Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

At that price you would have to be a real freak not to buy Resident Evil 2.

Or a handsome devil who already owns it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I got RE3 at $20 and it felt about right. That's a good deal for sure.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Lammasu posted:

How do you do that? I looked in Options and didn't see anything.

Crank up the slider on the delay when choosing abilities. It'll be a full stop

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Professor Beetus posted:

Fellow Xbox SeX havers, is there an option somewhere to make it so that plugging in my controller to the Xbox to charge it doesn't turn the Xbox on? I usually forget to plug it in until after I'm done playing and it's kind of annoying.

Panasonic K-KJ17MCA4BA Advanced Individual Cell Battery Charger Pack with 4 AA eneloop 2100 Cycle Rechargeable Batteries https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JHKSMJU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_XYM21Q87ABQ63CH565ZE

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

kri kri posted:

Panasonic K-KJ17MCA4BA Advanced Individual Cell Battery Charger Pack with 4 AA eneloop 2100 Cycle Rechargeable Batteries https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JHKSMJU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_XYM21Q87ABQ63CH565ZE

I probably should have mentioned that I was talking about the elite controller, which does not use AAs. I have rechargeable AAs for my other controllers already lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Resident Evil 2 Remake is one of the best games of last gen. Masterpiece. 3 is decent but you it more feels like a really good bit of DLC to 2.
☝️:hai:

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

My elite v2 doesn't turn the console on when I charge it but it has a charging dock.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Laserface posted:

My elite v2 doesn't turn the console on when I charge it but it has a charging dock.

Oh huh, I guess I should use the charging dock that came with it then, I wondered why they bothered including that since you can just plug the USB cable in directly. :doh:

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Bonny Jock Lemon posted:

Crank up the slider on the delay when choosing abilities. It'll be a full stop

Target Lock Break delay?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Tunic is alright. Just got to the shield. I could see new players getting frustrated before they get the metal sword or shield but as for difficulty... the games not easy but its not hard. Am I missing something.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Seltzer posted:

Tunic is alright. Just got to the shield. I could see new players getting frustrated before they get the metal sword or shield but as for difficulty... the games not easy but its not hard. Am I missing something.

It's possible to get farther without those items (apparently) and there are some difficulty spikes. Due to the nature of the game's information it's also possible to go directions too early without knowing you're going the wrong way.

I think there's a separate issue related to the presentation and the actual combat - it looks like it should play like Zelda but really incorporates Souls-esque (and other "hard" 3rd person action) combat in expecting a more deliberate approach to combat. I'm playing Elden Ring right now so "get a couple hits, back off/block, observe patterns, attack" feels natural, but if I was playing LTTP it would feel very different.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

If RE3 was a 20 or even 30 dollar DLC for RE2 remake I would have been really happy with it, but I will always be salty about paying $60 for it at launch and finishing it in 2 sittings. Not that RE2 is a long game but it felt like a full enough package to justify the price, plus it just felt like a lot more effort was put into it.

RE3 still looks and plays good and is overall solid. it's just a shameful amount of content for a full priced game.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Seltzer posted:

Check in after you go to the Quarry and the Ziggurat.

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan

Seltzer posted:

I only played for about 30 minutes but my overriding impression wasn't that the game was crazy hard, just that a game of that kind had no need to be that hard. It's not like there's a million genuinely great LTTP clones available with this level of presentation, and the manual mechanic is already a fresh twist on it, so sprinkling it with Dark Souls mechanics seems unnecessary.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Jables88 posted:

I only played for about 30 minutes but my overriding impression wasn't that the game was crazy hard, just that a game of that kind had no need to be that hard. It's not like there's a million genuinely great LTTP clones available with this level of presentation, and the manual mechanic is already a fresh twist on it, so sprinkling it with Dark Souls mechanics seems unnecessary.

There being a million genuinely great LTTP clones is a great reason to sprinkle "Dark Souls mechanics" in (though I'm afraid that phrase is losing all meaning). Especially when the game lets the player decide if they want the game to be difficult or not.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.

Lammasu posted:

Target Lock Break delay?
In Difficulty there will be something called Guardians Mode Slowdown. It's a slider, and the further you drag it to the right the more intense the slowdown will be. All the way to the right is a complete stop.

You can also adjust the Guardians Cooldown Duration. By default mine was at 1.1 so I bumped it back down to 1.0 to use abilities a little more often.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
The problem with Tunic isn't that they add Dark Souls combat mechanics, it's that they bombard you with huge amounts of terrible enemies in certain portions of the game and it creates these enormously frustrating encounters that have nothing to do with "oh I didn't block or dodge quickly enough there"

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

You forgot to mention the Series S(onic) that they come with

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

super fart shooter posted:

:greenangel:

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

super fart shooter posted:

Lmao, that actually looks pretty cool. But the furry controllers seem insanely dumb from a usability point of view

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
I guess we're talking about it though. I don't think they'd sell a ton if they manufactured them for sale but it seems like a good amount of buzz for something limited.

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan

Zerot posted:

There being a million genuinely great LTTP clones is a great reason to sprinkle "Dark Souls mechanics" in (though I'm afraid that phrase is losing all meaning). Especially when the game lets the player decide if they want the game to be difficult or not.

I'm using Dark Souls mechanics to describe the fact you rest at bonfires and the enemies respawn. I know that DS is invoked to just mean 'hard game' but I think I'm using it fairly here.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Those things are not meant for use, you keep them in a box and you sell them 20 years later for mo money.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

John F Bennett posted:

Those things are not meant for use, you keep them in a box and you sell them 20 years later for mo money.

but enough about the PS5

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
im gonna put sonic hair bows in mine and then wear the entire controller on my head. Yeah that's right get hosed jojo siwa, there's a new big hair bitch in town.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I love the image of Idris Elba on the phone with his agent while wearing a Sonic t shirt trying to get the part of Knuckles.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

In Difficulty there will be something called Guardians Mode Slowdown. It's a slider, and the further you drag it to the right the more intense the slowdown will be. All the way to the right is a complete stop.

You can also adjust the Guardians Cooldown Duration. By default mine was at 1.1 so I bumped it back down to 1.0 to use abilities a little more often.

I have to start over to get to change it?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

John F Bennett posted:

they're meant for sonic fans to gently caress, op

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Lammasu posted:

I have to start over to get to change it?

It should let you do it at any time in the accessibility settings

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I can picture Dan Ryckert getting one and streaming a playthrough of Sonic 2006 with it

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

The combat in Tunic is not difficult but if you haven’t found certain key items or go to a late-game area before you’re ready of course it gets tough.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
It's pretty clearly Zelda-inspired as well, and the first Legend of Zelda gets pretty brutal in the later dungeons, areas. Lots of Wizorbs and other high difficulty enemies that do decent health damage against you, often with challenging attack patterns. I dunno, last time I played the og Zelda game, I found it extremely difficult to the point of frustration at some points. Sounds like Tunic has some of that DNA.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

What are some good LTTP clones? Most of them I've tried were pretty meh.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I wonder how fast that fur adhesive will start peeling off if the controllers see actual use. And how quickly will your skin start itching?

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Professor Beetus posted:

It's pretty clearly Zelda-inspired as well, and the first Legend of Zelda gets pretty brutal in the later dungeons, areas. Lots of Wizorbs and other high difficulty enemies that do decent health damage against you, often with challenging attack patterns. I dunno, last time I played the og Zelda game, I found it extremely difficult to the point of frustration at some points. Sounds like Tunic has some of that DNA.

This is much more accurate/productive a take than the "the combat's not that hard"/"they just dropped in some Dark Souls" discourse. The combat itself is fine, for the most part. The give-and-take with enemies, the patterns, the ability to roll out of harm's way, that all works fine. It's when you find yourself in confined spaces with a shitload of enemies who pop up suddenly and attack from all angles from halfway across the screen — or in open spaces with enemies that bombard you with sniper shots and grenades from offscreen and run away as you approach them — that the whole thing sinks into frustrating bullshit. The bosses are fuckoff hard, too, but they're fair and there's only one at a time, so that's not the focus here.

Were it not for those portions with excessive amounts of lovely enemies, Tunic would easily be my GOTY thus far. Hell, it still might be, because once I turned on god mode and got to focus on the fun poo poo it was incredible.

Toaster Beef fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Mar 23, 2022

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

SeANMcBAY posted:

A Link Between Worlds

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

SeANMcBAY posted:

Link Between Worlds

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
e;fb

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

SeANMcBAY posted:

Dark Souls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Professor Beetus posted:

Oh huh, I guess I should use the charging dock that came with it then, I wondered why they bothered including that since you can just plug the USB cable in directly. :doh:

I have a wood holder with headphone thing from geek made designs on Etsy but I don’t see them any more.

Anyways yeah just use the dock!!