Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

https://twitter.com/Overbro_/status/1505243002876448770

yikes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

people really gotta stop caring about randos on twitter

marumaru
May 20, 2013

dogsicle posted:

people really gotta stop caring about randos on twitter

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

this is the easiest way to share:
https://twitter.com/debdrup/status/1505870810321494024

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

kirbysuperstar posted:

one of the cool things about E7 is that all like, five of its OPs are bangers

This but for Fullmetal Alchemst and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood's OPs and EDs.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i'm watching E7 currently and it's pretty good. it's very good with music cues to the point where it sometimes feels like it's being carried by them

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

That's great news

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

you can stop

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

neon genesis gundam 79

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Tales of Woe posted:

i'm watching E7 currently and it's pretty good. it's very good with music cues to the point where it sometimes feels like it's being carried by them
it seems a significant portion of E7 stuff has been purged from youtube including one of my favorite musical tracks from it that only plays during the last episode(Rainbow by Denki Groove) since I last looked up E7 stuff on there. definitely grab the soundtrack if you're able, one of my all time favorite anime OSTs.

Rainbow is probably my favorite track from it, but Sprinting Spirits and Final Wish are really drat powerful tracks too, Final Wish gives me chills every time I hear it. E7's soundtrack is mostly known for the OPs and EDs and techno, but the orchestral stuff is phenomenal too. just an amazing soundtrack overall.

I never watched AO, heard it was a trainwreck so skipped it. Is the soundtrack to that comparable to E7, or did that fall flat too?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

well looking for a Denki Groove song seems like a slightly more difficult task after Pierre Taki was arrested for cocaine use and erased from existence in Japan

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
that's a shame

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

The E7 movie sucked, too. Don't know about the Evolution movies.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

people who liked 7 seem to hate everything that came after but it's difficult to get much of an answer why

i didn't think 7 was god's gift and is just a nice modern (then) pastiche of older mecha that has its own issues, so all the sequel stuff seems like it'd go over better

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

There's also not that much mecha in E7 really. It has kind of a meandering start that goes into a romance/coming of age story.
Looking back I think it's more the general atmosphere it managed to create and having the small core cast of weirdo characters bouncing around in that, that made it work.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

dogsicle posted:

people who liked 7 seem to hate everything that came after but it's difficult to get much of an answer why

i didn't think 7 was god's gift and is just a nice modern (then) pastiche of older mecha that has its own issues, so all the sequel stuff seems like it'd go over better

Ao ends by giving the characters a plot device weapon designed to erase the series from existence lol.

The first movie is a clip episode that tries to rearrange the clips into a different story.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

these both sound funny, but yeah i can see that movie being awful then

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
A maid scorned is a force you do not want to trifle with.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Julias posted:

A sk8rmaid scorned is a force you do not want to trifle with.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

dogsicle posted:

I don't know a whole lot about the E7 sequels, but I think it's kinda similar to how people feel about Nadesico: the original wasn't super groundbreaking but was a well-done tale with a generally optimistic outlook, and then it got a bunch of weird sequel stuff with a much darker tone that kinda stomped all over what people loved about the original.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

sb hermit posted:

Nice. I've been trying to get into trumpets but I've been working on my embouchure first.

Gimme a shout when you're ready to buy and I can help you pick out a good one. You don't wanna pick a bad one; I learned this the hard way.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Love the hanafuda deck

marumaru
May 20, 2013

hanafuda is so pretty i really want to get a deck sometime

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I do too, but I don't have anyone to play it with.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

I am tired of maid skateboarding pictures.

I demand an animated music video, complete with fish eye lens effect as the maids skate.

Dammit.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
It's gotta be set to some ska, too.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's not Ska, but Weinners is very skate music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ4WEqavGG0

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Vizuyos posted:

I don't know a whole lot about the E7 sequels, but I think it's kinda similar to how people feel about Nadesico: the original wasn't super groundbreaking but was a well-done tale with a generally optimistic outlook, and then it got a bunch of weird sequel stuff with a much darker tone that kinda stomped all over what people loved about the original.

they're, kinda different situations. eureka seven's sequel stuff is tonally weird and basically disconnected from the original story at this point. nadesico's continuations are, half untranslated saturn and dreamcast video games and half a movie that honestly does have plenty of jokes that are more characteristic of the series and honestly isn't that much darker... but it also basically torches what made characters like akito endearing and, is an unfinished cliffhanger ending to the series, that will never be officially resolved. nadesico is, way more infuriating just by nature of how much it leaves literally everything hanging. in like, a way that's actively bizarre cause everything it sets up, is resolved at the end. but akito just leaves. he just leaves before the story can end so they can have a hook about needing to find akito.

i think if prince of darkness had an actual ending it'd still be kinda polarizing but, it at least wouldn't feel like they just continued the story directly into absolutely literally nothing

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Mar 21, 2022

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Shinjobi posted:

I am tired of maid skateboarding pictures.
I demand an animated music video, complete with fish eye lens effect as the maids skate.
Dammit.

i am now disappointed that this does not exist

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

sb hermit posted:

• flying witch

Dude I cannot express how extremely my poo poo this was. I have mainlined the whole run of the manga in about 2 days.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Where can I watch Rolling Girls

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's on Funi, hasn't migrated to Crunchyroll yet

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Sakurazuka posted:

Ao ends by giving the characters a plot device weapon designed to erase the series from existence lol.

The first movie is a clip episode that tries to rearrange the clips into a different story.
doesn't the first movie also literally retcon the entire original series into a fable that never actually happened

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Dude I cannot express how extremely my poo poo this was. I have mainlined the whole run of the manga in about 2 days.

:toot:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I. M. Gei posted:

Gimme a shout when you're ready to buy and I can help you pick out a good one. You don't wanna pick a bad one; I learned this the hard way.

I have a trumpet for beginners and I got in-person lessons. One lesson. I'll probably go back for more once my embouchure improves. I've been trying to find time to practice, though.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Have you read Hakumei and Mikochi? It's another kind of rural slice of life manga that's really good (imho, it's like my favorite manga).

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

doesn't the first movie also literally retcon the entire original series into a fable that never actually happened

It doesn't retcon it at all, it just uses its story as a story. At the time I liked Pocketful of Rainbows/Good Night, Sleep Tight, Young Lovers (I wonder why they changed the title for the English language release) for being a commentary on compilation movies and franchises as a whole, but between its own cynicism and the way later E7 stuff didn't really build on that I've gone off it since.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I would hope everyone polishes their posting apparatus so lovingly