Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

"for every additional person that joe biden repulses as he becomes ever cozier with capital, no less than one additional person chooses to vote for him over his opponent."

this is what liberal cheerleaders sincerely believe and it is fun to remind their followers of this every time you are urged to vote for biden. Logically, it follows that biden should be trying to maximize the number of people who agree with me and refuse to vote for him. Why are you against this, are you a GOP supporter?

Ruzihm posted:

Reminder that the leaders of the field of political "science", such as the hack Andrew Hall, rely on models like this to make their assessments and predictions

[source]

Like, if you think of a 2d grid with "spend x on public transit" vs "spend y on private transit" it doesn't take an einstein to see why someone might prefer the extremes in either dimension more than the diagonal or points near the origin.

But hey what do i know

Ruzihm has issued a correction as of 20:19 on Mar 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The Onion character "Diamond Joe" Biden was elected president but since he was not around his stunt double Joseph Robinette Biden assumed the office as a prank.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

TehSaurus posted:

If it's the one I'm thinking of it is policymaking rather than electoral politics, because the two are only loosely related.
yeah basically there is mathematically no correlation between the will of the broader electorate, like 95% of the population, and the policies of the US government

it's only when you get into the upper income brackets that you start to see some correlation, and ofc the higher you go the stronger it is

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Nothus posted:

They may have been asleep at the switch with Trump, but America's ruling class will rig any election that looks like a threat. Especially against a backdrop of global instability and shrinking imperial influence

That was because Trump, unlike Bernie, was not a threat to the ruling class.

Bernie was not much of one either after all.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

yeah basically there is mathematically no correlation between the will of the broader electorate, like 95% of the population, and the policies of the US government

it's only when you get into the upper income brackets that you start to see some correlation, and ofc the higher you go the stronger it is

almost like rather than individual wills it's reflective of some kind of... interests.... alll shared by the same class.. hm.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

That was because Trump, unlike Bernie, was not a threat to the ruling class.

Bernie was not much of one either after all.

Bernie was only a threat to Chris Matthews

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

copy posted:

almost like rather than individual wills it's reflective of some kind of... interests.... alll shared by the same class.. hm.
yeah it's wild to use math to prove marxism-leninism absolutely correct and then just keep on being a lib anyway

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Out reading the Biden budget and enjoying all the progressive policies. They're all just off the page, in a different paper.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
https://twitter.com/aurorao83/status/1507383562202320907?s=21

The democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

the democrats are going to keep posting through it and then act completely shocked + blame the left when they get insanely destroyed in 2022

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i wish it were reckoning time

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Thoguh posted:

these people deserve nothing less than total, complete annihilation

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

a reckoning is coming. I don’t care about the politicians

I desire the destruction of the libs themselves

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Thoguh posted:

Imagine thinking you've done something when the best you can do is a bunch of weasel words and "people literally aren't starving, yet"

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
"i don't understand something at all" is not something you should say pridefully and i'm going to assume whatever you are about to say about that topic you just said you don't understand is definitely wrong and also maybe insane and stupid

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
i have never comprehended anything in my entire life. every facet of reality is a terrifying unexplainable blur and every event is a random surprise to me. i think joe biden is doing a great job

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Hello I am Thirty Eight Years Old and I don't understand, at all, why anyone could possibly be disappointed with President Joe Biden.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
It's easy to be oblivious when you're wealthy

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
"We gained a supreme court appointment" is the loving funniest thing after the democrats were dumb enough to believe the republicans when they said it was too close to the end of obama's second term for him to be allowed to pick a new justice and that if they were in that same position they absolutely would not do that and they would wait until the coming election was over

just absolute dogshit brains

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

A single Supreme Court seat gained by luck. Meanwhile, the GOP stole two or three seats and the Democrats are too bound by decorum and 'our holy institutions' to pack the court. So not really that much of an "accomplishment".

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

how is it gaining a seat if you're appointing a replacement for a justice that was appointed by a democrat. that's not what gaining a seat means

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I'm supposed to vote dem for a lottery chance at the council of elders and a vaccine rollout largely distributed by private companies that started under trump?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Thoguh posted:

woof, the replies :evilbuddy:

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

A single Supreme Court seat gained by luck. Meanwhile, the GOP stole two or three seats and the Democrats are too bound by decorum and 'our holy institutions' to pack the court. So not really that much of an "accomplishment".

if the democrats had any desire to control the court they have a pretty good case for impeaching clarence thomas and probably also kavanaugh but they don't give a poo poo

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

the bitcoin of weed posted:

if the democrats had any desire to control the court they have a pretty good case for impeaching clarence thomas and probably also kavanaugh but they don't give a poo poo

The Dems are practically being spoon fed a path toward impeaching Thomas, but I'd be extremely surprised if they had the balls to actually follow through. At best they'll use Thomas as a way to scold or guilt people into voting for them. At worst they'll just shrug and cry about the rules.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

how is it gaining a seat if you're appointing a replacement for a justice that was appointed by a democrat. that's not what gaining a seat means

they're so weak, all new appointees are republican until proven otherwise.

