Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
I am ok with Ferrari winning the WDC/WCC this year. They’re allowed to have it once every 15 years or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
This is just the “hope” part of the Ferrari cycle

speng31b
May 8, 2010

https://twitter.com/kobegoat4ever24/status/1506078628245049345

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

speng31b posted:

when I found out Mattia Binotto was Swiss it broke me

this is the fakest most fraudulent sport in the loving world what the gently caress

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Came across this in a FB group:

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I will never not laugh at his stupid Where's Waldo glasses

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

Theophany posted:

Just posting to remind you all that Ferrari own and are the true good, hard-working lads who mean well of the F1 paddock.

i sent this post to the geniuses at NASA and just got the results back: 100% confirmed, OP!!! Ferrari own! They loving own! #forzaferrair

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
What’s he gonna do with that wand? I’m not catholic to know.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Ferrari is so cool.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Lost in this conversation is Alpine, who do look better.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Ok max* is sometimes alright. Seemed genuinely like a good dude there

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Frond posted:

Lost in this conversation is Alpine, who do look better.

Better than…?

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

That was a great race, especially both Red Bulls (plus extra) blowing up.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Low Percent Lunge posted:

Better than…?

Than the absolute trash they debuted with last year.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
That car and engine were dogshit. Both drivers outdrove what that crock was actually capable of.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Russian Bear posted:

That was a great race, especially both Red Bulls (plus extra) blowing up.

Eye enjoyed it.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Zhou drove a smart race.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
can I trade my mclaren lego car for a haas one

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

This got deleted

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
This was my first F1 race. I recently started listening to the Shift+F1 podcast so I wasn't entirely overwhelmed. It was a lot of fun!

I picked one team to follow based on two scientific factors: I wanted to like the livery, and I wanted to root for a middle-tier team so I'd pay more attention to the entire field during a race. This means I went with Alpha Tauri. When Gasly's car went up in flames I knew I made the right call. They did manage to get some points, and I was surprised by how invested I felt as Tsunoda made his way into the top ten.

I'm definitely hooked. The presentation was great, even if I wanted more top-down shots of the broader field. I guess that's one of the reasons people sign up for F1 TV.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Not a bad start, though you should be rooting for McLaren

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

This was my first F1 race. I recently started listening to the Shift+F1 podcast so I wasn't entirely overwhelmed. It was a lot of fun!

I picked one team to follow based on two scientific factors: I wanted to like the livery, and I wanted to root for a middle-tier team so I'd pay more attention to the entire field during a race. This means I went with Alpha Tauri. When Gasly's car went up in flames I knew I made the right call. They did manage to get some points, and I was surprised by how invested I felt as Tsunoda made his way into the top ten.

I'm definitely hooked. The presentation was great, even if I wanted more top-down shots of the broader field. I guess that's one of the reasons people sign up for F1 TV.

You should support Ferrari, OP, they're the best <3

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

They said middle-tier team, not 2022 world champions

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Thanks Ants posted:

:hotpickle:

McLaren need people praying for them more than rooting for them at this point.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
God doesn't support anyone other than lewis sorry

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Shift+F1 (and Drive to Survive) is what got me into F1 in time for last season and it's been a wild ride.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Thanks Ants posted:

They wanted middle-tier not back-marker

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

I suspect you would find posts like this in the SA drug forum.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

ilmucche posted:

This got deleted

That's a shame, it was a good lad offering to fill Mercedes butthole with unusual objects (for science, I'm sure)

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

I wanted to like the livery,
This means I went with Alpha Tauri.

Surely this should mean you pick a team with a livery that isn't dogshit though??

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

I wanted to like the livery, and I wanted to root for a middle-tier team

my friend, have you heard the word of Jesus Christ Alfa Romeo

Pros:
Zhou Guanyu
Beautiful livery
Ferrari engine
Racing pedigree

Cons:
Valtteri Bottas maybe? I dunno, I can't make up my mind about him.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

gently caress off if you aren't supporting Ferrari

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Please ignore the Italians, they are ornery after having the smallest taste of success.

Support of any team is welcome here as it's not Red Bull.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Dexo posted:

Please ignore the Italians, they are ornery after having the smallest taste of success.

Support of any team is welcome here as it's not Red Bull.

the only ornery gently caress around here is called 'Christian'

The Italians and Scud Buds are model posters.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Theophany posted:

The Italians and Scud Buds are model posters.

:hmmyes:

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

What happened to the Philip Morris mission winnow sponsorship on the scud? Did they not want the marblo money anymore?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
If I only have room for one F1 podcast in my schedule, should it be For F1's Sake or Shift+F1?

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Residency Evil posted:

If I only have room for one F1 podcast in my schedule, should it be For F1's Sake or Shift+F1?

I haven't listened to Shift+F1 but it took less than 5 minutes for the new For F1's Sake episode to get into serial killer talk so that's my vote.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Mustache Ride posted:

What happened to the Philip Morris mission winnow sponsorship on the scud? Did they not want the marblo money anymore?

Mission Winnow made a strategic decision to continue to invest in other future potential opportunities for improving the world.

They realized no-one believed them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Mustache Ride posted:

The money evaporated once they realised nobody was fooled. And thank gently caress, because it means we get the Good Rosso back at last.