Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I finished it after no lifing last season. Nothing the gun is intended to do feels as good as taking it into Gambit and making 4 complete strangers hate you. If you’re stuck at that part of the Malfeasance quest this is your shot.

Is there any objection to adding Mr. Fruit to the content creators in the OP. I do my best to vet the ones that have stood the test of time and don’t promote bad vibes, but Mr. Fruit has a MASSIVE following and I’ve never heard of him. He cool?

Awesome IB goon stacks last night. Finished the quest and all 4 pinnies, and even got to play against some Bungie devs out in the wild (they won but it was a very close game!!!!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Bust Rodd posted:

I finished it after no lifing last season. Nothing the gun is intended to do feels as good as taking it into Gambit and making 4 complete strangers hate you. If you’re stuck at that part of the Malfeasance quest this is your shot.

That just got patched.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Bust Rodd posted:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Hackan Slash posted:

You should totally pick up Eriana's as soon as possible to start grinding through the 400 playlist completions for the catalyst because it's really good.

I will never pass up the opportunity to once again point out how loving awful exotic catalysts are

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I will never pass up the opportunity to once again point out how loving awful exotic catalysts are

They suck!!! It’s a sucky concept! I hope the guy who insists on keeping it gets a mild case of the coronavirus that forces him to rest and not do anything for a very long time, as this would be justice inshallah

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

fast cars loose anus posted:

god drat who keeps doing this

and why isnt the 4x seasonal thing retroactive this is very silly

with that said I need to masterwork my heart of inmost light and then after that my next golfball will go to a vow, then

the 4x season boost still didn’t make it much less painful because at that time the catalyst required having eriana’s equipped at the end of the activities lol

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Bust Rodd posted:

Is there any objection to adding Mr. Fruit to the content creators in the OP. I do my best to vet the ones that have stood the test of time and don’t promote bad vibes, but Mr. Fruit has a MASSIVE following and I’ve never heard of him. He cool?

I think he's more of a popular streamer who sometimes plays Destiny than a community leader; he took a long break from Destiny that he just recently came back from.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
saladin started a cabal version of the iron banner, with 'iron warbeasts' instead of wolves

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Legend Psi Ops is kind of annoying but it's super rewarding. Four guns (2x redframes) and two pieces of armor, including a Pinnacle

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Legend Psi Ops is kind of annoying but it's super rewarding. Four guns (2x redframes) and two pieces of armor, including a Pinnacle

Note the red border drop is not guaranteed, you just seem to have a higher chance than normal.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Oh yeah, plus there's a Table Upgrade to make your first Legend Psi Ops drop an additional weapon and an additional armor each week.

It also seems to give a TON of Rep? I was at level 14 and now I'm almost finished with Level 16

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

I'm starting to see why some people call this a second job. Three runs of the Wellspring and Come to Pass dropped twice, but neither with Resonance. Not having a way to guarantee a red box drop of a weapon you want seriously sucks.

Other than that I still have some grinding to do to prepare for the various Exotic and Evidence Board missions. Since I only play pretty casually (like an hour or so a day) it might take a while.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

harrygomm fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jun 22, 2022

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Grimthwacker posted:

I'm starting to see why some people call this a second job. Three runs of the Wellspring and Come to Pass dropped twice, but neither with Resonance. Not having a way to guarantee a red box drop of a weapon you want seriously sucks.

Other than that I still have some grinding to do to prepare for the various Exotic and Evidence Board missions. Since I only play pretty casually (like an hour or so a day) it might take a while.

If it's any consolation, that questline is widely considered not worth doing at all. The exotic glaives are abysmal, even worse than Enigma.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Grimthwacker posted:

Back when the Pinnacle weapons had crazy quests tied to them it sure felt like one! I remember banging my head against the wall repeatedly trying to finish breakneck. Dabbled in wellspring but I have so much other stuff to do. Better than having nothing to do though.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

The mountaintop questline was shockingly brutal, you had to do two objectives, something like get three GL kills in a single life and also get grenade launcher double kills. And you had to do both like a hundred times. It was insane. I remember pacing myself and aiming to get five or six of each objective a day while also grinding to fabled rank in the glory playlist, which was the final requirement for it. Rally barricade with auto-reload and fighting lion did most of the heavy lifting here.

It was worth it, but I remember Bungie going on record saying they will never do that kind of thing again, and for good reason. What a horrible slog.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Oh man, that loving sucks that you did all that only to see it vaulted.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I didn't mind the Mountaintop Quest since it was just "play some PvP with a heavy GL equipped", but I was fortunate enough to get it done at the start of its debut season.

Shortly after that, there was a terrible period where they nerfed Heavy GLs in Crucible, but it was several months before they patched the medals/multi-kills requirements to be way easier.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Oh man, that loving sucks that you did all that only to see it vaulted.

Eh, I don't think anyone really sheds too much of a tear for it. I got Mountaintop the week it came out and was prettttttty darn sick of it within a year, let alone 2+!

Plus you can still use it any time you want in power floor activities, it just got a well-deserved Nerf so it's not as good as many other breech GL options

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Timely for me to get to the 2nd step of Witherhoard catalyst today, ugh that one looks brutal.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

patch notes posted:

Fixed an issue where Child of the Old Gods could damage some targets through immunity shields.

