Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I must have it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Bonerific, from Kyoukai Senki I assume? Need to get watching, but I impulse ordered the Amaim Ghost after seeing a YT review, with the same asymmetric head design.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

BizarroAzrael posted:

Bonerific, from Kyoukai Senki I assume? Need to get watching, but I impulse ordered the Amaim Ghost after seeing a YT review, with the same asymmetric head design.

It's from the new Gundam series, Witch from Mercury. No details yet on its role.

And the head is actually symmetric, it's just an odd angle in that photo:

Napoleon Nelson fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Mar 29, 2022

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
The other Witch from Mercury kits look fuckin sick

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Marx Headroom posted:

The other Witch from Mercury kits look fuckin sick

They look like they've got DNA from Seed, 00, and G-Reco in them. Pretty slick.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I see bits of AGE and Turn-A as well, all positive. Looks like it's not confirmed for a new or existing timeline

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

X-Ray Pecs posted:

I finished the RG Eva Unit 01 with Transport Platform set last night. Overall it’s a very good, detailed kit, and I’m constantly surprised at the level of detail they’re able to include. One of the coolest parts is how they did the eyes and horn; they molded multiple colors into one piece, and it’s the first advanced kit I’ve made that features eyes as a part instead of a decal (the entry grade RX-78-2 and SD/CS Char’s Zaku II don’t really count). The only downsides to the Eva itself is one of the chest plates is quick to fall off, and the green tip of one of its armguards also falls off easily. The Transport Platform is a cool idea in theory, but it was somehow more finicky to pose the Eva in that than on its own. One side would pop out, I would align it back into its rack, and then the other side would pop out. It probably took a solid 20 minutes to get it into the correct position, and then I installed the umbilical cable, which yanked it out of balance and I had to just forgo the cable (I had similar cable issues with Unit 00, it feels like it’s Just A Thing with these RG Eva kits).

The biggest upside of the kit is the AT field and special hands so you, too, can recreate goatse in plastic.

This is the thing that got me interested in the hobby and is probably the next one I’ll seek out. Where did you get it?

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Dr Christmas posted:

This is the thing that got me interested in the hobby and is probably the next one I’ll seek out. Where did you get it?

If you're in the US, Newtype has it in stock. The DX version has the AT field stuff if that's essential for you:
https://newtype.us/p/N3WWEXPeeqhmUyoxKrBv/h/rg-evangelion-unit-01-dx-transport-platform-set

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BizarroAzrael posted:

If you want to look at the Kyoukai Senki kits, don't sleep on the Bunyip Boomerang. The leg mechanics make it a real fun desk toy.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

BizarroAzrael posted:

I see bits of AGE and Turn-A as well, all positive. Looks like it's not confirmed for a new or existing timeline

It's confirmed as a new AU, just like Iron-Blooded Orphans. Makes sense - the villain suit looks extremely original and unconnected to any previous faction.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6GkfjRV3gk

Fukuoka store exclusive :v:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
https://www.gundammodelcenter.com/daban-mk2-fa-mg

If anyone ever wanted a MG Full Armor Gundam Mk.II, here you go.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

TaurusOxford posted:

https://www.gundammodelcenter.com/daban-mk2-fa-mg

If anyone ever wanted a MG Full Armor Gundam Mk.II, here you go.

Looking at the banner at the top of their page, but found actual images on another store but.

https://showzstore.com/rodams-1-72-ras-30l-clear_p2792.html

Rodams seem to be trying to one up Mechanicore in the 3rd party kits.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Napoleon Nelson posted:

If you're in the US, Newtype has it in stock. The DX version has the AT field stuff if that's essential for you:
https://newtype.us/p/N3WWEXPeeqhmUyoxKrBv/h/rg-evangelion-unit-01-dx-transport-platform-set

I'm thinking of getting this for a friend who's never done gunpla before but is a huge Eva fan. Is this a kit that looks great without the need for paint/panel lines? The photos look like you don't need to do anything other than decals.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Space Opera posted:

I'm thinking of getting this for a friend who's never done gunpla before but is a huge Eva fan. Is this a kit that looks great without the need for paint/panel lines? The photos look like you don't need to do anything other than decals.

If you ever want to see what a kit looks like unpainted, check http://dalong.net/ it has pictures of almost every Gundam kit and a lot of non-Gundam bandai kits. I can't link directly because of it's weird layout, but click the RG at the top to see their RG section and then scroll to the bottom to see the Evangelion kits.

Looks pretty good to me

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Gripweed posted:

If you ever want to see what a kit looks like unpainted, check http://dalong.net/ it has pictures of almost every Gundam kit and a lot of non-Gundam bandai kits. I can't link directly because of it's weird layout, but click the RG at the top to see their RG section and then scroll to the bottom to see the Evangelion kits.

Looks pretty good to me

Sweet, thank you! I think my friend is going to love this.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Gripweed posted:

Looks pretty good to me

The RG evas are notable because the box art is unpainted. Says something about how good they look out of the box.

I've built four of them so far, and they're great.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Those Witch kits look sick, unfortunately I have zero belief I will ever see a MG of any of them for a decade.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I can't guarantee an MG but can I interest you in a polycap filled grenade with five sheets of color stickers?

Razor Jacksuit
Mar 31, 2007

VEES RULE #1

After the recent discussion on God Hands I saw some at a local shop and thought about picking them up, only to realize there are several different model numbers at different price points. So what's the gold standard? Is it just the more expensive the better?

Also the responses to my last question about RGs has me in the market for a Nu. For those who've done both, did you prefer the Nu or the Hi Nu?

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

Razor Jacksuit posted:

After the recent discussion on God Hands I saw some at a local shop and thought about picking them up, only to realize there are several different model numbers at different price points. So what's the gold standard? Is it just the more expensive the better?

Also the responses to my last question about RGs has me in the market for a Nu. For those who've done both, did you prefer the Nu or the Hi Nu?

SPN 120 is the awesome one. I also kinda want to get their resin nippers since I have a ton of that to do, too.

Just Dan Again
Dec 16, 2012

Adventure!

Razor Jacksuit posted:

Assuming equal availability, I think the Nu hedges out the Hi-Nu by just a slim margin for me. The Hi-Nu is a triumph in color separation and sheer coolness, but the simple beauty of the Nu and extraordinary efficiency of its build takes it just a bit higher in my esteem. Both are great RGs, though, so if you can get either at a reasonable price then I'd jump on it.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

If I wanted to build a Justice, which is better: MG or RG?

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
hands down, MG. The MG Justice is based on the Freedom 2.0, which is fantastic.

The RG Justice, meanwhile, is one of the early kits in the line, with a pre molded inner frame that loosens up and stops holding positions under weight.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Just Dan Again posted:

Assuming equal availability, I think the Nu hedges out the Hi-Nu by just a slim margin for me. The Hi-Nu is a triumph in color separation and sheer coolness, but the simple beauty of the Nu and extraordinary efficiency of its build takes it just a bit higher in my esteem. Both are great RGs, though, so if you can get either at a reasonable price then I'd jump on it.

The Nu also has a 1/144 Amuro figure, which the Hi-Nu lacks. It's not a big deal either way, but I do like getting the little pilot figures, you know?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
That's just what happens when you don't ride your shield through an atmospheric reentry.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

We should do another group build

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Crispero? Charred?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Definitely charred

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
About finished with the RG Eva-01 myself, and it's pretty cool, but I almost wish I'd gotten one of the others that doesn't have those chest parts that stick out, because they're the kind where if they pop out you basically have to reconnect them from scratch all over again. Wish the shoulders were a bit less goofy of a connection too.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Group build !
Group build !
Group build !

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Justin_Brett posted:

About finished with the RG Eva-01 myself, and it's pretty cool, but I almost wish I'd gotten one of the others that doesn't have those chest parts that stick out, because they're the kind where if they pop out you basically have to reconnect them from scratch all over again. Wish the shoulders were a bit less goofy of a connection too.

Let me tell you about the Kotobukiya version's shoulders that are held in by prayer and like to fall off in a slight breeze...

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

mllaneza posted:

Group build !
Group build !
Group build !

This might get me out of my funk and actually working on my kits, so count me in.

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

mllaneza posted:

Group build !
Group build !
Group build !

Sign me up

What is it

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I'm in if I can find the kit

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

I'm in.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Any hot tips or recommendations for an airbrush kit and other related stuff suitable for a beginner?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Depending on the kit, I might be down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I'd love to do a group build, though I'm not sure what kit would be good for it. Something fairly inexpensive and easy to find, sure, but. Is anything easy to find anymore?