond "Russian anything is bad."

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

That requires an ability to process higher-level concepts beyond "Russian anything is bad."

yeah i'm also in seattle and i was talking to a coworker the other day who thought russia is still communist lol

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

yeah i'm also in seattle and i was talking to a coworker the other day who thought russia is still communist lol

i can’t remember which thread it was posted in, or who originally posted it, but someone said “Slav and communist are the same word in my language” and it makes me chuckle once in a while. >40% of americans still think russia is communist ffs

lol gently caress how do you fight that

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

silicone thrills posted:

what? lol
e: related

https://twitter.com/carmenbest/status/1504645154833010690?s=21

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fly Molo posted:

lol gently caress how do you fight that

Anybody got a billion-dollar media empire lying around?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Azathoth posted:

lmao yes we can

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

stay out of this thread bitch

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
someone post that picture of biden and his brother looming at each other like two skesis

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Dr. Killjoy posted:

she'd be a pretty good match for him, after all she's got a lot of creative ideas on where to stash rock in

lol

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Azathoth posted:

It would be funny as hell if this was the reason Obama didn't step in to help Biden until the last possible moment.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Raskolnikov38 posted:

what da gently caress

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Fly Molo posted:

oh come on what did he do this time

pathetic mods can’t handle one tiny hosed up communist? free larry

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

https://twitter.com/johncardillo/status/1319077381685055488?s=21

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

It's this.

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007

… yeah that privilege curdled fucker looks like a really fun bad idea

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Frankie Boyle had a joke about the trump presidency redefining what 'presidential' means, as in "my uncle slipped and cracked his head on the sidewalk, doctors say he's been rendered completely presidential."

that's how we've been using it on cspam for 5 years now

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

AmiYumi posted:

I can’t believe the Bad Thread has spent over 24 hours of the regulars making GBS threads themselves and rolling in it, while the only mod active so is laser-focused on shutting down Tara Reade chat they didn’t realize public threats after a single on-topic post would just Streisand Effect the whole thing. Now that we’re in day two, they’re posting “oooo, wait until Dad gets home!! :argh:” at all mentions of Reade while allowing the rest of the thread to stay derailed

oh wait no, of course I can believe that, it would be dumb to expect anything but

Okay, this was in fact the funniest possible result of all the “you’re gonna be sorry when Daddy Koos gets home!!”-posting

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

AmiYumi posted:

Okay, this was in fact the funniest possible result of all the “you’re gonna be sorry when Daddy Koos gets home!!”-posting

I saw the unread post counter skyrocketing at work and didn't have time to look, I guessed more pedophilia defense instead of rape defense. Kind of impressive that "if belief in homeopathy is disqualifying for a candidate what about credible rape allegations?" can stump a forum full of the best and brightest.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
D&D Delenda Est

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I havent read the bad thread in ages - what page do the lols start on?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

wonder if this guy is a Tom Brady fan

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

silicone thrills posted:

Those Putin lovers just want to destroy the rest of Lenin's legacy along with Ukraine.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

i liked the video. i like arnold. guess im a lib. =/

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Smythe posted:

guess im a lib. =/

Tell us something we don't know, nerd

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
lmao at Koos swooping in to let everybody know that it's actually totally okay to discuss the Tara Reade you just need to do so within an extremely narrow context and if the mods interpret you as doing so for any other reason then it's probable.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
*rubs eyes*

Arnold was a straight up republican right? Like when he held office? And republicans wanted to adjust the rules so he could run for president back then right?

Libs really do just like everything the republicans did 20 years ago.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Azathoth posted:

It would be funny as hell if this was the reason Obama didn't step in to help Biden until the last possible moment.

lol

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

silicone thrills posted:

*rubs eyes*

Arnold was a straight up republican right? Like when he held office? And republicans wanted to adjust the rules so he could run for president back then right?

Arnold is one of the unicorn "moderate" GOP peeps like Liz who loudly and publicly disavowed Trump that libs absolutely fawn over as the "true" republicans who, were they in power, would reach across the isle for good old bi-partisan sensible governing.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Mayor Dave posted:

Jenna Bush is one of the hosts of the Today show

didn't lauren marry ralph lauren's son & become lauren lauren?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Sydin posted:

Arnold is one of the unicorn "moderate" GOP peeps like Liz who loudly and publicly disavowed Trump that libs absolutely fawn over as the "true" republicans who, were they in power, would reach across the isle for good old bi-partisan sensible governing.

iirc he's also gone in on climate stuff for a few years now so i'd imagine most would call him a RINO these days

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

hunter has the look of someone who has definitely murdered someone.

maybe it was Neilia. MOOOM, MAKE BEAU STOP POKING ME. *car crashes into truck driven by non-drunk*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

silicone thrills posted:

*rubs eyes*

I lost track back when they rehabilitated GWB after calling him a witless monkey for 8 years.