Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
the local indy mechanic/Ducati shop I go to has a pristine B-King on the floor for sale, if anyone is interested. They will ship.

It's not listed on their website yet, but you can email for more pics/info - https://www.thepowersportsstore.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Weren’t there a couple goons with a B King? That’s one of those bikes that mystified me in its lack of a following. Yeah they’re kinda ugly but drat it is a shitload of bike crammed in there.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The bking is an awesome bike and it really should have sold better considering it’s drivetrain and Suzukis knack for successfully turning sport bikes into naked bikes.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

B-kings rule, they failed cause of the same micropeen thinking that makes the sv1000 worse than a TLS, tuono worse than rsv4 etc. Bigger number = better than. Yuge power is great if you're riding a cruise missile but worthless if you're on a fridge with a handlebar.

For me the king had a super useable, well geared lump of instant grunt combined with awesome friendly light handling. You can just do whatever you want whenever you want like an easy breezy covergirl. By comparison the busa feels ultra long legged, with great big pavarotti lungs that need elbow room to fill up properly, and you have to file a flight plan with your other hemisphere well in advance of doing anything.

Same story today tbh, my pick of the liter nakeds is the gsx1000. It's not fancy and it's not the fastest but it's so coherent and useable and rewarding.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Slavvy posted:

Same story today tbh, my pick of the liter nakeds is the gsx1000. It's not fancy and it's not the fastest but it's so coherent and useable and rewarding.

Do you think this will hold true for the 1000GT as well?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I think that all the old man versions with the half/full fairing of every bike in that segment will depreciate like rocks forever and ever until they're worth exactly $4500 at which point they will represent phenomenal used value for the next two decades.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I want to go as fast as possible, do some track days, maybe race....

Actually, forget the track, I just want to do sick wheelies and slides and just have a good time

I'm old and my back hurts and I have kids to get back to, also what I really need is a full featured tourer but my mates at the pub will tease me, I need that BIG POWER to feel young

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Weren’t there a couple goons with a B King? That’s one of those bikes that mystified me in its lack of a following. Yeah they’re kinda ugly but drat it is a shitload of bike crammed in there.

A guy at my work has one he loves the poo poo out of, he bought a busa for the express purpose of swapping its gold wheels onto the King

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

FBS posted:

Do you think this will hold true for the 1000GT as well?

I'm *this* close to ordering one sight unseen because it ticks all my sport touring boxes. How dumbfuck is this idea?

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Arson Daily posted:

I'm *this* close to ordering one sight unseen because it ticks all my sport touring boxes. How dumbfuck is this idea?

Please do this and tell us all about it so that I can know in six months when I end up doing the same thing

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Arson Daily posted:

Doing god's work providing people in the future with phenomenal used value.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

I'll let you all know in 2027 when it finally arrives

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
I knew the katana was too good for you lot.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Coydog posted:

I knew the katana was too good for you lot.

The Katana went from this:

Awesome. To this:

Which looks like it was designed after someone looked at too many pictures of WW1 veterans, or maybe watched Nightmare on Elm Street too many times. Good luck un-seeing that once you see it.

The Katana has yet to recover.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Gorson posted:

Awesome. To this:

Which looks like it was designed after someone looked at too many pictures of WW1 veterans, or maybe watched Nightmare on Elm Street too many times. Good luck un-seeing that once you see it.

The new Katana looks like this though, which is fuckin badass.

(or the more pedestrian

)

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The first katana is a “this belongs in a museum” level certified banger. The latest katana maybe won’t reach those heights but it’s A Real Good Bike ™️.

All of the katanas in between those, we don’t speak of

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Gorson posted:

Awesome. To this:

These always make a bit of vomit come up. They're also seemingly always owned by the worst people in the worst possible condition.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

I thought I'd go and look at Scramblers and HMs today and... in very Swiss style the Ducati dealer is closed 12:00 - 13:30 every day. Such a stupid country sometimes, so you make it so that people have to take time off work to see if they maybe want to buy your stuff?

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

What's the thread consensus on Vit and Svart 401's? I'm looking at a future full of dense city commuting and have a strong distaste for orange plastic.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Scam Likely posted:

What's the thread consensus on Vit and Svart 401's? I'm looking at a future full of dense city commuting and have a strong distaste for orange plastic.

lol

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

They look pretty cool.
But they're strongly related to the ktm duke 390 which you should only buy if you live close to a dealership, have a good warranty package, and offers free loaner bikes.

That's kinda what i picked up from everyone's troubles. I really wanna try a ktm duke 390 but with the reputation it has, i'll never buy one.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Nobody who has owned one on this forum has posted anything convincing that indicates they are worth owning.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

😍

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

The tiny skid plate that protects one specific bend of the exhaust and nothing else

Edit: ok i looked it up it actually wraps around underneath, but it still seems silly for a skid plate/engine guard to fit underneath that big header that's just hanging out right in front

Dog Case fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Mar 25, 2022

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Scam Likely posted:

they look very cool but if you’re over 5’7” you’ll look like a giant on it. I would not own it long term

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Dog Case posted:

The tiny skid plate that protects one specific bend of the exhaust and nothing else

Edit: ok i looked it up it actually wraps around underneath, but it still seems silly for a skid plate/engine guard to fit underneath that big header that's just hanging out right in front

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Scam Likely posted:

Just get a Yamaha or something jesus christ what is it about those things

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

Slavvy posted:

They're good looking OP, that matters to many consumers.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

CB300R looks better. :colbert:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Scam Likely posted:

They’re really good looking bikes.

Which is great because that seems like 99% of their use case

Slavvy posted:

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

They’re really good looking bikes.

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Mar 25, 2022

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Xakura posted:

They're good looking OP, that matters to many consumers.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Scam Likely posted:

Like everyone is saying, if you want something that looks kinda interesting and will be dead reliable and you're not doing much highway cruising, the CB300R is pretty much perfect.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

the honda is not even in the same class of good looks as the vitpilen is lol

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Generations of guzzi owners recognize that looking fabulous when you break down is preferable to reaching your destination looking like a dork.

Plus people with vagina shaped headlights shouldn't toss stones :colbert:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
I just don't get what people see in them, looks-wise - to me they've always looked like a half-finished SV custom. Maybe they look much better in the flesh, but the plastic bits just don't seem to belong on the same bike.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Actually if you’re just riding in town, the correct answer is an ugly KLX300SM, but it doesn’t matter because it’s a sick sumo.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I just don't get what people see in them, looks-wise - to me they've always looked like a half-finished SV custom. Maybe they look much better in the flesh, but the plastic bits just don't seem to belong on the same bike.

The Honda looks like a bike you can actually ride while the Vitpilen looks like a bike styled by someone who wants to be Jony Ive.

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

That exhaust on the Honda was a bridge too far IMO. Maybe it's shaped that way for good reasons it's just really goofy looking to me.

Remy Marathe fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Mar 26, 2022

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Remy Marathe posted:

That exhaust on the Honda was a bridge too far IMO.

With modem emissions standards you basically have a choice of having a huge ungainly thermos for a muffler (Honda) or have a cinder block sized slab tucked underneath the engine (husky). There is no way around this for the manufacturer and smaller bikes suffer the most visually cause the cat doesn't really care how big the engine is.

Comparing the cost of the two bikes, and the fact that one of them won't exist ten years from now, I'll take the ugly muffler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Remy Marathe posted:

That exhaust on the Honda was a bridge too far IMO. Maybe it's shaped that way for good reasons it's just really goofy looking to me.

All their OEM mufflers look that way with that ugly flat black and a stupid silver accent piece/shield. It's very low effort and even a few bucks more spent on the finish would change everything.

Toe Rag posted:

The Honda looks like a bike you can actually ride while the Vitpilen looks like a bike styled by someone who wants to be Jony Ive.

The biggest difference between these are the ergos. That Vitpilen is pretty but it would be a torture rack for anyone over 5'7" and 150lbs.