Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

ilifinicus posted:

hey I kinda just started playing this in the past 3 weeks and beat that there new raid twice with my IRL crew but they're unwilling to satisfy my need to get all the pinnacles, help me goony-1
Join Serious Overchill and ping the d2-pve-lfg role in #d2-lfg-botzone

https://discord.gg/srsoc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

https://twitter.com/PaulTassi/status/1505891355284942852?t=0eFHBXm-VV0voD28Po-HPA&s=19

Weird poo poo happening with takedowns.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
There's a third possibility- someone misconfigured an automated tool

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

haveblue posted:

That’s my guess too; I have zero faith in the competence of tech companies in 2022 so it’s probably something automated that whoever set it up forgot about, which is why Bungie and CSC are loudly going “it’s definitely not at our request” (i.e. it may be coming from them but not intentionally)

Wildcard answer: it’s Marty O’Donnell getting his revenge

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

My first thought was that someone uploaded all of the source materials they got from O'Donnell in the recent court judgents, and because so much of D1's music is based around MotS, it's flagging up everything.

Doesn't explain the Aztecross vid which was just screenshots of the TWAB, so more than likely yeah, it's a new / misconfigured content scanner going nuts and scanning for basic things like the tricorn logo or assets included in the free press assets, things like that.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Fourth, most likely explanation: Telesto

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

How do you go about doing Transmog again? It's been so long and I've never really used it. You're supposed to get how many Synthweave Straps?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Grimthwacker posted:

How do you go about doing Transmog again? It's been so long and I've never really used it. You're supposed to get how many Synthweave Straps?

Buy a bounty from Ada and complete it (varies wildly in time/difficulty). This will give you macguffin type 1. Turn it in to the machine Ada is standing next to. This will give you macguffin type 2. Go into the appearance customizer, pick any of your legendary armor pieces, and go into the ornament menu. Spend the macguffin type 2 to unlock an ornament

(This is somewhat simplified from launch, where you had to buy the bounties with macguffin type 0)

Elerion
May 31, 2011

Grimthwacker posted:

Also, the answer is 1 Strap per item look you want to unlock, then you can apply it infinitely after that.

If you've owned a couple of season passes you will have some neat ornaments/looks unlocked already. Just press down/S on the character screen and click top right option to get to the transmog screen.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
We get Vow of the Disciple Challenges tomorrow :woo:

Their names are

Swift Destruction - Go fast? Kill stuff fast? From the name I'm guessing it's something like, Compasses must die within N Seconds of spawning or something. We don't really "Destroy" anything in this encounter other than the enemies

Base Information - The three things in the darkness libraries are called Knowledge Spikes so I'm sure it's some restriction on how many you can pick up. Can only pick up one Spike per trip to the spooky library?

Defenses Down - The only things associated with "defenses" during Exhibition are the Aegis shield, the shielded Taken Knights, and the immune Taken in the Blights. It won't have anything to do with the Blights because those are only present for half of the encounter. I'm guessing it'll either lean in to the Relay Race aspect of the encounter (All six players must use each relic/each player can only pick up each relic once? Each player must kill 1x Knight?) or it'll lean in to the Go Fast aspect of the encounter (Taken Knights can only be defeated with Aegis Super?)

Looping Catalyst - I would say it has to do with the leech splitting, but the one-time Triumph for this encounter is to only Double-Dunk. I'm guessing since there are 6 dunks and 6 players, that the challenge is "each player must deposit an Emanating Force"

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Clanmate and handsome genius A FROZEN EMBRYO has the best idea for Base Information - Only offer the bottom-most symbol for each side on the Obelisk

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

I'm real bummed about the youtube take downs. It was real neat being able to hear longform boss and the version of the first disciple that promethean archival mind put together was leagues better than the version on the soundtrack.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Perhaps unsurprisingly, but the war table upgrade "the first time you decrypt an umbral engram each week into a seasonal weapon, it will have deepsight resonance" doesn't have to be the "focus specific weapon" decrypt.

Accidentally grabbed a track engram and got an AR before doing a focused weapon for the Pulse. Ah well, probably better for the long run - I'll probably luck into another pulse with resonance soon enough.

and christ, it costs 2000 neutral element to put an enhanced perk on a weapon? That's 10 guns of doing deepsight.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Oxyclean posted:

and christ, it costs 2000 neutral element to put an enhanced perk on a weapon? That's 10 guns of doing deepsight.

What else are you going to spend that much neutral element on? It doesn't take much to initially create the weapon or select normal perks.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

haveblue posted:

Sony has a history of this and Bungie was recently acquired by them…

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Oxyclean posted:

Perhaps unsurprisingly, but the war table upgrade "the first time you decrypt an umbral engram each week into a seasonal weapon, it will have deepsight resonance" doesn't have to be the "focus specific weapon" decrypt.

Accidentally grabbed a track engram and got an AR before doing a focused weapon for the Pulse. Ah well, probably better for the long run - I'll probably luck into another pulse with resonance soon enough.

Doh!

Although, just to 100% confirm, had you focused an Umbral to a Seasonal Weapon at the HELM this week prior to unlocking that War Table upgrade? I know you could lock yourself out of the reward for the week if you

1. Focused an Umbral to a Piece of Mind
2. Unlocked the War Table upgrade
3. Focused a 2nd Umbral to a Piece of Mind (so the bonus doesn't proc)

And yeah, 2,000 neutral element is totally bonkers. I really feel like resonant weapons should give more element. Or heck, just let me harvest the resonance from a gun as soon as it drops. Don't make me equip it for 1.5 strikes for no reason....

It's very silly that reshaping a gun with 2 enhanced perks uses up the lion's share of your crafting materials.

Also I STRONGLY recommend everybody run a handful of the Weekly Story Mission on Master, tonight. It drops an ascendant craftball thing for about ~15 minutes of work. For the next 6 weeks, the weekly story mission is going to be an absolute pain in the dick, and nobody likes running Master Wellspring, so getting ascendant craftballs is going to be t-o-u-g-h tough for a month and a half.

... just in time for everybody to be finishing up some Patterns and needing to reshape their guns!

GoGoGadgetChris fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Mar 22, 2022

Elerion
May 31, 2011
The real issue with weapon crafting is that, as I feared before WQ, it requires you to play with lovely guns. A lot. I don't mind guns taking a lot of drops to unlock crafting patterns or a lot of materials to craft. I don't mind enhanced perks being kinda pointless. Those things contribute to making actual gun drops still relevant, while still allowing you to get your dream roll eventually instead of being shafted by RNG for a full season. That's actually crafting working as intended, in my view. The problem is that the game forces you to play in an unfun manner to craft that gun even after you've grinded for the materials/redframes.

Extracting deepsight resonance is a 100% bullshit horrible mechanic. It doesn't help that you can make it less lovely by equipping the gun right before an activity ends so you don't need to shoot stuff with it. If the best way to interact with the mechanic is to bypass the intended game loop, it's a lovely loop. Inventory Management - The Game is not entertaining.

Then to make things worse, you have a massive braindead grind to actually level the crafted guns up to the point where you can craft your desired perks on them, and dropped guns don't count for that progress. All my kills with the Palmyra-B that dropped with ALH/EL that I actually want to use are worthless, and instead I have to grind out like 1500 kills (or a fuckton of activity completions) with a lovely crafted version of the same rocket launcher just to give it those same perks?

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
What I found egregious was that I applied enhanced perks to one of my favorite weapons, then when I got to that step on the relic-data questline some time later, it wasn't retroactive. I hope whoever was in charge of this questline steps on a lego.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Elerion posted:

The real issue with weapon crafting is that, as I feared before WQ, it requires you to play with lovely guns. A lot. I don't mind guns taking a lot of drops to unlock crafting patterns or a lot of materials to craft. I don't mind enhanced perks being kinda pointless. Those things contribute to making actual gun drops still relevant, while still allowing you to get your dream roll eventually instead of being shafted by RNG for a full season. That's actually crafting working as intended, in my view. The problem is that the game forces you to play in an unfun manner to craft that gun even after you've grinded for the materials/redframes.

Extracting deepsight resonance is a 100% bullshit horrible mechanic. It doesn't help that you can make it less lovely by equipping the gun right before an activity ends so you don't need to shoot stuff with it. If the best way to interact with the mechanic is to bypass the intended game loop, it's a lovely loop. Inventory Management - The Game is not entertaining.

Then to make things worse, you have a massive braindead grind to actually level the crafted guns up to the point where you can craft your desired perks on them, and dropped guns don't count for that progress. All my kills with the Palmyra-B that dropped with ALH/EL that I actually want to use are worthless, and instead I have to grind out like 1500 kills (or a fuckton of activity completions) with a lovely crafted version of the same rocket launcher just to give it those same perks?

Super duper good post

If redframe weapons could just be "harvested", and if subsequent drops of a Craftable Gun could somehow be used to level up the associated Crafted Gun, I'd really find the crafting gameplay loop to be much more elegant and complementary to the game instead of a weird nuisance constantly gnawing at my mind

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

What I found egregious was that I applied enhanced perks to one of my favorite weapons, then when I got to that step on the relic-data questline some time later, it wasn't retroactive. I hope whoever was in charge of this questline steps on a lego.
Oh I did that step the other day! You just have to go into reshape, select a weapon that already has enhanced perks, and then change nothing. When you go to the right and hit finalise, it will 'reshape' the same weapon at no cost and progress the quest.

It's a poo poo quest step and it sucks that it's not retroactive* but you can at least bullshit your way past it.

* Just as all the seasonal quests that aren't retroactive suck as well.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I want to get an Eriana's vow but I know as soon as I do they'll fix it. Gambit is completely unfun on a comical level right now; you either have an invader who has one and you win or you dont and you dont

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Eriana's Vow is a pretty good gun even when it's not breaking gambit, it's also one of the few exotics with a native anti-champion perk

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
arbalest kinda ate its lunch though, honestly

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

On one hand, Arbalest is overpowered.

On the other hand, it's only overpowered because it neatly bypasses TWO poo poo mechanics instead of the usual one while also continuing to be a fairly excellent weapon, which is a huge indication that the mechanics themselves are the problem - not Arbalest itself.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I’d bet money on an incoming Arbalest nerf that will make Eriana’s competitive again, but even then it’s a Very Good gun competing against an Excellent one. You won’t go wrong getting one.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
It's simple. Using stasis? Eriana's so you can use a stasis primary. Using anything else? Arbalest since it lives in the kinetic slot.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Kith posted:

On one hand, Arbalest is overpowered.

On the other hand, it's only overpowered because it neatly bypasses TWO poo poo mechanics instead of the usual one while also continuing to be a fairly excellent weapon, which is a huge indication that the mechanics themselves are the problem - not Arbalest itself.

The way it basically nullifies match game and anti-barrier is a huge game-changer, I am surprised it's lasted as long as it has without being touched.

Seeing all these kinds of weapons, you'd hope old favourites like Icebreaker and Pocket Infinity would come back someday. I remember at the start of D2 everyone used to say they would be too overpowered, but I don't think they would be too out of place now. It's not like you can just cheese nightfalls by sitting back with Icebreaker anyway because of the time limits.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Is Preservation a +1 or +2 pinnacle?

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

The way it basically nullifies match game and anti-barrier is a huge game-changer, I am surprised it's lasted as long as it has without being touched.

Seeing all these kinds of weapons, you'd hope old favourites like Icebreaker and Pocket Infinity would come back someday. I remember at the start of D2 everyone used to say they would be too overpowered, but I don't think they would be too out of place now. It's not like you can just cheese nightfalls by sitting back with Icebreaker anyway because of the time limits.

They could rebalance them entirely like they did with Hawkmoon and Gjallarhorn, both of which they did impressive jobs with imo.

Pirate Jet fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Mar 22, 2022

Elerion
May 31, 2011
Preservation is +2. Everything except the "play 3 matches" weeklies and the one from Hawthorne is +2.

Elerion
May 31, 2011
I think I'm going to put down D2 for a while and start Elden Ring finally. If I've finished the seasonal storyline and don't care about the seasonal title, is there anything else I should be FOMOing this season? I could unlock the seasonal guns for crafting I guess, but I guess those red frames should still be available next season.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Arbalest did eat an aim assist and flinch nerf for PvP.

There's a strange internal conflict going on at Bungie when it comes to design at the moment. On one hand, you've got a push for "monochromatic" builds where your weapons, subclass, and even armor affinity are rewarded for all being one specific element, and on the other you've got the ubiquity of Match Game in higher level content that punishes you heavily for doing so. There's small safety valves in the form of Arbalest and Adaptive Munitions that sacrifice your Exotic/Special slot or a perk slot to nullify Match Game. It's just that Arbalest instantly shatters any shield and any barrier you shoot with it in addition to having decent linear fusion damage as a special weapon, so you're not really "losing" your exotic/special slot.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Sestze posted:

There's a strange internal conflict going on at Bungie when it comes to design at the moment.
It's not just at the moment, there have been a ton of systems Bungie have implemented where they've talked about their reasons and intent, and then some other side system has absolutely poo poo all over it or negated it.

There was something that came up a few pages ago and I couldn't think of another example, but there was the 'intent' to reduce FOMO with the weeklies, but the way they split it up was so you still miss out on the bright dust if you don't do all 3 characters, especially later in the season when you don't get BD from challenges & the pass.

It feels like there's someone at Bungie implementing systems who is just not on the same page as everyone else, like one of those restaurants where they hire a michelin star chef and then the manager keeps nipping into the kitchen to add salt to everything.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I think you guys are missing a big, obvious point. Arbalest has to exist, as is, because otherwise solo players would be 100% at the mercy of their blueberries to actually beat champion/match game content. There HAS to be a way to strap two blewbs to your back and carry them through Champions and Arc Hive Knights, and it’s name is Arbalest.

Turra
Oct 28, 2006

Help! A guinea pig tricked me.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

It's not just at the moment, there have been a ton of systems Bungie have implemented where they've talked about their reasons and intent, and then some other side system has absolutely poo poo all over it or negated it.

There was something that came up a few pages ago and I couldn't think of another example, but there was the 'intent' to reduce FOMO with the weeklies, but the way they split it up was so you still miss out on the bright dust if you don't do all 3 characters, especially later in the season when you don't get BD from challenges & the pass.

It feels like there's someone at Bungie implementing systems who is just not on the same page as everyone else, like one of those restaurants where they hire a michelin star chef and then the manager keeps nipping into the kitchen to add salt to everything.

I don't think this is that weird. They made the bulk of bright dust available during a season account based and persistent over the season, but there's some extra for people who still like doing it the old way and on all their characters. Just because something exists for the dedicated/hardcore to do on top is not making GBS threads over their system changes they made for the more casual player.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
You should totally pick up Eriana's as soon as possible to start grinding through the 400 playlist completions for the catalyst because it's really good.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Hackan Slash posted:

You should totally pick up Eriana's as soon as possible to start grinding through the 400 playlist completions for the catalyst because it's really good.

god drat who keeps doing this

and why isnt the 4x seasonal thing retroactive this is very silly

with that said I need to masterwork my heart of inmost light and then after that my next golfball will go to a vow, then

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I could see them possibly changing out Disruption Break from Arbalest because that gives it near heavy LFR damage after breaking a shield or barrier.

Collateral Damage fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Mar 22, 2022

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fast cars loose anus posted:

god drat who keeps doing this

and why isnt the 4x seasonal thing retroactive this is very silly

Yeah, I don't remember when I got the catalyst, but I've gone through probably 3 seasons of hitting at least level 100 on the seasonal track and am at like 260/400 on completing it. :v:

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Interesting first week of Iron Banner.

Only two resets because of tech issues and worse than usual server lag and matchmaking. Being 20-30 Light Level under most players meant I was obligated to shelve the Autorifles for a Handcannon in order to stay competitive. New loot isn't great. The foundry perk is underwhelming.

Hearing that they are changing the rep system is hopeful, but only because token turn is the worst. I just hope they switch it to something better than focusing. Let me craft all the Iron Banner weapons using a unique Iron Banner currency you get from playing Iron Banner. No Enhanced perks needed or wanted.

A fun week regardless. Being able to switch to Spectral Blades made getting ability and super kills much easier while maintaining the rest of my regular loadout. Seems like a decent roamer. Looking forward to next month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

I just completed my Eriana's catalyst last night, it took 2 years of on and off playing.

Working on the Filthy Lucre for Witherhoard right now and it is so much nicer when Nightfalls, etc actually count towards progress.