Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I just used the “Flame, Cleanse Me!” incantation after every jog through the lake and it wasn’t that bad. Still a stupid area but it’s relatively small.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Kongming posted:

I just used the “Flame, Cleanse Me!” incantation after every jog through the lake and it wasn’t that bad. Still a stupid area but it’s relatively small.

Yeah I used that too, made a huge difference, I just had to go back and rest to reup flasks a few times but that basically solved it

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

extremebuff posted:

the worst insult about lake of rot is that the mushroom gear just covers you in crap and you look like a loving fool and it STILL GIVES YOU SCARLET ROT IN 3 SECONDS I CAN HEAR THE DEVELOPERS LAUGHING AT ME

lmfao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

EmmyOk posted:

I keep meaning to read all my item descriptions at the start of a session to get my big lore dump and forgetting lol
Most of the special summoning ashes have really cool lore on them.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

American McGay posted:

Most of the special summoning ashes have really cool lore on them.

poor pumpkin head :(

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Prepare to Cry

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hizke posted:

Prepare to Cry

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Kongming posted:

Honestly I just did suicide jogs around the outside to gather items and then a last one to get across to the site of grace at the other side. It wasn't exactly a top 10 riveting gameplay moment but it was v funny and was completely dealt with in like 15 minutes. I'll probably never bother killing the boss though

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
1st playthrough complete, 118 hrs lol. time for a 1 day break then start round 2 with a faith/int build to see what easy mode is like

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

how is pvp bracketed? level / weapon upgrades / flask upgrades?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

mbt posted:

how is pvp bracketed? level / weapon upgrades / flask upgrades?

level and weapon upgrade, and it looks like you can sell fully upgraded weapons to adjust your bracket, which is a change from ds3

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Birac didn't have to go that hard.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I went out to the very middle of that area to read a message and it was a guy pointing downward and saying "be wary of scarlet rot"

lol

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I went out to the very middle of that area to read a message and it was a guy pointing downward and saying "be wary of scarlet rot"

lmao

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lake of Rot was crazy, but after clearing it out I feel so powerful hearing everyone complain about it.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I was around level 120 when I hit Lake of Rot. Didn’t really have any problems with it just a lot of standing around waiting. I did warp back a few times to replenish flasks

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I think already being a faith build and having that cleansing flame spell made it way easier that it would be for most people. I would have noped the gently caress out without it.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Even on the second playthrough, stormveil man, it's so huge lmao. I almost instantly found some new area with a talisman I missed last time, this is crazy.

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lol

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i regret going further into the lake of rot, back to the main quest lol

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

extremebuff posted:

i regret going further into the lake of rot, back to the main quest lol

There's some cool poo poo if you push through, get back to it eventually!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Leadthumb posted:

Even on the second playthrough, stormveil man, it's so huge lmao. I almost instantly found some new area with a talisman I missed last time, this is crazy.

Stormveil is a fantastic early watermark, I remember someone ITT getting overexcited and saying it was even the smallest legacy dungeon but uh I think it's the biggest I've played so far. Which is fine because they're all big, it's just huge

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Stormveil is a fantastic early watermark, I remember someone ITT getting overexcited and saying it was even the smallest legacy dungeon but uh I think it's the biggest I've played so far. Which is fine because they're all big, it's just huge

It looks really big on the map too. There are times when I've travelled back to Limgrave and I've stopped scrolling the map at the castle because I mistake it + Stormhill for the entirety of Limgrave.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I think it might be the third biggest if Leyndell counts as a legacy dungeon. Both that and Farum Azula are absolutely gigantic.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

poo poo I forgot the Haligtree, that’s massive too

This games dungeons are amazing

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Yeah in fairness im still dragging my heels on the mountaintops so haven't done the last couple yet. I did the volcano manor questline so I skipped it too, figure it'll be a nice midgame dungeon to do mostly fresh next playrhrough. Little treat to my future self

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I think Volcano Manor must be bigger than SV at least in terms of actual rooms. The whole run up to SV through the main gate is quite big but very empty other than 100 archers

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

After doing a bunch of co-op in each game my theory/ranking of being summoned is

1. Just you and the host - You have the best chance of winning here. It usually means the host was getting close or is able to get to a certain point and just needs help over the line. Also is the best spot for your combined damage being better than the Boss's buffed HP and defense. This is also when splitting agro either on a solo or duo boss works the best or is easiest to read.

2. You the host and a third player - The host almost definitely sucks and is desperation summoning or just never does fights solo. However you and the other player can probably carry him damage wise despite the boss buff. Still a great chance the Host can't survive the boss attacking him once mid way through the fight. Also aggro can be weirder to read with three of you.

3. You the host and an NPC summon - Sadly the host has suffered fatal retardation and you won't be winning. The NPC will do next to no damage and only increase the boss HP. The host will do nothing until they died running into a super telegraphed AOE.

some exceptions to that where like Beatrix for the Moonlight Butterfly fight or Iron Tarkus for Iron Golem can basically solo the boss pretty easily.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I’ve summoned only a handful of times and when I do it’s just boredom and I summon two guys. Every time one of the two Leroy Jenkins himself immediately though.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I always have a good time when I get summoned. I got summoned by a guy called Vendrick Lamar who summoned me and Skyrim

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

i summoned for the first godskin fight then spent the next 3 hours helping other people beat him

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Every time I get summoned I have a worse build than t he host. Kind of emasculating

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/SLIMELEVEL/status/1505943991317053440?t=iGKjRvo5eAEyDY01uAMN9Q&s=19

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

lol

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i absolutely fuckin despise this shield i found in nokstella. completely loathsome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008