Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Guess it must be the contract? Anyway, Woods continues his typecast as The Good Blocking WR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Obviously the contract and injury. He was traded for the same compensation as a 5th string linebacker who never plays.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

How did the saints not jump on this

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I mean, Woods did tear his ACL in November, turns 30 next month, and IIRC only had one year left on his contract.

MJeff posted:

This football offseason is wacky enough but if you're following both Hockey and Football right now, it's even crazier. :lol:

lol yep. Go Fancycats

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Hell yeah, I'll gladly pay a sixth for Woods.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Wow that loving sucks

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I do not get Ballard

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

really queer Christmas posted:

How did the saints not jump on this

Maybe the Rams wanted to do a team favorite a solid by trading him to a good team.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

when players get traded for almost nothing it probably is often the player's choice of where to go, unless i don't like that team, then they were very mean to all players.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Maybe the Rams wanted to do a team favorite a solid by trading him to a good team.

But Ryan tannehill is throwing him the ball

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Rabid Snake posted:

But Ryan tannehill is throwing him* the ball

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Rabid Snake posted:

But Ryan tannehill is throwing him the ball

The QBs currently under contract for the Saints are Taysom Hill, Ian Book and Blake Bortles.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Just because he's in triple coverage and it gets tipped and picked doesn't mean he wasn't throwing it to Woods initially.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Excuse me, Ryan Tannehill is elite (in the regular season (with a good O Line (and a great run game (and a lot of weapons (and good coaching (and if he doesn't feel like throwing three picks that day)))))).

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Shoutout to that one time during the regular season somebody said the Tannehill trade was better than the Stafford trade.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
To be fair, from a value standpoint the Tanheill one is hard to beat.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Ryan Tannehill’s skills vanished with Ehud

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Is it really a sponsorship if the beer is expired?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/redskins-were-selling-expired-beer-at-thursday-nights-game/

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Is Robinson really that big an upgrade over Woods? Guess they just don’t want to rely on the relative uncertainty of his torn ACL?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Is Robinson really that big an upgrade over Woods? Guess they just don’t want to rely on the relative uncertainty of his torn ACL?

I don't know, but I will say it'll be a shame if Robinson has aged out of being good right when he gets to an offense that might have some idea how to use him and a quarterback who isn't...any quarterback he's ever played with.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Not only are they just one year apart in age they also have had very similar production. Similar money too. But Woods was far more impactful in the rushing scheme of McVays offense and was good for tons of rushing plays himself.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/1505523645770305537?t=ULAUUAParLUlrT3JQKQ5yg&s=19

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

lol "Actually it's Baker's fault, our hand was forced"

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Browns can't be shocked with Baker after they didn't even call him to say "hey we're in the watson competition." They called his agent.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Well you wouldn't want a qb who forces peoples hands

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

very funny to consider the Browns going all in on trading for Deshaun Watson because Baker made it clear he was going to refuse to play for them this year, considering that's exactly what Watson did to his last team

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Ah the old "never attribute to malice" argument.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Gosh, it really was strange of Baker to decide he doesn't want to play for the Browns completely unprompted. The Browns are just an unfortunate victim of the circumstances when you think about it.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Not only are they just one year apart in age they also have had very similar production. Similar money too. But Woods was far more impactful in the rushing scheme of McVays offense and was good for tons of rushing plays himself.

I’m definitely a Robinson truther, he showed a glimpse of his ceiling that one year he randomly balled the gently caress out with Bortles. But it’s hard to perform when you’re saddled with Bort and Trubs and Dalton and the Jags/Bears coaching staffs. I don’t think the Rams are unreasonable in hoping he makes a massive leap in their system. But yeah the worry is that he’s wasted his prime on those poo poo teams and doesn’t live up to the contract.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

sweet thursday posted:

Well you wouldn't want a qb who forces peoples hands

*turns cap backwards* allegedly

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

“Tons” is overstating it, he was getting about 20 rush attempts a year. Robinson is a bigger than Woods though and McVay might like the idea of having another big target out there, especially if they plan to bring OBJ back who can do a lot of what Woods does.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

what a load of crap

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

YOLOsubmarine posted:

“Tons” is overstating it, he was getting about 20 rush attempts a year. Robinson is a bigger than Woods though and McVay might like the idea of having another big target out there, especially if they plan to bring OBJ back who can do a lot of what Woods does.

I would call a true WR getting 20 rushes a year tons. Deebo has kind of distorted that now.

But also OBJ is definitely a gamble considering he’s turning 30 on the second ACL tear in that knee. And worst of all he tore in in mid February.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Haslam wrote this

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Allen Robinson is really good and is going to have a monster year for the rams, last year the bears were so dysfunctional no one knew who was QB from week to week, also Fields just didn't throw him the ball and he had an issue with Nagy, plus Covid really messed him up.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

R.D. Mangles posted:

Allen Robinson is really good and is going to have a monster year for the rams, last year the bears were so dysfunctional no one knew who was QB from week to week, also Fields just didn't throw him the ball and he had an issue with Nagy, plus Covid really messed him up.

I don’t hold last season against him. I’m just looking at his other seasons.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

I bet the replies on this are just dandy.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I re-read that tweet just now and realized that it actually doesn't even go so far to say he would sit out regular season games. The "and more" does a lot of work.

E: I guess "no intention of playing for the Browns in 2022" pretty strongly suggests he'd sit out the regular season. Still!

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I would call a true WR getting 20 rushes a year tons. Deebo has kind of distorted that now.

Cordarrelle Patterson and Curtis Samuel get used about the same amount in their respective offensives. McVay ran Tayvon Austin 59 times the one year he was around. Woods is on the high end, but a number of teams have a WR that they use in the running game ~10 times a year.

But more to the point, those handoffs happen because McVay likes using jet sweep motion and likes to hand it off every so often to keep teams honest. Woods is fine at them but McVay won’t have any problems find another guy to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

TBH I kind of felt like this was gonna be the case after the Browns were supposedly out of the Watson running and Baker requested a trade but the Browns rejected it. I said it when they suddenly "won" the bidding war with Watson by coming back with that ridiculous contract. They panicked when they saw they wouldn't have Baker and that fans/media were generally ready to put Haslam's head on a pike.