Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Kalli posted:

As long as they win 2 and some other slapdick doesn't win 3 . If Stafford goes out in 5 years and ends up with more titles then Mahomes does for his career? then yeah, GTA death screen

Sorry, Jameis and the Saints are winning five straight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Silly Burrito posted:

Sorry, Jameis and the Saints are winning five straight.

Five straight what?

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Five straight what?

#1 picks

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Mahomes's earliest career playoff exit in four seasons as a starter is OT in the AFCCG, at this point the season has to be over earlier than that before I'm actually worried about what this team can do.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I love Mahomes and I love big papa Andy.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Brady broke everyone's brains and mutated what people think a successful career is for a QB

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Maybe, but winners win

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Most picks that week for five straight sounds right

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

a neat cape posted:

Brady broke everyone's brains and mutated what people think a successful career is for a QB

imagine if every single college basketball coach had people saying "yeah but he's not John Wooden so can we really say he's good"

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

a neat cape posted:

Nah I mean Mahomes is easily on track to the HoF already. I'm just saying, even if he wins 2, but some other guy in his era wins three Chiefs fans are gonna have an inferiority complex over that for forever, just how it is, even if that QB is clearly worse.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Kalli posted:

Nah I mean Mahomes is easily on track to the HoF already. I'm just saying, even if he wins 2, but some other guy in his era wins three Chiefs fans are gonna have an inferiority complex over that for forever, just how it is, even if that QB is clearly worse.

It’s less about Mahomes and more about the general expectations for any given HoF qb.

That pats fan posted earlier that the floor is multiple Super Bowl wins. Most qbs don’t even get to go to that many Super Bowls.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
https://twitter.com/LuisDSung/status/1506693036629180421

Someone photoshop Hill in place of Grant here

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Wow, that's quite a bit

Now let me see what the Texans got for Nuk

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Ornery and Hornery posted:

It’s less about Mahomes and more about the general expectations for any given HoF qb.

That pats fan posted earlier that the floor is multiple Super Bowl wins. Most qbs don’t even get to go to that many Super Bowls.

Most QBs don’t deserve to sniff the HoF period. Those that do make it in more often than not won more than one championship. In fact 14 out of the 27 who are in it won their leagues championship multiple times. This includes the pre Super Bowl era. That will grow to 16 out of 30 when Eli, Ben, and Brees are in. Several others won one and went to at least one more. Then there are the two tragic QBs cursed by God, Jim Kelly and that poor bastard who was on the 70s Vikings.

Anyway the point is that if Mahomes plays another 12 years and doesn’t win another Super Bowl that’s a letdown.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Intruder posted:

Wow, that's quite a bit

Now let me see what the Texans got for Nuk

It's a lot of picks but not a ton of "draft value" per the points, so it's kinda meh. I really think we're going to see a few Dolphins get traded for peanuts soon.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It’s wild to me on a day like this that I didn’t get to post here all day maybe work should be reevaluated in general

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/ESPNCleveland/status/1506797183550595076?t=_qwHyc-r3h4_83Z58kVEyw&s=19

God I want this to happen so badly just for the DRAMA

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Amy Pole Her posted:

It's a lot of picks but not a ton of "draft value" per the points, so it's kinda meh. I really think we're going to see a few Dolphins get traded for peanuts soon.

well it's more about taking a shot at the Texans/BOB for me than anything

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Lmfao. Can the Rams get a mulligan on the Woods trade?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

So is Parm back now or what

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Intruder posted:

So is Parm back now or what

Frank Clark

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Chiefs are just a normal good team now without the utterly terrifying threat of Mahomes to Hill on any given play

I get it, but still, RIP to the scariest offense ever

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Big bet on super bowl or bust. He ain't gonna be ready before the playoffs after retearing the same acl

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

e: nvm he's a FA

So the Chiefs should SIGN Fuller, not have him included in the trade

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Intruder posted:

well it's more about taking a shot at the Texans/BOB for me than anything

I will never ever love a man as much as I love BOB

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Then there are the two tragic QBs cursed by God, Jim Kelly and that poor bastard who was on the 70s Vikings.

That was Fran Tarkenton, who was their QB for three of their four Vikings trips (Joe Kapp was for the first). When Tarkenton retired, he was the league leader in a bunch of the big passing categories like touchdowns and yards, having broken records set by Unitas, and was infamous for his scrambling ability.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZKSVjookj4

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

It's like Romo vs Eli.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

nooooo OBJ stay on the Rams. :(

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Browns going full NWO

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Kalli posted:

I don't know I think celebrating a team winning the super bowl was fun and I want more fan bases to have that moment. No need to hoard.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Browns going full NWO

The nWo won championships though.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Most QBs don’t deserve to sniff the HoF period. Those that do make it in more often than not won more than one championship. In fact 14 out of the 27 who are in it won their leagues championship multiple times. This includes the pre Super Bowl era. That will grow to 16 out of 30 when Eli, Ben, and Brees are in. Several others won one and went to at least one more. Then there are the two tragic QBs cursed by God, Jim Kelly and that poor bastard who was on the 70s Vikings.

Anyway the point is that if Mahomes plays another 12 years and doesn’t win another Super Bowl that’s a letdown.

Brees didn't win or went to more than one Super Bowl

VVVVVV Yeah the way is was phrased made me think he was putting him in the same category as Eli and Ben but you're right

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Mar 24, 2022

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mystic Stylez posted:

Brees didn't win or went to more than one Super Bowl

Which is why they said 16 instead of 17?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fartknocker posted:

That was Fran Tarkenton, who was their QB for three of their four Vikings trips (Joe Kapp was for the first). When Tarkenton retired, he was the league leader in a bunch of the big passing categories like touchdowns and yards, having broken records set by Unitas, and was infamous for his scrambling ability.

Yeah Tarkenton from what I can tell stats-wise was like the proto-Marino. He didn't play like him at all from what I can tell from old highlights but he retired owning records on every meaningful stat while never having gotten a ring.

The way he played was more like a pre-alpha build of what would eventually end up being Steve Young. Or an even more nascent and much smaller concept design of Josh Allen maybe.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Grittybeard posted:

The way he played was more like a pre-alpha build of what would eventually end up being Steve Young. Or an even more nascent and much smaller concept design of Josh Allen maybe.

I’d say more like Russell Wilson, as their scrambling style of looping around behind the line for what feels like minutes before throwing it down field. Young, particularly early in his career, and Allen were guys who’d run down field for gains, while Tarkenton did most of his work behind the line of scrimmage and never had a big amount of rushing yards (He never hit 400 in a season for example).

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I don't know I think celebrating a team winning the super bowl was fun and I want more fan bases to have that moment. No need to hoard.

Naw, if everyone has one recently it's not as special. :smugdog:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Sports got worse when the Cubs finally won.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Sports got worse when the Eagles finally won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

You need to go back 20+ years to when Boston teams started winning stuff. That was the beginning of the dark times.