Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

https://twitter.com/boulderpolice/status/1507831964866433038

Wildfire in southwest Boulder...right next to the National Center of Atmospheric Research.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
you may recall Boulder county caught on fire around New Years

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/BoulderCAST/status/1507840682852978689?s=20&t=rKH4E_a99iX2bPqk-xH0RA

https://twitter.com/AliciaMillerRE/status/1507845389096992772?s=20&t=rKH4E_a99iX2bPqk-xH0RA

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
My plans of moving to Colorado this summer looking good

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

If these trends continue think about how many jobs will be created in the Antarctic travel and tourism sector

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

i hope some ancient godzilla creature thaws out and eats everyone

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

pissinthewind posted:

Personally I'm hoping for a stray asteroid. If it could land directly on my house that would be ideal.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

pissinthewind posted:

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

good news for me !!

if i was one ...

wear an n95 or better++

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Hey buddy

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

:stare:

https://twitter.com/JoeHoldenCBS3/status/1508483965711224838

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

why do people drive so fast when they can't see at all

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Zerg Mans posted:

Because they're dumb as hell OP

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Zerg Mans posted:

Because they're scared that if they slow down too much then some other dumbass mofo will rearend them!

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

guy at 0:40 standing next to his car almost died, probably in shock but get away from the road drat

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

this is actually very believable since it happens several times a year

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

https://twitter.com/MCatrillo/status/1508497137889431556?s=20&t=eFLWVWE0E37UL1R1jdrq3Q

3 people dead but no update yet on if this guy managed to retrieve his charger

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

TACD posted:

https://twitter.com/MCatrillo/status/1508497137889431556?s=20&t=eFLWVWE0E37UL1R1jdrq3Q

Press F to pay respects to his Charger

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

TACD posted:

Yeah, the Swift rear-ending the other semi like 9 seconds in does not seem particularly survivable since the drivers side of the cab gets obliterated.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

guy at 0:40 standing next to his car almost died, probably in shock but get away from the road drat

Yea if that was me with passengers, we're heading deep into the woods. We wouldn't be driving in that anyways.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

i'm in shock that he didn't eat it there. he's really loving lucky his car spun like it did when hit

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

holy gently caress that dude standing next to his car lmao

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

He managed to avoid hitting the other cars and instead just hut the sign, probably only doing cosmetic damage to his car. And then that next car just barely missed him. Dude was probably thinking "fwew that was lucky" for like three seconds.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Zerg Mans posted:

Americans drink lead water

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Zerg Mans posted:

why make car can go fast if car not supposed go fast

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Nenonen posted:

Because they're scared that if they slow down too much then some other dumbass mofo will rearend them!

many years ago i got caught in a sudden massive downpour where visibility dropped drastically and i started slowing down and of course had this thought

still slowed down because duh, but it was a little harrowing

anyway, always slow down, because somebody ahead of you is going to either slow down or crash into someone who did, and when you rear end them you'll be the one at fault

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

That system was over me, too, but thankfully not while on the road. It was very eerie!

Blue skies, sun is out, and then within 10 minutes the skies went from cloudy to overcast, to dark, heavy storm clouds. Queue 5 straight minutes of sideways wind-driven snow. Within 10 minutes, it'd be back to blue skies and a bright sunny day.

It did this like 6 times.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

people are just flying in this video, no one apparently gives a gently caress lmao

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Zerg Mans posted:

you want to get rear ended by someone driving faster smart guy?

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
when visibility is decreased or the driving surface is degraded, it is very important to SPEED UP

this reduces the time spent driving under hazardous conditions, meaning that you will arrive safely at your destination sooner

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Mola Yam posted:

when visibility is decreased or the driving surface is degraded, it is very important to SPEED UP

this reduces the time spent driving under hazardous conditions, meaning that you will arrive safely at your destination sooner

same for when you start getting sleepy while driving, go faster so you can get to your destination before falling asleep.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
you guys should give credit to the driving manual you are copy pasting from.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Demon Of The Fall posted:

people are just flying in this video, no one apparently gives a gently caress lmao

Why didn't anyone try to stop the cars and trucks

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

SirPablo posted:

they're very heavy and coming in fast

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

SirPablo posted:

You think people driving like that in those conditions are going to have road flares in their trunks?

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Use a loving tarp

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Elephanthead posted:

you guys should give credit to the driving manual you are copy pasting from.

days of thunder

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

SirPablo posted:

actually they did... unfortunately you didn't specify "safely"

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
the trucks crashing at 80 mph are metaphors for covid variants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU