Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
there's like no way to get elected for anything in japan without running for the ldp at this point. it's not even a matter of political leaning it's just the only party that has any power whatsoever. plenty of politicians people credit with active pushes for social change are a part of it because, they don't have any alternatives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

Wow I didn't know Akamatsu was running for forums mod also
gonna need to hear his position on vtubers before he gets my vote

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Suu would be a stream gremlin, imho

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1508367508318924804

marumaru
May 20, 2013

id oshi for oshi no ko but they're really doing it a disservice with the pacing, sadly :(

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

marumaru posted:

id oshi for oshi no ko but they're really doing it a disservice with the pacing, sadly :(
Yeah, the most recent arc was hellishly slow. Hopefully that was a one-off.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

shared this with a friend and it was the straw that broke the camel's back to get them to watch perfect blue finally. ty

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The Colonel posted:

there's like no way to get elected for anything in japan without running for the ldp at this point. it's not even a matter of political leaning it's just the only party that has any power whatsoever. plenty of politicians people credit with active pushes for social change are a part of it because, they don't have any alternatives

it's like you had to be PRI in Mexico before the 00s

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Y'all need to read Dandadan if you're not already, just fyi. There's a thread for it and it's insane. People post stuff in the panels thread from it all the time and for good reason.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

The Black Stones posted:

Your demands have been heard and they capitulated.

How the hell did I miss them announcing another season almost a year ago?

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
I hope this is on topic but I have been watching Shadows House and really like it so far. I did have a couple of questions though:

1) where the poo poo do you buy access to the manga online? It's almost impossible to actually find how to pay for it, and I have no space for physical books either.

This is a giant problem with manga in general in my experience, it's super hard to understand how to pay for online access (maybe it doesn't exist for a lot of manga?) and even if you try to pay, the search results are all pirated.

I WANT to pay, drat it, and support the industry.

2) I've been told the anime starts awesome and then the last few episodes turn pretty lovely- does this make the anime not watching to that point? Should I just read the manga instead? The show going downhill super fast at the end is almost universal around the net, but the show is getting a season 2 this year, so I am not super sure what to do.

Thanks!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

they haven't released any of the manga in English yet, vol 1 is a few months out. at that point you should have lots of digital purchase options eg Comixology.

regarding the anime, i didn't get to the end of the season so i can't say. the adaptation made choices about the material i didn't like from a very early point though. the early material of just Kate and Emiliko is understandably abbreviated so the wider cast can come in sooner, though it also feels like they needlessly telegraphed a lot of the mystery at the core of the series. they also removed an important character appearance related to the series' second arc, which they now need to reincorporate because of getting a second season (maybe they did this at the tail end of S1, idk).

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
the last few episodes of the anime were totally original, to provide more of a climax to the season I guess, but people understandably didn't like that. they could have adapted it fine by just not rushing the earlier material as much & then it would have ended at a very natural point, so there were a lot of weird decisions made. i'm not sure how they'll make the next season follow smoothly from it while still adapting the manga, they can probably manage but it'll be awkward.

just read the manga, it's long enough that even the next season probably won't quite catch up to it yet, and the anime is doing its own thing to some degree anyway. it's even in colour, fairly unusually

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Taima posted:

2) I've been told the anime starts awesome and then the last few episodes turn pretty lovely- does this make the anime not watching to that point? Should I just read the manga instead? The show going downhill super fast at the end is almost universal around the net, but the show is getting a season 2 this year, so I am not super sure what to do.

there's a noticeable pivot out of the slow build of the rest of the series and into an anime-original ending arc, they clearly weren't sure if they were getting a season 2 and wanted to have something more climax-y to punctuate the end of the show. its a bit clumsy but "going downhill super fast" seems like an extreme take, it was fine.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

basically 90% of the problems with the anime seem super understandable from the pov of them only being greenlit for one season, it's just they got a second one now lol. somato have already talked about working on script supervision for the new season so it'll be interesting to hear what they do with it.

but yeah i only pass judgement on it as something that let me down as an adaptation (and i did have maybe a more specific idea of what the anime should be than a normal person), it was otherwise very well-produced and probably fine as the entry point before getting into the beautiful and excellent manga.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Thank you for the explanation all!! I'll stick with it then Tales ^_^

lih posted:

just read the manga, it's long enough that even the next season probably won't quite catch up to it yet, and the anime is doing its own thing to some degree anyway. it's even in colour, fairly unusually

No kidding! I know very little about manga but I think this is actually the first one I've ever seen that is colored for every panel! It looks loving incredible.

The general world building, vibe and scenery of Shadow's House is great imo. Initially, I bounced off it midway through the first season because I was worried it was a weird slice of life type scenario, but I'm super glad I powered through it. I finished the first 10 episodes in just 2 days, which is the fastest I've ever devoured a new anime since I binged Re Zero S1+S2 in like 4 days.

Another anime that is way better than it has any right to be is Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out. Surprisingly funny and heartwarming. I was worried given the marketing, for obvious reasons.

On the flip side, the most disappointed I've been in an anime recently was I tried watching Date a Live (because of the new season coming out) and the first 5 minutes of that show is a guy's little sister bouncing on his bed with panty shots. Why. Just loving why, fuckkkkk

E: sorry first episode, not first season re: shadows house

Taima fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Mar 29, 2022

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

^_^

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://roosterteeth.com/g/post/67aca396-e2db-4dcc-a687-d7b4cae326a7

Blog post about Ice Queendom

quote:

First, the world of RWBY: Ice Queendom is NOT an alternate universe or a reboot. While the story is set in the same universe as the main show, we’re calling it “canon adjacent”. The new show is incredibly faithful to the original, while also taking some fun new liberties to switch things up a bit. The first two episodes of RWBY: IQ will recap V1 - V2 before kicking things off into a bold new adventure, full of new characters, new settings, new surprises, and (of course) new Grimm. Not only that, but you’ll also see a ton of familiar faces, too. While changes made to the existing RWBY content are not technically considered canon, it's a story that absolutely could exist alongside other RWBY content -- we just wanted the Japan team to be able to have as much fun with it as they wanted. Now as to what the story of the show is all about….well you’ll just have to wait and see!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
isn't that what it being AU means

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Insisting that it is not a reboot, and then basically describing reboot, seems strange.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Thermae romae's new season has lovely hot spring tours with the manga's author. It's very comfy.
Her voice is great, she should be a VA.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think it's more like a typical Shonen Jump movie in that it is a dubiously canon side story.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Are you making fun of me? It's ok if you are I guess, just curious.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

namtab's just happy, pejoratively

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
:3

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I. M. happy pejoratively

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

homeless snail posted:

namtab's just happy, pejoratively

You happy to see me or are your eyes just carets?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Taima posted:

Are you making fun of me? It's ok if you are I guess, just curious.

:iiam:

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Are the Karens going slower? I figured they'd become more active with spring around the corner.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6MHD1BSjTA

Witch from Mercury in October

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
They're actually doing a female protagonist? In a mainline Gundam series? Holy poo poo!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

flashing back to Build Fighters Try

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

dogsicle posted:

You mean she'll wear tight sports clothing and be reduced to a support mech?

Lurking Haro fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Mar 29, 2022

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

For those interested, the final season of Magia Record (unless they decide to adapt the game’s second arc one day) will debut in its entirety on April 3:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...g-song-/.183494

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

dogsicle posted:

lol

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

dogsicle posted:

:smith:

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

dogsicle posted:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Infected posted:

Are the Karens going slower? I figured they'd become more active with spring around the corner.

Eventually the Karens will be Stopped and the mods will still be trying to slow them down out of fear that their bright colors might induce seizures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I feel like, if you have epileptic seizures, maybe there's settings on your own computer for that that you should adjust first, before asking the mods on a dead gay internet forum to gently caress with another person's avatar image just because YOU have a medical condition.