Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Immolat1on posted:

Ferrari seems to have by far the best acceleration out of corners, some sort of illegal traction control engine mode??? Watch this space for a protest

Also it seems clear from the onboards that Max* and Checo's engines failed in the exact same way (and unrelated to Gasly?) but the engineer seems pretty genuine in not knowing wtf is going on. You'd think if it was fuel or mgu or whatever they'd see something? What the heck happened to those engines?????

the drivetrain doesn't lock up because the engine runs out of gas. Those engines went kaboom in a big way.

Thanks Ants posted:

All the people at McLaren are cool and good, as are their fans

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Holy smokes :lmao:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Send all the white British people back to Saxony Normandy and Denmark

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

quote:

Foxtel has announced a multi-year rights extension with Formula 1 which will keep Fox Sports and Kayo as the exclusive home of every practice, qualifying session and race in Australia.

And in a major boost to fans, Foxtel is set to bring the innovative F1TV app to set top boxes - free of charge.

Woo!

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Copied from a Reddit post:

quote:

An email from F1 fantasy- “The current position with Nico Hulkenberg driving the first race of the season and Sebastian Vettel due to return shortly has introduced some additional complexity to the dynamic pricing structure, which we have been working on. We expect this to be completed later today or tomorrow, at which point driver and constructor prices will begin updating. We understand and appreciate fans' anticipation for the start of the Formula 1 season, and with it the start of dynamic pricing and sentiment bar changes. We are also very keen to receive feedback about how we can continue to improve the F1 Fantasy experience. In this particular case, we ask that you understand the knock-on impacts that unforeseen events can have.”

I suspect they took a shortcut in simply replacing Vettel's name and image with Hulk's instead of adding a new driver, and now they're reaping the consequences.

PhoenixFlaccus fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Mar 23, 2022

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I bet loads of people were having sleepless nights over the dynamic price of Sebastian Vettel in the F1 fantasy game

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Can't imagine that many people had Seb on their fantasy teams.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

net work error posted:

Can't imagine that many people had Seb on their fantasy teams.

*cough*

I do.

Hey, he was inexpensive and i had to fill out my roster!

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

How much of performance do you guys think is the driver, and how much is the car?

I lean towards about 60% car-40% driver but I would like to know what others think.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

MrMojok posted:

How much of performance do you guys think is the driver, and how much is the car?

I lean towards about 60% car-40% driver but I would like to know what others think.

Max: 90% the car
Mercedes: 90% Lewis

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
100% passion

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Modulo16 posted:

Just to reiterate that Max deserves everything that happened, and it needs to happen repeatedly.

It’s true he did deserve his WDC last year and should have many more in his future. At least 1 more than Lewis finishes with.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
Haas: 100% Maz tears

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

im so glad TSN in Canada plays commercials during the races, definitely doesnt make me Extremely Mad when they cut to them at the worst loving times

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

MrMojok posted:

It might be more worthwhile to assess how much potential a driver is capable of getting out of a car. Your numbers seem kind of arbitrary imo. A car can't go anywhere without a driver and vice versa.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Hot Karl Marx posted:

im so glad TSN in Canada plays commercials during the races, definitely doesnt make me Extremely Mad when they cut to them at the worst loving times

F1TV Pro works in Canada and is totally commercial free.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

It might be more worthwhile to assess how much potential a driver is capable of getting out of a car. Your numbers seem kind of arbitrary imo. A car can't go anywhere without a driver and vice versa.

Holy poo poo I finally did it. Quote != edit

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Unforeseen events? Like substitute drivers? Cause that’s never happened before?

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Hot Karl Marx posted:

For some reason this reminds me of the Australian (or Canadian?) gp a few years back when the camera kept panning away from racing action and instead randomly zoomed into the crowd repeatedly

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

MustardFacial posted:

F1TV Pro works in Canada and is totally commercial free.

yeah I might do that, I just use my dad's TV subscription login to live stream sports/HBO/whatever cause I don't (and never will) have cable so I was watching for "free"

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I wish F1TV's player was less poo poo, it constantly buffers mid-video when I'm trying to watch archived races. I have fibre so I know it's not my end.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Bloody Pom posted:

I wish F1TV's player was less poo poo, it constantly buffers mid-video when I'm trying to watch archived races. I have fibre so I know it's not my end.

Works fine for me so…

…seems like it’s on your end.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Bloody Pom posted:

UHHHH have you tried watching it on an Apple TV 4K? because I do not have this issue when watching on one

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Theophany posted:

This is now officially the 2022 Scuderia Ferrari Formula One Appreciation thread, if you want to talk about gross shades of orange and mediocrity please vacate to another thread and vomit amongst yourselves, tia

sponsored by phillips morris international

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
lol that the circuit is probably getting blown the gently caress out by yemen missiles. i guess we race as one TM doesnt count for saudi arabia human rights violations

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

I did not realize that you incur point penalties if you change your F1 Fantasy lineup too much each week. That's annoying

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Bloody Pom posted:

I've oom'd the browser tab a few times now. It's p bad.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

MustardFacial posted:

Welcome to the thread!

First off you should get a primer on the thread for people to ignore:

2. Mercedes supporters. Easily the most tedious of the bunch. Medcedes has dominated the sport for the last 7 years and gifted Lewis Hamilton 6 of his 7 WDC's. Because of this, this group believes Lewis to be the 2nd coming of christ just because he can open DRS and pass the entire field on the straight. They're all very quiet now because Mercedes has been fairly mediocre lately, but they're a good team so by the European leg of the season they should be back near the front. Mercedes has ruined the sport for the better part of a decade. You'll see this group throwing around a lot of asterisks like a bunch of entitled Karen's because they're still salty about something that happened 3 months ago.

I'm not sure you'll find a single Mercedes supporter in this thread tbh

Plenty of lewis fans as he's cool and good but I'm not sure many of us gave a poo poo about the team itself

There might be the odd toto fan though

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Skarsnik posted:

Plenty of lewis fans as he's cool and good but I'm not sure many of us gave a poo poo about the team itself

You’re odd if you’re not a Toto fan, hth

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

boop the snoot posted:

Max: 90% the car
Mercedes: 90% Lewis

:hmmyes:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Toto is the sexiest man on the pit wall

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Toto is a Very Serious man

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
How many preseason Papayaphiles have jumped ship for Ferrari like grubby rats? I know I have, though just for long enough to see Charlos and co. deny Max a real WDC.

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Thanks Ants posted:

is the sexiest man on the pit wall

you already posted the sexiest man on the pit wall a page ago you goof

Thanks Ants posted:

Also, changing my sixer request. Can I get a Guenther pls?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
https://twitter.com/a_s12/status/1506435750216282120?s=21

:vince:

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

20 minutes away and I won't be able to afford it.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

8 PM night race in UTC-8 is 4 AM in the UK? Did I do that right?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

lmao thats a pro ckick

Skarsnik posted:

If you re-check your notes you'll find that all 3 are Cool And Good, OP!

boop the snoot posted:

You’re odd if you’re not a Toto fan, hth

Thanks Ants posted:

Toto is the sexiest man on the pit wall

Of course the good Papaya Bois posters ITT have Correct Opinions on Our Toto. Further cementing the fact that all the people at McLaren are cool and good, as are their fans

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

smackfu posted:

8 PM night race in UTC-8 is 4 AM in the UK? Did I do that right?

make it a Saturday night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Mercedes are the only ones doing crazy stuff like DAS and sidepod zero and they even were so good at engine maps f1 changed the rules because they were so good at it. Until another team comes out with cool ideas I will continue to think Mercedes are cool and good.