While the Child will not be put on time out, it now knows better and has issued heartfelt apologies to all targets that it has damaged through immunity.

We are thankful to have such a good Child, and are proud of them.
Now if you could tell your son to move to other targets instead of sitting there over a pile of toasted dregs, I would also be proud of the little poo poo.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I liked Mountaintop entirely because it was an extremely punchy Special Weapon that went in the Kinetic Slot that wasn't Exotic, a Sniper Rifle, or a Shotgun. It was my fallback for running out of Heavy and/or for punching holes in Majors when the Fighting Lion didn't get the point across.

These days I've got Ignition Code, Pardon Our Dust, and Deliverance for those purposes. As nice as Mountaintop was, it's not the only game in town anymore, so I don't really miss it.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Verdugo posted:

Back when the Pinnacle weapons had crazy quests tied to them it sure felt like one! I remember banging my head against the wall repeatedly trying to finish breakneck. Dabbled in wellspring but I have so much other stuff to do. Better than having nothing to do though.

They should bring back the pinnacle weapons as exotics.

and just give them to the people that earned them the first time around. Give me my Loaded Question and Breakneck back, you cowards.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
A lot of the old pinnacle weapons are already back, and way better than they were before!

Loaded Question in particular but certainly Breakneck, Redrix, Komodo, Edgewise, Exit Strategy, etc

Focused Fury is sort of the new, balanced version of Magnificent Howl but it also sucks on Primaries so I think if/when it gets a Primary-specific buff (a la Vorpal) it'll be a reasonable pick on Hand Cannons

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
They called it Komodo because when you used it you then did a 360 and Marie Komodo’d it from your vault

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Banshee has a Perses-D with vorpal, tunnel vision, tactical mag and full bore. It's a lovely roll of a lovely gun and he has a habit of changing his mind on Wednesdays so grab it now if you want the D.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
The new radio message is very :allears:.

Saladin is fantastic.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
4 come to passes from attack days

zero patterns

good system bungie

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I think I've gotten exactly one deepsight weapon from Wellspring. But then again I'm not in any real rush and don't do much of it.

I did get a Submission roll that feels shockingly good. Perp. Motion + Swashbuckler with Hammer-forged and Tac Mag. The reload masterwork feels unnecessary, so when I craft one I'll probably go for this roll with a range masterwork.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I like having a guaranteed path toward my personal Godrolls but I gotta say, every single aspect of the Crafting System leads to Not Fun Gameplay constraints

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Fortunately it's technically optional and you can grind for guns the old fashioned way!

Crafting needs a year of live testing before really investing in it, Bungie just doesn't have the chops to put a new system in and get it right the first time. Or the second time. Or third.

But the fourth one stood!

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

I don't think it's smash-car-door-on-penis bad, I got a god-roll palmyra-b out of it which I will probably use for the entirety of WQ. And Bungie is demonstrating that they're listening to feedback at least, with the changes to drop rates and removal of crafting elements next season.
I'm sure a year from now it'll be significantly expanded with way less pain points. The first iteration of any new system is always going to be a little lacklustre. It's easier to work up than to tune down.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

I feel fortunate with my Wellspring drops to get that Relic quest initially out of the way. I got everything by doing just the regular run for the weekly rewards and maybe 4 master versions.
Since then, though, I'm having no luck getting the pattern for the Warlock and Titan glaive.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Collateral Damage posted:

Join Serious Overchill and ping the d2-pve-lfg role in #d2-lfg-botzone

https://discord.gg/srsoc

but I'm on Europe tho, and the euro goon squad link in OP is dead

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I like having a guaranteed path toward my personal Godrolls but I gotta say, every single aspect of the Crafting System leads to Not Fun Gameplay constraints

A lot of this “Not Fun” gameplay is 100% people going online, seeing that Wellspring has lovely, bugged drop rates locking you out of a lovely quest for lovely exotics no one uses and saying to themselves “well, I had better go grind this game mode for 6 hours so I can unlock these weapons everyone hates!” instead of just waiting until it’s fixed.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Wellspring is a great example of an activity that would probably be ok if it was slightly shorter and there wasn't a quest attached which makes you do it so many times that you end up hating it.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

ilifinicus posted:

https://discord.gg/FWsmrKH

Once you get in there just request an invite, and also apply to the bungie clan (tato)

Might be worth updating the OP with the new link Bust Rodd

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

ilifinicus posted:

There's quite a few European players as well (yours truly included).

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Playing with EU goons is the best, you can pretend all their fun accents are because they are aliens. Very immersive!

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

londoners are the vex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Bust Rodd posted:

A lot of this “Not Fun” gameplay is 100% people going online, seeing that Wellspring has lovely, bugged drop rates locking you out of a lovely quest for lovely exotics no one uses and saying to themselves “well, I had better go grind this game mode for 6 hours so I can unlock these weapons everyone hates!” instead of just waiting until it’s fixed.

I'm just doing these quest because they're on my quest page, tbh.

But I understand I can just abandon them if the quest is particularly lovely or grindy or unfun.

I randomly got an exotic WQ quest from Amanda Holiday, of all people, which rewarded me another copy of Sweet Business. I did it anyway.