Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Is there anywhere to rent games anymore? I wanna try Elden Ring before dropping big bux.

We have an amazing local movie/game rental store but if you do not, many public libraries offer game rentals of even brand new stuff, just have to wait usually as many rent it out before you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tweak posted:

since games cost 60-70 bucks now I really wish demos were still a thing, though I’m sure the two are related

you mean like how Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time cost 60 dollars new in 1998

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

man i wish i paid 60 for ocarina when it came out. n64 carts were usually 79.99 - 89.99 plus taxes up here

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

drat games were $50 new when I grew up, wasn’t til PS3 rolled around that they went up to $60

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

your local library probably has games, mine does, it kicks rear end. libraries kick rear end.

emf beat me to this but they're right. also late SNES games were eighty bucks new, games being sixty dollars for as long as they were was a miracle.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Joey McChrist posted:

man i wish i paid 60 for ocarina when it came out. n64 carts were usually 79.99 - 89.99 plus taxes up here

I paid like $85 for a brand new copy of Superman 64 with all my birthday money in 1999. This was plus tax of course

Shard fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Mar 19, 2022

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Jesus Christ NH is where the cheap games were I guess

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I guess I have no memory of what NES/SNES games cost but buying PS1 games was usually a 49.99 affair for me growing up. I dont remember when they jumped beyond that, but I must not have bought new games in a long enough time to be surprised when I noticed

Tweak fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Mar 19, 2022

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

My library won’t carry M-rated games. Lance Storm was right about them

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Bit the bullet, if the game embarrasses me I’ll gnash my teeth and curse your names

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

NienNunb posted:

My library won’t carry M-rated games. Lance Storm was right about them

lmao.

Shout out to the guy at Funcoland who would sell me M Rated games at age 10

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Bit the bullet, if the game embarrasses me I’ll gnash my teeth and curse your names

That's fine with me but if you really like it I want you to exalt my name. And here's a tip - go with sorcery build to start. There are a million ways to crack this game open. Summons are your friend. If an area is too hard go somewhere else and do something else. Don't worry you won't run out of areas.

If you open the map with select, you can hit LB (L1) to show multiplayer zones and activity. You can also bring up a list of all bonfires and mark them off with favorites as a way to mark the dungeon as complete. You can have 5 blue markers at any time on your map but you can put up to 100 green markers.

In the new update NPCS will show up on the map as icons. Have fun!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Tweak posted:

I guess I have no memory of what NES/SNES games cost

i bought megaman 3 with birthday money for 55 and i remember chronotrigger was 80 bucks i think

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the 2 hour long pikachu game with the 50 cent microphone was 100 dollars i think

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

i remember seeing an unopened copy of nes final fantasy with the 59.99 zellers sticker still on it at a flea market, so 50-60 was the base range on those. they bumped up to the 80 - 90 dollar range when snes and genesis came out though.

shits expensive!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cavauro posted:

the 2 hour long pikachu game with the 50 cent microphone was 100 dollars i think

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that's actually very offensive.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I’m gonna start with the Confessor, seems like a cool dude.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Watching Return of the Living Dead tonight. Man, what an awesome film.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I’m gonna start with the Confessor, seems like a cool dude.

Faith/Strength always seems amazing to me with all the big swords and incantations. It’s definitely my second playthrough after doing this one with intelligence main.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Captain Magic posted:

Watching Return of the Living Dead tonight. Man, what an awesome film.

Faith/Strength always seems amazing to me with all the big swords and incantations. It’s definitely my second playthrough after doing this one with intelligence main.

Dragon Incantations specifically go very hard

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

My main tips for anyone starting Elden Ring:
-Speak with everyone multiple times until they have nothing new to say
-The horse can double jump
-Embrace death

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I got the blasphemous sword recently and it rocks my faith build, though I still like to bust out the cipher pata when I can.

But Rotten Breath 4 lyfe

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

Dragon Incantations specifically go very hard

I got scared of them by the thing that said they make you into a dragon or whatever it said.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Captain Magic posted:

I got scared of them by the thing that said they make you into a dragon or whatever it said.

I have gotten every dragon power and I think my eyes changed. But that's OK I'm going to be a dragon wife to a God of space I think

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shard posted:

I have gotten every dragon power and I think my eyes changed. But that's OK I'm going to be a dragon wife to a God of space I think

Ahhh, another person of taste I see :hmmyes:

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I saw Hard Target for the first time tonight. What a film

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Shard posted:

I got red eyes from going to the underground blood palace, but I changed them back with the giant external-womb-holding lady because I learned from modern society that if you hide the symptoms then there is no illness

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Captain Magic posted:

I got red eyes from going to the underground blood palace, but I changed them back with the giant external-womb-holding lady because I learned from modern society that if you hide the symptoms then there is no illness

There is also a mirror in the main hub in the death wife's bedroom that let's you change your appearance.

You know what I love about Elden Ring is I can say anything and you don't know if I'm bullshitting or not. Keep your eye out for the turtle pope and the poo poo eater

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Shard posted:

There is also a mirror in the main hub in the death wife's bedroom that let's you change your appearance.

You know what I love about Elden Ring is I can say anything and you don't know if I'm bullshitting or not. Keep your eye out for the turtle pope and the poo poo eater

Take care to not get stepped on by the walking mausoleum and you have my pity if you get stuck in the underground rot lake, but honestly most fights are winnable if you use the amorphous blob that sucks your blood to assume your shape, unless you’re fighting in the eternal jail cells wardened by exploding sentient rock worm projectors

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

You can break some walls if you hit them fifty times

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Melania is destroying me. Can't even make it to the second phase and every cooperator i've summoned seems to be drunk.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

Melania is destroying me. Can't even make it to the second phase and every cooperator i've summoned seems to be drunk.

If you're playing right now I'll pop over there in a sec and try to help out

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Shard posted:

If you're playing right now I'll pop over there in a sec and try to help out

Thank you but good lord I just beat her and it was loving crazy just toe to toe at the end neither of us stopping and I happened to hit harder. Great fight, insanely hard though

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Shard posted:

Well I mean the poo poo Eater is in the opening cinematic. It's even his name more or less. It is my favorite part of that cutscene.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

That goddamn Ted Faro hosed up the Elden Ring

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Played for about an hour, felt big and strong and then fell in a hole and died. Then I easily defeated a bat monster and overconfidently attacked like 4 of them and had to run away. Pretty good game so far.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Eat My Fuc posted:

Thank you but good lord I just beat her and it was loving crazy just toe to toe at the end neither of us stopping and I happened to hit harder. Great fight, insanely hard though

Had a kind of similar experience going up against Morgott and it ended with us both hitting killing blows on each other simultaneously, which thank gently caress counted as a win for me since the first time I "beat" Ornstein and Smough was the same way but it didn't count and I'm still salty about it years later :sweatdrop:

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I'm not feeling very strong right now. I feel like I'm getting stonewalled in a lot of places and my only way to get significantly more powerful is to find an item I've searched well over half the map for to no avail.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

ChrisBTY posted:

I'm not feeling very strong right now. I feel like I'm getting stonewalled in a lot of places and my only way to get significantly more powerful is to find an item I've searched well over half the map for to no avail.

that just sounds like me irl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ain't no item like that