Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I feel bad that one of Thirteen's last episodes ran into all that trouble, but I kind of enjoy it when Doctor Who's reach exceeds its grasp. Shooting for the moon with the budget for a bus ride is what makes it weird. Looking forward to watching CG Sea Devils trip over pool chairs and 15 minutes of seemingly unrelated catch-and-escape material taking up the middle of the episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Our Flag Means Fart Music

https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/1508474009209520141

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/elevensstories/status/1508620801595133952?s=20&t=4jBKbH1pXadPzOtkJx2P7Q

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Ooooh. His body language does all cross-armed and defensive when he starts talking about Who. HE KNOWS SOMETHING! :byodood:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I love him so much. Like no hesitation, "that's the best role of my life."

Come on RTD, we need some Eleven "Lost Adventures" specials.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
RTD's first new round 2 season "oops all doctors!"

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

If RTD brought Eleven back and paired him with Donna and/or Wilf, even if just for a couple episodes, I do have to say that might just pique my interest. :v:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I want a new special of each old Doctor every year.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Sydney Bottocks posted:

If RTD brought Eleven back and paired him with Donna and/or Wilf, even if just for a couple episodes, I do have to say that might just pique my interest. :v:

Rather than bring back Eleven I'd rather see Smith (or actually any other doc) come back and do a new interpretation, just to make things interesting.

DO A MULTIDOC SPECIAL WHERE THE ACTORS AND ROLES ARE SCRAMBLED

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Just to gently caress with us, bring back old doc actors in non-doc roles. Just retcon it into a running joke that the Doctor always takes the face of someone they've met, even if they haven't always met them yet.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Rhyno posted:

I want a new special of each old Doctor every year.

Honestly, I'd settle for one that has one old Doctor and one old companion. Maybe even if it ate into the *looking pointedly at Russell T. Davies and getting louder* at least fourteen episodes that we'll be getting every year.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Bring back the 4x25 minute format.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Apparently Matt Smith has told Briggs that he's open to doing Big Finish one day, but not yet.

Pirate stories don't do much for me in general (not even fan favourite Doctor Who and the Pirates, though it's a got some great ideas), but hopefully this will be a fun romp. Whittaker's Doctor deserves at least one - aside from It Takes You Away, War of the Sontarans and Village of the Angels (assuming you ignore the flux nonsense) and Eve of the Daleks (if you ignore the stalker subplot), there's a lack of great episodes.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

CommonShore posted:

Rather than bring back Eleven I'd rather see Smith (or actually any other doc) come back and do a new interpretation, just to make things interesting.

Somebody hasn't seen Dimensions in Time.*

*Note: do not see Dimensions in Time.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bicyclops posted:

Honestly, I'd settle for one that has one old Doctor and one old companion. Maybe even if it ate into the *looking pointedly at Russell T. Davies and getting louder* at least fourteen episodes that we'll be getting every year.

I remember a few years ago a picture of Paul McGann and Janet Fielding hanging out together in front of a TARDIS console showed up out of nowhere and I couldn't believe they were letting us know all about the obviously multiple-episodes already filmed and just waiting to air 8th Doctor Adventures!

Edit: Also, just remembered in The Five Doctors when 3 meets up with Sarah Jane again, and she starts to explain that he regenerated and is struggling to describe 4 to him, and he asks,"All teeth and curls?" Apparently that was originally Liz Sladen's line but Pertwee thought it was such a great description he insisted he get to say it instead, even thought it made absolutely no sense that he'd know how to describe somebody he hadn't even become yet :allears:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Mar 30, 2022

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

Ooooh. His body language does all cross-armed and defensive when he starts talking about Who. HE KNOWS SOMETHING! :byodood:

Come on 60th special.

Updog Scully
Apr 20, 2021

This post is accompanied by all the requisite visual and audio effects.

:blastback::woomy::blaster:

CommonShore posted:

I'd love to see Colin Baker come back, but not as the Curator... as Maxil, who is now a grumpy old man who has a grudge against the Doctor for stealing his likeness.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Updog Scully posted:

I'd love to see Colin Baker come back, but not as the Curator... as Maxil, who is now a grumpy old man who has a grudge against the Doctor for stealing his likeness.

14: That's what you get for shooting me t:mad:

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Updog Scully posted:

“And look at this HAT they gave me! I couldn’t wear it because it didn’t fit through any of the doors!”

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

I think it's time to try it again. RTD loves his cliffhangers.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I expect actual quarry cliffs too

https://twitter.com/bigfinish/status/1509456190912225283

Vinylshadow fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Mar 31, 2022

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Goodie

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/robritchie409/status/1509838735634059264

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I see RTD is going in a new direction with the series.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
wish i hadn't seen that because whoever the next real doctor is, it will not be remotely as exciting as that

edit: im sure yall seen this before but new to me and weird
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsAVx0u9Cw4

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Apr 1, 2022

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Clem Fandango would be an excellent companion.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

happyhippy posted:

Clem Fandango would be an excellent companion.

A Klingon would be an interesting contrast to the Doctor's pseudo-pacifism.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Gaz-L posted:

Leela was a lot of fun in that regard, yes

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Gaz-L posted:

'The Doctor Is Gonna Bust A Cap/Everything In Yo rear end' haven't been linked to for a while...

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

Khanstant posted:

wish i hadn't seen that because whoever the next real doctor is, it will not be remotely as exciting as that

edit: im sure yall seen this before but new to me and weird
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsAVx0u9Cw4

This will probably have more raw passion and love for dr who (and respect for the pre-established lore) than the legend of the sea devils.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
If we're waiting around for people to be ready on our random thursday Who watches I put this on as the national anthem of who (along with I Am The Doctor and Doctor in Distress)

(For anyone who doesn't know, the group that made that is the art house acid industrial house pioneers The KLF (also known as the Justified Ancients of Mu Mu) better known for songs like 3am Eternal, What Time is Love and It's Grim Up North. And for burning a million quid as an art piece.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68CGBq8Rizs

MrL_JaKiri fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Apr 2, 2022

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/georgiaEtennant/status/1510267907019878404?s=20&t=Yi44KOFlEE_ZBKai70NyEw

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://youtu.be/Bisv9LLJCtk

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/MaxKashevsky/status/1510310369721524224

Devil might very well have a different connotation in their language for all we know

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Swashbuckle

Your seatbelts

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Come on, give us just one special with him as the doctor.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Incredible :allears:

Updog Scully
Apr 20, 2021

This post is accompanied by all the requisite visual and audio effects.

:blastback::woomy::blaster:
He has such Larry David vibes in that photo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Updog Scully posted:

He has such Larry David vibes in that photo.

Before I zoomed in on my phone, I thought that's who it was