Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

hamilton is good, but not because of his racing, which is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

MustardFacial posted:

Welcome to the thread!

First off you should get a primer on the thread for people to ignore:

1. Ferrari supporters. They're happy for now because they won, but it'll only take a few bad Jock Clear calls before they start throwing the racial epithets around. Ferrari throwing away championships due to incompetence is as inevitable as the sunrise. You hope for them to do well regardless because at least it's not Mercedes.

2. Mercedes supporters. Easily the most tedious of the bunch. Medcedes has dominated the sport for the last 7 years and gifted Lewis Hamilton 6 of his 7 WDC's. Because of this, this group believes Lewis to be the 2nd coming of christ just because he can open DRS and pass the entire field on the straight. They're all very quiet now because Mercedes has been fairly mediocre lately, but they're a good team so by the European leg of the season they should be back near the front. Mercedes has ruined the sport for the better part of a decade. You'll see this group throwing around a lot of asterisks like a bunch of entitled Karen's because they're still salty about something that happened 3 months ago.

3. Red Bull supporters. Lmao there aren't any. Christian Horner is a bad person, Helmut Marko is a nazi, and Max Verstappen has the personality of someone who has suffered child abuse. The only cool person in the RBR organization is Adrian Newey, but he doesn't come on camera anymore.

4. McLaren supporters. The most popular team with the best looking car. McLaren supporters are the most level headed and good looking of the bunch. The car has some major technical flaws this year and it's not super quick but we know the lads will figure it out.

Everyone else: This thread is largely a cesspit from categories 1 and 2, but the occasional chats with everyone else are what make this thread ok.

You picked a good first team with Alpha Tauri. Pierre and Yuki are good lads, and the team is consistent enough to stay in the midfield, but competent enough that if the race gets wild they can pull out a surprise good result. The red bull connection is unfortunate, but it is what it is. If you're looking for a number 2 team to root for I suggest Alpine or Williams.

This poster is an alpine/renault supporter fwiw

Alpha Tauri and Alfa Romeo are cool and good, but Haas is where it's at now that mazepin got screwed in maximum hilarity fashion

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

hamilton is good, but not because of his racing, which is bad

let sir lewis select all f1-related fashion

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
When's the "dynamic pricing" supposed to kick in for the fantasy league?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

WTFBEES posted:

Ignore all these people and root for Haas

KMag WDC 2022

Only registered members can see post attachments!

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

kampen mot gud og hvite krist er i gang
Grimey Drawer

MustardFacial posted:

Welcome to the thread!

First off you should get a primer on the thread for people to ignore:

1. Ferrari supporters. They're happy for now because they won, but it'll only take a few bad Jock Clear calls before they start throwing the racial epithets around. Ferrari throwing away championships due to incompetence is as inevitable as the sunrise. You hope for them to do well regardless because at least it's not Mercedes.

2. Mercedes supporters. Easily the most tedious of the bunch. Medcedes has dominated the sport for the last 7 years and gifted Lewis Hamilton 6 of his 7 WDC's. Because of this, this group believes Lewis to be the 2nd coming of christ just because he can open DRS and pass the entire field on the straight. They're all very quiet now because Mercedes has been fairly mediocre lately, but they're a good team so by the European leg of the season they should be back near the front. Mercedes has ruined the sport for the better part of a decade. You'll see this group throwing around a lot of asterisks like a bunch of entitled Karen's because they're still salty about something that happened 3 months ago.

3. Red Bull supporters. Lmao there aren't any. Christian Horner is a bad person, Helmut Marko is a nazi, and Max Verstappen has the personality of someone who has suffered child abuse. The only cool person in the RBR organization is Adrian Newey, but he doesn't come on camera anymore.

4. McLaren supporters. The most popular team with the best looking car. McLaren supporters are the most level headed and good looking of the bunch. The car has some major technical flaws this year and it's not super quick but we know the lads will figure it out.

Everyone else: This thread is largely a cesspit from categories 1 and 2, but the occasional chats with everyone else are what make this thread ok.

You picked a good first team with Alpha Tauri. Pierre and Yuki are good lads, and the team is consistent enough to stay in the midfield, but competent enough that if the race gets wild they can pull out a surprise good result. The red bull connection is unfortunate, but it is what it is. If you're looking for a number 2 team to root for I suggest Alpine or Williams.

This is all well and good but the real truth is you should watch F1 to root for no specific team, but only for maximum chaos and drama. No gods no masters. Hopefully a few times per season you will see an exciting car race while you're at it.

edit: also guenther steiner embodies the "maximum chaos" model and you should follow him wherever he leads us

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Myssu posted:

This thread primer disgracefully fails to mention anything about the important topics of air fryers and cast iron cookware.
The thread primer is strictly about posting groups to avoid. Air Fryer and cast iron chat must come about organically. You have to let it wash over you like a warm summer breeze.

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

This clown didn’t even mention Checo, WDC of our hearts.
Oh right I forgot about Checo! I will edit my post.

ilmucche posted:

This poster is an alpine/renault supporter fwiw

Alpha Tauri and Alfa Romeo are cool and good, but Haas is where it's at now that mazepin got screwed in maximum hilarity fashion

The French are cool and Alpine is cool :colbert:

My support ramp looks like this:

1. McLaren
2. Alpine
3. Aston Martin
4. Williams

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Now that Marc Marquez is legally blind I'm starting to have a good feeling about Ducati in MotoGP this year too

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

edgar_ posted:

This is all well and good but the real truth is you should watch F1 to root for no specific team, but only for maximum chaos and drama. No gods no masters. Hopefully a few times per season you will see an exciting car race while you're at it.

edit: also guenther steiner embodies the "maximum chaos" model and you should follow him wherever he leads us

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

italian quid posted:

Now that Marc Marquez is legally blind I'm starting to have a good feeling about Ducati in MotoGP this year too

Dorna are desperately searching for another Spanish twink to win every race now that we all love good French lad Fabio "Big Q" Quartararo

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

The best way to enjoy F1 is to just cheer for dumb things to happen

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
This is Ferrari's start of an era, I can feel it

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Hot Karl Marx posted:

i give it half a season 'til the cheating is discovered

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Just their luck ICE engines are banned in 2026

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

How long until they tell us about it in some vaguely worded PR statement?

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
After careful consideration I will simultaneously root for and against all teams, and hate all posters in this thread (including myself).

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

If Mercedes can somehow get a few seconds off a lap with engine magick, I'm sure Ferrari can as well

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

kampen mot gud og hvite krist er i gang
Grimey Drawer

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

After careful consideration I will simultaneously root for and against all teams, and hate all posters in this thread (including myself).

hell yeah and gently caress you too buddy!

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

marshalljim posted:

When's the "dynamic pricing" supposed to kick in for the fantasy league?

Feels like Masi was in charge of their Fantasy system seeing as how they haven't updated anything yet.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
If Mclaren aren't in the running then I root for chaos, pure chaos.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Thanks Ants posted:

Ready for something like a software license on the Honda PU to run out

Turns out it did in fact run out OP

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It's called the Honda PU because it freaking stinks!!!!!!

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Golly, gee, I sure hope this chap is on his way to operate some heavy, dangerous machinery.

MustardFacial posted:

I resent this, we don't hurl around racial epithets like thuggish Lazio Ultras. We use outmoded medical terms for IQ brackets and mental subnormality.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
I'm still chuckling a few times per day about how Haas took Mazepin's money to put sponsor labeling on by far the worst car, then used it to make a good car that Mazepin never gets to drive.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

MustardFacial posted:

I'm not quiet at all I'm here and will not be censured or erased! Lots of libel here but like Sir Lewis and Our Toto I will ignore the haters and stay focused on the task at hand. Posting as hard and bad as I can while continuing to #rise

Also, forza Haas

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Dorna are desperately searching for another Spanish twink to win every race now that we all love good French lad Fabio "Big Q" Quartararo
I'm a Jack Man myself

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Boco_T posted:

I'm a Jack Man myself

Big yikes from me on that fam

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

This clown didn’t even mention Checo, WDC of our hearts.

netflix is sitting on a ton of checo footage and not releasing it :argh:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I like the Ducati Boys but for some reason I nearly always have to root for French pilots and riders in racing.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

this is the way

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

MustardFacial posted:

*checks notes* Yup, this is accurate. The Papaya Bois are extremely good and popular, just like their supporters

net work error posted:

I'm not quiet at all I'm here and will not be censured or erased! Lots of libel here but like Sir Lewis and Our Toto I will ignore the haters and stay focused on the task at hand. Posting as hard and bad as I can while continuing to #rise

My love for Toto and Lewis cannot, and will not, be silenced. :colbert:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I like the Ducati Boys but for some reason I nearly always have to root for French pilots and riders in racing.

Quatararo is a bit weird to me, he always feels a bit up and down although he obviously held things together long enough last year.

I really want Martin and Bastianini in the factory Ducati team but I think Pecco is probably going to get a couple more years there

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

GramCracker posted:

*checks notes* Yup, this is accurate. The Papaya Bois are extremely good and popular, just like their supporters

:hmmyes:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Charles is bland and inoffensive enough for me not to hate him yet

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

opposable thumbs.db posted:

I'm still chuckling a few times per day about how Haas took Mazepin's money to put sponsor labeling on by far the worst car, then used it to make a good car that Mazepin never gets to drive.

Guenther laughing all the way to the top of the mountain

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

All of this nonsense about Papaya.

McLaren would immediately drop lap times by a couple of tenths if they reverted to the classic silver and black color scheme, which is historically known to be faster.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

MrMojok posted:

McLaren would immediately drop lap times by a couple of tenths if they reverted to the classic silver and black color scheme, which is historically known to be faster.

You mean marlboro livery.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

MrMojok posted:

Maybe like this?

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Questions earlier about changes to Jeddah

https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/status/1506326551343865856

We'll see I guess, doesn't seem to overall make that much difference to it being a concrete trench of a track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

learnincurve posted:

Charles is bland and inoffensive enough for me not to hate him yet

Bland? He is beautiful