Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Ornery and Hornery posted:

is there timely data on Covid in USA or has every entity stopped tracking

I google "covid rate [state name]" every now and then and get what I'm assuming are real results

"Covid death rate" also works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

A week and a half into Washington State ending its mask mandate, I'm suddenly seeing the faces of cashiers at the grocery store that I've never seen before. It's weird.

they still don't know what I look like :ninja:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

a friend of mine has been working in a grocery the whole pandemic without catching it, or seeming to

i'm masked up everywhere but i have eaten out a lot, travelled a few times and been on planes etc and not got it

thank god its over

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
"drat, tough to keep on everything. Maybe I'm overreacting and should...."

Joementum posted:

sounds cool good and normal

"...NOPE."

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Communist Thoughts posted:

a friend of mine has been working in a grocery the whole pandemic without catching it, or seeming to

i'm masked up everywhere but i have eaten out a lot, travelled a few times and been on planes etc and not got it

thank god its over

"I'm masked up everywhere except for this very clear instance that I am not wearing a mask but it doesn't count because COVID can't infect you when you are eating or drinking"

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Thoguh posted:

"I'm masked up everywhere except for this very clear instance that I am not wearing a mask but it doesn't count because COVID can't infect you when you are eating or drinking"

yeah obviously, still havent got it though, been testing a lot

the first month i started going out more i was sure i would, that was like 6 months ago

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Who here still has yet to get any variety of COVID two full years after the pandemic began in force and what brand of respirator are you using atm?

Still cycling between my 3M 6800 and Secure Click atm

No COVID that I know of. I did have a week where I felt like Gene Park last summer and could barely walk up the stairs, but that turned out to be severe anemia after a weekend of bleeding after having my wisdom teeth removed.

I was late to the PPE game too. Cloth for most of 2020. Cloth + surgical that winter. Only got my respirator and N95 game going during the Delta wave in late summer 2021. We were very good about not going anywhere though.

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
Got my car serviced this morning and stopped at the store and I was the only one I saw masked out probably 50 people, including a cop

T-Paine fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Mar 21, 2022

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
I'm a dummy and somehow totally misread a post

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

T-Paine posted:

Got my car serviced this morning and stopped at the store and I was the only one I saw masked out probably 50 people I saw, including a cop

CITIZEN, WHY ARE YOU ATTEMPTING TO HIDE YOUR SMILING FACE?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Who here still has yet to get any variety of COVID two full years after the pandemic began in force and what brand of respirator are you using atm?

I used a cloth mask for the first few months of 2020. Starting in May I switched to the old, cup-style 8511s with a cloth mask on top (to cover the valve). My family used that combo for the next year or so.

When news of Delta started spreading in June 2021, we upgraded to 6500QL with P100s for shopping and Auras for visits with trusted family who isolate. I have been using an Envomask at work for the last six months for the comfort and easy self-seal check and that it barely alters my voice at all.

I work 50+ hours a week in a restaurant since The Before Times. There haven’t been any social distancing or masking requirements for customers for the last two waves. I also haven’t been out to eat to any restaurants since May 2020. Drive thru or curbside only, since summer 2020. I also haven’t taken my respirator off while at work since October 2021. If I need a drink or something, I go outside first. There is just no way to render the inside of a restaurant safe for human occupation unless there is a Corsi Cube on every other table.

Only trust your respirator. :mediocre:

T-Paine posted:

Got my car serviced this morning and stopped at the store and I was the only one I saw masked out probably 50 people I saw, including a cop

I have never, in the whole two plus years, seen a local cop wear a mask. It really drives home that the whole “police have to kill all of these innocent people because they are just trying to survive” schlock is total bullshit.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

the numbers dont lie

https://twitter.com/drewtoothpaste/status/1505371263228956675

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

mags posted:

the numbers dont lie
And they spell DISASTER for your lungs, at Sacrifice!!

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 365 days!

Someone made a graph that compared total cases vs number of 1-star reviews that was really on point

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Envo mask, partner wears Auras

Most important thing is that you never, ever take it off

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Cup Runneth Over posted:

No covid, no possible symptoms, no close contacts, triple vaxxed as soon as I was able.

I wore cloth masks up until Delta and then have been on N95s ever since.

This was all in Florida so it's probably mostly down to luck. One for sure example of me getting lucky was that my Dad got it during the brief time when I was out of the state and I almost certainly would have spent time around him if I hadn't been.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

T-Paine posted:

mid-last year when masks were dropped I was convinced they were never coming back, but the severity of delta proved me wrong. this time around, now that omicron's "over", I truly believe that even if mask mandates are reintroduced that we won't see nearly as a high of a compliance and that masks are more or less gone. think there will always be a built in 25% or so who will always wear masks if asked but beyond that there'll be permanent raw dog breathing by like 50% of people moving forward.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

WarEternal posted:

loving hate working in person. Got like no sleep last night and any time that happens I feel like my dampened immune system is gonna get me killed. Lol, lmao.

i hope i forget this by the time they force me back in 3 weeks.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I have never, in the whole two plus years, seen a local cop wear a mask. It really drives home that the whole “police have to kill all of these innocent people because they are just trying to survive” schlock is total bullshit.
Covid was by far the #1 killer of cops in 2020, maybe 2021 as well (didn’t check).

