Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Flyinglemur posted:

I am almost 50 and have rediscovered my love for Lego. My hands shake to the point that I can't paint traditional models and building these really helps calm my anxiety and PTSD. Plus it's cheaper than golf. For now.

My question is, is there a way to get a heads up about when sold out models will be back in stock? Specifically the new MacLaren formula car.

I just jumped to the end of this thread, looking forward to working my way back. Thanks for any help.

I'm pretty sure the website has an option to notify you when they are in stock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm pretty sure the website has an option to notify you when they are in stock.

I can't get that to work. I have tried on 3 different platforms. I know that things like double points get leaked out, didn't know if inventory was similar

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
White is such a pain in the rear end to photograph.

Lancia Delta S4! I'll have the instructions on RB in a day or two. I'm very pleased with it, especially the interior. 8-wide is pretty liberating for that.

Shoutout to a bootlego Stratos I bought from AliExpress a couple years ago for the "LANAIC" driver.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Flyinglemur posted:

I can't get that to work. I have tried on 3 different platforms. I know that things like double points get leaked out, didn't know if inventory was similar

May I also recommend:

https://www.nowinstock.net/toys/lego/

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Thank you, this is perfect.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Carbohydrates posted:

White is such a pain in the rear end to photograph.

Shoutout to a bootlego Stratos I bought from AliExpress a couple years ago for the "LANAIC" driver.

Now I just want a larger scale group B car so there’s room for a buildable engine that you can see in the rear windscreen.

The grill area is tremendous; man I’d kill for a printed Lancia logo.

I have one small BL package that hasn’t shipped that I’m waiting on to build mine.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Looks like some more higher res images of the Trench Run leaked.

https://www.brickfanatics.com/star-wars-75329-death-star-trench-run-images/

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

The trench run looks cool as a finished product, but all those greebles don't seem very fun to build. Dagobah looks better in that regard (and I think it looks neater overall). I like the idea of the vignettes in general, and have been considering the Vader meditation chamber a few times, but the price point really puts me off.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
I have wanted the Meditation Chamber for awhile but $70 is just to much to me. I’m holding out for a sale or when it goes on clearance at my local Walmart.

If I get one of the new ones it will probably be the Trench Run.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

One two three four five six sev- huh. You really are enjoying the 8 stud format, aren't you?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I really like the vader meditation chamber. The pics don't do it justice. it's quite a neat looking set although I don't love the big technic beam that sticks off the top. otherwise it's great. The price point is a stupid though. Even with the ridiculous SW markup it's overpriced. The other ones they've done like the cloud city duel and Neb B were also over priced but not quite as bad. The two new ones are probably the same but a little more palatable.

The probe droid is the clear winner in that line so far. It looks awesome, is bigger than the meditation chamber and has the same amount of parts but is cheaper. One of my favorite sets even if it's so hilariously brittle I can't believe Lego actually signed off on it.

I have no idea how they price this stuff sometimes.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

tuo posted:

I fear it has pretty low chances of beeing made, but that would be a day-1 purchase for me:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/dc67d247-ee40-423b-8864-d468fa701e14

I've posted this a couple of times but this could really use a rolling rail, even if it wasn't made from Lego parts.

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,
Joy to him who has understood,
Delight to those who have listened.

- Hávamál
Where is the best place to get custom minifigures? A co-teacher if mine has gotten some bad health news. He's the woodworking teacher and he has a distinctive of always wearing a plaid shirt and having at least one pencil tucked behind his ear. He's a great guy and loves LEGO, both for himself and his kids. I thought getting a little mini him might be a fun gift, but I have no idea where to order a custom face from. There is one lego head with a pencil behind the ear, but my guy doesn't have a thin moustache OR wear Pince-nez glasses.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Go with the head that's available and add glasses and a moustache trimmer to the gift package.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Trash Compactor leaked last night. The walls apparently move in and out. The rumored price is 90 euros. I think I like the other two sets better. From the one photo we have it just looks kind of bland to me especially for that price.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

https://twitter.com/Original_Turner/status/1503734945335984138

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Myles Turner is living the best Lego life.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Nth Doctor posted:

One two three four five six sev- huh. You really are enjoying the 8 stud format, aren't you?
You know, it gives me new opportunities. I still prefer to build in 6W for scale reasons, but yeah, this was very fun to style out. To prove the necessity for 8W on this model, here was my attempt at this car in 6:

It was okay. Had the very classic Speed Champions issue of "too narrow, too tall" but to a really silly and extreme degree.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

I saw this posted somewhere else with the caption "Leading the league in blocks."

