Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

If there’s ever a time to lift dangerously in favor of max reps, this is it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
That’s the bench press equivalent of the crossfit-style kipping pullups in the sense it’s terrible from an actual exercise perspective, but great in a context when you need number to go up and no one judging gives a poo poo about form

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
As a Packers fan, uh... has anyone done a big effort post on the receivers in this class yet?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

surf rock posted:

As a Packers fan, uh... has anyone done a big effort post on the receivers in this class yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M50NCsvK3jE

Here's a surprisingly bad and incoherent review from Baldy

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

TheGreyGhost posted:

Click for a good breakdown

surf rock posted:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Browns need a C, WR and DT and DE and LB and like…secondary.

I need to re read everything cause like what’s out there

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Thank you!

And, great, the guy getting mocked to the Packers is the only one whose pro comps include loving Nelson Agholor

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

TheGreyGhost posted:

(On Derek Stingley)
Factor in too that the first thing corners stop doing when they get hurt is tackling high, and I'm not going to fuss too much about it. His worst tape was against Devonta Smith in 2020, but so was everyone's that year, especially when he had no help on defense. He absolutely locked his matchup down against Bama the year prior and destroyed George Pickens and Demetris Robertson in the SECCG when he got a chance. If you want to say he was low effort or willingness the last two seasons, I'll counter that's on the coaching staff given everything we saw out of him in '19 versus what we've been told what the issues with that staff in '20 and '21. Guy's proven he can do it before. The tape is the tape, but a guy who can do that at 18 at corner doesn't suddenly lose the ability.

TheGreyGhost posted:

Stingley though, I am a bit concerns about the Lisfranc at this point. I still think he’s going to be really good but I get very nervous about foot injuries with corners because there’s essentially no portion of the game where it’s not at risk. I still think he’s worth a first and the best corner in the draft if healthy, but that’s a brutal injury.

:mad:

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Going to cop to the fact I wasn’t aware it was a lisfranc when I did my initial tape run! That’s basically the one injury that we just don’t have enough sample and experience with for these positions—especially compared to knee ligaments. Unironically, he’s so smart in coverage that if all his athleticism goes and he turns into a 4.6-4.7 guy, he’s going to be Levi Wallace. My point about his ability will hold—his body just might not be willing to do what he wills it to.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Packers should target Kyle Philips. He'll be right there in the 2nd and he'll give them a solid slot receiver for the next decade.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Ive really warmed up to the idea of us getting Collins in FA so we can draft that Tulsa tackle in the 2nd to let us keep Hunt at RT, Collins at LT, and let this monster play RG.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Doltos posted:

Julio Jones, Brian Westbrook, Jonathan Allen, and Le'Veon Bell are the only success stories from Lisfranc. It's about a three month recovery period and a big muscle rebuild up after that because you can't put any pressure on the injury. The joint itself is a major torque spot for planting off your toes so it stands to reason that if it doesn't heal up perfectly people just lose their ability to plant on that foot. Luckily for Stingley his injury is in his left foot, and as a #1 CB he'll be planting off his right to shade defenders to the sidelines. Most defenders also plant with their dominant foot before tackles so that shouldn't be too sapped either.
This has me wondering about Travis Etienne, considering he had a Lisfranc injury that had him on IR for the year. Poor guy just got drafted last year but never took a pro snap and already spent a year on IR.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you guys talking about

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Now that Juju is on the Chiefs I have this really bad feeling they're going to reach for a DE in the first round and I'm worried it's going to be someone who just tore their achilles and was a project before that

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

kiimo posted:

Now that Juju is on the Chiefs I have this really bad feeling they're going to reach for a DE in the first round and I'm worried it's going to be someone who just tore their achilles and was a project before that

An Achilles tear on a dude like Ojabo is potentially sending him to Day 2 at a minimum. He’s a freak athlete but the risk if it doesn’t heal is essentially that you have a guy who is only first step with a worse first step. I would be more worried you reach for like the Penn State dude or Paschal.

Alternatively, maybe you get lucky and get a swing at Boye Mafe who is creeping up my board as I look at him. He’s kind of what people want Enagbare or some of these other “played in the SEC” types where he looked pretty good against a lot of teams with superior talent.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

My hot take as a Michigan fan is that Ojabo had bust written all over him, even before the injury.

He played one season and did so opposite a guy who was so dominant that he could've won the Heisman. It reminds me of the defensive linemen who play next to Aaron Donald, rack up mostly clean-up sacks, and then get exposed as nothing special once they've signed a big contract somewhere else.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I hope a team I Don't like drafts him really high

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

If you want to talk about doesn't love the game, look no further. Embarrassing depth on those compressions. You need to go 3 inches for high quality cpr. Day 3 at best, definitely a sub package at best, wouldn't want him in there for any more than 2 compression/breath cycles.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

surf rock posted:

My hot take as a Michigan fan is that Ojabo had bust written all over him, even before the injury.

He played one season and did so opposite a guy who was so dominant that he could've won the Heisman. It reminds me of the defensive linemen who play next to Aaron Donald, rack up mostly clean-up sacks, and then get exposed as nothing special once they've signed a big contract somewhere else.

Yeah I didn't like Ojabo at all before the injury. An amazing first step will only get you so far if you literally have 0 strength. The guy was swallowed up in every run play and couldn't bull rush anyone. Relied on sticking an arm every time and just dipping around the pocket. Works fine if you had a dominant Heisman candidate like you said but I don't know how you have him out there on first down ever even if you have quality NFL DEs opposite him.

It's a complete rework on how he plays which is so difficult to do. He has the body to pop an OT and dip inside but he never does it.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

remember John McCargo

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

Doltos posted:

Yeah I didn't like Ojabo at all before the injury. An amazing first step will only get you so far if you literally have 0 strength. The guy was swallowed up in every run play and couldn't bull rush anyone. Relied on sticking an arm every time and just dipping around the pocket. Works fine if you had a dominant Heisman candidate like you said but I don't know how you have him out there on first down ever even if you have quality NFL DEs opposite him.

It's a complete rework on how he plays which is so difficult to do. He has the body to pop an OT and dip inside but he never does it.

I keep trying to imagine if someone gave him the Aldon Smith/Randy Gregory assignments but I just don’t think he’s the type of twitchy to work out of 2 point consistently or drop and not be a huge liability. Serious Vernon gholston/cam maybin energy.

Eifert Posting posted:

I hope a team I Don't like drafts him really high

He honestly might end up a developmental guy for the Steelers if he’s there in like the 3rd. Not paying him first round money might buy him enough time to develop. People keep comparing him to Oweh, but oweh at least showed power rush potential some even if he didn’t produce in college—I honestly can’t find a clip of a high end tackle getting countered in or pushed on the inside shoulder with him.

I have a new insane hot take which is that whoever of Muma/Lloyd/Beavers drops low enough for the pats is going to get turned into a pro bowler because Bill is the only guy you can really trust to use or create Thumpers now. Maybe someone like Saleh or Staley could but even they’ve been leaning hard on the “overgrown strong safety” types just out of market availability.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Was curious so I went to see where we were three years ago in the draft thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3876125&pagenumber=28&perpage=40

Everyone was mostly obsessed with Ed Oliver and trying to figure out if Dwayne Haskins or Drew Lock were good. The idea of multiple quarterbacks going in the first round was laughable. Didn't even seem like people were considering the possibility of Kyler Murray going #1 overall.

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

fsif posted:

Was curious so I went to see where we were three years ago in the draft thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3876125&pagenumber=28&perpage=40

Everyone was mostly obsessed with Ed Oliver and trying to figure out if Dwayne Haskins or Drew Lock were good. The idea of multiple quarterbacks going in the first round was laughable. Didn't even seem like people were considering the possibility of Kyler Murray going #1 overall.

Going back to the old draft threads are always fun.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

fsif posted:

I'm still 100% right about Murray

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Nvm I read my evaluation of Murray it's way off his footwork sucks and he's dumb as a rock

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I feel like I can say this for the first time since 2016. The biggest positional need for the Cincinnati Bengals is not offensive line.

Kaiir Elam could fall to 31 and I wouldn't complain.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/jimnagy_sb/status/1505914535047319559?s=21

Panthers sent everyone

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Someone's gonna sell themselves on him. Personally I can't decide if he will be decent or terrible. I'm pretty positive he's not going to be incredible, at the very least. And I feel like incredible is what you need these days, which is why I'm still convinced that Willis goes off the board first.

I'm also increasingly interested in Matt Corral. Dude's got some intriguing tape even if it is in a kinda weird offense

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Matt Corral had about a 3 week shine where everyone was like "yeah this dude has taken over for Spencer Rattler as the #1 pick" and then just fell off the face of the earth

As with Pickett, someone will talk themselves into him, but I think his ceiling is much higher than Pickett's

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

TheGreyGhost posted:

Ranking upside:

Willis
Ridder
Corral
Strong
Pickett
Howell

Ranking floor:
Pickett
Corral
Ridder
Strong
Howell
Willis

TGG - do you have an updated listed of this for QBs?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Extremely cursed

https://twitter.com/4mr_monty/status/1505920816390852613?s=21

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/markkaboly/status/1505949434303102986?s=21

Play
Apr 25, 2006

whose balls were it that he had to hold

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

lmao

Play
Apr 25, 2006

It happens to be the case that there is real, certified, video footage of Kenny Pickett not only holding a football but throwing it. Hours upon hours of it in fact

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

These people are so loving stupid

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I STILL DON"T UNDERSTAND MATT CORRAL LOVE WHAT IS GOING ON HERE

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The type of behavior expected if Trump were a QB coach.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

2 QBs going in the top 10 would be awesome for the other teams picking top 10.
https://twitter.com/ConnorJRogers/status/1505970249618837507

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
The yearly cycle of teams talking themselves into QBs they'd never have even bothered looking at before the third round in August is probably my favorite draft storyline