Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Here's the NFC because why not

Brady \ Rodgers - Yeah
Stafford \ Dak \ Cousins \ Kyler - Pretty good with the right help
Ryan - Probably could be up above, but the most fragile. Feels like Ben like 3-4 years ago.
Fields \ Hurts \ Goff \ Lance - Disappointments with hope and Goff, who at least won't gently caress you rotten
Wentz \ Jones \ Lock \ <Panthers> \ <Saints> - Hot garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

Here's the NFC because why not

Brady \ Rodgers - Yeah
Stafford \ Dak \ Cousins \ Kyler - Pretty good with the right help
Ryan - Probably could be up above, but the most fragile. Feels like Ben like 3-4 years ago.
Fields \ Hurts \ Goff \ Lance - Disappointments with hope and Goff, who at least won't gently caress you rotten
Wentz \ Jones \ Lock \ <Panthers> \ <Saints> - Hot garbage

Matt ryan has missed one start since 2010

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FizFashizzle posted:

He doesn't miss games but he sure as hell looks like he's felt all of those games he's played was the idea there I think.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

Fragile as in, he'd probably look close to Stafford on the Rams, but unlike the rest of those guys above him, would be the most likely to have that scenario collapse.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Man I was completely mentally prepared for Watson to return to the NFL and for every major media figure to look the other way and talk about how he's grown, but him being rewarded with that contract blindsided me and completely turns my stomach.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Roasted Donut posted:

He'll be really good in your offense I think. Ben wasted him these past 2 years because he couldn't get the ball downfield but if nothing else he's really sure handed and a monster on 3rd down/red zone. With Hill and whoever else stretching the field long he's going to feast in the middle.

Hell yeah. That sounds great.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I’ve never seen a qb take a kill shot like Ryan can.

And he does it multiple times a game.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
The year is 2023. Tom Brady is the only thing standing between the Cleveland Browns and a Superbowl. TFF stands before the Lord, ready to be judged.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
WHAT

YOU GAVE THE RAPIST A QUARTER OF A BILLION DOLLARS IN GUARANTEED MONEY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

clearly the browns curse was just retroactive in nature, bc that's a franchise that deserves to be a toxic hellhole for all time. what absolute pieces of poo poo

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Raku posted:

The year is 2023. Tom Brady is the only thing standing between the Cleveland Browns and a Superbowl. TFF stands before the Lord, ready to be judged.

Ideally, in this scenario Watson has been arrested and released from the Browns, but if not, go Tom.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

a neat cape posted:

I don't think anyone is calling Watson bad at football

Yeah I did not see anyone say that. Best QB in the league as his new contract suggests? That I would definitely question. But yeah, he's really good. It honestly kinda sucks because I was a huge fan before all this, he was absolutely one of my favorite QBs.

I still think it's extremely likely the Browns find a way to gently caress this up and not be very good and not win a super bowl at the very least.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Raku posted:

That’s a hell of a thing. Cursed. Like our timeline after 2000.

I choose Tom.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Play posted:

I still think it's extremely likely the Browns find a way to gently caress this up and not be very good and not win a super bowl make the playoffs at the very least.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

FizFashizzle posted:

I’ve never seen a qb take a kill shot like Ryan can.

And he does it multiple times a game.

Lock would get up laughing and congratulate dudes for wrecking him. But that usually doesn’t make for a long career

https://youtu.be/wTdRXMKh7VI

I’ve somehow never noticed Knoxville is wearing #69 and Allen is #70 like that’s more incentive for him to kill Knoxville since he took his number

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Puppy Bowl posted:

One tiny positive to come from the Ray Rice incident, or more from their being video of the Ray Rice incident, is that he never played again. An even smaller positive is that the Ravens haven't even sniffed a dude with assault or harassment issues since.

Of course since I say this it's about to come out that Mark Andrews has a Buffalo Bill style dungeon in his basement.

i think jimmy smith had an uhh 'unfortunate' incident pop up like a couple years ago actually i went and looked it up https://www.nfl.com/news/ravens-cb-jimmy-smith-suspended-for-four-games-0ap3000000950015

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Raku posted:

I’d be rooting for Putin to unleash the canned sunshine on the Super Bowl.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

fsif posted:

Man I was completely mentally prepared for Watson to return to the NFL and for every major media figure to look the other way and talk about how he's grown, but him being rewarded with that contract blindsided me and completely turns my stomach.

Yeah, it's gross. On the other hand, maybe he'll get blindsided in a different way. gently caress him and the Browns.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Raku posted:

Well I don't want to root for the Niners.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Jimmy Haslam, a cautionary tale about how you can't fix your problems by just throwing enough money at them.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

C-Euro posted:

Jimmy Haslam, a cautionary tale about how you can't fix your problems by just throwing enough money at them.

Or a story about how you can make your legal problems go away if you have enough cash.

e: unless that's :thejoke:

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Mar 19, 2022

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

fartknocker posted:

I’d be rooting for Putin to unleash the canned sunshine on the Super Bowl.

Look, we can't count out Touchdown Tom when he's retired, do you really think we can count him out when he's been irradiated?!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Cthulu Carl posted:

Look, we can't count out Touchdown Tom when he's retired, do you really think we can count him out when he's been irradiated?!

That just means he hasn’t been nuked enough. Better dump a few hundred more megatons on to be sure.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Cthulu Carl posted:

Touchdown Tom’s “Radiation Sickness” Game is going to be the stuff of legends in the post-atomic horror generations after the “Flu Game” is forgotten.

King Hong Kong fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Mar 19, 2022

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

MJeff posted:

My friends do you have a minute to spare to hear the good word of the kneecaps.

Gonz posted:

All Glory to the Sun God!

Through him, truly all things are possible.

This is like helping a friend get over a toxic relationship by getting them addicted to crystal meth

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

fartknocker posted:

That just means he hasn’t been nuked enough. Better dump a few hundred more megatons on to be sure.

I've already seen this and, to be frank, I'm not even sure noted Friend of All Children Gamera would be able to defeat Touchdown Nuka-Tom.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
This is me saying this.

Working Watson's contract So that he's not as financially compromised by suspensions for his sexual assault allegations is significantly worse than anything the Steelers ever did for Ben. What's more they weren't already connected to him in any manner.

Jesus.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i know who it is

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
https://twitter.com/MitchSchwartz71/status/1504981665025863681

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Cthulu Carl posted:

I've already seen this and, to be frank, I'm not even sure noted Friend of All Children Gamera would be able to defeat Touchdown Nuka-Tom.

Eli Manning and Big Dick Nick can.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Who posted that thing About the steelers. Who was it

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Eifert Posting, if memory serves

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
https://twitter.com/spotrac/status/1504984655682019334

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

rest in peace john clayton. u were a alien

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Eifert Posting posted:

This is me saying this.

Working Watson's contract So that he's not as financially compromised by suspensions for his sexual assault allegations is significantly worse than anything the Steelers ever did for Ben. What's more they weren't already connected to him in any manner.

Jesus.

I mean now you just have to hold out hope that the league drags its feet on this and then suspends him in 2023.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Rip to a legend.

https://youtu.be/XvXRaSvxmqg

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/jeffmu/status/1504990752979374081?t=9tUb1lLK34rpTU684ZJlCg&s=19

:smith:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
If the rumor that he's looking at an eight game suspension is true... I mean Case keenum is good but missing your starting quarterback after leveraging that much in assets to get him isn't a great start to a season when you're all in.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
RIP to a real legend in john clayton

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Watson should have at least a 23 game suspension

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006