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Whenever some cool celeb has a big LEGO collection I feel 3% less dorky. He even has a lot of the same sets as me :toot:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Rad Valtar posted:

Trash Compactor leaked last night. The walls apparently move in and out. The rumored price is 90 euros. I think I like the other two sets better. From the one photo we have it just looks kind of bland to me especially for that price.

Lmao at $99 USD

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

What the gently caress one of the smokestacks is backwards

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

NinjaPete posted:

Where is the best place to get custom minifigures? A co-teacher if mine has gotten some bad health news. He's the woodworking teacher and he has a distinctive of always wearing a plaid shirt and having at least one pencil tucked behind his ear. He's a great guy and loves LEGO, both for himself and his kids. I thought getting a little mini him might be a fun gift, but I have no idea where to order a custom face from. There is one lego head with a pencil behind the ear, but my guy doesn't have a thin moustache OR wear Pince-nez glasses.

I got a version of me as a birthday present from https://minifigs.me/

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Rad Valtar posted:

Update to this leak from earlier -- Promobricks says the set is $99, and includes a second room we haven't seen -- R2 and C-3PO in the control room trying to turn the compactor off.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm the light gaps

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

boxen posted:

I saw this posted somewhere else with the caption "Leading the league in blocks."

bricks, too.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Update to this leak from earlier -- Promobricks says the set is $99, and includes a second room we haven't seen -- R2 and C-3PO in the control room trying to turn the compactor off.

Pictures from the box leaked and it’s just C-3PO and R2 on the other side of the wall with a panel looks like. Unless the front of the box is showing something we haven’t seen. Definitely not worth $99 for me.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Are they making it into this weird display piece thing to justify the price?

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Rad Valtar posted:

Pictures from the box leaked and it’s just C-3PO and R2 on the other side of the wall with a panel looks like. Unless the front of the box is showing something we haven’t seen. Definitely not worth $99 for me.

Goddamn that's... not better...

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Rad Valtar posted:

Are any of those Mini-figs exclusive? That’s the only “justification” I can see for $100.

I hope the other ones aren’t that much.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Promobricks says the set is $99
Star Wars more like Dollar Mores

because these things are inordinately expensive

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

bird with big dick posted:

What the gently caress one of the smokestacks is backwards

I found this tweet in a blog article Google recommended to me specifically about the smokestack. I chose to share the tweet instead of the whole article because we've all hosed up a set but had fun anyway. Good for Myles doing something (else) that he loves to do!
Ninja edit: this isn't to say that you're part of the problem or anything, it seems pretty obviously backwards if you look for just a second.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I think there’s an error in the manual for that smokestack where the drawing is reversed or flipped or something. I remember needing to rebuild the sub-assembly because the bit that props it at an angle was on the wrong side.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Are any of those Mini-figs exclusive? That’s the only “justification” I can see for $100.

I think Trench Run is suppose to be $60 and Dagobah $80 which makes this being $100 even worse.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah dagobah looks like a more substantial set idgi.

It’s a drat shame because I’ve wanted a compactor scene for a long time but that price point is just awful…if it was like, $60-70 I’d be down.

Funny how this set pops up just as I was talking about what nonsense Star Wars pricing is.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah dagobah looks like a more substantial set idgi.

It’s a drat shame because I’ve wanted a compactor scene for a long time but that price point is just awful…if it was like, $60-70 I’d be down.

Funny how this set pops up just as I was talking about what nonsense Star Wars pricing is.

Also like 10% of the pieces are just loose bits dumped in the compactor area that will fall on the floor every time you operate the play feature.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
That dude and his ladies are cool.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Yep! Turns out C3P0 is fully printed (arms and side of legs) woth a dual molded silver leg AND R2D2 has back printing!

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

PriorMarcus posted:

Yep! Turns out C3P0 is fully printed (arms and side of legs) woth a dual molded silver leg AND R2D2 has back printing!

Oh drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

lol that's absolutely gonna justify the cost for many

including possibly me ffs lego

speaking of, got a late birthday present from my ex today of the probe droid, sweet