the bitcoin of weed posted:

i loved the dem pearl clutching when progressives called for packing the court.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Republicans are so crazy and unreasonable, the safe thing to do is just give them everything they want all the time

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Zvahl posted:

swing states in presidential elections don't loving matter because biden is the same as trump is the same as obama and there hasn't been any meaningful difference in any of them for at the very least 75 years

here's to a more successful 75 years of the democrats being destroyed

I'll disagree with you here and say there were in fact been substantiative differences between dems and republicans up to 1992 at least as it pertains to domestic affairs. If and when a postmortem of the democrat party is to be performed it is Clinton that killed the party. Every presidential and midterm election since then has been either a reaction to repulsion at the republican project or a reaction to democrats' ineffectiveness at opposing it. There has been nothing electorally on the table except the republican project since Clinton acquiesced to it with arguably the exception of the 2016 election.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

It was literally the opposite of luck, it was a planned decision. I understand how it can look like luck, given that RBG was completely incapable of doing the same, in the manner of "Golly, we're lucky Stevens wasn't as stupid and full of hubris as RBG was" but that's not luck, that's just statistics being that out of eight people you're very unlikely to find anyone dumber and more arrogant than she was.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

LastInLine posted:

I'll disagree with you here and say there were in fact been substantiative differences between dems and republicans up to 1992 at least as it pertains to domestic affairs. If and when a postmortem of the democrat party is to be performed it is Clinton that killed the party. Every presidential and midterm election since then has been either a reaction to repulsion at the republican project or a reaction to democrats' ineffectiveness at opposing it. There has been nothing electorally on the table except the republican project since Clinton acquiesced to it with arguably the exception of the 2016 election.

yeah this is fair, my primary issue with this poo poo party lately has been more american empire in which the 75 year time frame makes sense

but Clinton making it a taglong dog for republican policies especially with the 94 midterms setting the stage for perpetual republican appeasement and clout chasing is definitely where things happened for domestic issues, before that it was slightly less audacious general incompetence while trying to huff whatever charisma jfk left in the back of that continental

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

cenotaph posted:

I'm supposed to vote dem for a lottery chance at the council of elders and a vaccine rollout largely distributed by private companies that started under trump?

Uh, yes? Is there someone making a better offer I'm not seeing? You leftists are so childish, living in a world of "want" instead of "can." Even Joe Biden, the most leftward president ever, and his absolute girlboss of a VP aren't enough to appease you babies.

I tried, but that reads like something I could imagine seeing on Twitter. Is it even possible to write something so stupid it doesn't sound like the liberal discourse?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

A Buttery Pastry posted:

are you retarded dude?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:patriot:

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Uh, yes? Is there someone making a better offer I'm not seeing? You leftists are so childish, living in a world of "want" instead of "can." Even Joe Biden, the most leftward president ever, and his absolute girlboss of a VP aren't enough to appease you babies.

I tried, but that reads like something I could imagine seeing on Twitter. Is it even possible to write something so stupid it doesn't sound like the liberal discourse?

"you leftists" is too direct of a response for it, the correct phrasing is asking a rhetorical question in a new post with a sort of '*sigh* oh well, guess this is what we smart people have to put up with' flavor on it

instead of referring to anything biden related directly, say that some people are just unpleasable and don't understand civics. any criticism of harris, obviously, is racist as well as sexist, and you only addressed the sexism

D+ see me after class :(

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

TehSaurus posted:

If it's the one I'm thinking of it is policymaking rather than electoral politics, because the two are only loosely related.

do you have a link? this sounds extremely up my alley

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Thank you for bringing the fact that I was probated to my attention. I looked in my rapsheet and realized I missed the last three. Non-Americas privilege I suppose.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Thank you for bringing the fact that I was probated to my attention. I looked in my rapsheet and realized I missed the last three. Non-Americas privilege I suppose.

:patriot:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Stereotype posted:

i have never comprehended anything in my entire life. every facet of reality is a terrifying unexplainable blur and every event is a random surprise to me. i think joe biden is doing a great job

i laughed loud enough to get a thump from the neighbor :hmbol:

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

The Dems are practically being spoon fed a path toward impeaching Thomas, but I'd be extremely surprised if they had the balls to actually follow through. At best they'll use Thomas as a way to scold or guilt people into voting for them. At worst they'll just shrug and cry about the rules.

Does it really help them to do another impeachment that won't actually result in removal from office when they have all sorts of other ineffectual things they could be doing?

I guess the theater of it could potentially be a useful distraction from everything else to a certain type

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/seungminkim/sta...ingawful.com%2F

this also assumes the trump tax cuts will be allowed to expire in 2025

after the gop has retaken the house, senate, and presidency

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/justinsink/stat...ingawful.com%2F

:tipshat: