Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Does that count as a Pretender, Reverse Pretender, or Double Pretender gimmick??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I'd say just a Pretender given how a lot of Decepticons are horrible monsters who hide the robot inside.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
You could probably call that at least partly a Shellformer.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Cat lady has pink feet. What's that cat look like from behind?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Minicons were always a little more daring in their designs than the big boys, bot bots took that energy and ran for the loving hills and I love it

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://twitter.com/GeshGav/status/1507089239451869187

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Marmaduke! posted:

Does that count as a Pretender, Reverse Pretender, or Double Pretender gimmick??
Reverse Animorph?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The BotBots cartoon is up on Netflix. Go watch it. It’s extremely charming

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Knormal posted:

Reverse Animorph?

Blech, let's just call it a Beastie.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Found a better way to integrate Fasttrack's torso into Megatron's backpack (although almost anything's better than the C-3PO on Cloud City approach). Sadly it takes away any ability to store the sword back there, but he's back-heavy enough already.

Looks pretty good from the front!

"Helllooooo~"

I tried plugging it in the other way up, too, so Fasttrack's head is hoisted over Megatron's back like a battle standard, but that stopped me from using the battlemasters in the top slots.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

flavor.flv posted:

Minicons were always a little more daring in their designs than the big boys, bot bots took that energy and ran for the loving hills and I love it

I love that botbots have made the series go full circle so now there's a toy gun that turns into a transformer to go with when megatron turns into a gun

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
That gun has kremzeeks face.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SuddenCactus posted:

That gun has kremzeeks face.

Jesus dude, he can't help how he was born.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I know I know that I shouldn’t be thinking of the backstory and explanation for Botbots but the new animal ones are kind of terrifying. What if there was a human caught in the Energon mists? There had to have been a night guard or whatever…

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Kinda feel like they missed a trick by not putting hinged 5mm ports on the core-class line. Imagine being able to put core Megatron on voyager Megatron's arm like Energon Megatron wielding his Armada alt mode, or pegging core Soundwave into someone's back.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Big Strong Sad energy from that roomba bot bot

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Those just look like they we trying too hard.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Legacy Deluxes found at Target locally this morning. One case out so far.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Looks like that gun one was supposed to be even more Megatron-y originally. I'm guessing the single-piece barrel wasn't stable enough when split in half at that size.

I can't even tell what the two in the top left are supposed to be. The top one looks like a GoPro with an external lens strapped on it, is that a thing? The yin-yang one under it I have no clue, other that some other kind of toy spaceship like the one in the top right.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Knormal posted:

Looks like that gun one was supposed to be even more Megatron-y originally. I'm guessing the single-piece barrel wasn't stable enough when split in half at that size.

I can't even tell what the two in the top left are supposed to be. The top one looks like a GoPro with an external lens strapped on it, is that a thing? The yin-yang one under it I have no clue, other that some other kind of toy spaceship like the one in the top right.

I'm guessing it was also to make it look less like a gun. Remember that RTS Legends Megatron required an orange barrel tip.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Knormal posted:

I think the top one is an Atari joystick, and the one beneath...either binoculars or a camera.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I know I know that I shouldn’t be thinking of the backstory and explanation for Botbots but the new animal ones are kind of terrifying. What if there was a human caught in the Energon mists? There had to have been a night guard or whatever…

There was, but he's mostly clueless/harmless.

Like Gargamel.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Went to a toy fair today and picked up some bots. I'll try to take a better pic later but I'm pretty happy with my haul.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

It's nail polish

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

SlothfulCobra posted:

I think the top one is an Atari joystick, and the one beneath...either binoculars or a camera.
I think you're right on the joystick, now that I look at it closer I see the sticky-up bit looks like it gets thin at the bottom. I didn't notice that before.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

flavor.flv posted:

It's nail polish

It's a redeco of a model that was originally whiteout. There have been a few different models that get redeco'd (redecoed?) into entirely different objects through creative design decisions.

Bottocorrect

Fail Polish

So the series 6 redeco is probably an atari joystick. It fits with the toy/computer theme of the rest of the bots in that pic.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Was someone in this thread posting about having missed out on Earthrise Blue Rumble? Looks like TF Safari got some overflow stock. They're in Hong Kong so be prepared to pay for shipping.

https://www.tfsafari.com/collection...=39675103150193

Also this is a pretty awesome upgrade kit. Not something I'd ever actually turn on, but man that looks cool.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Knormal posted:

Was someone in this thread posting about having missed out on Earthrise Blue Rumble? Looks like TF Safari got some overflow stock. They're in Hong Kong so be prepared to pay for shipping.

I was, but I also don't want another two Ratbat moulds and whatever the other one is. Just the Rumble :smith:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
The other one is another Rumble mold. The set is really for completing both your Doubledealer and Soundwave if you have those.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
There’s a whole thread on TFW2005 about incredibly recent bots all prematurely yellowing, including SSBB Ratchet and Wheeljack.

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Mar 28, 2022

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The_Doctor posted:

There’s a whole thread on TFW2005 about incredibly recent bots all prematurely yellowing, including SSBB Ratchet and Wheeljack.

Hasbro's gonna Hasbro

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I'm not seeing anything on my Megatron, but I don't know if the gen selects cartoon-deco version would have been produced differently somehow. There is a really tiny smudge of reddish-brown just below the right elbow, maybe that's something? Other than that, nope.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
You're probably safe, it's their current formula for white plastic that's the problem, not grey.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Checked my big Jetfire and if he's yellowed I can't see it. His shoulder pauldrons and wing flaps are kind of the same color as the off white paint on his thighs and calves, but they're not, like, yellow yellow.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
No yellowing on any of my WFC figures that I can see. Checked all the ones listed in that TFW thread and nothing. Most white plastic will yellow eventually but in the space of two years is real drat fast.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I haven't seen that much yellowing on my figs, but my Roommate's SS Cyclonus' silver plastic is basically brown now.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

SS BB Ravage:
Looks great, weird that he's a dog, transforms into a cube.

SS BB Soundwave:
Looks great, incredible attention to detail, is able to house a cube, transforms into nothing

95% of my interest in Transformers is that they're wonderful little feats of engineering, so these are kind of a disappointment in that regard, but hot drat do they look great together

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Skids and Prime Arcee arrived. Already had Blaster.

Skids feels a little squat compared to a Datsun Bro, but I dig it. He tabs together well, all his joints are tight. His roof needs a little massaging to get it just so, it's a painted bit of clear plastic so the give isn't the same as opaque plastic. He feels solid, no large gaps anywhere.

His weapons are all terrible, but that's G1 Skids! Why you would want a double blaster like that? Another blaster that interacts with his other weapons, but looks kinda misshapen on its own, and a transparent blue shotgun axe. Let me be clear. I love shotgun axes, as a rule. This ain't it, though.

Overall Skids = good.

Prime Arcee, likewise, has no floppy joints. Her transformation is pretty neat, and honestly kind of amazing, with the legs wrapped around the entire body of the motorcycle, but not the way you'd think. Great poseability.

Weapons are slightly better than Skids'. Her blades combine into a shield, and the blades themselves aren't terrible, though they have less reach than on other versions of this character or on the TV show. The front wheel becomes some kind of stupid crossbow, and ALSO can be mounted behind her shoulders to give her shoulder-wheels, which is super neat.

You can also partially convert her legs to make her a
Bayverse-esque unicycle naga thing, so there's that!

Arcee = good.

Blaster turns into a boombox, and has nice poseability. Eject is a cool little guy with no stress marks so far. Maybe I should give him the shotgun axe.

Blaster & Eject = good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have Blaster sitting on my desk and I haven't decided if I'm keeping him or not. I have an urge to cull the collection but I know I'd regret it later.

I have sold a few of my CW Combiners because it just feels like after Menasor we're going to get more updates so best to clear out now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Probably going to stick with Leader TR Blaster over the Kingdom/Legacy one, if only cause I mostly remember G1 toy Blaster who was a very tall boy.