Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

moonmazed posted:

wow, you can tell the future?

I can count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

VitalSigns posted:

Those missiles falling on Lviv are just defending the ethnic Russians in Donbas, gawrsh

Vlad is just a cute smol bean surrounding and investing Kyiv with tank units

Do I really have to wave a flag that says "gently caress the wars!" on it? Because gently caress the wars.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Wouldn't be the first time Russia has stalled out and failed to beat a much weaker country. Just you know hopefully this time the US doesn't set up the weaker country for decades of civil war with its arms.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Zeroisanumber posted:

Do I really have to wave a flag that says "gently caress the wars!" on it? Because gently caress the wars.

Did you quote the wrong post or something because I don't see how you read anything pro-war into what you quoted

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Hee-eere, we go!

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010
I wonder what freep thinks about the supreme court nominee.

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames

Zeroisanumber posted:

I can count.

only up to 1488 though

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

moonmazed posted:

only up to 1488 though

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh kid, you've got no idea how far off-base your insinuation is.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Lysandus posted:

I wonder what freep thinks about the supreme court nominee.

Do you really have to ask?

:freep: posted:

To: Rummyfan

I need to hear her pronounce the following:

Ambulance
Community
Ask
Sandwich
Knowwhutimsayin.

5 posted on 03/22/2022 6:17:26 AM PDT by Levy78
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Rummyfan

What would actually be historic at this point is if a Democrat president appointed a white Christian male to the Supreme Court. The last one confirmed was Byron White appointed by JFK 60 years ago. You’d hardly guess white Christian men were the largest ethnic group in the country would you? Kenji Brown Jackson makes three ethnically identifiable women in a row for the Democrats and 4 of their last 5 appointees.

20 posted on 03/22/2022 8:15:05 AM PDT by your other brother

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Jagged Jim posted:

Hm. I wonder why you have to go that far back to find one appointed by a democrat. Let's ask Merick Garland, he knows a lot about the surpreme court.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

moonmazed posted:

only up to 1488 though

reddit gold, well memed

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Neito posted:

Hm. I wonder why you have to go that far back to find one appointed by a democrat. Let's ask Merick Garland, he knows a lot about the surpreme court.

He's Jewish though.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

"ethnically identifiable women"
:yikes:

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Scratch Monkey posted:

He's Jewish though.

Yeah, I was gonna say something about the other guys that have been appointed but didn't think to check Garland for some reason.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I got really excited about mining this article, which is The Front Page of FOX, for some wonderful comments.

Unfortunately, it is posted as part of a Live Feed. Which means no comments. Yet.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Zeroisanumber posted:

I can count.

My wife's russian, she says "lol, just lmfao, amerikanets"

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

What does freep think of Clarence Thomas, or Ginny Thomas?

RadioDog
May 31, 2005

Jagged Jim posted:

You don't.

quote:

To: elpadre
She’s Black. No other reason for disqualification is needed

Political analysys

10 posted on 3/22/2022, 2:32:52 PM by bert ( (KE. NP. N.C. +12) Promoting Afro Heritage diversity will destroy the democrats)

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Look, just because she's massively over-qualified and has more experience than a solid chunk of the bench combined, there's just something that conservatives dislike about her that they can't put their finger on.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:

RadioDog posted:

You don't.

And yet he follows the APA style guide and capitalizes "Black" while disparaging her race :thunk:

As a side note, when did White start getting capitalized?

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

RadioDog posted:

10 posted on 3/22/2022, 2:32:52 PM by bert ( (KE. NP. N.C. +12) Promoting Afro Heritage diversity will destroy the democrats)

Love to point out how my political enemies can self immolate yet uncomfortable with having the topic publicly discussed because they're racist

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

D34THROW posted:

And yet he follows the APA style guide and capitalizes "Black" while disparaging her race :thunk:

As a side note, when did White start getting capitalized?

Same time as Black probably, because capitalizing just one would be patronising or insulting.
https://apastyle.apa.org/style-grammar-guidelines/bias-free-language/racial-ethnic-minorities

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

Herman Merman posted:

Same time as Black probably, because capitalizing just one would be patronising or insulting.
https://apastyle.apa.org/style-grammar-guidelines/bias-free-language/racial-ethnic-minorities

I actually looked into it on the style guide back when capitalizing Black became standard practice. Given, it's been a couple years, but I think at least for a while, maybe a few months or more, it was just Black - I think because Black was at the time considered more of a racial identity than White given all the past bullshit or something like that.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

D34THROW posted:

I actually looked into it on the style guide back when capitalizing Black became standard practice. Given, it's been a couple years, but I think at least for a while, maybe a few months or more, it was just Black - I think because Black was at the time considered more of a racial identity than White given all the past bullshit or something like that.

I remember exactly that as well, and didn't realize that any style guides were prescribing White now. I always just read it as a White supremacist dogwhistle.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Xiahou Dun posted:

Look, just because she's massively over-qualified and has more experience than a solid chunk of the bench combined, there's just something that conservatives dislike about her that they can't put their finger on.

I think they're putting their finger on it quite pointedly, to be fair.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
What is the greatest television theme song?

quote:

To: Beowulf9
Dukes of Hazzard. They were just good ol’ boys.

23 posted on 3/24/2022, 7:00:54 PM by BipolarBob (Instead of Build Back Better, how about put it back the way you found it?)

quote:

Edith & Archie singing at beginning of All in the Family.

24 posted on 3/24/2022, 7:00:56 PM by Mopp4 ("It is a cruel world, Herr Hauptman. You said it yourself.")

quote:

I’m old....so it’s a toss up between Rawhide and Have Gun Will Travel

37 posted on 3/24/2022, 7:03:18 PM by lgjhn23 (Pray for America....)

quote:

The theme music for Jeopardy!

Its exactly 30 seconds long. Also handy for any time you need to keep a short count of time.

83 posted on 3/24/2022, 7:13:55 PM by airborne (Thank you Rush for helping me find FreeRepublic! )

Honestly surprised they acknowledge DS9 considering they're leaving out Discovery and Lower Decks 👿

quote:

To: Fai Mao
Of the Star Trek theme songs I was always partial to the Voyager theme song. We watched them with our children on disc and they would always scream “glitter” when it got to the Saturn fly by.

Hated the stupid Enterprise song.

48 posted on 3/24/2022, 7:06:23 PM by Jewbacca (The residents of Iroquois territory may not determine whether Jews may live in Jerusalem.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Jewbacca
Voyager had the best theme imo.

Enterprise was the beginning of the end of star trek

135 posted on 3/24/2022, 7:32:53 PM by SPDSHDW (You get what you let occur with no resistance. Everything Joepedo n' felons do is on your head.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 48 | View Replies]

quote:

To: SPDSHDW; Fai Mao; Jewbacca
Star Trek TNG The Next Generation.
Hill Street Blues
Star Trek DS9 Deep Space Nine (way different theme from TNG)
I'll cut Enterprise some slack for being the end of Star Trek. Not too many shows/franchises last more than 17 years without a break (from 1st season of TNG to last season of ENT), and 7 of those years had overlaps (two series simultaneously like TNG and DS9, or DS9 and VOY). That's 24 seasons altogether of the TNG/DS9/VOY/ENT cluster. The NCIS franchise is the only show I can think of that can compete with that.

226 posted on 3/24/2022, 8:35:44 PM by Tell It Right (1st Thessalonians 5:21 -- Put everything to the test, hold fast to that which is true.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 135 | View Replies]

quote:

To: howlinhound
Partial to the Sandbaggers myself.

317 posted on 3/25/2022, 3:26:20 AM by wally_bert (I cannot be sure for certain, but in my personal opinion I am certain that I am not sure.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies]

They were doing so well at not bringing up culture war bullshit but it's impossible for some of them

quote:

I loved everything about Burn Notice, including the Theme song.

I thought it was a great show. There is NOTHING to compare to the old shows. The Writers, Scripters, Actors, Directors went Off the rails and we now have NOTHING WORTH WATCHING.

CONTRATS, LEFT WING NUTS.

I love Ryan Reynolds, and that last piece of DRECK about the Hitman’s Wife’s Boyfriend’s daughter in law was a

DISASTER.

HOW MANY DIRTY WORDS CAN YOU SAY IN A TWO HOUR MOVIE.

TOO MANY!!!!!

319 posted on 3/25/2022, 3:45:58 AM by Maris Crane

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

That small glimpse of a happy 90s domestic scene with young kids watching Voyager with the freeper really struck me. How many years do you think it’s been since those kids have spoken to the freeper?

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
lower decks kicks rear end, enterprise is neocon trek so i'm surprised they don't like it

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?
Maris Crane

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Do freepers think the Federation is capitalist?

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Sarcastr0 posted:

Maris Crane

Best character.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

kik2dagroin posted:

I loved everything about Burn Notice, including the Theme song.

I thought it was a great show. There is NOTHING to compare to the old shows. The Writers, Scripters, Actors, Directors went Off the rails and we now have NOTHING WORTH WATCHING.

CONTRATS, LEFT WING NUTS.

I love Ryan Reynolds, and that last piece of DRECK about the Hitman’s Wife’s Boyfriend’s daughter in law was a

DISASTER.

HOW MANY DIRTY WORDS CAN YOU SAY IN A TWO HOUR MOVIE.

TOO MANY!!!!!

319 posted on 3/25/2022, 3:45:58 AM by Maris Crane

My dude, Ryan Reynolds in Deadpool would blow your tiny little mind :allears:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

moonmazed posted:

lower decks kicks rear end, enterprise is neocon trek so i'm surprised they don't like it

I feel like a Freeper that watches Trek is more following the groupthink than actually having opinions about it, because if they had opinions about it they'd hate it. They think Enterprise is when the franchise went downhill because it's just accepted belief among all Trekkies that Enterprise is when the franchise went downhill.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Do freepers think the Federation is capitalist?

Probably. But my wingnut dad saw a spade for a spade and the Federation in general bugged him despite liking Trek.

Except for Voyager. A woman captain? :barf: she diesnt have the balls to be a captwin
:goonsay:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Discovery pretty much sucks as a Star Trek show. But it does have trans characters and other progressive stuff.

I'm amazed none of them have awful words to say about it.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

kik2dagroin posted:

Honestly surprised they acknowledge DS9 considering they're leaving out Discovery and Lower Decks 👿

Discovery loving sucks though so it's good and correct to leave it out.

I haven't seen Lower Decks so I have no opinion on it, heard it's good though.

e: Also I'm the weirdo who thinks Enterprise is a solidly "okay" season even though yeah it was full of neocon poo poo and gross stuff like the "Tucker gets pregnant" episode where he got raped and everyone basically just laughs at him.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
The thing about Discovery/Picard that sucks is pretty much Alex Kurtzman being awful.

The dude is a cancer when attached to a science fiction story. As Red Letter Media said, paraphrased, "He has all the storytelling subtlety of Gallagher with a sledgehammer."

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Kurtzman is a 9/11 truther, though I don’t know if that makes him more or less appealing to freep.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

I AM GRANDO posted:

Kurtzman is a 9/11 truther, though I don’t know if that makes him more or less appealing to freep.

I believe Freep is firmly down the Q-hole at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Xiahou Dun posted:

Source your quotes.

Our track record isn't exactly stellar