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Zugzwang posted:

Covid was by far the #1 killer of cops in 2020, maybe 2021 as well (didn’t check).

an enemy that cannot be stopped with bullets... their kryptonite

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

I will never know if I had covid back in February of 2020 (had all the wild type symptoms), but thanks to a newborn I'll never know if I have long covid or new baby brain!

I can't remember what I did a day or two ago but by God I know the songs on his toys but heart.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
At this point I am kind of settling in to a long term focus on accepting some risk (like seeing grandparents unmasked, seeing some friends outside and maybe eventually moving that to inside) but wanting to still make sure I would know if I'm exposed so I can act appropriately to limit the chance I pass it on. So I'm still all in on wearing masks in public and whenever possible and won't be eating indoors or going to the movies anytime soon, but I'm starting to accept that if I'm going to be anything but a hermit forever I'm going to start seeing individuals or small groups of people that I at least trust will cancel plans if they have symptoms or know they were exposed and would let me know if after I see them they test positive.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

The Hospitals still report data to HHS on a daily basis (weekends are usually poo poo for this) and HHS publishes a report of the prior day at 8am every morning.

CDC has a wastewater tracker showing 2 week percentage increases - but its as of a two week period ending 4 days ago.

CDC also publishes variant sequencing data......but only on Tuesdays at 330.

BNOnews is trying its best to find case and death counts, but the data is only good as the states providing them.....

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Thoguh posted:

So I'm still all in on wearing masks in public and whenever possible and won't be eating indoors or going to the movies anytime soon, but I'm starting to accept that if I'm going to be anything but a hermit forever I'm going to start seeing individuals or small groups of people that I at least trust will cancel plans if they have symptoms or know they were exposed and would let me know if after I see them they test positive.

This is what I've been doing during the dip as well. It's some level of risk but I've seen people go full open Biden and it was weeks/months before their luck ran out. So I like my odds.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

My dad didn't think the pharmacy would let him get a 4th shot, so I told him the usual script this thread uses and SUCCESS

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Thoguh posted:

I'm starting to accept that if I'm going to be anything but a hermit forever I'm going to start seeing individuals or small groups of people that I at least trust will cancel plans if they have symptoms or know they were exposed and would let me know if after I see them they test positive.

I envy you that trust.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

T-Paine posted:

And they spell DISASTER for your lungs, at Sacrifice!!

See normally, you got a fifty fifty chance of winnin'. But we stopped keeping track of numbers...

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Thoguh posted:

At this point I am kind of settling in to a long term focus on accepting some risk (like seeing grandparents unmasked, seeing some friends outside and maybe eventually moving that to inside) but wanting to still make sure I would know if I'm exposed so I can act appropriately to limit the chance I pass it on. So I'm still all in on wearing masks in public and whenever possible and won't be eating indoors or going to the movies anytime soon, but I'm starting to accept that if I'm going to be anything but a hermit forever I'm going to start seeing individuals or small groups of people that I at least trust will cancel plans if they have symptoms or know they were exposed and would let me know if after I see them they test positive.

Gonna get caught slippin

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

an enemy that cannot be stopped with bullets... their kryptonite
Drake no: putting on a mask to protect against a virus that can kill you
Drake yes: shooting someone when you “fear for your life”

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Zugzwang posted:

Drake no: putting on a mask to protect against a virus that can kill you
Drake yes: shooting someone when you “fear for your life”

in america, we take action to prevent fear of death and take no action to prevent death

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Thoguh posted:

Good news, you are now "accepting some risk" by doing the thing that is responsible for about 80% of cases, seeing untested groups indoors without precautions.

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.

Tulip posted:

in america, we take action to prevent fear of death and take no action to prevent death

Acknowledging death is also worse than death itself

its doomer to understand mortality, its winners who deny it,

jinx_player
Aug 25, 2018

Fauci says that we wont see a new wave, whew! Load off of my mind: https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/598937-fauci-says-us-unlikely-to-see-surge-from-new-covid-19-variant

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.

Finally, no more Flight of Seagulls covers and no more The Smiths imitators singing about cocaine.

The Weekend, fauchi said ur over. no more new-new-wave

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

We won’t see a new wave. :eng101:

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

This is "bargaining," right? https://twitter.com/lisa_iannattone/status/1505586367643979776

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

well yeah we won't see it because no one will report on it or collect any data about it

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

Thoguh posted:

Why not just wear a mask while visiting your friends/family indoors? Do I have to tap the "Trust your respirator" sign?

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 365 days!

How tf do I pick and choose which daily activity gives me covid

I thought the dumb takes would end once biden picked a new covid czar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Number is the only worthwhile thing :argh: